|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 256-276.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Hard Times," how many familiar men does Chinaski run into?
2. Where is Chinaski in "Sunny Side Down"?
(a) A diner.
(b) A park.
(c) A movie theater.
(d) A grocery store.
3. What is the occupation of the subject in "That's Why Funerals Are So Sad"?
(a) A boxer.
(b) A writer.
(c) A police officer.
(d) An actor.
4. What point is made in "Trying to Make It"?
(a) It is hard to make it big.
(b) It is hard to find love.
(c) It is hard to be demanding.
(d) It is hard to be hopeful.
5. Chinaski assures the readers that even though he writes less about drinking and prostitutes, what is still intact?
(a) His agony.
(b) His depression.
(c) His faith.
(d) His anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Helping the Old," where does Chinaski try to assist an old man?
2. In "Invasion," what kind of animal does Chinaski see in his doorway?
3. What bug makes an appearance in "A Tragic Meeting"?
4. In "The Shrinking Island," Chinaski's wife tells him not to step on_________.
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes Chinaski of the present in "Zero"?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)