|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 298-313.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the important thing in life to Chinaski?
(a) How you press through it.
(b) How you write about it.
(c) How you defend it.
(d) How you read it.
2. In "The Shrinking Island," Chinaski's wife tells him not to step on_________.
(a) A creaky floor.
(b) The rug.
(c) The cat.
(d) A spill.
3. "Working Out" is about_________.
(c) Van Gogh.
4. Chinaski believes the best companion is _____________.
(b) His pets.
(c) His wife.
(d) His ex-girlfriend.
5. Whom does Chinaski say he loves in "Supposedly Famous"?
(a) His wife.
(b) His parents.
(c) His critics.
(d) His cats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the man located in "The Man in the Brown Suit"?
2. In which poem does Chinaski discuss great writers past their prime?
3. What is Li Po's occupation?
4. Who has an ironic death in Bukowski's work?
5. In "Concrete," who invites Chinaski to his house?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)