|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 94-112.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bukowski seem to defend through his poetry?
(a) Lack of ambition.
2. Where is Chinaski's favorite place in "My Vanishing Act"?
(a) A baseball field.
(b) A football field.
(c) A graveyard.
(d) A meadow.
3. In "Working It Out," who is Gregory Peck portraying on television?
(a) Edgar Allan Poe.
(b) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(c) Charles Dickens.
(d) Mark Twain.
4. According to Chinaski, where are all of his defenders?
(c) South America.
(d) North America.
5. What is the format of the poems in this collection?
(d) Free verse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the man located in "The Man in the Brown Suit"?
2. What is the name of the thief who lives in a boarding house in "Bad Times at the 3rd and Vermont Hotel"?
3. What is Chinaski's justification for indolence and excess?
4. How much does Chinaski owe to the IRS?
5. Which of the following is the setting for "Red Mercedes" and a frequent setting in Bukowski's work?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)