|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the man located in "The Man in the Brown Suit"?
(a) A bank.
(b) A diner.
(c) A grocery store.
(d) An office.
2. According to Chinaski, all rage and destructiveness is transformed into which of the following?
3. In "Red Mercedes," what does the passenger hand the driver of the car from the glove box?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) A phone.
(d) A folder of documents.
4. When Chinaski writes, who or what accompanies him?
(a) His dogs.
(b) His cats.
(c) His radio.
(d) His brother.
5. In "Starting Fast," what does Chinaski ruminate on?
(a) His family.
(b) His age.
(c) His past.
(d) His job.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the thief in the boarding house tries to rob Chinaski, how does he get back at him?
2. In "Starting Fast," where does Chinaski sleep?
3. Chinaski's work is most likely a rebuttal to authors like ______________.
4. In "My Friend, The Parking Lot Attendant," where does the attendant work?
5. How much does Chinaski owe to the IRS?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Chinaski's view of humanity.
2. How does Chinaski feel about Joe O'Brien, and how does he react to his death?
3. Describe the message of "For the Concerned."
4. What is significant about the poems following "The Master Plan" in terms of imagery?
5. How does Chinaski juxtapose "Stride" and "The Final Story"?
6. How do many of the poems seem to serve as a defense of listlessness?
7. What is the poem "Shoes" about?
8. How is the Chinaski of 1986 described?
9. What happens in "The Passing of a Great One" and "The Wine of Forever"?
10. What is Chinaski's view of solitude?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)