|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the chemistry teacher who molested Chinaski's friend?
(a) Mr. Heston.
(b) Mr. Harpin.
(c) Mr. Harold.
(d) Mr. Hunn.
2. To whom/what does Emily Bukowski tend?
(a) Her grandchildren.
(c) Her husband.
3. In "Darkness," what does Chinaski lament?
(b) American education.
(c) The lie of the American dream.
(d) The fulfillment of ambitions.
4. When Chinaski finds out he will have to live alone in "Rift," what does he feel?
(a) He does not feel at all alone.
(b) He feels very alone.
(c) He feels that he can easily find somebody else.
(d) He feels angry.
5. Where does Chinaski give another driver a rude gesture?
(a) School parking lot.
(b) Library parking lot.
(c) Supermarket parking lot.
(d) Busy intersection.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the thief in the boarding house tries to rob Chinaski, how does he get back at him?
2. When Chinaski writes, who or what accompanies him?
3. Chinaski's work is most likely a rebuttal to authors like ______________.
4. What is Chinaski's emotion in "I'll Take It..."?
5. Chinaski believes that most poets are which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is "An Ordinary Poem" significant in terms of defining Chinaski?
2. Describe the events in the poem "The Boil."
3. What does Chinaski point out in "Termites of the Page"?
4. Describe Bukowski's portrayal of populism in his poems.
5. Describe Chinaski's thought process in "Everybody Talks Too Much."
6. What recurring motif is made most apparent in "Rift"?
7. What does Chinaski say about lost pleasure?
8. Describe Chinaski's feelings for the woman in "The Beautiful Lady Editor."
9. Describe the events of the poem "Stride."
10. How and why does Chinaski focus on domestic life in some of the poems?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)