|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 236-255.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chinaski believes that the hopes and joys of life are inevitably lost due to _________.
2. According to Chinaski, where are all of his defenders?
(a) North America.
(c) South America.
3. Chinaski was told that the odds of a patient surviving a hospital for the poor are ______________.
(a) Ten to one.
(b) One hundred to one.
(c) Two to one.
(d) Fifty to one.
4. What is the second thing the man Chinaski tries to help drops?
(a) His paperwork.
(b) His medication.
(c) His cane.
(d) His hearing aid.
5. Who is Philip Lamantia?
(a) A model.
(b) A writer.
(c) A poet.
(d) An actor.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the thief in the boarding house tries to rob Chinaski, how does he get back at him?
2. How many cats does Chinaski claim to own?
3. Where is Chinaski in "Longshot"?
4. What is the name of the thief who lives in a boarding house in "Bad Times at the 3rd and Vermont Hotel"?
5. Which of the following has happened to Chinaski in "Longshot"?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)