|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 73-93.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Chinaski's friend in "The Chemistry of Things"?
(b) Mary Lou.
(d) Mary Anne.
2. Saroyan insists that in order for him to write he needs to ______________.
3. What is the name of the thief who lives in a boarding house in "Bad Times at the 3rd and Vermont Hotel"?
4. In school, Chinaski often had difficulty with ___________.
(c) Physical education.
5. In "Working It Out," who is Gregory Peck portraying on television?
(a) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(b) Edgar Allan Poe.
(c) Charles Dickens.
(d) Mark Twain.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Education," what does Chinaski remember?
2. In "Red Mercedes," what does the passenger hand the driver of the car from the glove box?
3. In "A Non-urgent Poem," a man says that Chinaski has lost which of the following?
4. When the thief in the boarding house tries to rob Chinaski, how does he get back at him?
5. According to Chinaski, where are all of his defenders?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)