|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bug makes an appearance in "A Tragic Meeting"?
(c) Boll weevil.
2. In "Hard Times," Chinaski sees the men who ___________.
(a) Painted his house.
(b) Ran errands for him.
(c) Raked his leaves.
(d) Fixed his car.
3. Chinaski consoles himself that many men become which of the following over time?
4. In "I Thought the Stuff Tasted Worse than Usual," Chinaski smells like ____________.
(a) French bread.
5. In "Not Listed," Chinaski runs into an ex-jockey named ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Invasion," what kind of animal does Chinaski see in his doorway?
2. What conclusion does Chinaski reach in "A Cat is a Cat is a Cat is a Cat"?
3. How does Chinaski think every older person wants to die?
4. Which of the following has happened to Chinaski in "Longshot"?
5. In "A Following," Chinaski gets a call from __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conclusion Chinaski arrives at in "Wearing the Collar" and "A Cat is a Cat is a Cat is a Cat."
2. What metaphor is used in the poem "Seize the Day"?
3. How does Bukowski build a sense of foreboding in "Invasion"?
4. Why is the title "Practice" clever?
5. What does Chinaski say about lost pleasure?
6. Is Bukowski seixst? Why or why not?
7. Why is "An Ordinary Poem" significant in terms of defining Chinaski?
8. Describe Chinaski's self-esteem.
9. Describe the feelings Bukowski portrays in "Party's Over."
10. Describe Chinaski's feelings for the woman in "The Beautiful Lady Editor."
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)