|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 94-112.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Cornered," where does Chinaski often sit?
(b) Park benches.
(c) Busy restaurants.
(d) Empty bars.
2. Where does the woman in "A Good Time" want to be taken?
(a) Las Vegas.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
3. What was the name of Chinaski's teacher?
(a) Ms. Sorento.
(b) Ms. Simpson.
(c) Ms. Simms.
(d) Ms. Samuels.
4. In "Darkness," what does Chinaski lament?
(a) The fulfillment of ambitions.
(b) The lie of the American dream.
(c) American education.
5. What kind of women does "Poor Al" date?
(a) Absent women.
(b) Crazy women.
(c) Sad women.
(d) Stupid women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is most fond of motivational cliches?
2. Saroyan insists that in order for him to write he needs to ______________.
3. Where is Chinaski's favorite place in "My Vanishing Act"?
4. All the crazy poets Chinaski used to work with now have what kinds of jobs?
5. In "Rift," who gets mad at Chinaski?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)