|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 236-255.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Shrinking Island," what does Chinaski give up on since he is drunk?
2. In "Hard Times," Chinaski sees the men who ___________.
(a) Ran errands for him.
(b) Painted his house.
(c) Fixed his car.
(d) Raked his leaves.
3. In "Wearing the Collar," which animal does Chinaski talk about?
4. Where does Chinaski get out of his car in "Hard Times"?
(a) The grocery store.
(b) The bar.
(c) The diner.
(d) The docks.
5. Chinaski believes that the hopes and joys of life are inevitably lost due to _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Shrinking Island," Chinaski's wife tells him not to step on_________.
2. Chinaski mentions that the lottery funds _____________.
3. Which of the following has happened to Chinaski in "Longshot"?
4. Which poem is considered the strangest in the collection?
5. What is the name of the thief who lives in a boarding house in "Bad Times at the 3rd and Vermont Hotel"?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)