|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 175-194.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Gay Paree" what does Chinaski describe?
2. In "My Friend, The Parking Lot Attendant," where does the attendant work?
(a) A dance club.
(b) A race track.
(c) A grocery store.
(d) A fancy restaurant.
3. To whom/what does Emily Bukowski tend?
(a) Her grandchildren.
(c) Her husband.
4. In which of the following poems does Chinaski not focus on the hidden horrors of life?
(a) "The Boil."
(b) "Not Listed."
(c) "The Blade."
(d) "The Lady in the Castle."
5. Whom does Chinaski pity in "Supposedly Famous"?
(a) His brothers and sisters.
(b) Hs parents.
(c) His cats
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Chinaski seem to think deserves better than any other man?
2. Where is Chinaski's favorite place in "My Vanishing Act"?
3. What kind of women does "Poor Al" date?
4. What is the occupation of the subject in "That's Why Funerals Are So Sad"?
5. In which poem does Bukowski relate his famous origin story?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)