|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Chinaski's friend from "The Stride" die?
(a) In a car accident.
(b) In the war.
(c) In a hunting accident.
(d) In a boating accident.
2. Where is the man located in "The Man in the Brown Suit"?
(a) An office.
(b) A diner.
(c) A bank.
(d) A grocery store.
3. In "Putrefaction," back to which decade does Chinaski think the country is regressing?
4. What is the second thing the man Chinaski tries to help drops?
(a) His cane.
(b) His medication.
(c) His paperwork.
(d) His hearing aid.
5. In which poem does Bukowski relate his famous origin story?
(a) "The Master Plan."
(b) "My Vanishing Act."
6. Which of the following adjectives best describes Chinaski of the present in "Zero"?
7. In "My First Affair With That Older Woman," how much older than Chinaski is the woman?
(a) Five years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Twenty years.
8. In "A Non-urgent Poem," a man says that Chinaski has lost which of the following?
9. When Chinaski writes, who or what accompanies him?
(a) His cats.
(b) His brother.
(c) His radio.
(d) His dogs.
10. Who is Emily Bukowski?
(a) Bukowski's mother.
(b) Bukowski's sister.
(c) Bukowski's wife.
(d) Bukowski's grandmother.
11. In "The Master Plan," where does Chinaski survive a harsh winter?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
12. In "Termites of the Page," whom does Bukowski lambast?
(d) Middle class workers.
13. Whom does Chinaski seem to think deserves better than any other man?
(a) His father.
(c) John Fante.
14. In "My Friend, The Parking Lot Attendant," where does the attendant work?
(a) A race track.
(b) A dance club.
(c) A fancy restaurant.
(d) A grocery store.
15. In "Starting Fast," where does Chinaski sleep?
(a) A park bench.
(b) A hostel.
(c) A flower bed.
(d) A stranger's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of magazines does Chinaski write for in "O Tempora! O Mores!"?
2. In "Helping the Old," where does Chinaski try to assist an old man?
3. What boy throws up in "Whorehouse"?
4. In "Darkness," what does Chinaski lament?
5. In school, Chinaski often had difficulty with ___________.
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)