|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 51-72.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of the subject in "That's Why Funerals Are So Sad"?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A writer.
(c) An actor.
(d) A boxer.
2. Who is most fond of motivational cliches?
(a) Chinaski's mentor.
(c) Chinaski's father.
(d) Chinaski's mother.
3. With whom does Chinaski seem to feel the strongest kinship?
(a) An actor.
(b) A German composer.
(c) An English poet.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
4. What does Bukowski seem to defend through his poetry?
(d) Lack of ambition.
5. In school, Chinaski often had difficulty with ___________.
(b) Physical education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chinaski's justification for indolence and excess?
2. When Chinaski finds out he will have to live alone in "Rift," what does he feel?
3. When Chinaski writes, who or what accompanies him?
4. What is the name of Chinaski's lover with whom he lived with on next to nothing?
5. Saroyan insists that in order for him to write he needs to ______________.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)