Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Crazy Truth," Chinaski recalled seeing a pedestrian verbally abuse a man in what color car?
2. Saroyan flees from the United States to _________.
3. In "Shoes," what does the young man think of the shoes?
(a) He thinks they are sexy.
(b) He thinks they would look good on him.
(c) He has no feelings about them.
(d) He thinks they are ridiculous.
4. In "Putrefaction," back to which decade does Chinaski think the country is regressing?
5. In "Starting Fast," where does Chinaski sleep?
(a) A hostel.
(b) A stranger's home.
(c) A park bench.
(d) A flower bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Supposedly Famous," Chinaski takes stock of __________.
2. Who is the subject of the poem "Retired"?
3. Where is Chinaski in "Sunny Side Down"?
4. All the crazy poets Chinaski used to work with now have what kinds of jobs?
5. In "Education," what does Chinaski remember?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chinaski say about lost pleasure?
2. How does Chinaski feel about the beautiful lady editor?
3. What does Chinaski point out in "Termites of the Page"?
4. Why is the title "Practice" clever?
5. How is the Chinaski of 1986 described?
6. Describe the conclusion Chinaski arrives at in "Wearing the Collar" and "A Cat is a Cat is a Cat is a Cat."
7. Describe the message of "For the Concerned."
8. Describe the poem "The Lady in the Castle."
9. How does Chinaski focus on the hidden horrors of life?
10. Describe the poem "Invasion."
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)