|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 113-132.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All the crazy poets Chinaski used to work with now have what kinds of jobs?
(a) No jobs.
(b) Constructon jobs.
(c) Clergy jobs.
(d) Teaching jobs.
2. In "Starting Fast," where does Chinaski sleep?
(a) A stranger's home.
(b) A flower bed.
(c) A park bench.
(d) A hostel.
3. How much does Chinaski owe to the IRS?
(a) 3,000 dollars.
(b) 7,000 dollars.
(c) 10,000 dollars.
(d) 14,000 dollars.
4. In "My Friend, The Parking Lot Attendant," where does the attendant work?
(a) A fancy restaurant.
(b) A race track.
(c) A dance club.
(d) A grocery store.
5. What boy throws up in "Whorehouse"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Chinaski believes the best companion is _____________.
2. Saroyan insists that in order for him to write he needs to ______________.
3. What does Bukowski seem to defend through his poetry?
4. According to Chinaski in "Drive Through Hell," the adjective which describes all of humanity is ________.
5. According to Chinaski, all rage and destructiveness is transformed into which of the following?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)