|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 236-255.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chinaski's work is most likely a rebuttal to authors like ______________.
(a) Anne Rice.
(b) Stephenie Meyer.
(c) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(d) Mark Twain.
2. Chinaski was told that the odds of a patient surviving a hospital for the poor are ______________.
(a) Two to one.
(b) Fifty to one.
(c) Ten to one.
(d) One hundred to one.
3. Which of the following describes the woman in "The Lady in the Castle"?
(a) She has long hair.
(b) She has big eyes.
(c) She has big feet.
(d) She has a large nose.
4. In "My Friend, The Parking Lot Attendant," where does the attendant work?
(a) A fancy restaurant.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) A dance club.
(d) A race track.
5. Which of the following is the setting for "Red Mercedes" and a frequent setting in Bukowski's work?
(b) Chinaski's father's house.
(d) Race track.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the chemistry teacher who molested Chinaski's friend?
2. Which of the following is most evident in "I Thought the Stuff Tasted Worse than Usual"?
3. In "Education," what does Chinaski remember?
4. Where does "Together" take place?
5. In "Red Mercedes," what does the passenger hand the driver of the car from the glove box?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)