|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 236-255.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the thief in the boarding house tries to rob Chinaski, how does he get back at him?
(a) He kills him.
(b) He hits him with a wine bottle.
(c) He takes his money.
(d) He sleeps with his girlfriend.
2. What is the second thing the man Chinaski tries to help drops?
(a) His hearing aid.
(b) His medication.
(c) His paperwork.
(d) His cane.
3. Whom does Chinaski ogle in "Concrete"?
(a) The man's mother.
(b) The man's daughter.
(c) The man's wife.
(d) The man's sister.
4. In "Education," what does Chinaski remember?
(a) His years in college.
(b) His father.
(c) His childhood.
(d) A family reunion.
5. Whom does Chinaski pity in "Supposedly Famous"?
(a) His cats
(b) His brothers and sisters.
(c) Hs parents.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chinaski's work is most likely a rebuttal to authors like ______________.
2. Which of the following is the setting for "Red Mercedes" and a frequent setting in Bukowski's work?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Chinaski of the present in "Zero"?
4. Who is Emily Bukowski?
5. Chinaski believes the best companion is _____________.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)