|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 236-255.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the chemistry teacher who molested Chinaski's friend?
(a) Mr. Heston.
(b) Mr. Harpin.
(c) Mr. Hunn.
(d) Mr. Harold.
2. In which poem does Bukowski relate his famous origin story?
(a) "My Vanishing Act."
(b) "The Master Plan."
3. Where is Chinaski in "Longshot"?
(b) Dentist office.
(c) Business office.
4. How did Chinaski's friend from "The Stride" die?
(a) In the war.
(b) In a car accident.
(c) In a boating accident.
(d) In a hunting accident.
5. Where does the editor in "The Beautiful Lady Editor" help the poor?
(c) South America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes Chinaski of the present in "Zero"?
2. According to Chinaski, all rage and destructiveness is transformed into which of the following?
3. In which poem does Chinaski struggle with writer's block?
4. In "Hard Times," how many familiar men does Chinaski run into?
5. Chinaski argues that his friend from "Stride" would feel crestfallen to see what which of the following does to a man?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)