|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 298-313.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Crazy Truth," Chinaski recalled seeing a pedestrian verbally abuse a man in what color car?
2. Which poem is considered a play on words?
(a) "O Tempora! O Mores!"
(c) "Oh Yes."
(d) "The Passing of a Great One."
3. Chinaski mentions that the lottery funds _____________.
(c) Health care.
(d) Public safety.
4. What kind of women does "Poor Al" date?
(a) Stupid women.
(b) Absent women.
(c) Sad women.
(d) Crazy women.
5. In "Seize the Day," what makes the grotesque man popular?
(a) He had a child.
(b) He got a job.
(c) He won the lottery.
(d) He moved away.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Putrefaction," back to which decade does Chinaski think the country is regressing?
2. What is Chinaski's emotion in "I'll Take It..."?
3. Whom does Chinaski seem to think deserves better than any other man?
4. Which of the following is the setting for "Red Mercedes" and a frequent setting in Bukowski's work?
5. To whom/what does Emily Bukowski tend?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)