|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 73-93.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the man located in "The Man in the Brown Suit"?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) A diner.
(c) An office.
(d) A bank.
2. Saroyan insists that in order for him to write he needs to ______________.
3. Who has an ironic death in Bukowski's work?
(a) The man in the red Mercedes.
(b) Chinaski's uncle.
(d) Chinaski's father.
4. In "Helping the Old," where does Chinaski try to assist an old man?
(a) The sidewalk
(b) The theater.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) The bank.
5. What is the occupation of the subject in "That's Why Funerals Are So Sad"?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A writer.
(c) An actor.
(d) A boxer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In school, Chinaski often had difficulty with ___________.
2. With whom does Chinaski seem to feel the strongest kinship?
3. When Chinaski finds out he will have to live alone in "Rift," what does he feel?
4. What is the first thing that the man whom Chinaski tries to help drops?
5. Chinaski's work is most likely a rebuttal to authors like ______________.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)