|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 94-112.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes Chinaski of the present in "Zero"?
2. Who is the subject of the poem "Retired"?
(a) Chinaski's father.
(b) Chinaski's brother.
(c) Chinaski's mother.
(d) A homeless man.
3. What is the name of Chinaski's friend in "The Chemistry of Things"?
(b) Mary Lou.
(d) Mary Anne.
4. What is the occupation of the subject in "That's Why Funerals Are So Sad"?
(a) A writer.
(b) An actor.
(c) A boxer.
(d) A police officer.
5. Saroyan insists that in order for him to write he needs to ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Chinaski live?
2. Where is the man located in "The Man in the Brown Suit"?
3. What was the name of Chinaski's teacher?
4. What is the format of the poems in this collection?
5. Whom does Chinaski pity in "Supposedly Famous"?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)