|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In school, Chinaski often had difficulty with ___________.
(d) Physical education.
2. Where is the hotel room in "A Good Time"?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) Las Vegas.
(d) New York.
3. Chinaski argues that his friend from "Stride" would feel crestfallen to see what which of the following does to a man?
4. Which of the following is the setting for "Red Mercedes" and a frequent setting in Bukowski's work?
(a) Race track.
(d) Chinaski's father's house.
5. In "Education," what does Chinaski remember?
(a) His father.
(b) His years in college.
(c) His childhood.
(d) A family reunion.
6. Where is Chinaski's favorite place in "My Vanishing Act"?
(a) A meadow.
(b) A football field.
(c) A graveyard.
(d) A baseball field.
7. According to Chinaski, all rage and destructiveness is transformed into which of the following?
8. What was Fante's occupation?
9. In "The Stride," how old does Chinaski recall being?
10. Saroyan flees from the United States to _________.
11. What kind of magazines does Chinaski write for in "O Tempora! O Mores!"?
(a) Women's magazines.
(b) Pornographic magazines.
(c) Home improvement magazines.
(d) Outdoor magazines.
12. In "Red Mercedes," what does the passenger hand the driver of the car from the glove box?
(a) A knife.
(b) A phone.
(c) A gun.
(d) A folder of documents.
13. What is the name of the thief who lives in a boarding house in "Bad Times at the 3rd and Vermont Hotel"?
14. What is the name of the chemistry teacher who molested Chinaski's friend?
(a) Mr. Heston.
(b) Mr. Hunn.
(c) Mr. Harold.
(d) Mr. Harpin.
15. In "The Crazy Truth," Chinaski recalled seeing a pedestrian verbally abuse a man in what color car?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Master Plan," where does Chinaski survive a harsh winter?
2. Saroyan insists that in order for him to write he needs to ______________.
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Chinaski of the present in "Zero"?
4. Where is Chinaski in "Sunny Side Down"?
5. Whom does Chinaski seem to think deserves better than any other man?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)