|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 236-255.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Chinaski seem to think deserves better than any other man?
(c) His father.
(d) John Fante.
2. In which poem does Bukowski relate his famous origin story?
(b) "The Master Plan."
(c) "My Vanishing Act."
3. According to Chinaski in "Drive Through Hell," the adjective which describes all of humanity is ________.
4. Which of the following describes the woman in "The Lady in the Castle"?
(a) She has big eyes.
(b) She has big feet.
(c) She has a large nose.
(d) She has long hair.
5. In "Darkness," what does Chinaski lament?
(a) The lie of the American dream.
(b) The fulfillment of ambitions.
(c) American education.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Master Plan," where does Chinaski survive a harsh winter?
2. In "The Blade," where does Chinaski work?
3. In "My First Affair With That Older Woman," how much older than Chinaski is the woman?
4. Which of the following is the setting for "Red Mercedes" and a frequent setting in Bukowski's work?
5. In which poem does Bukowski ruminate on his inconsistent fame?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)