|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 51-72.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Chinaski live?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York.
(c) San Francisco.
2. Where is Chinaski in "Sunny Side Down"?
(a) A movie theater.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) A park.
(d) A diner.
3. Which of the following is a theme not reflected by these poems?
4. Which poem is a short quip in which Bukowski says it is still nice to be Bukowski?
(b) "The Chemistry of Things."
(c) "The Still Trapeze."
(d) "Well, That's Just the Way It Is."
5. In "Termites of the Page," whom does Bukowski lambast?
(c) Middle class workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Saroyan insists that in order for him to write he needs to ______________.
2. In "Red Mercedes," what does the passenger hand the driver of the car from the glove box?
3. Chinaski believes that most poets are which of the following?
4. Saroyan flees from the United States to _________.
5. What significant event in history does Chinaski consider in "Sunny Side Down"?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)