|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 133-154.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Chinaski give another driver a rude gesture?
(a) Busy intersection.
(b) Library parking lot.
(c) School parking lot.
(d) Supermarket parking lot.
2. Which poem is a short quip in which Bukowski says it is still nice to be Bukowski?
(a) "Well, That's Just the Way It Is."
(b) "The Still Trapeze."
(c) "The Chemistry of Things."
3. Chinaski believes the best companion is _____________.
(b) His wife.
(c) His ex-girlfriend.
(d) His pets.
4. Who is Emily Bukowski?
(a) Bukowski's wife.
(b) Bukowski's sister.
(c) Bukowski's mother.
(d) Bukowski's grandmother.
5. Where does Chinaski live?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "My Friend, The Parking Lot Attendant," where does the attendant work?
2. In "Putrefaction," back to which decade does Chinaski think the country is regressing?
3. Saroyan insists that in order for him to write he needs to ______________.
4. In which poem does Chinaski struggle with writer's block?
5. According to Chinaski in "Drive Through Hell," the adjective which describes all of humanity is ________.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)