|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 113-132.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the subject of the poem "Retired"?
(a) A homeless man.
(b) Chinaski's father.
(c) Chinaski's brother.
(d) Chinaski's mother.
2. According to Chinaski, all rage and destructiveness is transformed into which of the following?
3. Where is the hotel room in "A Good Time"?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
(d) Las Vegas.
4. Chinaski believes the best companion is _____________.
(a) His pets.
(b) His wife.
(d) His ex-girlfriend.
5. In "Shoes," what does the young man think of the shoes?
(a) He thinks they are sexy.
(b) He thinks they are ridiculous.
(c) He thinks they would look good on him.
(d) He has no feelings about them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which poem is a short quip in which Bukowski says it is still nice to be Bukowski?
2. All the crazy poets Chinaski used to work with now have what kinds of jobs?
3. In which poem does Bukowski relate his famous origin story?
4. What is the name of Chinaski's lover with whom he lived with on next to nothing?
5. When Chinaski writes, who or what accompanies him?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)