|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 133-154.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the hotel room in "A Good Time"?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) Las Vegas.
2. How much does Chinaski owe to the IRS?
(a) 10,000 dollars.
(b) 3,000 dollars.
(c) 7,000 dollars.
(d) 14,000 dollars.
3. When Chinaski writes, who or what accompanies him?
(a) His cats.
(b) His brother.
(c) His radio.
(d) His dogs.
4. What is the second thing the man Chinaski tries to help drops?
(a) His hearing aid.
(b) His medication.
(c) His paperwork.
(d) His cane.
5. What is the name of the thief who lives in a boarding house in "Bad Times at the 3rd and Vermont Hotel"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Glenn Miller," Chinaski recalls what kind of shop?
2. What does Bukowski seem to defend through his poetry?
3. Where is the man located in "The Man in the Brown Suit"?
4. Who has an ironic death in Bukowski's work?
5. Chinaski's work is most likely a rebuttal to authors like ______________.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)