|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the thief in the boarding house tries to rob Chinaski, how does he get back at him?
(a) He takes his money.
(b) He kills him.
(c) He hits him with a wine bottle.
(d) He sleeps with his girlfriend.
2. In "A Non-urgent Poem," a man says that Chinaski has lost which of the following?
3. What is the first thing that the man whom Chinaski tries to help drops?
(a) His wallet.
(b) His glasses.
(c) His gloves.
(d) His hat.
4. What is the name of Chinaski's friend in "The Stride"?
5. Chinaski believes the best companion is _____________.
(a) His pets.
(c) His wife.
(d) His ex-girlfriend.
6. In "Glenn Miller," Chinaski recalls what kind of shop?
(a) Sports shop.
(b) Bicycle shop.
(c) Soda shop.
(d) Book shop.
7. To whom/what does Emily Bukowski tend?
(b) Her grandchildren.
(c) Her husband.
8. In "Darkness," what does Chinaski lament?
(a) The lie of the American dream.
(c) The fulfillment of ambitions.
(d) American education.
9. In "Red Mercedes," what does the passenger hand the driver of the car from the glove box?
(a) A phone.
(b) A folder of documents.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
10. In "Helping the Old," where does Chinaski try to assist an old man?
(a) The theater.
(b) The bank.
(c) The sidewalk
(d) The grocery store.
11. Who is most fond of motivational cliches?
(b) Chinaski's father.
(c) Chinaski's mother.
(d) Chinaski's mentor.
12. In "My Friend, The Parking Lot Attendant," where does the attendant work?
(a) A race track.
(b) A dance club.
(c) A grocery store.
(d) A fancy restaurant.
13. Which of the following is a theme not reflected by these poems?
14. Which poem is considered a play on words?
(a) "O Tempora! O Mores!"
(c) "Oh Yes."
(d) "The Passing of a Great One."
15. In "Starting Fast," where does Chinaski sleep?
(a) A hostel.
(b) A park bench.
(c) A flower bed.
(d) A stranger's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the man located in "The Man in the Brown Suit"?
2. What is the occupation of the subject in "That's Why Funerals Are So Sad"?
3. In "A Funny Guy," what is Schopenhauer's profession?
4. Where is Chinaski's favorite place in "My Vanishing Act"?
5. In "The Crazy Truth," Chinaski recalled seeing a pedestrian verbally abuse a man in what color car?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)