|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Chinaski in "Everybody Talks Too Much"?
(a) He meets a woman at the bar.
(b) He is pulled over by a cop.
(c) He files for divorce.
(d) He gets into a fight.
2. What is the name of Chinaski's other friend in "Song'?
3. In "Let 'Em Go," Chinaski says he is tired of __________.
(a) Dating a woman.
4. Chinaski likes the editor in one of the poems even though she is which of the following?
5. What is Li Po's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Chinaski describes the food in Paris as being which of the following?
2. In "Me and My Buddy," what does Chinaski do with his poem?
3. Where does the pretty girl live in "Late Late Late Poem"?
4. What bug makes an appearance in "A Tragic Meeting"?
5. In "Wearing the Collar," which animal does Chinaski talk about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Chinaski's thought process in "Everybody Talks Too Much."
2. Describe the poem "The Lady in the Castle."
3. What allegory is present in "The Death of a Splendid Neighborhood"?
4. In "Help Wanted," what does Chinaski fear?
5. Why does Chinaski think he has so many female critics?
6. How and why does Chinaski focus on domestic life in some of the poems?
7. Describe the theme of solitude present in "Party's Over," "No Nonsense," and "Escape."
8. What does the lion in "Invasion" represent?
9. Describe the conclusion Chinaski arrives at in "Wearing the Collar" and "A Cat is a Cat is a Cat is a Cat."
10. Describe the argument that Bukowski makes in "Fractional Note."
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)