|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 51-72.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a theme not reflected by these poems?
2. Where is the hotel room in "A Good Time"?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York.
(c) Las Vegas.
3. In "Red Mercedes," what does the passenger hand the driver of the car from the glove box?
(a) A phone.
(b) A knife.
(c) A folder of documents.
(d) A gun.
4. Who is the subject of the poem "Retired"?
(a) A homeless man.
(b) Chinaski's father.
(c) Chinaski's mother.
(d) Chinaski's brother.
5. What is the name of Chinaski's friend in "The Chemistry of Things"?
(b) Mary Lou.
(d) Mary Anne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the occupation of the subject in "That's Why Funerals Are So Sad"?
2. Which of the following is the setting for "Red Mercedes" and a frequent setting in Bukowski's work?
3. Who is most fond of motivational cliches?
4. Who has an ironic death in Bukowski's work?
5. Where is Chinaski in "Sunny Side Down"?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)