|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 195-215.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Glenn Miller," Chinaski recalls what kind of shop?
(a) Bicycle shop.
(b) Book shop.
(c) Soda shop.
(d) Sports shop.
2. Where is the man located in "The Man in the Brown Suit"?
(a) A diner.
(b) A bank.
(c) An office.
(d) A grocery store.
3. Where is Chinaski's favorite place in "My Vanishing Act"?
(a) A meadow.
(b) A baseball field.
(c) A football field.
(d) A graveyard.
4. What is the name of the thief who lives in a boarding house in "Bad Times at the 3rd and Vermont Hotel"?
5. Which of the following is the setting for "Red Mercedes" and a frequent setting in Bukowski's work?
(a) Race track.
(c) Chinaski's father's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Chinaski seem to think deserves better than any other man?
2. How much does Chinaski owe to the IRS?
3. Where does the editor in "The Beautiful Lady Editor" help the poor?
4. Chinaski concludes that he owes his life to whom?
5. Chinaski claims to say nothing to cops and what other type of person?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)