|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 94-112.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chinaski, how long did it take him to become the best drunk in the neighborhood?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Eighteen years.
2. Which of the following is the setting for "Red Mercedes" and a frequent setting in Bukowski's work?
(a) Race track.
(c) Chinaski's father's house.
3. Where does Chinaski give another driver a rude gesture?
(a) Supermarket parking lot.
(b) Library parking lot.
(c) School parking lot.
(d) Busy intersection.
4. When the thief in the boarding house tries to rob Chinaski, how does he get back at him?
(a) He sleeps with his girlfriend.
(b) He kills him.
(c) He hits him with a wine bottle.
(d) He takes his money.
5. What does Bukowski seem to defend through his poetry?
(d) Lack of ambition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which poem is a short quip in which Bukowski says it is still nice to be Bukowski?
2. What was the name of Chinaski's teacher?
3. In "The Master Plan," where does Chinaski survive a harsh winter?
4. In "Supposedly Famous," Chinaski takes stock of __________.
5. In which poem does Bukowski relate his famous origin story?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)