|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Chinaski in "Not Listed"?
2. In "Hard Times," Chinaski sees the men who ___________.
(a) Painted his house.
(b) Fixed his car.
(c) Raked his leaves.
(d) Ran errands for him.
3. Which of the following is most evident in "I Thought the Stuff Tasted Worse than Usual"?
(a) Gallows humor.
4. Where is Chinaski in "Longshot"?
(c) Dentist office.
(d) Business office.
5. How many cats does Chinaski claim to own?
Short Answer Questions
1. What building is destroyed in "The Death of a Splendid Neighborhood"?
2. Which is Bukowski's essential argument in "Fractional Note"?
3. Chinaski describes Paris as a lovely city full of _______________.
4. What is the name of the woman that "Love Poem to a Stripper" is dedicated to?
5. In "From an Old Dog in his Cups," what relationship is explored?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bukowski use gallows humor and vaudeville in his poems?
2. Describe Chinaski's thought process in "Everybody Talks Too Much."
3. Describe the conclusion Chinaski arrives at in "Wearing the Collar" and "A Cat is a Cat is a Cat is a Cat."
4. What does the lion in "Invasion" represent?
5. Describe the theme of solitude present in "Party's Over," "No Nonsense," and "Escape."
6. What allegory is present in "The Death of a Splendid Neighborhood"?
7. Describe the poem "Invasion."
8. What metaphor is used in the poem "Seize the Day"?
9. Why does Chinaski think he has so many female critics?
10. Is Bukowski seixst? Why or why not?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)