|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 73-93.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Red Mercedes," what does the passenger hand the driver of the car from the glove box?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) A folder of documents.
(d) A phone.
2. In "Darkness," what does Chinaski lament?
(a) The fulfillment of ambitions.
(c) The lie of the American dream.
(d) American education.
3. Chinaski believes that most poets are which of the following?
4. In "Rift," who gets mad at Chinaski?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) The woman he lives with.
(d) His roommate.
5. Who is the subject of the poem "Retired"?
(a) A homeless man.
(b) Chinaski's mother.
(c) Chinaski's brother.
(d) Chinaski's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Saroyan flees from the United States to _________.
2. What is the second thing the man Chinaski tries to help drops?
3. What does Bukowski seem to defend through his poetry?
4. What is Chinaski's justification for indolence and excess?
5. In "My First Affair With That Older Woman," how much older than Chinaski is the woman?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)