|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Emily Bukowski?
(a) Bukowski's mother.
(b) Bukowski's grandmother.
(c) Bukowski's sister.
(d) Bukowski's wife.
2. Chinaski assures the readers that even though he writes less about drinking and prostitutes, what is still intact?
(a) His agony.
(b) His anger.
(c) His depression.
(d) His faith.
3. In "Education," what does Chinaski remember?
(a) His father.
(b) A family reunion.
(c) His years in college.
(d) His childhood.
4. According to Chinaski, all rage and destructiveness is transformed into which of the following?
5. In "The Stride," how old does Chinaski recall being?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Chinaski in "Sunny Side Down"?
2. How old was Chinaski when he took a trip to Tijuana?
3. What is the name of Chinaski's lover with whom he lived with on next to nothing?
4. Whom does Chinaski seem to think deserves better than any other man?
5. What was the name of Chinaski's teacher?
Short Essay Questions
1. In his poems, Bukowski acknowledges that all people have what, and why?
2. What does "The Master Plan" reveal about Chinaski?
3. What type of conflict does "Red Mercedes" describe?
4. Describe the overall tone and themes of the poems in Bukowski's book.
5. Describe the events of the poem "Stride."
6. What is the poem "Together" about?
7. Describe the message Bukowski presents in "Darkness."
8. How does Chinaski juxtapose "Stride" and "The Final Story"?
9. What recurring motif is made most apparent in "Rift"?
10. What metaphor does Chinaski use to symbolize modern America?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)