|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 113-132.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chinaski, all rage and destructiveness is transformed into which of the following?
2. Who has an ironic death in Bukowski's work?
(a) Chinaski's father.
(c) The man in the red Mercedes.
(d) Chinaski's uncle.
3. According to Chinaski, where are all of his defenders?
(a) North America.
(b) South America.
4. When Chinaski writes, who or what accompanies him?
(a) His cats.
(b) His radio.
(c) His dogs.
(d) His brother.
5. With whom does Chinaski seem to feel the strongest kinship?
(a) An actor.
(b) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(c) An English poet.
(d) A German composer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What boy throws up in "Whorehouse"?
2. How much does Chinaski owe to the IRS?
3. All the crazy poets Chinaski used to work with now have what kinds of jobs?
4. Which of the following is the setting for "Red Mercedes" and a frequent setting in Bukowski's work?
5. What kind of women does "Poor Al" date?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)