|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 133-154.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has an ironic death in Bukowski's work?
(a) The man in the red Mercedes.
(b) Chinaski's uncle.
(d) Chinaski's father.
2. How did Chinaski's friend from "The Stride" die?
(a) In a boating accident.
(b) In a hunting accident.
(c) In the war.
(d) In a car accident.
3. In "Supposedly Famous," Chinaski takes stock of __________.
(a) His life.
(b) His wife's life.
(c) His knowledge.
(d) His family.
4. To whom/what does Emily Bukowski tend?
(b) Her grandchildren.
(d) Her husband.
5. Where does "Together" take place?
(a) A park.
(b) A hostel.
(c) A diner.
(d) A rented room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chinaski's work is most likely a rebuttal to authors like ______________.
2. What was Fante's occupation?
3. In "Rift," who gets mad at Chinaski?
4. What is Chinaski's justification for indolence and excess?
5. In "The Master Plan," where does Chinaski survive a harsh winter?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)