|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 133-154.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has an ironic death in Bukowski's work?
(a) The man in the red Mercedes.
(c) Chinaski's father.
(d) Chinaski's uncle.
2. What is the name of the thief who lives in a boarding house in "Bad Times at the 3rd and Vermont Hotel"?
3. Chinaski argues that his friend from "Stride" would feel crestfallen to see what which of the following does to a man?
4. With whom does Chinaski seem to feel the strongest kinship?
(a) An actor.
(b) An English poet.
(c) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(d) A German composer.
5. Chinaski believes that most poets are which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is most fond of motivational cliches?
2. In "Drive Through Hell," where does Chinaski see the soul of the world?
3. Saroyan flees from the United States to _________.
4. In "A Funny Guy," what is Schopenhauer's profession?
5. When Chinaski writes, who or what accompanies him?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)