|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 94-112.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has an ironic death in Bukowski's work?
(a) The man in the red Mercedes.
(b) Chinaski's father.
(d) Chinaski's uncle.
2. In "Working It Out," who is Gregory Peck portraying on television?
(a) Mark Twain.
(b) Edgar Allan Poe.
(c) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(d) Charles Dickens.
3. According to Chinaski, how long did it take him to become the best drunk in the neighborhood?
(a) Two years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Eighteen years.
(d) Ten years.
4. What is the name of Chinaski's friend in "The Chemistry of Things"?
(b) Mary Anne.
(c) Mary Lou.
5. Which poem is a short quip in which Bukowski says it is still nice to be Bukowski?
(a) "Well, That's Just the Way It Is."
(b) "The Still Trapeze."
(d) "The Chemistry of Things."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the hotel room in "A Good Time"?
2. Chinaski's work is most likely a rebuttal to authors like ______________.
3. In "Red Mercedes," what does the passenger hand the driver of the car from the glove box?
4. What is the name of Chinaski's lover with whom he lived with on next to nothing?
5. What is Chinaski's emotion in "I'll Take It..."?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)