|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 73-93.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In school, Chinaski often had difficulty with ___________.
(a) Physical education.
2. Who is the subject of the poem "Retired"?
(a) Chinaski's father.
(b) Chinaski's brother.
(c) A homeless man.
(d) Chinaski's mother.
3. Which poem is a short quip in which Bukowski says it is still nice to be Bukowski?
(a) "The Chemistry of Things."
(b) "The Still Trapeze."
(d) "Well, That's Just the Way It Is."
4. In "Termites of the Page," whom does Bukowski lambast?
(b) Middle class workers.
5. What kind of women does "Poor Al" date?
(a) Sad women.
(b) Absent women.
(c) Stupid women.
(d) Crazy women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the chemistry teacher who molested Chinaski's friend?
2. Who is most fond of motivational cliches?
3. In "Working It Out," who is Gregory Peck portraying on television?
4. What significant event in history does Chinaski consider in "Sunny Side Down"?
5. Saroyan insists that in order for him to write he needs to ______________.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)