|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 51-72.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the format of the poems in this collection?
(b) Free verse.
2. In "Education," what does Chinaski remember?
(a) A family reunion.
(b) His father.
(c) His childhood.
(d) His years in college.
3. When Chinaski finds out he will have to live alone in "Rift," what does he feel?
(a) He does not feel at all alone.
(b) He feels angry.
(c) He feels that he can easily find somebody else.
(d) He feels very alone.
4. Where is the hotel room in "A Good Time"?
(a) New York.
(b) Las Vegas.
(d) Los Angeles.
5. When Chinaski writes, who or what accompanies him?
(a) His cats.
(b) His brother.
(c) His dogs.
(d) His radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has an ironic death in Bukowski's work?
2. What was the name of Chinaski's teacher?
3. In "Red Mercedes," what does the passenger hand the driver of the car from the glove box?
4. What is the name of Chinaski's lover with whom he lived with on next to nothing?
5. What is the name of the chemistry teacher who molested Chinaski's friend?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)