|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 73-93.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Helping the Old," where does Chinaski try to assist an old man?
(a) The bank.
(b) The sidewalk
(c) The theater.
(d) The grocery store.
2. What significant event in history does Chinaski consider in "Sunny Side Down"?
(a) Cold War.
(b) World War II.
(c) Industrial Revolution.
(d) French Revolution.
3. In "My Friend, The Parking Lot Attendant," where does the attendant work?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) A dance club.
(c) A fancy restaurant.
(d) A race track.
4. Chinaski believes that most poets are which of the following?
5. In "Darkness," what does Chinaski lament?
(a) American education.
(b) The fulfillment of ambitions.
(c) The lie of the American dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Saroyan flees from the United States to _________.
2. According to Chinaski, where are all of his defenders?
3. What is the first thing that the man whom Chinaski tries to help drops?
4. Who is most fond of motivational cliches?
5. In "Working It Out," who is Gregory Peck portraying on television?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)