|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 51-72.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Cornered," where does Chinaski often sit?
(a) Busy restaurants.
(b) Park benches.
(d) Empty bars.
2. In "Termites of the Page," whom does Bukowski lambast?
(c) Middle class workers.
3. What is the name of Chinaski's lover with whom he lived with on next to nothing?
4. Who is the subject of the poem "Retired"?
(a) Chinaski's father.
(b) Chinaski's brother.
(c) A homeless man.
(d) Chinaski's mother.
5. Which of the following is the setting for "Red Mercedes" and a frequent setting in Bukowski's work?
(c) Race track.
(d) Chinaski's father's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Chinaski finds out he will have to live alone in "Rift," what does he feel?
2. Where does Chinaski give another driver a rude gesture?
3. What does Bukowski seem to defend through his poetry?
4. With whom does Chinaski seem to feel the strongest kinship?
5. Where is the man located in "The Man in the Brown Suit"?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)