Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Crazy Truth," Chinaski recalled seeing a pedestrian verbally abuse a man in what color car?
2. Saroyan flees from the United States to _________.
3. In "Shoes," what does the young man think of the shoes?
(a) He thinks they are sexy.
(b) He thinks they would look good on him.
(c) He has no feelings about them.
(d) He thinks they are ridiculous.
4. In "Putrefaction," back to which decade does Chinaski think the country is regressing?
5. In "Starting Fast," where does Chinaski sleep?
(a) A hostel.
(b) A stranger's home.
(c) A park bench.
(d) A flower bed.
6. In "Supposedly Famous," Chinaski takes stock of __________.
(a) His family.
(b) His wife's life.
(c) His life.
(d) His knowledge.
7. Who is the subject of the poem "Retired"?
(a) Chinaski's brother.
(b) Chinaski's mother.
(c) A homeless man.
(d) Chinaski's father.
8. Where is Chinaski in "Sunny Side Down"?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) A park.
(c) A diner.
(d) A movie theater.
9. All the crazy poets Chinaski used to work with now have what kinds of jobs?
(a) No jobs.
(b) Clergy jobs.
(c) Constructon jobs.
(d) Teaching jobs.
10. In "Education," what does Chinaski remember?
(a) His childhood.
(b) His father.
(c) His years in college.
(d) A family reunion.
11. Who is Emily Bukowski?
(a) Bukowski's mother.
(b) Bukowski's sister.
(c) Bukowski's grandmother.
(d) Bukowski's wife.
12. Saroyan insists that in order for him to write he needs to ______________.
13. According to Chinaski, all rage and destructiveness is transformed into which of the following?
14. In "Friends within the Darkness," Chinaski listens to __________.
(a) Rock music.
(b) Country music.
(c) Classical music.
(d) Rap music.
15. Whom does Chinaski seem to think deserves better than any other man?
(a) His father.
(c) John Fante.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chinaski believes the best companion is _____________.
2. Where is Chinaski's favorite place in "My Vanishing Act"?
3. How did Chinaski's friend from "The Stride" die?
4. Where does "Together" take place?
5. In "Working It Out," who is Gregory Peck portraying on television?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)