|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the man located in "The Man in the Brown Suit"?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) An office.
(c) A bank.
(d) A diner.
2. How old was Chinaski when he took a trip to Tijuana?
3. In "A Non-urgent Poem," a man says that Chinaski has lost which of the following?
4. All the crazy poets Chinaski used to work with now have what kinds of jobs?
(a) No jobs.
(b) Constructon jobs.
(c) Teaching jobs.
(d) Clergy jobs.
5. Chinaski believes that most poets are which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Chinaski's friend in "The Stride"?
2. Who is Emily Bukowski?
3. In which poem does Bukowski relate his famous origin story?
4. In "Helping the Old," where does Chinaski try to assist an old man?
5. Which poem is considered a play on words?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the poem "Together" about?
2. Describe the events of the poem "Stride."
3. What relationships are defined in "A Non-urgent Poem" and "For My Ivy League Friends"?
4. Which poems best reflect Chinaski's connection to generations of artists preceding him and why?
5. What recurring motif is made most apparent in "Rift"?
6. Describe Chinaski's father and his perception of him.
7. What type of conflict does "Red Mercedes" describe?
8. How does Chinaski juxtapose "Stride" and "The Final Story"?
9. How is Chinaski portrayed in "Zero"?
10. How does Chinaski feel about Joe O'Brien, and how does he react to his death?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)