|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 113-132.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is most fond of motivational cliches?
(a) Chinaski's mentor.
(b) Chinaski's father.
(c) Chinaski's mother.
2. What kind of women does "Poor Al" date?
(a) Sad women.
(b) Crazy women.
(c) Stupid women.
(d) Absent women.
3. What does Bukowski seem to defend through his poetry?
(d) Lack of ambition.
4. What was the name of Chinaski's teacher?
(a) Ms. Simms.
(b) Ms. Samuels.
(c) Ms. Simpson.
(d) Ms. Sorento.
5. How old was Chinaski when he took a trip to Tijuana?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the setting for "Red Mercedes" and a frequent setting in Bukowski's work?
2. When Chinaski writes, who or what accompanies him?
3. What is the occupation of the subject in "That's Why Funerals Are So Sad"?
4. Where does "Together" take place?
5. In which poem does Bukowski relate his famous origin story?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)