|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Friends within the Darkness," Chinaski listens to __________.
(a) Country music.
(b) Classical music.
(c) Rap music.
(d) Rock music.
2. How did Chinaski's friend from "The Stride" die?
(a) In a boating accident.
(b) In a hunting accident.
(c) In the war.
(d) In a car accident.
3. Chinaski believes that most poets are which of the following?
4. In "The Stride," how old does Chinaski recall being?
5. In "Education," what does Chinaski remember?
(a) His father.
(b) His years in college.
(c) His childhood.
(d) A family reunion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Chinaski's lover with whom he lived with on next to nothing?
2. When Chinaski finds out he will have to live alone in "Rift," what does he feel?
3. What is the second thing the man Chinaski tries to help drops?
4. In "Drive Through Hell," where does Chinaski see the soul of the world?
5. In "Darkness," what does Chinaski lament?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which poems best reflect Chinaski's connection to generations of artists preceding him and why?
2. How does Chinaski feel about Joe O'Brien, and how does he react to his death?
3. How does Bukowski build a sense of foreboding in "Invasion"?
4. How and why does Chinaski focus on domestic life in some of the poems?
5. What type of conflict does "Red Mercedes" describe?
6. How is Chinaski portrayed in "Zero"?
7. Describe Chinaski's self-esteem.
8. Describe Chinaski's thought process in "Everybody Talks Too Much."
9. Why does Chinaski think he has so many female critics?
10. How does Chinaski focus on the hidden horrors of life?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)