|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has an ironic death in Bukowski's work?
(a) Chinaski's uncle.
(c) Chinaski's father.
(d) The man in the red Mercedes.
2. When the thief in the boarding house tries to rob Chinaski, how does he get back at him?
(a) He kills him.
(b) He hits him with a wine bottle.
(c) He takes his money.
(d) He sleeps with his girlfriend.
3. In "Rift," who gets mad at Chinaski?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His roommate.
(d) The woman he lives with.
4. To whom/what does Emily Bukowski tend?
(a) Her husband.
(c) Her grandchildren.
5. In "Drive Through Hell," where does Chinaski see the soul of the world?
(a) On the freeway.
(b) Near a park.
(c) At a school.
(d) In a diner.
6. In "The Master Plan," where does Chinaski survive a harsh winter?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York.
7. All the crazy poets Chinaski used to work with now have what kinds of jobs?
(a) No jobs.
(b) Teaching jobs.
(c) Constructon jobs.
(d) Clergy jobs.
8. What is the name of Chinaski's friend in "The Chemistry of Things"?
(c) Mary Anne.
(d) Mary Lou.
9. Which of the following adjectives best describes Chinaski of the present in "Zero"?
10. In "The Crazy Truth," Chinaski recalled seeing a pedestrian verbally abuse a man in what color car?
11. What was Fante's occupation?
12. In "My Friend, The Parking Lot Attendant," where does the attendant work?
(a) A fancy restaurant.
(b) A race track.
(c) A grocery store.
(d) A dance club.
13. Chinaski believes the best companion is _____________.
(a) His ex-girlfriend.
(c) His pets.
(d) His wife.
14. In "A Non-urgent Poem," a man says that Chinaski has lost which of the following?
15. Whom does Chinaski seem to think deserves better than any other man?
(c) John Fante.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the format of the poems in this collection?
2. Chinaski believes that most poets are which of the following?
3. In "Glenn Miller," Chinaski recalls what kind of shop?
4. Chinaski argues that his friend from "Stride" would feel crestfallen to see what which of the following does to a man?
5. In which poem does Bukowski relate his famous origin story?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)