|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 256-276.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Saroyan insists that in order for him to write he needs to ______________.
2. In "My Friend, The Parking Lot Attendant," where does the attendant work?
(a) A race track.
(b) A dance club.
(c) A fancy restaurant.
(d) A grocery store.
3. In "The Blade," where does Chinaski work?
(b) Post ofice.
4. What bug makes an appearance in "A Tragic Meeting"?
(a) Boll weevil.
5. What building is destroyed in "The Death of a Splendid Neighborhood"?
(a) A block of houses.
(b) A large memorial site.
(c) A diner.
(d) A whorehouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "My First Affair With That Older Woman," how much older than Chinaski is the woman?
2. In "A Non-urgent Poem," a man says that Chinaski has lost which of the following?
3. Which of the following is most evident in "I Thought the Stuff Tasted Worse than Usual"?
4. In "Invasion," what kind of animal does Chinaski see in his doorway?
5. Which of the following is a theme not reflected by these poems?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)