|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 195-215.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What boy throws up in "Whorehouse"?
2. When Chinaski writes, who or what accompanies him?
(a) His radio.
(b) His brother.
(c) His cats.
(d) His dogs.
3. In which of the following poems does Chinaski not focus on the hidden horrors of life?
(a) "Not Listed."
(b) "The Lady in the Castle."
(c) "The Blade."
(d) "The Boil."
4. With whom does Chinaski seem to feel the strongest kinship?
(a) An actor.
(b) A German composer.
(c) An English poet.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
5. In "Invasion," what kind of animal does Chinaski see in his doorway?
(a) A lion.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A turtle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Chinaski's teacher?
2. Which of the following is a theme not reflected by these poems?
3. Who is Emily Bukowski?
4. Chinaski claims that the best one can hope for is which of the following?
5. Whom does Chinaski ogle in "Concrete"?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)