|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 51-72.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has an ironic death in Bukowski's work?
(a) Chinaski's father.
(b) Chinaski's uncle.
(c) The man in the red Mercedes.
2. In "Working It Out," who is Gregory Peck portraying on television?
(a) Edgar Allan Poe.
(b) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(c) Charles Dickens.
(d) Mark Twain.
3. What significant event in history does Chinaski consider in "Sunny Side Down"?
(a) Cold War.
(b) Industrial Revolution.
(c) French Revolution.
(d) World War II.
4. What is the format of the poems in this collection?
(d) Free verse.
5. Where does Chinaski live?
(a) New York.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Red Mercedes," what does the passenger hand the driver of the car from the glove box?
2. In "Education," what does Chinaski remember?
3. In "Cornered," where does Chinaski often sit?
4. What was the name of Chinaski's teacher?
5. In "Rift," who gets mad at Chinaski?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)