|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 133-154.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Termites of the Page," whom does Bukowski lambast?
(d) Middle class workers.
2. According to Chinaski, how long did it take him to become the best drunk in the neighborhood?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Eighteen years.
(d) Fifteen years.
3. What is the format of the poems in this collection?
(b) Free verse.
4. In "Starting Fast," where does Chinaski sleep?
(a) A hostel.
(b) A park bench.
(c) A stranger's home.
(d) A flower bed.
5. In "My Friend, The Parking Lot Attendant," where does the attendant work?
(a) A dance club.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) A fancy restaurant.
(d) A race track.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Stride," how old does Chinaski recall being?
2. What was the name of Chinaski's teacher?
3. What does Bukowski seem to defend through his poetry?
4. According to Chinaski in "Drive Through Hell," the adjective which describes all of humanity is ________.
5. What is the second thing the man Chinaski tries to help drops?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)