|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 236-255.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Working It Out," who is Gregory Peck portraying on television?
(a) Edgar Allan Poe.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) Mark Twain.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
2. All the crazy poets Chinaski used to work with now have what kinds of jobs?
(a) Clergy jobs.
(b) Teaching jobs.
(c) Constructon jobs.
(d) No jobs.
3. What animal does Chinaski watch with a friend in "Concrete"?
4. What is one of Chinaski's friends named in "Song"?
5. In "Starting Fast," what does Chinaski ruminate on?
(a) His job.
(b) His family.
(c) His past.
(d) His age.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chinaski, how long did it take him to become the best drunk in the neighborhood?
2. In "Hard Times," how many familiar men does Chinaski run into?
3. With whom does Chinaski seem to feel the strongest kinship?
4. Which of the following is a theme not reflected by these poems?
5. Which poem is considered the strangest in the collection?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)