|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 51-72.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What significant event in history does Chinaski consider in "Sunny Side Down"?
(a) French Revolution.
(b) World War II.
(c) Industrial Revolution.
(d) Cold War.
2. Chinaski's work is most likely a rebuttal to authors like ______________.
(a) Stephenie Meyer.
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(d) Anne Rice.
3. In "Darkness," what does Chinaski lament?
(a) American education.
(c) The fulfillment of ambitions.
(d) The lie of the American dream.
4. In "Cornered," where does Chinaski often sit?
(a) Park benches.
(b) Busy restaurants.
(d) Empty bars.
5. Which poem is a short quip in which Bukowski says it is still nice to be Bukowski?
(b) "The Still Trapeze."
(c) "Well, That's Just the Way It Is."
(d) "The Chemistry of Things."
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Rift," who gets mad at Chinaski?
2. Saroyan insists that in order for him to write he needs to ______________.
3. When Chinaski writes, who or what accompanies him?
4. In school, Chinaski often had difficulty with ___________.
5. Where does the woman in "A Good Time" want to be taken?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)