|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 236-255.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bukowski seem to defend through his poetry?
(d) Lack of ambition.
2. In which poem does Bukowski relate his famous origin story?
(c) "The Master Plan."
(d) "My Vanishing Act."
3. What is the name of the second girl in "Those Girls We Followed Home"?
4. What happens to Chinaski in "Everybody Talks Too Much"?
(a) He meets a woman at the bar.
(b) He is pulled over by a cop.
(c) He gets into a fight.
(d) He files for divorce.
5. In "My First Affair With That Older Woman," how much older than Chinaski is the woman?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Fifteen years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes Chinaski of the present in "Zero"?
2. What is the name of Chinaski's friend in "The Stride"?
3. In "Supposedly Famous," Chinaski takes stock of __________.
4. To whom/what does Emily Bukowski tend?
5. Which of the following is a theme not reflected by these poems?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)