|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Rift," who gets mad at Chinaski?
(a) The woman he lives with.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His roommate.
2. In "Supposedly Famous," Chinaski takes stock of __________.
(a) His wife's life.
(b) His life.
(c) His knowledge.
(d) His family.
3. What is the name of the thief who lives in a boarding house in "Bad Times at the 3rd and Vermont Hotel"?
4. What kind of magazines does Chinaski write for in "O Tempora! O Mores!"?
(a) Home improvement magazines.
(b) Women's magazines.
(c) Pornographic magazines.
(d) Outdoor magazines.
5. Chinaski assures the readers that even though he writes less about drinking and prostitutes, what is still intact?
(a) His anger.
(b) His depression.
(c) His faith.
(d) His agony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does "Together" take place?
2. Where does Chinaski give another driver a rude gesture?
3. When the thief in the boarding house tries to rob Chinaski, how does he get back at him?
4. In "Education," what does Chinaski remember?
5. When Chinaski writes, who or what accompanies him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the events of the poem "Stride."
2. What does "The Master Plan" reveal about Chinaski?
3. Which poem expresses a counterpoint of an indulgent and listless life?
4. How is Chinaski portrayed in "Zero"?
5. How does Chinaski juxtapose "Stride" and "The Final Story"?
6. Describe the message Bukowski presents in "Darkness."
7. In his poems, Bukowski acknowledges that all people have what, and why?
8. Describe Chinaski's father and his perception of him.
9. Describe Chinaski's view of humanity.
10. Describe Chinaski's feelings for John Fante.
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)