|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Putrefaction," back to which decade does Chinaski think the country is regressing?
2. What is the format of the poems in this collection?
(a) Free verse.
3. In "Termites of the Page," whom does Bukowski lambast?
(d) Middle class workers.
4. In "Shoes," what does the young man think of the shoes?
(a) He thinks they are ridiculous.
(b) He thinks they are sexy.
(c) He has no feelings about them.
(d) He thinks they would look good on him.
5. What is the name of Chinaski's friend in "The Stride"?
6. Where is the hotel room in "A Good Time"?
(a) Las Vegas.
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
7. What is Chinaski's justification for indolence and excess?
(a) His existence.
(b) His childhood.
(c) His privilege.
(d) His love life.
8. Where does "Together" take place?
(a) A park.
(b) A rented room.
(c) A diner.
(d) A hostel.
9. In "Education," what does Chinaski remember?
(a) His childhood.
(b) His years in college.
(c) A family reunion.
(d) His father.
10. Chinaski argues that his friend from "Stride" would feel crestfallen to see what which of the following does to a man?
11. Where does the woman in "A Good Time" want to be taken?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
(d) Las Vegas.
12. In "Rift," who gets mad at Chinaski?
(a) His roommate.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) The woman he lives with.
13. What is the name of Chinaski's lover with whom he lived with on next to nothing?
14. What is the name of the chemistry teacher who molested Chinaski's friend?
(a) Mr. Harpin.
(b) Mr. Heston.
(c) Mr. Harold.
(d) Mr. Hunn.
15. In which poem does Chinaski struggle with writer's block?
(b) "Supposedly Famous."
(c) "I'll Take It."
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Friends within the Darkness," Chinaski listens to __________.
2. To whom/what does Emily Bukowski tend?
3. What is the name of Chinaski's friend in "The Chemistry of Things"?
4. In "Red Mercedes," what does the passenger hand the driver of the car from the glove box?
5. Whom does Chinaski pity in "Supposedly Famous"?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)