|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 298-313.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What conclusion does Chinaski reach in "A Cat is a Cat is a Cat is a Cat"?
(a) He hates people.
(b) He hates animals.
(c) He prefers cats to people.
(d) He prefers dogs to cats.
2. Saroyan flees from the United States to _________.
3. In "Concrete," who invites Chinaski to his house?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A poet.
(c) A hairstylist.
(d) A painter.
4. What is the name of the woman that "Love Poem to a Stripper" is dedicated to?
(c) Rose Mary.
5. What happens to all good poetry at the end of "Me and My Buddy"?
(a) It disappears.
(b) It is lost for a short while.
(c) It becomes more abundant.
(d) It does not change.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chinaski consoles himself that many men become which of the following over time?
2. In "Let 'Em Go," Chinaski says he is tired of __________.
3. In "The Beautiful Lady Editor," who writes to Chinaski telling him he deserves to be miserable?
4. In "A Following," Chinaski gets a call from __________.
5. In "Starting Fast," where does Chinaski sleep?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)