|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 256-276.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does "Together" take place?
(a) A park.
(b) A rented room.
(c) A hostel.
(d) A diner.
2. What happens to Chinaski in "Everybody Talks Too Much"?
(a) He is pulled over by a cop.
(b) He gets into a fight.
(c) He meets a woman at the bar.
(d) He files for divorce.
3. In "The Shrinking Island," what does Chinaski give up on since he is drunk?
4. Chinaski describes Paris as a lovely city full of _______________.
(a) Intelligent people.
5. Chinaski claims that the best one can hope for is which of the following?
(a) A friend.
(b) A pet.
(c) A love life.
(d) Ten free minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chinaski mentions that the lottery funds _____________.
2. Whom does Chinaski drink with in "I Thought the Stuff Tasted Worse than Usual"?
3. In "The Master Plan," where does Chinaski survive a harsh winter?
4. What does Bukowski seem to defend through his poetry?
5. In "Me and My Buddy," what does Chinaski do with his poem?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)