|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 195-215.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Boil," for whom does Chinaski work?
(a) Proctor & Gamble.
(c) Random House.
2. Who is most fond of motivational cliches?
(a) Chinaski's mentor.
(b) Chinaski's father.
(c) Chinaski's mother.
3. Where does Chinaski live?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
4. In "Working It Out," who is Gregory Peck portraying on television?
(a) Mark Twain.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(d) Edgar Allan Poe.
5. When Chinaski writes, who or what accompanies him?
(a) His cats.
(b) His radio.
(c) His dogs.
(d) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the thief in the boarding house tries to rob Chinaski, how does he get back at him?
2. Which of the following is a theme not reflected by these poems?
3. In "Cornered," where does Chinaski often sit?
4. Which of the following describes the woman in "The Lady in the Castle"?
5. In "A Non-urgent Poem," a man says that Chinaski has lost which of the following?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)