|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "An Ordinary Poem" about?
(a) Things he cares about.
(b) A war.
(c) Things he does not like.
(d) Things he has felt anger toward.
2. In "Hard Times," Chinaski sees the men who ___________.
(a) Ran errands for him.
(b) Painted his house.
(c) Raked his leaves.
(d) Fixed his car.
3. Which item is a better companion than any women Chinaski can imagine?
4. What bug makes an appearance in "A Tragic Meeting"?
(c) Boll weevil.
5. Chinaski declares that he is not worried about which of the following in "Someday I'm Going to Write a Primer . . ."?
(a) A war.
(c) A bomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What point is made in "Trying to Make It"?
2. Chinaski claims that the best one can hope for is which of the following?
3. In "Help Wanted," what does Chinaski recall doing?
4. During which event does "It's Funny, Isn't It? #1" take place?
5. In "Invasion," what kind of animal does Chinaski see in his doorway?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)