|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 51-72.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is most fond of motivational cliches?
(a) Chinaski's father.
(b) Chinaski's mother.
(d) Chinaski's mentor.
2. What is the name of Chinaski's friend in "The Chemistry of Things"?
(a) Mary Anne.
(d) Mary Lou.
3. What is the format of the poems in this collection?
(b) Free verse.
4. In "Cornered," where does Chinaski often sit?
(a) Busy restaurants.
(b) Empty bars.
(c) Park benches.
5. Which of the following is the setting for "Red Mercedes" and a frequent setting in Bukowski's work?
(a) Race track.
(c) Chinaski's father's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Red Mercedes," what does the passenger hand the driver of the car from the glove box?
2. Where does Chinaski give another driver a rude gesture?
3. What was the name of Chinaski's teacher?
4. In "Working It Out," who is Gregory Peck portraying on television?
5. In "Termites of the Page," whom does Bukowski lambast?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)