|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 51-72.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Chinaski writes, who or what accompanies him?
(a) His radio.
(b) His cats.
(c) His brother.
(d) His dogs.
2. In "Education," what does Chinaski remember?
(a) A family reunion.
(b) His father.
(c) His years in college.
(d) His childhood.
3. Where does Chinaski live?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
4. What is the name of the chemistry teacher who molested Chinaski's friend?
(a) Mr. Hunn.
(b) Mr. Heston.
(c) Mr. Harpin.
(d) Mr. Harold.
5. What does Bukowski seem to defend through his poetry?
(b) Lack of ambition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a theme not reflected by these poems?
2. In "Darkness," what does Chinaski lament?
3. What significant event in history does Chinaski consider in "Sunny Side Down"?
4. With whom does Chinaski seem to feel the strongest kinship?
5. What is Chinaski's justification for indolence and excess?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)