|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 298-313.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Termites of the Page," whom does Bukowski lambast?
(a) Middle class workers.
2. How does Bukowski want people to react to his death?
(a) Not to remember him.
(b) Not to read his work.
(c) To mourn.
(d) Not to cry.
3. Why does Chinaski write his poems in longhand?
(a) He won't wake his wife.
(b) He doesn't have to remember his shorthand.
(c) He feels nervous about his words.
(d) He likes his handwriting.
4. Where does "Together" take place?
(a) A rented room.
(b) A park.
(c) A diner.
(d) A hostel.
5. Where does "My Buddy" take place?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chinaski, all rage and destructiveness is transformed into which of the following?
2. "Love Poem to a Stripper" is dedicated to a woman that Chinaski saw in which year?
3. Which of the following is the setting for "Red Mercedes" and a frequent setting in Bukowski's work?
4. Who is most fond of motivational cliches?
5. In "Supposedly Famous," Chinaski takes stock of __________.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)