|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 94-112.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chinaski's justification for indolence and excess?
(a) His privilege.
(b) His love life.
(c) His childhood.
(d) His existence.
2. What is the first thing that the man whom Chinaski tries to help drops?
(a) His hat.
(b) His wallet.
(c) His gloves.
(d) His glasses.
3. What does Bukowski seem to defend through his poetry?
(a) Lack of ambition.
4. According to Chinaski, how long did it take him to become the best drunk in the neighborhood?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Eighteen years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Two years.
5. According to Chinaski, where are all of his defenders?
(c) South America.
(d) North America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the man located in "The Man in the Brown Suit"?
2. In "Termites of the Page," whom does Bukowski lambast?
3. In "Education," what does Chinaski remember?
4. When the thief in the boarding house tries to rob Chinaski, how does he get back at him?
5. When Chinaski writes, who or what accompanies him?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)