|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 175-194.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Blade," where does Chinaski work?
(d) Post ofice.
2. In "My Friend, The Parking Lot Attendant," where does the attendant work?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) A race track.
(c) A dance club.
(d) A fancy restaurant.
3. In "I Thought the Stuff Tasted Worse than Usual," Chinaski smells like ____________.
(b) French bread.
4. In "Darkness," what does Chinaski lament?
(a) The fulfillment of ambitions.
(c) American education.
(d) The lie of the American dream.
5. In which of the following poems does Chinaski not focus on the hidden horrors of life?
(a) "The Lady in the Castle."
(b) "Not Listed."
(c) "The Boil."
(d) "The Blade."
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Gay Paree" what does Chinaski describe?
2. How did Chinaski's friend from "The Stride" die?
3. What is the second thing the man Chinaski tries to help drops?
4. In "Education," what does Chinaski remember?
5. Which poem is considered a play on words?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)