|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 256-276.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During which event does "It's Funny, Isn't It? #1" take place?
(a) A school dance.
(b) A concert.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A birthday party.
2. In "Darkness," what does Chinaski lament?
(a) The lie of the American dream.
(b) American education.
(d) The fulfillment of ambitions.
3. In "Fractional Note," what is described as getting worse?
4. What building is destroyed in "The Death of a Splendid Neighborhood"?
(a) A large memorial site.
(b) A diner.
(c) A block of houses.
(d) A whorehouse.
5. What kind of women does "Poor Al" date?
(a) Absent women.
(b) Crazy women.
(c) Sad women.
(d) Stupid women.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Cornered," where does Chinaski often sit?
2. In "Not Listed," Chinaski runs into an ex-jockey named ___________.
3. Who is Philip Lamantia?
4. What is one of Chinaski's friends named in "Song"?
5. Which of the following describes the woman in "The Lady in the Castle"?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)