|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 256-276.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a theme not reflected by these poems?
2. Where is the hotel room in "A Good Time"?
(a) Las Vegas.
(b) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
3. In "Darkness," what does Chinaski lament?
(b) The lie of the American dream.
(c) American education.
(d) The fulfillment of ambitions.
4. In "Putrefaction," back to which decade does Chinaski think the country is regressing?
5. In "Helping the Old," where does Chinaski try to assist an old man?
(a) The theater.
(b) The bank.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) The sidewalk
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Boil," for whom does Chinaski work?
2. What was the name of Chinaski's teacher?
3. Chinaski claims that the best one can hope for is which of the following?
4. How much does Chinaski owe to the IRS?
5. In "The Beautiful Lady Editor," who writes to Chinaski telling him he deserves to be miserable?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)