|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 298-313.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is Bukowski's essential argument in "Fractional Note"?
(a) The real world does not exist.
(b) There is no reason for faith.
(c) There are no certainties.
(d) Love does not exist.
2. In "From an Old Dog in his Cups," what relationship is explored?
(a) Between writing and love.
(b) Between writing and insanity.
(c) Between drinking and fighting.
(d) Between drinking and writing.
3. Which item is a better companion than any women Chinaski can imagine?
4. In which of the following poems does Chinaski not focus on the hidden horrors of life?
(a) "The Lady in the Castle."
(b) "The Blade."
(c) "Not Listed."
(d) "The Boil."
5. When Chinaski finds out he will have to live alone in "Rift," what does he feel?
(a) He feels that he can easily find somebody else.
(b) He feels very alone.
(c) He feels angry.
(d) He does not feel at all alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Fante's occupation?
2. What is the name of the woman that "Love Poem to a Stripper" is dedicated to?
3. "Love Poem to a Stripper" is dedicated to a woman that Chinaski saw in which year?
4. Chinaski mentions that the lottery funds _____________.
5. In which poem does Chinaski discuss great writers past their prime?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)