|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 298-313.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Marching Through Georgia," which of the following does Chinaski use to describe the world?
2. In "Hard Times," Chinaski sees the men who ___________.
(a) Painted his house.
(b) Raked his leaves.
(c) Ran errands for him.
(d) Fixed his car.
3. Whom does Chinaski meet in "A Tragic Meeting"?
4. Where does Chinaski give another driver a rude gesture?
(a) Library parking lot.
(b) Supermarket parking lot.
(c) Busy intersection.
(d) School parking lot.
5. In which poem does Chinaski struggle with writer's block?
(a) "Supposedly Famous."
(d) "I'll Take It."
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Master Plan," where does Chinaski survive a harsh winter?
2. What does Bukowski seem to defend through his poetry?
3. In which poem does Chinaski claim that simple moments ensure the world cannot fully destroy people?
4. At the end of "Someday I'm Going to Write a Primer . . ." Chinaski declares his love to whom?
5. In "Their Night," Chinaski connects his distaste for the Lost Generation to __________.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)