|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 133-154.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing that the man whom Chinaski tries to help drops?
(a) His hat.
(b) His gloves.
(c) His glasses.
(d) His wallet.
2. According to Chinaski, how long did it take him to become the best drunk in the neighborhood?
(a) Eighteen years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Two years.
3. In "Working It Out," who is Gregory Peck portraying on television?
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) Edgar Allan Poe.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
4. What is the second thing the man Chinaski tries to help drops?
(a) His paperwork.
(b) His medication.
(c) His cane.
(d) His hearing aid.
5. Chinaski assures the readers that even though he writes less about drinking and prostitutes, what is still intact?
(a) His depression.
(b) His faith.
(c) His anger.
(d) His agony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Chinaski's friend in "The Stride"?
2. Who has an ironic death in Bukowski's work?
3. Where is the man located in "The Man in the Brown Suit"?
4. How old was Chinaski when he took a trip to Tijuana?
5. When the thief in the boarding house tries to rob Chinaski, how does he get back at him?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)