|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman that "Love Poem to a Stripper" is dedicated to?
(c) Rose Mary.
2. Where does Chinaski imagine himself in "Me and My Buddy"?
3. What is "An Ordinary Poem" about?
(a) Things he does not like.
(b) Things he cares about.
(c) Things he has felt anger toward.
(d) A war.
4. In which poem does Bukowski ruminate on his inconsistent fame?
(b) "Their Night."
(c) "Relentless as a Tarantula."
(d) "Only For a Minute."
5. What happens to Chinaski in "Everybody Talks Too Much"?
(a) He gets into a fight.
(b) He files for divorce.
(c) He meets a woman at the bar.
(d) He is pulled over by a cop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Chinaski's other friend in "Song'?
2. What conclusion does Chinaski reach in "A Cat is a Cat is a Cat is a Cat"?
3. Which of the following is most evident in "I Thought the Stuff Tasted Worse than Usual"?
4. What is one of Chinaski's friends named in "Song"?
5. In "You Get So Alone At Times . . ." how many pounds does Chinaski recall losing in order to get published?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)