|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 236-255.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chinaski argues that his friend from "Stride" would feel crestfallen to see what which of the following does to a man?
2. How does Chinaski think every older person wants to die?
(a) Due to dementia.
(c) By a heart attack.
(d) In his sleep.
3. Where does "My Buddy" take place?
(b) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New Orleans.
4. "Love Poem to a Stripper" is dedicated to a woman that Chinaski saw in which year?
5. What happens to all good poetry at the end of "Me and My Buddy"?
(a) It disappears.
(b) It becomes more abundant.
(c) It is lost for a short while.
(d) It does not change.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Non-urgent Poem," a man says that Chinaski has lost which of the following?
2. In "Darkness," what does Chinaski lament?
3. In "The Shrinking Island," Chinaski's wife tells him not to step on_________.
4. What is Chinaski's justification for indolence and excess?
5. To whom/what does Emily Bukowski tend?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)