|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 236-255.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Seize the Day," what makes the grotesque man popular?
(a) He moved away.
(b) He won the lottery.
(c) He had a child.
(d) He got a job.
2. Chinaski describes the food in Paris as being which of the following?
(b) Over spiced.
(c) Under spiced.
3. What is Chinaski's justification for indolence and excess?
(a) His love life.
(b) His existence.
(c) His privilege.
(d) His childhood.
4. To whom/what does Emily Bukowski tend?
(a) Her husband.
(c) Her grandchildren.
5. Where does the woman in "A Good Time" want to be taken?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York.
(c) Las Vegas.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chinaski, how long did it take him to become the best drunk in the neighborhood?
2. When Chinaski finds out he will have to live alone in "Rift," what does he feel?
3. In "Starting Fast," what does Chinaski ruminate on?
4. What is the name of Chinaski's friend in "The Stride"?
5. Saroyan insists that in order for him to write he needs to ______________.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)