|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 73-93.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Non-urgent Poem," a man says that Chinaski has lost which of the following?
2. Who has an ironic death in Bukowski's work?
(b) The man in the red Mercedes.
(c) Chinaski's father.
(d) Chinaski's uncle.
3. What is the format of the poems in this collection?
(a) Free verse.
4. Where is Chinaski in "Sunny Side Down"?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) A park.
(c) A movie theater.
(d) A diner.
5. What does Bukowski seem to defend through his poetry?
(d) Lack of ambition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is most fond of motivational cliches?
2. What is Chinaski's justification for indolence and excess?
3. In "My First Affair With That Older Woman," how much older than Chinaski is the woman?
4. In "Darkness," what does Chinaski lament?
5. What was the name of Chinaski's teacher?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)