|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 51-72.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Termites of the Page," whom does Bukowski lambast?
(a) Middle class workers.
2. Who is most fond of motivational cliches?
(b) Chinaski's mother.
(c) Chinaski's father.
(d) Chinaski's mentor.
3. What is the occupation of the subject in "That's Why Funerals Are So Sad"?
(a) A writer.
(b) A boxer.
(c) A police officer.
(d) An actor.
4. What is the name of the chemistry teacher who molested Chinaski's friend?
(a) Mr. Hunn.
(b) Mr. Harold.
(c) Mr. Heston.
(d) Mr. Harpin.
5. Who is the subject of the poem "Retired"?
(a) Chinaski's brother.
(b) Chinaski's father.
(c) A homeless man.
(d) Chinaski's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Chinaski seem to feel the strongest kinship?
2. Which poem is a short quip in which Bukowski says it is still nice to be Bukowski?
3. What is the name of Chinaski's lover with whom he lived with on next to nothing?
4. Where is the hotel room in "A Good Time"?
5. Which of the following is a theme not reflected by these poems?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)