|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 73-93.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is most fond of motivational cliches?
(a) Chinaski's father.
(c) Chinaski's mentor.
(d) Chinaski's mother.
2. What is the name of Chinaski's lover with whom he lived with on next to nothing?
3. What is the name of the thief who lives in a boarding house in "Bad Times at the 3rd and Vermont Hotel"?
4. According to Chinaski, where are all of his defenders?
(b) North America.
(c) South America.
5. Where does Chinaski give another driver a rude gesture?
(a) Library parking lot.
(b) School parking lot.
(c) Supermarket parking lot.
(d) Busy intersection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of women does "Poor Al" date?
2. With whom does Chinaski seem to feel the strongest kinship?
3. What is the occupation of the subject in "That's Why Funerals Are So Sad"?
4. What does Bukowski seem to defend through his poetry?
5. In "Rift," who gets mad at Chinaski?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)