|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 73-93.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of the subject in "That's Why Funerals Are So Sad"?
(a) A writer.
(b) An actor.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A boxer.
2. Which of the following is a theme not reflected by these poems?
3. What is the name of Chinaski's lover with whom he lived with on next to nothing?
4. What was the name of Chinaski's teacher?
(a) Ms. Simms.
(b) Ms. Sorento.
(c) Ms. Samuels.
(d) Ms. Simpson.
5. What is the name of the thief who lives in a boarding house in "Bad Times at the 3rd and Vermont Hotel"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second thing the man Chinaski tries to help drops?
2. What does Bukowski seem to defend through his poetry?
3. Chinaski's work is most likely a rebuttal to authors like ______________.
4. In "Working It Out," who is Gregory Peck portraying on television?
5. In "A Non-urgent Poem," a man says that Chinaski has lost which of the following?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)