|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 51-72.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What significant event in history does Chinaski consider in "Sunny Side Down"?
(a) Cold War.
(b) World War II.
(c) French Revolution.
(d) Industrial Revolution.
2. In "Darkness," what does Chinaski lament?
(a) The lie of the American dream.
(c) American education.
(d) The fulfillment of ambitions.
3. In "Termites of the Page," whom does Bukowski lambast?
(b) Middle class workers.
4. With whom does Chinaski seem to feel the strongest kinship?
(a) An English poet.
(b) An actor.
(c) A German composer.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
5. What is the name of the chemistry teacher who molested Chinaski's friend?
(a) Mr. Hunn.
(b) Mr. Harpin.
(c) Mr. Harold.
(d) Mr. Heston.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Chinaski give another driver a rude gesture?
2. Chinaski's work is most likely a rebuttal to authors like ______________.
3. Which poem is a short quip in which Bukowski says it is still nice to be Bukowski?
4. Which of the following is the setting for "Red Mercedes" and a frequent setting in Bukowski's work?
5. Where does Chinaski live?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)