|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 73-93.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the man located in "The Man in the Brown Suit"?
(a) A bank.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) A diner.
(d) An office.
2. Where does Chinaski give another driver a rude gesture?
(a) School parking lot.
(b) Library parking lot.
(c) Busy intersection.
(d) Supermarket parking lot.
3. What kind of women does "Poor Al" date?
(a) Stupid women.
(b) Crazy women.
(c) Absent women.
(d) Sad women.
4. In school, Chinaski often had difficulty with ___________.
(b) Physical education.
5. Who is the subject of the poem "Retired"?
(a) Chinaski's father.
(b) Chinaski's brother.
(c) A homeless man.
(d) Chinaski's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a theme not reflected by these poems?
2. In "Rift," who gets mad at Chinaski?
3. Chinaski believes that most poets are which of the following?
4. In "Darkness," what does Chinaski lament?
5. Saroyan insists that in order for him to write he needs to ______________.
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)