|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 113-132.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bukowski seem to defend through his poetry?
(d) Lack of ambition.
2. What is Chinaski's justification for indolence and excess?
(a) His childhood.
(b) His privilege.
(c) His existence.
(d) His love life.
3. Chinaski's work is most likely a rebuttal to authors like ______________.
(a) Stephenie Meyer.
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) Anne Rice.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
4. Saroyan insists that in order for him to write he needs to ______________.
5. Saroyan flees from the United States to _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the chemistry teacher who molested Chinaski's friend?
2. In "A Funny Guy," what is Schopenhauer's profession?
3. In "My First Affair With That Older Woman," how much older than Chinaski is the woman?
4. In "Putrefaction," back to which decade does Chinaski think the country is regressing?
5. What is the name of Chinaski's lover with whom he lived with on next to nothing?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)