|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 94-112.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second thing the man Chinaski tries to help drops?
(a) His medication.
(b) His hearing aid.
(c) His paperwork.
(d) His cane.
2. In which poem does Bukowski relate his famous origin story?
(b) "My Vanishing Act."
(c) "The Master Plan."
3. Where does Chinaski give another driver a rude gesture?
(a) Library parking lot.
(b) Supermarket parking lot.
(c) School parking lot.
(d) Busy intersection.
4. In "Working It Out," who is Gregory Peck portraying on television?
(a) Edgar Allan Poe.
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(d) Charles Dickens.
5. In "Helping the Old," where does Chinaski try to assist an old man?
(a) The theater.
(b) The sidewalk
(c) The grocery store.
(d) The bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chinaski's work is most likely a rebuttal to authors like ______________.
2. In "Darkness," what does Chinaski lament?
3. When the thief in the boarding house tries to rob Chinaski, how does he get back at him?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Chinaski of the present in "Zero"?
5. Which of the following is a theme not reflected by these poems?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)