|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 94-112.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which poem does Bukowski relate his famous origin story?
(c) "My Vanishing Act."
(d) "The Master Plan."
2. What is the occupation of the subject in "That's Why Funerals Are So Sad"?
(a) A writer.
(b) A boxer.
(c) A police officer.
(d) An actor.
3. Chinaski believes that most poets are which of the following?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Chinaski of the present in "Zero"?
5. In "Darkness," what does Chinaski lament?
(a) American education.
(c) The fulfillment of ambitions.
(d) The lie of the American dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the man located in "The Man in the Brown Suit"?
2. What significant event in history does Chinaski consider in "Sunny Side Down"?
3. What is the name of the thief who lives in a boarding house in "Bad Times at the 3rd and Vermont Hotel"?
4. When the thief in the boarding house tries to rob Chinaski, how does he get back at him?
5. What kind of women does "Poor Al" date?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)