|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Seize the Day," what makes the grotesque man popular?
(a) He had a child.
(b) He won the lottery.
(c) He got a job.
(d) He moved away.
2. Chinaski was told that the odds of a patient surviving a hospital for the poor are ______________.
(a) One hundred to one.
(b) Two to one.
(c) Fifty to one.
(d) Ten to one.
3. Who is Philip Lamantia?
(a) An actor.
(b) A model.
(c) A poet.
(d) A writer.
4. In "Over Done," why does Chinaski not enjoy the company of his old acquaintance?
(a) He talks too much.
(b) He is unintelligent.
(c) He smells bad.
(d) He is unnattractive.
5. Where does Chinaski imagine himself in "Me and My Buddy"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Chinaski describes Paris as a lovely city full of _______________.
2. During which event does "It's Funny, Isn't It? #1" take place?
3. What is the name of one of Chinaski's friends in "Practice"?
4. In "Hard Times," Chinaski sees the men who ___________.
5. In "Fractional Note," what is happening to hope?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)