|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 51-72.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Chinaski finds out he will have to live alone in "Rift," what does he feel?
(a) He feels angry.
(b) He does not feel at all alone.
(c) He feels very alone.
(d) He feels that he can easily find somebody else.
2. Where is Chinaski in "Sunny Side Down"?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) A diner.
(c) A movie theater.
(d) A park.
3. Which poem is a short quip in which Bukowski says it is still nice to be Bukowski?
(a) "Well, That's Just the Way It Is."
(c) "The Still Trapeze."
(d) "The Chemistry of Things."
4. Where does Chinaski give another driver a rude gesture?
(a) School parking lot.
(b) Library parking lot.
(c) Busy intersection.
(d) Supermarket parking lot.
5. In "Cornered," where does Chinaski often sit?
(b) Empty bars.
(c) Park benches.
(d) Busy restaurants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is most fond of motivational cliches?
2. In "Education," what does Chinaski remember?
3. Who is the subject of the poem "Retired"?
4. In school, Chinaski often had difficulty with ___________.
5. Which of the following is a theme not reflected by these poems?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)