|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 94-112.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Working It Out," who is Gregory Peck portraying on television?
(a) Edgar Allan Poe.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) Mark Twain.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
2. In "The Master Plan," where does Chinaski survive a harsh winter?
(c) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
3. Who has an ironic death in Bukowski's work?
(b) Chinaski's uncle.
(c) The man in the red Mercedes.
(d) Chinaski's father.
4. What kind of women does "Poor Al" date?
(a) Sad women.
(b) Crazy women.
(c) Stupid women.
(d) Absent women.
5. In "Red Mercedes," what does the passenger hand the driver of the car from the glove box?
(a) A gun.
(b) A phone.
(c) A knife.
(d) A folder of documents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chinaski's justification for indolence and excess?
2. Where does Chinaski live?
3. What is the second thing the man Chinaski tries to help drops?
4. In "Cornered," where does Chinaski often sit?
5. When Chinaski writes, who or what accompanies him?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)