|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 94-112.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Non-urgent Poem," a man says that Chinaski has lost which of the following?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Chinaski of the present in "Zero"?
3. In "My First Affair With That Older Woman," how much older than Chinaski is the woman?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Fifteen years.
4. What is Chinaski's justification for indolence and excess?
(a) His existence.
(b) His childhood.
(c) His privilege.
(d) His love life.
5. Which poem is a short quip in which Bukowski says it is still nice to be Bukowski?
(a) "The Chemistry of Things."
(c) "The Still Trapeze."
(d) "Well, That's Just the Way It Is."
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of women does "Poor Al" date?
2. What is the format of the poems in this collection?
3. In "My Friend, The Parking Lot Attendant," where does the attendant work?
4. In "Red Mercedes," what does the passenger hand the driver of the car from the glove box?
5. When Chinaski finds out he will have to live alone in "Rift," what does he feel?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)