|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 236-255.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What boy throws up in "Whorehouse"?
2. Who is Emily Bukowski?
(a) Bukowski's mother.
(b) Bukowski's sister.
(c) Bukowski's wife.
(d) Bukowski's grandmother.
3. Which poem is considered the strangest in the collection?
(c) "Hard Times."
4. According to Chinaski, how long did it take him to become the best drunk in the neighborhood?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Eighteen years.
(d) Fifteen years.
5. Chinaski claims to say nothing to cops and what other type of person?
(a) Cowardly men.
(b) Angry women.
(c) Failed writers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the editor in "The Beautiful Lady Editor" help the poor?
2. In "About the PEN Conference," the author states that a writer without his typewriter is just a _________.
3. "Love Poem to a Stripper" is dedicated to a woman that Chinaski saw in which year?
4. Who is the subject of the poem "Retired"?
5. What is the name of the chemistry teacher who molested Chinaski's friend?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)