|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 256-276.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What conclusion does Chinaski reach in "A Cat is a Cat is a Cat is a Cat"?
(a) He prefers dogs to cats.
(b) He prefers cats to people.
(c) He hates people.
(d) He hates animals.
2. In "About the PEN Conference," the author states that a writer without his typewriter is just a _________.
3. Where does "Together" take place?
(a) A park.
(b) A rented room.
(c) A hostel.
(d) A diner.
4. Saroyan insists that in order for him to write he needs to ______________.
5. In "The Shrinking Island," Chinaski's wife tells him not to step on_________.
(a) The rug.
(b) A spill.
(c) A creaky floor.
(d) The cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Chinaski's second friend in "Practice"?
2. What is the name of Chinaski's lover with whom he lived with on next to nothing?
3. To whom/what does Emily Bukowski tend?
4. Chinaski says that Mexican girls in "Longshot" are often doing which of the following?
5. What is the name of the woman that "Love Poem to a Stripper" is dedicated to?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)