|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 236-255.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Hard Times," Chinaski sees the men who ___________.
(a) Raked his leaves.
(b) Painted his house.
(c) Ran errands for him.
(d) Fixed his car.
2. How much does Chinaski owe to the IRS?
(a) 7,000 dollars.
(b) 14,000 dollars.
(c) 3,000 dollars.
(d) 10,000 dollars.
3. Who is Philip Lamantia?
(a) An actor.
(b) A model.
(c) A poet.
(d) A writer.
4. Whom does Chinaski ogle in "Concrete"?
(a) The man's daughter.
(b) The man's sister.
(c) The man's wife.
(d) The man's mother.
5. In "Wearing the Collar," which animal does Chinaski talk about?
Short Answer Questions
1. What conclusion does Chinaski reach in "A Cat is a Cat is a Cat is a Cat"?
2. In "Concrete," who invites Chinaski to his house?
3. According to Chinaski, where are all of his defenders?
4. Chinaski was told that the odds of a patient surviving a hospital for the poor are ______________.
5. What is the second thing the man Chinaski tries to help drops?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)