|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 195-215.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Hard Times," how many familiar men does Chinaski run into?
2. Who is the subject of the poem "Retired"?
(a) Chinaski's father.
(b) Chinaski's brother.
(c) A homeless man.
(d) Chinaski's mother.
3. Whom does Chinaski say he loves in "Supposedly Famous"?
(a) His critics.
(b) His parents.
(c) His cats.
(d) His wife.
4. Where does Chinaski live?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
5. During which event does "It's Funny, Isn't It? #1" take place?
(a) A concert.
(b) A school dance.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A birthday party.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Chinaski seem to feel the strongest kinship?
2. Where does the editor in "The Beautiful Lady Editor" help the poor?
3. Whom does Chinaski ogle in "Concrete"?
4. In which poem does Chinaski struggle with writer's block?
5. What is the name of the thief who lives in a boarding house in "Bad Times at the 3rd and Vermont Hotel"?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)