|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 51-72.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the format of the poems in this collection?
(d) Free verse.
2. What is the name of Chinaski's friend in "The Chemistry of Things"?
(b) Mary Lou.
(c) Mary Anne.
3. In school, Chinaski often had difficulty with ___________.
(c) Physical education.
4. Saroyan flees from the United States to _________.
5. With whom does Chinaski seem to feel the strongest kinship?
(a) An English poet.
(b) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(c) An actor.
(d) A German composer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has an ironic death in Bukowski's work?
2. What is the occupation of the subject in "That's Why Funerals Are So Sad"?
3. Who is the subject of the poem "Retired"?
4. What does Bukowski seem to defend through his poetry?
5. In "Red Mercedes," what does the passenger hand the driver of the car from the glove box?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)