|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 113-132.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Master Plan," where does Chinaski survive a harsh winter?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
2. What is the name of Chinaski's lover with whom he lived with on next to nothing?
3. In "Drive Through Hell," where does Chinaski see the soul of the world?
(a) Near a park.
(b) At a school.
(c) On the freeway.
(d) In a diner.
4. What is the format of the poems in this collection?
(b) Free verse.
5. In "Darkness," what does Chinaski lament?
(a) The fulfillment of ambitions.
(c) American education.
(d) The lie of the American dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What significant event in history does Chinaski consider in "Sunny Side Down"?
2. In "Starting Fast," where does Chinaski sleep?
3. Chinaski assures the readers that even though he writes less about drinking and prostitutes, what is still intact?
4. What is the name of Chinaski's friend in "The Chemistry of Things"?
5. In "Cornered," where does Chinaski often sit?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)