|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 113-132.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Drive Through Hell," where does Chinaski see the soul of the world?
(a) On the freeway.
(b) In a diner.
(c) At a school.
(d) Near a park.
2. In "My First Affair With That Older Woman," how much older than Chinaski is the woman?
(a) Five years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Ten years.
3. When the thief in the boarding house tries to rob Chinaski, how does he get back at him?
(a) He hits him with a wine bottle.
(b) He kills him.
(c) He sleeps with his girlfriend.
(d) He takes his money.
4. In "A Funny Guy," what is Schopenhauer's profession?
5. Which poem is a short quip in which Bukowski says it is still nice to be Bukowski?
(b) "Well, That's Just the Way It Is."
(c) "The Still Trapeze."
(d) "The Chemistry of Things."
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chinaski, where are all of his defenders?
2. Saroyan flees from the United States to _________.
3. What is the name of the thief who lives in a boarding house in "Bad Times at the 3rd and Vermont Hotel"?
4. Who is the subject of the poem "Retired"?
5. Where is Chinaski's favorite place in "My Vanishing Act"?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)