|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which item is a better companion than any women Chinaski can imagine?
2. How does Chinaski think every older person wants to die?
(a) Due to dementia.
(b) By a heart attack.
(c) In his sleep.
3. At the end of "Someday I'm Going to Write a Primer . . ." Chinaski declares his love to whom?
(b) The reader.
(c) His fears.
(d) His wife.
4. Chinaski says that Mexican girls in "Longshot" are often doing which of the following?
(b) Tending to bedding.
(c) Doing paperwork.
(d) Sweeping and mopping.
5. Which of the following is most evident in "I Thought the Stuff Tasted Worse than Usual"?
(b) Gallows humor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the name of one of the women in "Those Girls We Followed Home"?
2. In "Marching Through Georgia," which of the following does Chinaski use to describe the world?
3. Chinaski consoles himself that many men become which of the following over time?
4. In "From an Old Dog in his Cups," what relationship is explored?
5. In "Hard Times," Chinaski sees the men who ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is "An Ordinary Poem" significant in terms of defining Chinaski?
2. How does Chinaski focus on the hidden horrors of life?
3. Describe the poem "Invasion."
4. How does Bukowski build a sense of foreboding in "Invasion"?
5. In "Help Wanted," what does Chinaski fear?
6. How does Chinaski feel about the beautiful lady editor?
7. Describe Chinaski's thought process in "Everybody Talks Too Much."
8. What allegory is present in "The Death of a Splendid Neighborhood"?
9. Describe Chinaski's feelings for the woman in "The Beautiful Lady Editor."
10. Why does Chinaski think he has so many female critics?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)