|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ch. 2, Fear-the Great Enemy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of "You Learn By Living"?
(a) Eleanor Roosevelt
(b) Teddy Roosevelt
(c) Franklin Delano Roosevelt
(d) Laura Roosevelt
2. What does "You Learn By Living" ultimately provide for the reader?
3. How does Eleanor Roosevelt overcome her fear of nearly everything as a timid child?
(a) through self-discipline
(b) through self-preservation
(c) through self-esteem
(d) through self-efficacy
4. What are the three environments in which people obtain their education?
(a) at home, at school, and with friends
(b) at home, on the playground, and on holiday
(c) at home, at school, and at play
(d) at home, at school, and from life
5. What play is Eleanor Roosevelt forbidden to attend?
(a) Tess of of D'Urbervilles
(b) Much Ado About Nothing
(c) The Cherry Orchard
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing that no human being can avoid, according to Eleanor Roosevelt?
2. What do the people want to learn from Eleanor Roosevelt?
3. What instigated the writing of "You Learn By Living"?
4. What must parents be free of in order to raise their children free of fear?
5. According to Ms. Roosevelt, what are the most important ingredients in a child's education?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)