|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 256-276.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes the woman in "The Lady in the Castle"?
(a) She has big feet.
(b) She has a large nose.
(c) She has big eyes.
(d) She has long hair.
2. In which poem does Bukowski ruminate on his inconsistent fame?
(a) "Relentless as a Tarantula."
(c) "Only For a Minute."
(d) "Their Night."
3. According to Chinaski, how long did it take him to become the best drunk in the neighborhood?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Eighteen years.
4. Who has an ironic death in Bukowski's work?
(a) Chinaski's father.
(c) The man in the red Mercedes.
(d) Chinaski's uncle.
5. In "Concrete," who invites Chinaski to his house?
(a) A hairstylist.
(b) A poet.
(c) A painter.
(d) A teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What conclusion does Chinaski reach in "A Cat is a Cat is a Cat is a Cat"?
2. In "I Thought the Stuff Tasted Worse than Usual," Chinaski smells like ____________.
3. All the crazy poets Chinaski used to work with now have what kinds of jobs?
4. Chinaski believes the best companion is _____________.
5. Which of the following is the setting for "Red Mercedes" and a frequent setting in Bukowski's work?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)