|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 94-112.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the subject of the poem "Retired"?
(a) Chinaski's father.
(b) A homeless man.
(c) Chinaski's brother.
(d) Chinaski's mother.
2. What is the name of Chinaski's friend in "The Chemistry of Things"?
(a) Mary Anne.
(d) Mary Lou.
3. In "My Friend, The Parking Lot Attendant," where does the attendant work?
(a) A fancy restaurant.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) A dance club.
(d) A race track.
4. What is the name of the chemistry teacher who molested Chinaski's friend?
(a) Mr. Hunn.
(b) Mr. Harold.
(c) Mr. Harpin.
(d) Mr. Heston.
5. Where is the hotel room in "A Good Time"?
(a) New York.
(b) Las Vegas.
(d) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Putrefaction," back to which decade does Chinaski think the country is regressing?
2. In school, Chinaski often had difficulty with ___________.
3. Saroyan insists that in order for him to write he needs to ______________.
4. What was the name of Chinaski's teacher?
5. Chinaski believes that most poets are which of the following?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)