|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 133-154.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Chinaski writes, who or what accompanies him?
(a) His cats.
(b) His brother.
(c) His radio.
(d) His dogs.
2. Which poem is a short quip in which Bukowski says it is still nice to be Bukowski?
(a) "The Chemistry of Things."
(b) "The Still Trapeze."
(c) "Well, That's Just the Way It Is."
3. In which poem does Chinaski struggle with writer's block?
(c) "I'll Take It."
(d) "Supposedly Famous."
4. What does Bukowski seem to defend through his poetry?
(a) Lack of ambition.
5. What is the name of Chinaski's friend in "The Chemistry of Things"?
(b) Mary Lou.
(d) Mary Anne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chinaski believes the best companion is _____________.
2. Whom does Chinaski say he loves in "Supposedly Famous"?
3. To whom/what does Emily Bukowski tend?
4. In which poem does Bukowski relate his famous origin story?
5. In "My First Affair With That Older Woman," how much older than Chinaski is the woman?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)