|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 256-276.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Their Night," Chinaski connects his distaste for the Lost Generation to __________.
2. Chinaski says that Mexican girls in "Longshot" are often doing which of the following?
(a) Doing paperwork.
(c) Tending to bedding.
(d) Sweeping and mopping.
3. In "Starting Fast," what does Chinaski ruminate on?
(a) His age.
(b) His past.
(c) His job.
(d) His family.
4. Who is most fond of motivational cliches?
(a) Chinaski's father.
(c) Chinaski's mentor.
(d) Chinaski's mother.
5. In "Termites of the Page," whom does Bukowski lambast?
(c) Middle class workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which of the following poems does Chinaski not focus on the hidden horrors of life?
2. Chinaski claims that the best one can hope for is which of the following?
3. In "A Non-urgent Poem," a man says that Chinaski has lost which of the following?
4. Where is Chinaski in "Longshot"?
5. What is "An Ordinary Poem" about?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)