|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 113-132.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the thief in the boarding house tries to rob Chinaski, how does he get back at him?
(a) He takes his money.
(b) He hits him with a wine bottle.
(c) He sleeps with his girlfriend.
(d) He kills him.
2. Chinaski believes that most poets are which of the following?
3. Where is the hotel room in "A Good Time"?
(a) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) Las Vegas.
4. In "A Non-urgent Poem," a man says that Chinaski has lost which of the following?
5. In "Red Mercedes," what does the passenger hand the driver of the car from the glove box?
(a) A phone.
(b) A gun.
(c) A folder of documents.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes Chinaski of the present in "Zero"?
2. Which of the following is the setting for "Red Mercedes" and a frequent setting in Bukowski's work?
3. What does Bukowski seem to defend through his poetry?
4. In "Putrefaction," back to which decade does Chinaski think the country is regressing?
5. In "Rift," who gets mad at Chinaski?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)