|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 236-255.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the woman in "A Good Time" want to be taken?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
(d) Las Vegas.
2. Which of the following describes the woman in "The Lady in the Castle"?
(a) She has long hair.
(b) She has big eyes.
(c) She has a large nose.
(d) She has big feet.
3. Chinaski assures the readers that even though he writes less about drinking and prostitutes, what is still intact?
(a) His anger.
(b) His agony.
(c) His faith.
(d) His depression.
4. Which of the following is the setting for "Red Mercedes" and a frequent setting in Bukowski's work?
(b) Race track.
(c) Chinaski's father's house.
5. According to Chinaski, how long did it take him to become the best drunk in the neighborhood?
(a) Eighteen years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Fifteen years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chinaski's work is most likely a rebuttal to authors like ______________.
2. Where does Chinaski get out of his car in "Hard Times"?
3. When Chinaski finds out he will have to live alone in "Rift," what does he feel?
4. Who has an ironic death in Bukowski's work?
5. Chinaski describes the food in Paris as being which of the following?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)