|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Chinaski's friend in "The Chemistry of Things"?
(b) Mary Anne.
(c) Mary Lou.
2. Chinaski argues that his friend from "Stride" would feel crestfallen to see what which of the following does to a man?
3. Who is most fond of motivational cliches?
(a) Chinaski's mother.
(b) Chinaski's father.
(c) Chinaski's mentor.
4. Where is Chinaski's favorite place in "My Vanishing Act"?
(a) A football field.
(b) A baseball field.
(c) A graveyard.
(d) A meadow.
5. All the crazy poets Chinaski used to work with now have what kinds of jobs?
(a) Clergy jobs.
(b) No jobs.
(c) Teaching jobs.
(d) Constructon jobs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Saroyan flees from the United States to _________.
2. What is the second thing the man Chinaski tries to help drops?
3. In "Education," what does Chinaski remember?
4. Chinaski assures the readers that even though he writes less about drinking and prostitutes, what is still intact?
5. Chinaski believes the best companion is _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What common theme runs through the poems "Practice," "My Buddy," John Edgar Webb," and "Love Poem to a Stripper"?
2. Describe Chinaski's feelings for John Fante.
3. What does the lion in "Invasion" represent?
4. What metaphor does Chinaski use to symbolize modern America?
5. What contentment does Bukowski describe in "It's Ours"?
6. Describe the events in the poem "The Boil."
7. What happens in "The Passing of a Great One" and "The Wine of Forever"?
8. What is the poem "Together" about?
9. What does Chinaski point out in "Termites of the Page"?
10. What metaphor is used in the poem "Seize the Day"?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)