|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ch. 6, Learning to be Useful.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an important feature about a volunteer?
2. How does Eleanor Roosevelt diminish her fear of the dark?
(a) She retrieves food for her aunt in the dark
(b) She retrieves a blanket for her aunt in the dark
(c) She retrieves medicine for her aunt in the dark
(d) She retrieves ice for her aunt in the dark
3. What is the question that children most ask?
4. What are the best years of a women's life?
(a) it varies by the individual
(b) it depends on when a woman finds her true calling
(c) a woman who is about to marry
(d) a woman who is raising children
5. What is overcoming one's fears considered, if looked at it positively?
(a) a challenge
(b) a solution
(c) a lesson
(d) a victory
Short Answer Questions
1. What journey does Eleanor Roosevelt describe as being one of great influences of her childhood?
2. What are many people afraid to use in their own lives that might truly benefit them and their personal dreams?
3. What is the name of Eleanor's teacher at a French school in England?
4. Who does Eleanor Roosevelt say has the ability to focus only on one thing at a time, and focus very well?
5. What does Miss Hickok do to cope with her own personal health disaster?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)