|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 175-194.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Chinaski owe to the IRS?
(a) 3,000 dollars.
(b) 10,000 dollars.
(c) 14,000 dollars.
(d) 7,000 dollars.
2. What is the name of Chinaski's friend in "The Stride"?
3. What is Chinaski's justification for indolence and excess?
(a) His existence.
(b) His love life.
(c) His privilege.
(d) His childhood.
4. What is the occupation of the subject in "That's Why Funerals Are So Sad"?
(a) An actor.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A writer.
(d) A boxer.
5. In "Glenn Miller," Chinaski recalls what kind of shop?
(a) Bicycle shop.
(b) Soda shop.
(c) Sports shop.
(d) Book shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Friends within the Darkness," Chinaski listens to __________.
2. How did Chinaski's friend from "The Stride" die?
3. In "Cornered," where does Chinaski often sit?
4. In "The Blade," where does Chinaski work?
5. In which poem does Chinaski struggle with writer's block?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)