|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 236-255.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the thief in the boarding house tries to rob Chinaski, how does he get back at him?
(a) He takes his money.
(b) He hits him with a wine bottle.
(c) He sleeps with his girlfriend.
(d) He kills him.
2. What is the second thing the man Chinaski tries to help drops?
(a) His paperwork.
(b) His medication.
(c) His cane.
(d) His hearing aid.
3. In "My Friend, The Parking Lot Attendant," where does the attendant work?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) A race track.
(c) A fancy restaurant.
(d) A dance club.
4. Where does Chinaski get out of his car in "Hard Times"?
(a) The grocery store.
(b) The diner.
(c) The bar.
(d) The docks.
5. Who is Philip Lamantia?
(a) A writer.
(b) A poet.
(c) An actor.
(d) A model.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of women does "Poor Al" date?
2. Chinaski was told that the odds of a patient surviving a hospital for the poor are ______________.
3. Which of the following is the name of one of the women in "Those Girls We Followed Home"?
4. In "Hard Times," Chinaski sees the men who ___________.
5. What animal does Chinaski watch with a friend in "Concrete"?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)