|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 298-313.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the man located in "The Man in the Brown Suit"?
(a) A bank.
(b) An office.
(c) A diner.
(d) A grocery store.
2. Why does Chinaski write his poems in longhand?
(a) He feels nervous about his words.
(b) He won't wake his wife.
(c) He likes his handwriting.
(d) He doesn't have to remember his shorthand.
3. Where does "Together" take place?
(a) A rented room.
(b) A park.
(c) A diner.
(d) A hostel.
4. In "The Beautiful Lady Editor," who writes to Chinaski telling him he deserves to be miserable?
(a) His ex-wife.
(b) The editor.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
5. In "My First Affair With That Older Woman," how much older than Chinaski is the woman?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Twenty years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chinaski's emotion in "I'll Take It..."?
2. In "Hard Times," how many familiar men does Chinaski run into?
3. Which of the following is most evident in "I Thought the Stuff Tasted Worse than Usual"?
4. What bug makes an appearance in "A Tragic Meeting"?
5. All the crazy poets Chinaski used to work with now have what kinds of jobs?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)