|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which item is a better companion than any women Chinaski can imagine?
2. Chinaski claims that the best one can hope for is which of the following?
(a) A love life.
(b) Ten free minutes.
(c) A pet.
(d) A friend.
3. In "Gay Paree" what does Chinaski describe?
4. Where does the editor in "The Beautiful Lady Editor" help the poor?
(b) South America.
5. What animal does Chinaski watch with a friend in "Concrete"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "I Thought the Stuff Tasted Worse than Usual," Chinaski smells like ____________.
2. In "Fractional Note," what is described as getting worse?
3. Where does Chinaski get out of his car in "Hard Times"?
4. In "Hot," Bukowski claims that there is which of the following in everything around him?
5. In "Wearing the Collar," which animal does Chinaski talk about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Chinaski's self-esteem.
2. Describe Chinaski's thought process in "Everybody Talks Too Much."
3. Describe the theme of solitude present in "Party's Over," "No Nonsense," and "Escape."
4. How are "Hard Times" and "Concrete" juxtaposed?
5. How does Chinaski focus on the hidden horrors of life?
6. What allegory is present in "The Death of a Splendid Neighborhood"?
7. Describe the conclusion Chinaski arrives at in "Wearing the Collar" and "A Cat is a Cat is a Cat is a Cat."
8. Describe the poem "The Lady in the Castle."
9. What common theme runs through the poems "Practice," "My Buddy," John Edgar Webb," and "Love Poem to a Stripper"?
10. How does Chinaski feel about the beautiful lady editor?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)