|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 236-255.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Darkness," what does Chinaski lament?
(a) American education.
(b) The fulfillment of ambitions.
(d) The lie of the American dream.
2. In "Not Listed," Chinaski runs into an ex-jockey named ___________.
3. Chinaski describes the food in Paris as being which of the following?
(a) Under spiced.
(c) Over spiced.
4. What is the second thing the man Chinaski tries to help drops?
(a) His cane.
(b) His hearing aid.
(c) His medication.
(d) His paperwork.
5. How does Chinaski think every older person wants to die?
(a) In his sleep.
(b) By a heart attack.
(c) Due to dementia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman that "Love Poem to a Stripper" is dedicated to?
2. Which poem is considered the strangest in the collection?
3. In "Song," what does Chinaski's friend sing a song about?
4. In "Starting Fast," what does Chinaski ruminate on?
5. In "Drive Through Hell," where does Chinaski see the soul of the world?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)