|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 73-93.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing that the man whom Chinaski tries to help drops?
(a) His gloves.
(b) His glasses.
(c) His wallet.
(d) His hat.
2. What kind of women does "Poor Al" date?
(a) Stupid women.
(b) Crazy women.
(c) Sad women.
(d) Absent women.
3. What significant event in history does Chinaski consider in "Sunny Side Down"?
(a) French Revolution.
(b) Industrial Revolution.
(c) Cold War.
(d) World War II.
4. What is the name of Chinaski's friend in "The Chemistry of Things"?
(c) Mary Anne.
(d) Mary Lou.
5. What is the name of the thief who lives in a boarding house in "Bad Times at the 3rd and Vermont Hotel"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Saroyan insists that in order for him to write he needs to ______________.
2. When the thief in the boarding house tries to rob Chinaski, how does he get back at him?
3. In "A Non-urgent Poem," a man says that Chinaski has lost which of the following?
4. All the crazy poets Chinaski used to work with now have what kinds of jobs?
5. Chinaski believes that most poets are which of the following?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)