|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 133-154.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Friends within the Darkness," Chinaski listens to __________.
(a) Rap music.
(b) Country music.
(c) Classical music.
(d) Rock music.
2. What was Fante's occupation?
3. In "My First Affair With That Older Woman," how much older than Chinaski is the woman?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Five years.
4. What is the name of Chinaski's friend in "The Chemistry of Things"?
(a) Mary Anne.
(b) Mary Lou.
5. In "The Crazy Truth," Chinaski recalled seeing a pedestrian verbally abuse a man in what color car?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which poem does Chinaski struggle with writer's block?
2. According to Chinaski, where are all of his defenders?
3. In "A Funny Guy," what is Schopenhauer's profession?
4. When the thief in the boarding house tries to rob Chinaski, how does he get back at him?
5. What is Chinaski's justification for indolence and excess?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)