|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 236-255.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Chinaski's teacher?
(a) Ms. Samuels.
(b) Ms. Sorento.
(c) Ms. Simms.
(d) Ms. Simpson.
2. Who is the subject of the poem "Retired"?
(a) A homeless man.
(b) Chinaski's brother.
(c) Chinaski's father.
(d) Chinaski's mother.
3. Which of the following is the setting for "Red Mercedes" and a frequent setting in Bukowski's work?
(a) Race track.
(b) Chinaski's father's house.
4. In "Song," what does Chinaski's friend sing a song about?
(a) A girl.
(b) A dead man.
(c) A family.
(d) A pet.
5. In which poem does Bukowski relate his famous origin story?
(b) "The Master Plan."
(d) "My Vanishing Act."
Short Answer Questions
1. Which poem is considered a play on words?
2. What is the name of one of Chinaski's friends in "Practice"?
3. Saroyan insists that in order for him to write he needs to ______________.
4. In "Supposedly Famous," Chinaski takes stock of __________.
5. Which poem is considered the strangest in the collection?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)