|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chinaski argues that his friend from "Stride" would feel crestfallen to see what which of the following does to a man?
2. To whom/what does Emily Bukowski tend?
(a) Her husband.
(d) Her grandchildren.
3. How did Chinaski's friend from "The Stride" die?
(a) In the war.
(b) In a car accident.
(c) In a boating accident.
(d) In a hunting accident.
4. What does Bukowski seem to defend through his poetry?
(d) Lack of ambition.
5. What is the name of the chemistry teacher who molested Chinaski's friend?
(a) Mr. Harold.
(b) Mr. Harpin.
(c) Mr. Hunn.
(d) Mr. Heston.
6. Where is the man located in "The Man in the Brown Suit"?
(a) A diner.
(b) An office.
(c) A bank.
(d) A grocery store.
7. When the thief in the boarding house tries to rob Chinaski, how does he get back at him?
(a) He kills him.
(b) He sleeps with his girlfriend.
(c) He takes his money.
(d) He hits him with a wine bottle.
8. What is the second thing the man Chinaski tries to help drops?
(a) His medication.
(b) His paperwork.
(c) His cane.
(d) His hearing aid.
9. What was the name of Chinaski's teacher?
(a) Ms. Samuels.
(b) Ms. Simpson.
(c) Ms. Simms.
(d) Ms. Sorento.
10. In "Red Mercedes," what does the passenger hand the driver of the car from the glove box?
(a) A gun.
(b) A phone.
(c) A folder of documents.
(d) A knife.
11. In "Cornered," where does Chinaski often sit?
(a) Busy restaurants.
(c) Empty bars.
(d) Park benches.
12. What kind of women does "Poor Al" date?
(a) Crazy women.
(b) Sad women.
(c) Absent women.
(d) Stupid women.
13. In "Glenn Miller," Chinaski recalls what kind of shop?
(a) Bicycle shop.
(b) Book shop.
(c) Soda shop.
(d) Sports shop.
14. In "Supposedly Famous," Chinaski takes stock of __________.
(a) His wife's life.
(b) His family.
(c) His knowledge.
(d) His life.
15. In school, Chinaski often had difficulty with ___________.
(a) Physical education.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Chinaski seem to think deserves better than any other man?
2. Where does the woman in "A Good Time" want to be taken?
3. What is the name of Chinaski's friend in "The Stride"?
4. What is the occupation of the subject in "That's Why Funerals Are So Sad"?
5. In which poem does Chinaski struggle with writer's block?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)