|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ch. 3, The Uses of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eleanor Roosevelt say should be interwoven into an organized stretch of time so as to prepare for unexpected things?
(a) tight details
(c) Plan B
(d) empty time slots
2. What kind of fears do more harm?
(a) unresolved fears
(b) imaginary fears
(c) reasonable fears
(d) irrational fears
3. What is overcoming one's fears considered, if looked at it positively?
(a) a lesson
(b) a solution
(c) a victory
(d) a challenge
4. Who's book does Eleanor Roosevelt accidentally tear a page in and is overwhelmed at the thought of displeasing them?
(a) her aunt's book
(b) her husband's book
(c) her grandmother's book
(d) her child's book
5. How is one's philosophy best expressed?
(a) by the choices one makes
(b) by the obstacles thrown in their path
(c) by the circumstances set before them
(d) by the choices made by others
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eleanor Roosevelt offer to her readers instead of answers?
2. What is Eleanor Roosevelt's philosophy about how different things work for different people?
3. What is every individual responsible for?
4. What does Laura say to her nieces and nephews regarding their use of time?
5. Why does Eleanor require James to read in the midst of the family?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)