|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 195-215.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Chinaski when he took a trip to Tijuana?
2. Which poem is considered the strangest in the collection?
(b) "Hard Times."
3. Saroyan flees from the United States to _________.
4. To whom/what does Emily Bukowski tend?
(a) Her grandchildren.
(c) Her husband.
5. What is the name of Chinaski's friend in "The Chemistry of Things"?
(b) Mary Lou.
(d) Mary Anne.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Helping the Old," where does Chinaski try to assist an old man?
2. According to Chinaski, how long did it take him to become the best drunk in the neighborhood?
3. What is the format of the poems in this collection?
4. What kind of magazines does Chinaski write for in "O Tempora! O Mores!"?
5. Which of the following is the setting for "Red Mercedes" and a frequent setting in Bukowski's work?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)