|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 133-154.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chinaski assures the readers that even though he writes less about drinking and prostitutes, what is still intact?
(a) His agony.
(b) His faith.
(c) His anger.
(d) His depression.
2. In "A Funny Guy," what is Schopenhauer's profession?
3. In which poem does Bukowski relate his famous origin story?
(c) "The Master Plan."
(d) "My Vanishing Act."
4. When the thief in the boarding house tries to rob Chinaski, how does he get back at him?
(a) He hits him with a wine bottle.
(b) He sleeps with his girlfriend.
(c) He takes his money.
(d) He kills him.
5. In "Drive Through Hell," where does Chinaski see the soul of the world?
(a) At a school.
(b) On the freeway.
(c) Near a park.
(d) In a diner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the man located in "The Man in the Brown Suit"?
2. Chinaski believes that most poets are which of the following?
3. In "Starting Fast," where does Chinaski sleep?
4. In "Termites of the Page," whom does Bukowski lambast?
5. In "My First Affair With That Older Woman," how much older than Chinaski is the woman?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)