|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 113-132.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the format of the poems in this collection?
(d) Free verse.
2. Who has an ironic death in Bukowski's work?
(b) Chinaski's father.
(c) The man in the red Mercedes.
(d) Chinaski's uncle.
3. When Chinaski finds out he will have to live alone in "Rift," what does he feel?
(a) He feels very alone.
(b) He feels angry.
(c) He feels that he can easily find somebody else.
(d) He does not feel at all alone.
4. When Chinaski writes, who or what accompanies him?
(a) His cats.
(b) His brother.
(c) His dogs.
(d) His radio.
5. According to Chinaski, how long did it take him to become the best drunk in the neighborhood?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Eighteen years.
(d) Two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chinaski's emotion in "I'll Take It..."?
2. Chinaski believes that most poets are which of the following?
3. Chinaski assures the readers that even though he writes less about drinking and prostitutes, what is still intact?
4. What significant event in history does Chinaski consider in "Sunny Side Down"?
5. Saroyan insists that in order for him to write he needs to ______________.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)