|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a theme not reflected by these poems?
2. What kind of magazines does Chinaski write for in "O Tempora! O Mores!"?
(a) Pornographic magazines.
(b) Women's magazines.
(c) Outdoor magazines.
(d) Home improvement magazines.
3. When the thief in the boarding house tries to rob Chinaski, how does he get back at him?
(a) He sleeps with his girlfriend.
(b) He kills him.
(c) He hits him with a wine bottle.
(d) He takes his money.
4. Which poem is considered a play on words?
(a) "Oh Yes."
(b) "The Passing of a Great One."
(c) "O Tempora! O Mores!"
5. What is the first thing that the man whom Chinaski tries to help drops?
(a) His gloves.
(b) His wallet.
(c) His hat.
(d) His glasses.
6. Who is Emily Bukowski?
(a) Bukowski's mother.
(b) Bukowski's wife.
(c) Bukowski's grandmother.
(d) Bukowski's sister.
7. Where is Chinaski in "Sunny Side Down"?
(a) A diner.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) A movie theater.
(d) A park.
8. In "Putrefaction," back to which decade does Chinaski think the country is regressing?
9. In which poem does Bukowski relate his famous origin story?
(b) "My Vanishing Act."
(c) "The Master Plan."
10. In "Education," what does Chinaski remember?
(a) His father.
(b) A family reunion.
(c) His years in college.
(d) His childhood.
11. In "Starting Fast," what does Chinaski ruminate on?
(a) His job.
(b) His past.
(c) His age.
(d) His family.
12. What is Chinaski's emotion in "I'll Take It..."?
13. Where is Chinaski's favorite place in "My Vanishing Act"?
(a) A football field.
(b) A baseball field.
(c) A meadow.
(d) A graveyard.
14. What significant event in history does Chinaski consider in "Sunny Side Down"?
(a) World War II.
(b) Industrial Revolution.
(c) Cold War.
(d) French Revolution.
15. In "Working It Out," who is Gregory Peck portraying on television?
(a) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) Mark Twain.
(d) Edgar Allan Poe.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom/what does Emily Bukowski tend?
2. In "A Funny Guy," what is Schopenhauer's profession?
3. In "Starting Fast," where does Chinaski sleep?
4. All the crazy poets Chinaski used to work with now have what kinds of jobs?
5. Where does the woman in "A Good Time" want to be taken?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)