|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Chinaski say he loves in "Supposedly Famous"?
(a) His cats.
(b) His wife.
(c) His parents.
(d) His critics.
2. To whom/what does Emily Bukowski tend?
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her grandchildren.
3. In "Glenn Miller," Chinaski recalls what kind of shop?
(a) Bicycle shop.
(b) Soda shop.
(c) Sports shop.
(d) Book shop.
4. According to Chinaski in "Drive Through Hell," the adjective which describes all of humanity is ________.
5. What is the occupation of the subject in "That's Why Funerals Are So Sad"?
(a) A boxer.
(b) An actor.
(c) A writer.
(d) A police officer.
6. What boy throws up in "Whorehouse"?
7. In which poem does Bukowski relate his famous origin story?
(a) "My Vanishing Act."
(b) "The Master Plan."
8. Where is Chinaski's favorite place in "My Vanishing Act"?
(a) A football field.
(b) A graveyard.
(c) A meadow.
(d) A baseball field.
9. In "My First Affair With That Older Woman," how much older than Chinaski is the woman?
(a) Five years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Fifteen years.
10. In "The Master Plan," where does Chinaski survive a harsh winter?
(b) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
11. What was Fante's occupation?
12. In "Education," what does Chinaski remember?
(a) A family reunion.
(b) His father.
(c) His childhood.
(d) His years in college.
13. What does Bukowski seem to defend through his poetry?
(b) Lack of ambition.
14. Where is the man located in "The Man in the Brown Suit"?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) A bank.
(c) An office.
(d) A diner.
15. In "Supposedly Famous," Chinaski takes stock of __________.
(a) His life.
(b) His wife's life.
(c) His family.
(d) His knowledge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Emily Bukowski?
2. Which of the following is the setting for "Red Mercedes" and a frequent setting in Bukowski's work?
3. How old was Chinaski when he took a trip to Tijuana?
4. Where does Chinaski live?
5. All the crazy poets Chinaski used to work with now have what kinds of jobs?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)