|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 113-132.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has an ironic death in Bukowski's work?
(a) The man in the red Mercedes.
(b) Chinaski's father.
(d) Chinaski's uncle.
2. In school, Chinaski often had difficulty with ___________.
(c) Physical education.
3. In "The Crazy Truth," Chinaski recalled seeing a pedestrian verbally abuse a man in what color car?
4. In "Rift," who gets mad at Chinaski?
(a) His father.
(b) The woman he lives with.
(c) His roommate.
(d) His brother.
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes Chinaski of the present in "Zero"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the format of the poems in this collection?
2. What is the second thing the man Chinaski tries to help drops?
3. Which of the following is a theme not reflected by these poems?
4. What is Chinaski's emotion in "I'll Take It..."?
5. What is the name of Chinaski's friend in "The Chemistry of Things"?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)