|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 94-112.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bukowski seem to defend through his poetry?
(b) Lack of ambition.
2. Which of the following is the setting for "Red Mercedes" and a frequent setting in Bukowski's work?
(b) Chinaski's father's house.
(c) Race track.
3. In "Termites of the Page," whom does Bukowski lambast?
(b) Middle class workers.
4. Saroyan insists that in order for him to write he needs to ______________.
5. What is the first thing that the man whom Chinaski tries to help drops?
(a) His hat.
(b) His wallet.
(c) His glasses.
(d) His gloves.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Working It Out," who is Gregory Peck portraying on television?
2. When Chinaski finds out he will have to live alone in "Rift," what does he feel?
3. In school, Chinaski often had difficulty with ___________.
4. In "Helping the Old," where does Chinaski try to assist an old man?
5. Where does the woman in "A Good Time" want to be taken?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)