|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Crazy Truth," Chinaski recalled seeing a pedestrian verbally abuse a man in what color car?
2. When the thief in the boarding house tries to rob Chinaski, how does he get back at him?
(a) He kills him.
(b) He sleeps with his girlfriend.
(c) He takes his money.
(d) He hits him with a wine bottle.
3. In "Drive Through Hell," where does Chinaski see the soul of the world?
(a) On the freeway.
(b) Near a park.
(c) In a diner.
(d) At a school.
4. In "Glenn Miller," Chinaski recalls what kind of shop?
(a) Book shop.
(b) Soda shop.
(c) Bicycle shop.
(d) Sports shop.
5. Chinaski believes that most poets are which of the following?
6. In "Supposedly Famous," Chinaski takes stock of __________.
(a) His life.
(b) His knowledge.
(c) His family.
(d) His wife's life.
7. What is the name of the chemistry teacher who molested Chinaski's friend?
(a) Mr. Heston.
(b) Mr. Hunn.
(c) Mr. Harpin.
(d) Mr. Harold.
8. Where is Chinaski in "Sunny Side Down"?
(a) A movie theater.
(b) A park.
(c) A diner.
(d) A grocery store.
9. What was the name of Chinaski's teacher?
(a) Ms. Simms.
(b) Ms. Simpson.
(c) Ms. Samuels.
(d) Ms. Sorento.
10. In "My Friend, The Parking Lot Attendant," where does the attendant work?
(a) A dance club.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) A fancy restaurant.
(d) A race track.
11. In which poem does Chinaski struggle with writer's block?
(b) "Supposedly Famous."
(d) "I'll Take It."
12. What boy throws up in "Whorehouse"?
13. What is Chinaski's justification for indolence and excess?
(a) His childhood.
(b) His existence.
(c) His love life.
(d) His privilege.
14. According to Chinaski, where are all of his defenders?
(a) South America.
(d) North America.
15. In "Putrefaction," back to which decade does Chinaski think the country is regressing?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Chinaski's friend from "The Stride" die?
2. Who has an ironic death in Bukowski's work?
3. How old was Chinaski when he took a trip to Tijuana?
4. In "The Master Plan," where does Chinaski survive a harsh winter?
5. What is the name of the thief who lives in a boarding house in "Bad Times at the 3rd and Vermont Hotel"?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)