|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 195-215.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which poem is a short quip in which Bukowski says it is still nice to be Bukowski?
(a) "The Chemistry of Things."
(c) "Well, That's Just the Way It Is."
(d) "The Still Trapeze."
2. Chinaski says that Mexican girls in "Longshot" are often doing which of the following?
(a) Tending to bedding.
(b) Doing paperwork.
(d) Sweeping and mopping.
3. In "A Funny Guy," what is Schopenhauer's profession?
4. Where does the editor in "The Beautiful Lady Editor" help the poor?
(a) South America.
5. In "Hard Times," Chinaski sees the men who ___________.
(a) Raked his leaves.
(b) Ran errands for him.
(c) Painted his house.
(d) Fixed his car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing that the man whom Chinaski tries to help drops?
2. With whom does Chinaski seem to feel the strongest kinship?
3. What is the occupation of the subject in "That's Why Funerals Are So Sad"?
4. How did Chinaski's friend from "The Stride" die?
5. In "About the PEN Conference," the author states that a writer without his typewriter is just a _________.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)