|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 51-72.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has an ironic death in Bukowski's work?
(a) The man in the red Mercedes.
(b) Chinaski's father.
(d) Chinaski's uncle.
2. What does Bukowski seem to defend through his poetry?
(a) Lack of ambition.
3. What is the name of Chinaski's friend in "The Chemistry of Things"?
(a) Mary Lou.
(d) Mary Anne.
4. Which of the following is the setting for "Red Mercedes" and a frequent setting in Bukowski's work?
(a) Chinaski's father's house.
(c) Race track.
5. Who is the subject of the poem "Retired"?
(a) Chinaski's mother.
(b) Chinaski's brother.
(c) Chinaski's father.
(d) A homeless man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Saroyan flees from the United States to _________.
2. Where is Chinaski in "Sunny Side Down"?
3. Where is the hotel room in "A Good Time"?
4. Which of the following is a theme not reflected by these poems?
5. Where does Chinaski give another driver a rude gesture?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)