|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 73-93.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Working It Out," who is Gregory Peck portraying on television?
(a) Edgar Allan Poe.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) Mark Twain.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
2. What is the occupation of the subject in "That's Why Funerals Are So Sad"?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A writer.
(c) An actor.
(d) A boxer.
3. What kind of women does "Poor Al" date?
(a) Crazy women.
(b) Sad women.
(c) Stupid women.
(d) Absent women.
4. In school, Chinaski often had difficulty with ___________.
(a) Physical education.
5. What is the second thing the man Chinaski tries to help drops?
(a) His paperwork.
(b) His cane.
(c) His hearing aid.
(d) His medication.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Chinaski seem to feel the strongest kinship?
2. Saroyan insists that in order for him to write he needs to ______________.
3. Where does the woman in "A Good Time" want to be taken?
4. Where does Chinaski live?
5. In "Cornered," where does Chinaski often sit?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)