|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Over Done," why does Chinaski not enjoy the company of his old acquaintance?
(a) He is unnattractive.
(b) He is unintelligent.
(c) He talks too much.
(d) He smells bad.
2. Which item is a better companion than any women Chinaski can imagine?
3. What happens to Chinaski as he gets thinner in "You Get So Alone At Times . . ."?
(a) He becomes more interested in drinking.
(b) He stops writing.
(c) He finds himself less attractive.
(d) He becomes angry.
4. Where does the editor in "The Beautiful Lady Editor" help the poor?
(c) South America.
5. In "Wearing the Collar," which animal does Chinaski talk about?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Me and My Buddy," what does Chinaski do with his poem?
2. Where is Chinaski in "Not Listed"?
3. What happens to all good poetry at the end of "Me and My Buddy"?
4. What is Li Po's occupation?
5. During which event does "It's Funny, Isn't It? #1" take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Help Wanted," what does Chinaski fear?
2. Describe the events in the poem "The Boil."
3. What common theme runs through the poems "Practice," "My Buddy," John Edgar Webb," and "Love Poem to a Stripper"?
4. How does Chinaski feel about the beautiful lady editor?
5. Why does Chinaski think he has so many female critics?
6. How does Bukowski build a sense of foreboding in "Invasion"?
7. Why is the title "Practice" clever?
8. Describe Chinaski's self-esteem.
9. Is Bukowski seixst? Why or why not?
10. Describe the poem "Invasion."
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)