|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 113-132.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chinaski believes that most poets are which of the following?
2. Who is most fond of motivational cliches?
(b) Chinaski's father.
(c) Chinaski's mentor.
(d) Chinaski's mother.
3. Saroyan insists that in order for him to write he needs to ______________.
4. Chinaski assures the readers that even though he writes less about drinking and prostitutes, what is still intact?
(a) His faith.
(b) His anger.
(c) His depression.
(d) His agony.
5. Which of the following is a theme not reflected by these poems?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Funny Guy," what is Schopenhauer's profession?
2. What is the second thing the man Chinaski tries to help drops?
3. In "Helping the Old," where does Chinaski try to assist an old man?
4. All the crazy poets Chinaski used to work with now have what kinds of jobs?
5. What does Bukowski seem to defend through his poetry?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)