|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 51-72.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Saroyan insists that in order for him to write he needs to ______________.
2. Where does Chinaski live?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
3. What is the name of the chemistry teacher who molested Chinaski's friend?
(a) Mr. Harpin.
(b) Mr. Harold.
(c) Mr. Hunn.
(d) Mr. Heston.
4. In "Education," what does Chinaski remember?
(a) His years in college.
(b) His father.
(c) His childhood.
(d) A family reunion.
5. Saroyan flees from the United States to _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Chinaski's teacher?
2. With whom does Chinaski seem to feel the strongest kinship?
3. Which of the following is a theme not reflected by these poems?
4. What significant event in history does Chinaski consider in "Sunny Side Down"?
5. What is the name of Chinaski's friend in "The Chemistry of Things"?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)