|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 236-255.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the thief who lives in a boarding house in "Bad Times at the 3rd and Vermont Hotel"?
2. Whom does Chinaski ogle in "Concrete"?
(a) The man's sister.
(b) The man's mother.
(c) The man's daughter.
(d) The man's wife.
3. What is the first thing that the man whom Chinaski tries to help drops?
(a) His hat.
(b) His glasses.
(c) His gloves.
(d) His wallet.
4. Which of the following has happened to Chinaski in "Longshot"?
(a) He is cleaning.
(b) He is working.
(c) He is fighting.
(d) He is losing a lot of blood.
5. Chinaski was told that the odds of a patient surviving a hospital for the poor are ______________.
(a) Fifty to one.
(b) Ten to one.
(c) One hundred to one.
(d) Two to one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What conclusion does Chinaski reach in "A Cat is a Cat is a Cat is a Cat"?
2. What kind of women does "Poor Al" date?
3. Which poem is considered the strangest in the collection?
4. In "Hard Times," how many familiar men does Chinaski run into?
5. What is the name of the second girl in "Those Girls We Followed Home"?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)