|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Putrefaction," back to which decade does Chinaski think the country is regressing?
2. In "The Stride," how old does Chinaski recall being?
3. According to Chinaski in "Drive Through Hell," the adjective which describes all of humanity is ________.
4. Chinaski's work is most likely a rebuttal to authors like ______________.
(a) Stephenie Meyer.
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(d) Anne Rice.
5. How did Chinaski's friend from "The Stride" die?
(a) In a hunting accident.
(b) In a boating accident.
(c) In the war.
(d) In a car accident.
6. In "The Crazy Truth," Chinaski recalled seeing a pedestrian verbally abuse a man in what color car?
7. In "Education," what does Chinaski remember?
(a) His father.
(b) His childhood.
(c) A family reunion.
(d) His years in college.
8. Whom does Chinaski say he loves in "Supposedly Famous"?
(a) His parents.
(b) His cats.
(c) His critics.
(d) His wife.
9. Where does the woman in "A Good Time" want to be taken?
(a) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) Las Vegas.
10. How old was Chinaski when he took a trip to Tijuana?
11. Who is most fond of motivational cliches?
(b) Chinaski's mother.
(c) Chinaski's father.
(d) Chinaski's mentor.
12. In "Glenn Miller," Chinaski recalls what kind of shop?
(a) Sports shop.
(b) Bicycle shop.
(c) Soda shop.
(d) Book shop.
13. To whom/what does Emily Bukowski tend?
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her grandchildren.
14. What is the name of Chinaski's friend in "The Chemistry of Things"?
(b) Mary Lou.
(d) Mary Anne.
15. What is the name of the thief who lives in a boarding house in "Bad Times at the 3rd and Vermont Hotel"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Saroyan flees from the United States to _________.
2. In "Starting Fast," what does Chinaski ruminate on?
3. In "A Funny Guy," what is Schopenhauer's profession?
4. Where does "Together" take place?
5. In "Working It Out," who is Gregory Peck portraying on television?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)