|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 73-93.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Cornered," where does Chinaski often sit?
(a) Busy restaurants.
(c) Empty bars.
(d) Park benches.
2. Who is most fond of motivational cliches?
(b) Chinaski's mother.
(c) Chinaski's father.
(d) Chinaski's mentor.
3. When Chinaski finds out he will have to live alone in "Rift," what does he feel?
(a) He feels very alone.
(b) He feels angry.
(c) He does not feel at all alone.
(d) He feels that he can easily find somebody else.
4. In "Helping the Old," where does Chinaski try to assist an old man?
(a) The bank.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) The theater.
(d) The sidewalk
5. What was the name of Chinaski's teacher?
(a) Ms. Samuels.
(b) Ms. Sorento.
(c) Ms. Simpson.
(d) Ms. Simms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has an ironic death in Bukowski's work?
2. In "Education," what does Chinaski remember?
3. According to Chinaski, where are all of his defenders?
4. What is the name of the thief who lives in a boarding house in "Bad Times at the 3rd and Vermont Hotel"?
5. Where is the man located in "The Man in the Brown Suit"?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)