|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 73-93.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Chinaski finds out he will have to live alone in "Rift," what does he feel?
(a) He feels that he can easily find somebody else.
(b) He feels angry.
(c) He feels very alone.
(d) He does not feel at all alone.
2. What kind of women does "Poor Al" date?
(a) Sad women.
(b) Crazy women.
(c) Stupid women.
(d) Absent women.
3. With whom does Chinaski seem to feel the strongest kinship?
(a) A German composer.
(b) An actor.
(c) An English poet.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
4. What was the name of Chinaski's teacher?
(a) Ms. Simms.
(b) Ms. Samuels.
(c) Ms. Simpson.
(d) Ms. Sorento.
5. Saroyan flees from the United States to _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the occupation of the subject in "That's Why Funerals Are So Sad"?
2. In "My Friend, The Parking Lot Attendant," where does the attendant work?
3. Where does Chinaski give another driver a rude gesture?
4. What is the first thing that the man whom Chinaski tries to help drops?
5. Saroyan insists that in order for him to write he needs to ______________.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)