|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 133-154.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Cornered," where does Chinaski often sit?
(a) Park benches.
(c) Busy restaurants.
(d) Empty bars.
2. In "A Funny Guy," what is Schopenhauer's profession?
3. Whom does Chinaski seem to think deserves better than any other man?
(a) John Fante.
(b) His father.
4. In which poem does Bukowski relate his famous origin story?
(b) "My Vanishing Act."
(c) "The Master Plan."
5. Which poem is considered a play on words?
(a) "Oh Yes."
(b) "The Passing of a Great One."
(d) "O Tempora! O Mores!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chinaski's emotion in "I'll Take It..."?
2. To whom/what does Emily Bukowski tend?
3. Whom does Chinaski pity in "Supposedly Famous"?
4. What is the format of the poems in this collection?
5. What is the first thing that the man whom Chinaski tries to help drops?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)