|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 51-72.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In school, Chinaski often had difficulty with ___________.
(c) Physical education.
2. What significant event in history does Chinaski consider in "Sunny Side Down"?
(a) French Revolution.
(b) Industrial Revolution.
(c) World War II.
(d) Cold War.
3. In "Termites of the Page," whom does Bukowski lambast?
(c) Middle class workers.
4. Which of the following is the setting for "Red Mercedes" and a frequent setting in Bukowski's work?
(a) Chinaski's father's house.
(d) Race track.
5. Where is the man located in "The Man in the Brown Suit"?
(a) A bank.
(b) An office.
(c) A diner.
(d) A grocery store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chinaski's justification for indolence and excess?
2. Where does Chinaski live?
3. When Chinaski writes, who or what accompanies him?
4. Which of the following is a theme not reflected by these poems?
5. Where is Chinaski in "Sunny Side Down"?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)