|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 175-194.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chinaski, how long did it take him to become the best drunk in the neighborhood?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Eighteen years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Two years.
2. When the thief in the boarding house tries to rob Chinaski, how does he get back at him?
(a) He takes his money.
(b) He kills him.
(c) He sleeps with his girlfriend.
(d) He hits him with a wine bottle.
3. To whom/what does Emily Bukowski tend?
(a) Her grandchildren.
(d) Her husband.
4. Who is Emily Bukowski?
(a) Bukowski's sister.
(b) Bukowski's wife.
(c) Bukowski's grandmother.
(d) Bukowski's mother.
5. What is Chinaski's justification for indolence and excess?
(a) His existence.
(b) His childhood.
(c) His privilege.
(d) His love life.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which poem does Chinaski struggle with writer's block?
2. In "The Blade," where does Chinaski work?
3. Whom does Chinaski pity in "Supposedly Famous"?
4. In "Supposedly Famous," Chinaski takes stock of __________.
5. In "Termites of the Page," whom does Bukowski lambast?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)