|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 94-112.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has an ironic death in Bukowski's work?
(a) Chinaski's father.
(c) Chinaski's uncle.
(d) The man in the red Mercedes.
2. Saroyan insists that in order for him to write he needs to ______________.
3. In "Supposedly Famous," Chinaski takes stock of __________.
(a) His wife's life.
(b) His knowledge.
(c) His life.
(d) His family.
4. According to Chinaski, how long did it take him to become the best drunk in the neighborhood?
(a) Two years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Eighteen years.
(d) Fifteen years.
5. In "Cornered," where does Chinaski often sit?
(a) Busy restaurants.
(c) Empty bars.
(d) Park benches.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the thief in the boarding house tries to rob Chinaski, how does he get back at him?
2. What is Chinaski's emotion in "I'll Take It..."?
3. Chinaski believes that most poets are which of the following?
4. How much does Chinaski owe to the IRS?
5. Whom does Chinaski pity in "Supposedly Famous"?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)