|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 236-255.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chinaski claims that the best one can hope for is which of the following?
(a) A friend.
(b) A pet.
(c) Ten free minutes.
(d) A love life.
2. What is Chinaski's justification for indolence and excess?
(a) His love life.
(b) His childhood.
(c) His existence.
(d) His privilege.
3. Chinaski's work is most likely a rebuttal to authors like ______________.
(a) Stephenie Meyer.
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) Anne Rice.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
4. In "Working It Out," who is Gregory Peck portraying on television?
(a) Mark Twain.
(b) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(c) Charles Dickens.
(d) Edgar Allan Poe.
5. In "Song," what does Chinaski's friend sing a song about?
(a) A girl.
(b) A family.
(c) A pet.
(d) A dead man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which poem is considered the strangest in the collection?
2. Where does the woman in "A Good Time" want to be taken?
3. In "Drive Through Hell," where does Chinaski see the soul of the world?
4. In "The Shrinking Island," what does Chinaski give up on since he is drunk?
5. Where is Chinaski's favorite place in "My Vanishing Act"?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)