|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has an ironic death in Bukowski's work?
(a) The man in the red Mercedes.
(b) Chinaski's father.
(d) Chinaski's uncle.
2. Whom does Chinaski pity in "Supposedly Famous"?
(a) His cats
(b) His brothers and sisters.
(c) Hs parents.
(d) His wife.
3. All the crazy poets Chinaski used to work with now have what kinds of jobs?
(a) Teaching jobs.
(b) No jobs.
(c) Clergy jobs.
(d) Constructon jobs.
4. In "Shoes," what does the young man think of the shoes?
(a) He thinks they are sexy.
(b) He has no feelings about them.
(c) He thinks they are ridiculous.
(d) He thinks they would look good on him.
5. Chinaski believes that most poets are which of the following?
6. Which poem is considered a play on words?
(b) "O Tempora! O Mores!"
(c) "Oh Yes."
(d) "The Passing of a Great One."
7. What is the name of the thief who lives in a boarding house in "Bad Times at the 3rd and Vermont Hotel"?
8. Where is the hotel room in "A Good Time"?
(a) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) Las Vegas.
9. Whom does Chinaski seem to think deserves better than any other man?
(b) His father.
(d) John Fante.
10. What is the name of the chemistry teacher who molested Chinaski's friend?
(a) Mr. Hunn.
(b) Mr. Harpin.
(c) Mr. Harold.
(d) Mr. Heston.
11. Where is the man located in "The Man in the Brown Suit"?
(a) An office.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) A diner.
(d) A bank.
12. What is the name of Chinaski's friend in "The Chemistry of Things"?
(b) Mary Lou.
(c) Mary Anne.
13. When Chinaski finds out he will have to live alone in "Rift," what does he feel?
(a) He feels that he can easily find somebody else.
(b) He does not feel at all alone.
(c) He feels angry.
(d) He feels very alone.
14. In "My Friend, The Parking Lot Attendant," where does the attendant work?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) A fancy restaurant.
(c) A dance club.
(d) A race track.
15. In "The Stride," how old does Chinaski recall being?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Non-urgent Poem," a man says that Chinaski has lost which of the following?
2. Which of the following is the setting for "Red Mercedes" and a frequent setting in Bukowski's work?
3. In "Education," what does Chinaski remember?
4. In "Rift," who gets mad at Chinaski?
5. In "Glenn Miller," Chinaski recalls what kind of shop?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)