|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 133-154.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the subject of the poem "Retired"?
(a) Chinaski's father.
(b) Chinaski's brother.
(c) A homeless man.
(d) Chinaski's mother.
2. According to Chinaski in "Drive Through Hell," the adjective which describes all of humanity is ________.
3. In "Red Mercedes," what does the passenger hand the driver of the car from the glove box?
(a) A knife.
(b) A phone.
(c) A gun.
(d) A folder of documents.
4. What is the second thing the man Chinaski tries to help drops?
(a) His medication.
(b) His cane.
(c) His hearing aid.
(d) His paperwork.
5. In "Friends within the Darkness," Chinaski listens to __________.
(a) Rap music.
(b) Country music.
(c) Classical music.
(d) Rock music.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "My First Affair With That Older Woman," how much older than Chinaski is the woman?
2. Where is the man located in "The Man in the Brown Suit"?
3. According to Chinaski, where are all of his defenders?
4. Which poem is a short quip in which Bukowski says it is still nice to be Bukowski?
5. What is the name of Chinaski's friend in "The Stride"?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)