|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 195-215.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What significant event in history does Chinaski consider in "Sunny Side Down"?
(a) Cold War.
(b) French Revolution.
(c) Industrial Revolution.
(d) World War II.
2. In "Putrefaction," back to which decade does Chinaski think the country is regressing?
3. How much does Chinaski owe to the IRS?
(a) 14,000 dollars.
(b) 3,000 dollars.
(c) 10,000 dollars.
(d) 7,000 dollars.
4. In which of the following poems does Chinaski not focus on the hidden horrors of life?
(a) "The Blade."
(b) "Not Listed."
(c) "The Boil."
(d) "The Lady in the Castle."
5. Saroyan insists that in order for him to write he needs to ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Not Listed," Chinaski runs into an ex-jockey named ___________.
2. Where does "Together" take place?
3. Who is Emily Bukowski?
4. When Chinaski finds out he will have to live alone in "Rift," what does he feel?
5. Chinaski believes that most poets are which of the following?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)