|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 73-93.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the man located in "The Man in the Brown Suit"?
(a) A bank.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) A diner.
(d) An office.
2. In "Working It Out," who is Gregory Peck portraying on television?
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) Edgar Allan Poe.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
3. In "Termites of the Page," whom does Bukowski lambast?
(d) Middle class workers.
4. Saroyan insists that in order for him to write he needs to ______________.
5. What does Bukowski seem to defend through his poetry?
(b) Lack of ambition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the thief who lives in a boarding house in "Bad Times at the 3rd and Vermont Hotel"?
2. When the thief in the boarding house tries to rob Chinaski, how does he get back at him?
3. Chinaski's work is most likely a rebuttal to authors like ______________.
4. What is the format of the poems in this collection?
5. According to Chinaski, where are all of his defenders?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)