|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 51-72.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Saroyan insists that in order for him to write he needs to ______________.
2. In "Rift," who gets mad at Chinaski?
(a) His father.
(b) His roommate.
(c) His brother.
(d) The woman he lives with.
3. Which poem is a short quip in which Bukowski says it is still nice to be Bukowski?
(b) "The Still Trapeze."
(c) "Well, That's Just the Way It Is."
(d) "The Chemistry of Things."
4. Where does Chinaski give another driver a rude gesture?
(a) Busy intersection.
(b) School parking lot.
(c) Library parking lot.
(d) Supermarket parking lot.
5. In "Red Mercedes," what does the passenger hand the driver of the car from the glove box?
(a) A phone.
(b) A folder of documents.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Chinaski in "Sunny Side Down"?
2. What was the name of Chinaski's teacher?
3. In "Cornered," where does Chinaski often sit?
4. What is the name of Chinaski's lover with whom he lived with on next to nothing?
5. What is the name of the chemistry teacher who molested Chinaski's friend?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)