|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 133-154.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the man located in "The Man in the Brown Suit"?
(a) An office.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) A diner.
(d) A bank.
2. Who is the subject of the poem "Retired"?
(a) A homeless man.
(b) Chinaski's brother.
(c) Chinaski's father.
(d) Chinaski's mother.
3. Where does the woman in "A Good Time" want to be taken?
(a) Las Vegas.
(c) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
4. What is the occupation of the subject in "That's Why Funerals Are So Sad"?
(a) A writer.
(b) An actor.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A boxer.
5. Chinaski's work is most likely a rebuttal to authors like ______________.
(a) Mark Twain.
(b) Stephenie Meyer.
(c) Anne Rice.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chinaski believes that most poets are which of the following?
2. Chinaski assures the readers that even though he writes less about drinking and prostitutes, what is still intact?
3. In "Glenn Miller," Chinaski recalls what kind of shop?
4. What is the name of Chinaski's friend in "The Stride"?
5. With whom does Chinaski seem to feel the strongest kinship?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)