|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 51-72.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the hotel room in "A Good Time"?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) Las Vegas.
2. In "Termites of the Page," whom does Bukowski lambast?
(c) Middle class workers.
3. What was the name of Chinaski's teacher?
(a) Ms. Sorento.
(b) Ms. Simms.
(c) Ms. Samuels.
(d) Ms. Simpson.
4. What is the format of the poems in this collection?
(b) Free verse.
5. In "Red Mercedes," what does the passenger hand the driver of the car from the glove box?
(a) A gun.
(b) A folder of documents.
(c) A phone.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the setting for "Red Mercedes" and a frequent setting in Bukowski's work?
2. Which poem is a short quip in which Bukowski says it is still nice to be Bukowski?
3. Saroyan insists that in order for him to write he needs to ______________.
4. Where does the woman in "A Good Time" want to be taken?
5. With whom does Chinaski seem to feel the strongest kinship?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)