|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 51-72.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Chinaski give another driver a rude gesture?
(a) Library parking lot.
(b) Supermarket parking lot.
(c) School parking lot.
(d) Busy intersection.
2. What is the name of Chinaski's friend in "The Chemistry of Things"?
(c) Mary Anne.
(d) Mary Lou.
3. Which of the following is the setting for "Red Mercedes" and a frequent setting in Bukowski's work?
(a) Chinaski's father's house.
(d) Race track.
4. What does Bukowski seem to defend through his poetry?
(b) Lack of ambition.
5. In "Red Mercedes," what does the passenger hand the driver of the car from the glove box?
(a) A gun.
(b) A folder of documents.
(c) A knife.
(d) A phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is most fond of motivational cliches?
2. Where does Chinaski live?
3. Which of the following is a theme not reflected by these poems?
4. What is the name of the chemistry teacher who molested Chinaski's friend?
5. Who has an ironic death in Bukowski's work?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)