|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 73-93.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Chinaski seem to feel the strongest kinship?
(a) A German composer.
(b) An actor.
(c) An English poet.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
2. Where is the hotel room in "A Good Time"?
(a) Las Vegas.
(c) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
3. Saroyan flees from the United States to _________.
4. In "A Non-urgent Poem," a man says that Chinaski has lost which of the following?
5. What is the name of the thief who lives in a boarding house in "Bad Times at the 3rd and Vermont Hotel"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bukowski seem to defend through his poetry?
2. What is the second thing the man Chinaski tries to help drops?
3. Which of the following is a theme not reflected by these poems?
4. Which of the following is the setting for "Red Mercedes" and a frequent setting in Bukowski's work?
5. Which poem is a short quip in which Bukowski says it is still nice to be Bukowski?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)