|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 195-215.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the setting for "Red Mercedes" and a frequent setting in Bukowski's work?
(c) Chinaski's father's house.
(d) Race track.
2. Whom does Chinaski ogle in "Concrete"?
(a) The man's daughter.
(b) The man's wife.
(c) The man's sister.
(d) The man's mother.
3. In which poem does Bukowski relate his famous origin story?
(b) "My Vanishing Act."
(c) "The Master Plan."
4. All the crazy poets Chinaski used to work with now have what kinds of jobs?
(a) Constructon jobs.
(b) Teaching jobs.
(c) No jobs.
(d) Clergy jobs.
5. In "Darkness," what does Chinaski lament?
(a) The fulfillment of ambitions.
(c) American education.
(d) The lie of the American dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Saroyan flees from the United States to _________.
2. Where is Chinaski's favorite place in "My Vanishing Act"?
3. Which poem is considered the strangest in the collection?
4. In "The Boil," for whom does Chinaski work?
5. In "Drive Through Hell," where does Chinaski see the soul of the world?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)