|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Chinaski's lover with whom he lived with on next to nothing?
2. In "Putrefaction," back to which decade does Chinaski think the country is regressing?
3. In "Termites of the Page," whom does Bukowski lambast?
(d) Middle class workers.
4. What is the name of Chinaski's friend in "The Stride"?
5. Whom does Chinaski pity in "Supposedly Famous"?
(a) His brothers and sisters.
(b) His wife.
(c) His cats
(d) Hs parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Starting Fast," what does Chinaski ruminate on?
2. Chinaski argues that his friend from "Stride" would feel crestfallen to see what which of the following does to a man?
3. Which of the following is the setting for "Red Mercedes" and a frequent setting in Bukowski's work?
4. In "My First Affair With That Older Woman," how much older than Chinaski is the woman?
5. Where is the hotel room in "A Good Time"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the feelings Bukowski portrays in "Party's Over."
2. Why does Chinaski think he has so many female critics?
3. Why is "An Ordinary Poem" significant in terms of defining Chinaski?
4. What recurring motif is made most apparent in "Rift"?
5. Describe the conclusion Chinaski arrives at in "Wearing the Collar" and "A Cat is a Cat is a Cat is a Cat."
6. What allegory is present in "The Death of a Splendid Neighborhood"?
7. Describe Chinaski's feelings for John Fante.
8. What does Chinaski point out in "Termites of the Page"?
9. Describe the message Bukowski presents in "Darkness."
10. Describe the poem "The Lady in the Castle."
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)