|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chinaski, where are all of his defenders?
(a) North America.
(c) South America.
2. Which poem is considered a play on words?
(a) "O Tempora! O Mores!"
(c) "The Passing of a Great One."
(d) "Oh Yes."
3. When Chinaski writes, who or what accompanies him?
(a) His radio.
(b) His brother.
(c) His dogs.
(d) His cats.
4. Where does Chinaski give another driver a rude gesture?
(a) School parking lot.
(b) Library parking lot.
(c) Supermarket parking lot.
(d) Busy intersection.
5. Who is most fond of motivational cliches?
(a) Chinaski's mentor.
(b) Chinaski's mother.
(d) Chinaski's father.
6. When the thief in the boarding house tries to rob Chinaski, how does he get back at him?
(a) He hits him with a wine bottle.
(b) He sleeps with his girlfriend.
(c) He kills him.
(d) He takes his money.
7. Chinaski argues that his friend from "Stride" would feel crestfallen to see what which of the following does to a man?
8. Where is the hotel room in "A Good Time"?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) Las Vegas.
(c) New York.
9. What is the name of Chinaski's friend in "The Stride"?
10. In which poem does Chinaski struggle with writer's block?
(a) "Supposedly Famous."
(d) "I'll Take It."
11. In "Shoes," what does the young man think of the shoes?
(a) He has no feelings about them.
(b) He thinks they would look good on him.
(c) He thinks they are sexy.
(d) He thinks they are ridiculous.
12. What was Fante's occupation?
13. What kind of magazines does Chinaski write for in "O Tempora! O Mores!"?
(a) Home improvement magazines.
(b) Women's magazines.
(c) Outdoor magazines.
(d) Pornographic magazines.
14. Chinaski believes the best companion is _____________.
(a) His ex-girlfriend.
(b) His pets.
(d) His wife.
15. What is the name of the thief who lives in a boarding house in "Bad Times at the 3rd and Vermont Hotel"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Cornered," where does Chinaski often sit?
2. In "Starting Fast," where does Chinaski sleep?
3. In which poem does Bukowski relate his famous origin story?
4. In school, Chinaski often had difficulty with ___________.
5. How much does Chinaski owe to the IRS?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)