|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Chinaski's other friend in "Song'?
2. Chinaski declares that he is not worried about which of the following in "Someday I'm Going to Write a Primer . . ."?
(b) A war.
(d) A bomb.
3. Where does the editor in "The Beautiful Lady Editor" help the poor?
(d) South America.
4. How does Chinaski think every older person wants to die?
(a) Due to dementia.
(c) By a heart attack.
(d) In his sleep.
5. What is the name of Chinaski's second friend in "Practice"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Hard Times," how many familiar men does Chinaski run into?
2. In "Help Wanted," what does Chinaski recall doing?
3. What is Li Po's occupation?
4. What happens to Chinaski in "Everybody Talks Too Much"?
5. Which of the following is most evident in "I Thought the Stuff Tasted Worse than Usual"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What allegory is present in "The Death of a Splendid Neighborhood"?
2. How and why does Chinaski focus on domestic life in some of the poems?
3. Describe Chinaski's feelings for the woman in "The Beautiful Lady Editor."
4. Describe Chinaski's self-esteem.
5. Describe the poem "The Lady in the Castle."
6. What metaphor is used in the poem "Seize the Day"?
7. Is Bukowski seixst? Why or why not?
8. Describe Bukowski's portrayal of populism in his poems.
9. Describe the conclusion Chinaski arrives at in "Wearing the Collar" and "A Cat is a Cat is a Cat is a Cat."
10. Describe Chinaski's thought process in "Everybody Talks Too Much."
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)