|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 195-215.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In school, Chinaski often had difficulty with ___________.
(a) Physical education.
2. Chinaski likes the editor in one of the poems even though she is which of the following?
3. Which of the following is most evident in "I Thought the Stuff Tasted Worse than Usual"?
(d) Gallows humor.
4. Chinaski assures the readers that even though he writes less about drinking and prostitutes, what is still intact?
(a) His depression.
(b) His agony.
(c) His anger.
(d) His faith.
5. In "Termites of the Page," whom does Bukowski lambast?
(d) Middle class workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "I Thought the Stuff Tasted Worse than Usual," Chinaski smells like ____________.
2. When Chinaski finds out he will have to live alone in "Rift," what does he feel?
3. Which poem is a short quip in which Bukowski says it is still nice to be Bukowski?
4. Chinaski believes the best companion is _____________.
5. In which poem does Bukowski relate his famous origin story?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)