|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ch. 3, The Uses of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people want to learn from Eleanor Roosevelt?
(a) The people want to learn how to be Presidential
(b) The people want to learn how to life a bold life
(c) The people want to learn what it is like to be political and diplomatic
(d) The people want to learn what Eleanor Roosevelt has learned in her own lifetime.
2. What are Eleanor Roosevelt's two remedies for weariness caused by over-activity?
(a) rest and change
(b) relaxation and change
(c) travel and relaxation
(d) good food and sleep
3. What is one thing that no human being can avoid, according to Eleanor Roosevelt?
(a) making mistakes
(b) being uncertain about life
(c) achieving their dreams
(d) relying on the kindness of others
4. Why did Eleanor Roosevelt choose to write a book?
(a) to gain political ground with her constituents
(b) to reach a greater number of people with her message
(c) to gain popularity as a writer
(d) to reach out to those in need
5. What does Eleanor Roosevelt overhear her youngest son praise about having chance to pursue because of the support he received from his parents?
(a) his ability to find a suitable job
(b) his visit to Arthurdale
(c) his attendance at a prestigious college
(d) his ability study abroad
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eleanor Roosevelt's aunt, Mrs. Cowles, more unique than most adults?
2. How does Eleanor Roosevelt diminish her fear of the dark?
3. What does Eleanor Roosevelt offer to her readers instead of answers?
4. Why does Eleanor require James to read in the midst of the family?
5. What condition is the worst stumbling block for most people?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)