|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 51-72.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which poem is a short quip in which Bukowski says it is still nice to be Bukowski?
(a) "The Chemistry of Things."
(b) "The Still Trapeze."
(c) "Well, That's Just the Way It Is."
2. What was the name of Chinaski's teacher?
(a) Ms. Sorento.
(b) Ms. Simms.
(c) Ms. Samuels.
(d) Ms. Simpson.
3. In school, Chinaski often had difficulty with ___________.
(c) Physical education.
4. When Chinaski finds out he will have to live alone in "Rift," what does he feel?
(a) He feels that he can easily find somebody else.
(b) He feels angry.
(c) He feels very alone.
(d) He does not feel at all alone.
5. What is the format of the poems in this collection?
(c) Free verse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Saroyan flees from the United States to _________.
2. What is the occupation of the subject in "That's Why Funerals Are So Sad"?
3. What significant event in history does Chinaski consider in "Sunny Side Down"?
4. Which of the following is a theme not reflected by these poems?
5. What is Chinaski's justification for indolence and excess?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)