|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Chinaski live?
(a) New York.
(b) San Francisco.
(d) Los Angeles.
2. In "Starting Fast," where does Chinaski sleep?
(a) A park bench.
(b) A stranger's home.
(c) A hostel.
(d) A flower bed.
3. Chinaski believes that most poets are which of the following?
4. In "The Crazy Truth," Chinaski recalled seeing a pedestrian verbally abuse a man in what color car?
5. Who is the subject of the poem "Retired"?
(a) Chinaski's father.
(b) Chinaski's mother.
(c) Chinaski's brother.
(d) A homeless man.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Chinaski owe to the IRS?
2. All the crazy poets Chinaski used to work with now have what kinds of jobs?
3. Which poem is a short quip in which Bukowski says it is still nice to be Bukowski?
4. Chinaski's work is most likely a rebuttal to authors like ______________.
5. In "Drive Through Hell," where does Chinaski see the soul of the world?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which poems best reflect Chinaski's connection to generations of artists preceding him and why?
2. What relationships are defined in "A Non-urgent Poem" and "For My Ivy League Friends"?
3. What happens in "The Passing of a Great One" and "The Wine of Forever"?
4. What does Chinaski point out in "Termites of the Page"?
5. How is Chinaski portrayed in "Zero"?
6. Describe Chinaski's feelings for John Fante.
7. Describe Chinaski's view of humanity.
8. Describe the events of the poem "Stride."
9. Which poem expresses a counterpoint of an indulgent and listless life?
10. In his poems, Bukowski acknowledges that all people have what, and why?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)