|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 73-93.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Chinaski seem to feel the strongest kinship?
(a) An English poet.
(b) A German composer.
(c) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(d) An actor.
2. In "Termites of the Page," whom does Bukowski lambast?
(d) Middle class workers.
3. Who is most fond of motivational cliches?
(a) Chinaski's mentor.
(b) Chinaski's father.
(c) Chinaski's mother.
4. In "Cornered," where does Chinaski often sit?
(b) Park benches.
(c) Empty bars.
(d) Busy restaurants.
5. In "My First Affair With That Older Woman," how much older than Chinaski is the woman?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Twenty years.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Red Mercedes," what does the passenger hand the driver of the car from the glove box?
2. What is the occupation of the subject in "That's Why Funerals Are So Sad"?
3. In "Darkness," what does Chinaski lament?
4. In "Rift," who gets mad at Chinaski?
5. Saroyan flees from the United States to _________.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)