|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does "Together" take place?
2. According to Chinaski, all rage and destructiveness is transformed into which of the following?
3. In "Drive Through Hell," where does Chinaski see the soul of the world?
4. Whom does Chinaski pity in "Supposedly Famous"?
5. Whom does Chinaski say he loves in "Supposedly Famous"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do many of the poems seem to serve as a defense of listlessness?
2. How is Chinaski portrayed in "Zero"?
3. What does Chinaski point out in "Termites of the Page"?
4. How does Chinaski juxtapose "Stride" and "The Final Story"?
5. Describe Chinaski's view of humanity.
6. What is the poem "Shoes" about?
7. What type of conflict does "Red Mercedes" describe?
8. Describe the events of the poem "Stride."
9. Describe Chinaski's feelings for John Fante.
10. What relationships are defined in "A Non-urgent Poem" and "For My Ivy League Friends"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Make an argument for or against Bukowski being misogynistic. Use at least three specific pieces of evidence from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Chinaski lack trust for humanity? What message do you think Bukowski sends in giving Chinaski this distrust?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Chinaski's domestic life. Is domestic life portrayed as positive or negative? Is Chinaski's opinion of domestic life genuine? Why or why not?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)