|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 73-93.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of women does "Poor Al" date?
(a) Crazy women.
(b) Absent women.
(c) Stupid women.
(d) Sad women.
2. Who is most fond of motivational cliches?
(a) Chinaski's mentor.
(b) Chinaski's father.
(d) Chinaski's mother.
3. Which of the following is a theme not reflected by these poems?
4. Where is Chinaski in "Sunny Side Down"?
(a) A diner.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) A park.
(d) A movie theater.
5. What is the name of Chinaski's friend in "The Chemistry of Things"?
(b) Mary Lou.
(d) Mary Anne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the setting for "Red Mercedes" and a frequent setting in Bukowski's work?
2. Where does the woman in "A Good Time" want to be taken?
3. Where is the hotel room in "A Good Time"?
4. Where does Chinaski give another driver a rude gesture?
5. Which poem is a short quip in which Bukowski says it is still nice to be Bukowski?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)