|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 113-132.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which poem does Chinaski struggle with writer's block?
(a) "I'll Take It."
(b) "Supposedly Famous."
2. Saroyan insists that in order for him to write he needs to ______________.
3. In "My First Affair With That Older Woman," how much older than Chinaski is the woman?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Fifteen years.
4. In "Education," what does Chinaski remember?
(a) His years in college.
(b) His father.
(c) His childhood.
(d) A family reunion.
5. How much does Chinaski owe to the IRS?
(a) 14,000 dollars.
(b) 7,000 dollars.
(c) 10,000 dollars.
(d) 3,000 dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chinaski, how long did it take him to become the best drunk in the neighborhood?
2. What is the name of Chinaski's friend in "The Chemistry of Things"?
3. According to Chinaski, all rage and destructiveness is transformed into which of the following?
4. Chinaski believes the best companion is _____________.
5. Where is the man located in "The Man in the Brown Suit"?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)