|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 256-276.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chinaski assures the readers that even though he writes less about drinking and prostitutes, what is still intact?
(a) His anger.
(b) His agony.
(c) His faith.
(d) His depression.
2. Where does "Together" take place?
(a) A diner.
(b) A hostel.
(c) A rented room.
(d) A park.
3. What happens to all good poetry at the end of "Me and My Buddy"?
(a) It does not change.
(b) It disappears.
(c) It becomes more abundant.
(d) It is lost for a short while.
4. Whom does Chinaski pity in "Supposedly Famous"?
(a) His brothers and sisters.
(b) His wife.
(c) His cats
(d) Hs parents.
5. Which of the following is the setting for "Red Mercedes" and a frequent setting in Bukowski's work?
(b) Chinaski's father's house.
(c) Race track.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bukowski seem to defend through his poetry?
2. Whom does Chinaski meet in "A Tragic Meeting"?
3. Chinaski mentions that the lottery funds _____________.
4. In "Red Mercedes," what does the passenger hand the driver of the car from the glove box?
5. What is the name of the chemistry teacher who molested Chinaski's friend?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)