|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 94-112.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "My Friend, The Parking Lot Attendant," where does the attendant work?
(a) A race track.
(b) A dance club.
(c) A fancy restaurant.
(d) A grocery store.
2. Which of the following is a theme not reflected by these poems?
3. When Chinaski finds out he will have to live alone in "Rift," what does he feel?
(a) He feels very alone.
(b) He feels angry.
(c) He feels that he can easily find somebody else.
(d) He does not feel at all alone.
4. What is the name of Chinaski's friend in "The Chemistry of Things"?
(b) Mary Anne.
(d) Mary Lou.
5. In which poem does Chinaski struggle with writer's block?
(a) "Supposedly Famous."
(b) "I'll Take It."
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Chinaski pity in "Supposedly Famous"?
2. What is the second thing the man Chinaski tries to help drops?
3. What does Bukowski seem to defend through his poetry?
4. Which of the following is the setting for "Red Mercedes" and a frequent setting in Bukowski's work?
5. In "Red Mercedes," what does the passenger hand the driver of the car from the glove box?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)