|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Li Po's occupation?
2. What is the name of the second girl in "Those Girls We Followed Home"?
3. In "Hard Times," Chinaski sees the men who ___________.
(a) Ran errands for him.
(b) Raked his leaves.
(c) Fixed his car.
(d) Painted his house.
4. Who is Philip Lamantia?
(a) An actor.
(b) A poet.
(c) A writer.
(d) A model.
5. Where does the pretty girl live in "Late Late Late Poem"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Me and My Buddy," what does Chinaski do with his poem?
2. Where does Chinaski imagine himself in "Me and My Buddy"?
3. Chinaski was told that the odds of a patient surviving a hospital for the poor are ______________.
4. In "Not Listed," Chinaski runs into an ex-jockey named ___________.
5. Which of the following describes the woman in "The Lady in the Castle"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bukowski build a sense of foreboding in "Invasion"?
2. How does Chinaski focus on the hidden horrors of life?
3. What metaphor is used in the poem "Seize the Day"?
4. Is Bukowski seixst? Why or why not?
5. How does Chinaski feel about the beautiful lady editor?
6. Why is "An Ordinary Poem" significant in terms of defining Chinaski?
7. What does the lion in "Invasion" represent?
8. Describe Bukowski's portrayal of populism in his poems.
9. Describe Chinaski's self-esteem.
10. Why is the title "Practice" clever?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)