Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Crazy Truth," Chinaski recalled seeing a pedestrian verbally abuse a man in what color car?
2. Saroyan flees from the United States to _________.
3. In "Shoes," what does the young man think of the shoes?
4. In "Putrefaction," back to which decade does Chinaski think the country is regressing?
5. In "Starting Fast," where does Chinaski sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chinaski say about lost pleasure?
2. How does Chinaski feel about the beautiful lady editor?
3. What does Chinaski point out in "Termites of the Page"?
4. Why is the title "Practice" clever?
5. How is the Chinaski of 1986 described?
6. Describe the conclusion Chinaski arrives at in "Wearing the Collar" and "A Cat is a Cat is a Cat is a Cat."
7. Describe the message of "For the Concerned."
8. Describe the poem "The Lady in the Castle."
9. How does Chinaski focus on the hidden horrors of life?
10. Describe the poem "Invasion."
Discuss and analyze one metaphor that Chinaski has created in one of his poems to relate to modern American culture and interactions.
Analyze and give examples of Chinaski showing conceit toward age and youth.
Make an argument for or against Bukowski being misogynistic. Use at least three specific pieces of evidence from the text.
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)