|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 236-255.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which poem does Bukowski relate his famous origin story?
(a) "My Vanishing Act."
(b) "The Master Plan."
2. In "The Master Plan," where does Chinaski survive a harsh winter?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
3. What is the name of Chinaski's friend in "The Stride"?
4. In "Starting Fast," what does Chinaski ruminate on?
(a) His past.
(b) His age.
(c) His family.
(d) His job.
5. Which of the following is the setting for "Red Mercedes" and a frequent setting in Bukowski's work?
(a) Chinaski's father's house.
(b) Race track.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Helping the Old," where does Chinaski try to assist an old man?
2. In "About the PEN Conference," the author states that a writer without his typewriter is just a _________.
3. Where does Chinaski get out of his car in "Hard Times"?
4. What happens to Chinaski in "Everybody Talks Too Much"?
5. In "A Funny Guy," what is Schopenhauer's profession?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)