|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 94-112.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chinaski believes the best companion is _____________.
(b) His ex-girlfriend.
(c) His wife.
(d) His pets.
2. According to Chinaski, how long did it take him to become the best drunk in the neighborhood?
(a) Two years.
(b) Eighteen years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Fifteen years.
3. In which poem does Chinaski struggle with writer's block?
(c) "I'll Take It."
(d) "Supposedly Famous."
4. What is the first thing that the man whom Chinaski tries to help drops?
(a) His hat.
(b) His gloves.
(c) His glasses.
(d) His wallet.
5. Which of the following is a theme not reflected by these poems?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chinaski's emotion in "I'll Take It..."?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Chinaski of the present in "Zero"?
3. Which of the following is the setting for "Red Mercedes" and a frequent setting in Bukowski's work?
4. In "Education," what does Chinaski remember?
5. In which poem does Bukowski relate his famous origin story?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)