|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 51-72.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Darkness," what does Chinaski lament?
(a) The lie of the American dream.
(b) The fulfillment of ambitions.
(d) American education.
2. When Chinaski finds out he will have to live alone in "Rift," what does he feel?
(a) He feels that he can easily find somebody else.
(b) He feels angry.
(c) He does not feel at all alone.
(d) He feels very alone.
3. In school, Chinaski often had difficulty with ___________.
(c) Physical education.
4. Who has an ironic death in Bukowski's work?
(a) Chinaski's uncle.
(b) Chinaski's father.
(c) The man in the red Mercedes.
5. Saroyan flees from the United States to _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Rift," who gets mad at Chinaski?
2. With whom does Chinaski seem to feel the strongest kinship?
3. Where does Chinaski give another driver a rude gesture?
4. Where does Chinaski live?
5. Where does the woman in "A Good Time" want to be taken?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)