|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 236-255.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Hard Times," Chinaski sees the men who ___________.
(a) Raked his leaves.
(b) Fixed his car.
(c) Painted his house.
(d) Ran errands for him.
2. In "The Shrinking Island," Chinaski's wife tells him not to step on_________.
(a) A spill.
(b) A creaky floor.
(c) The cat.
(d) The rug.
3. In "My First Affair With That Older Woman," how much older than Chinaski is the woman?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Ten years.
4. In "My Friend, The Parking Lot Attendant," where does the attendant work?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) A race track.
(c) A fancy restaurant.
(d) A dance club.
5. In "Wearing the Collar," which animal does Chinaski talk about?
Short Answer Questions
1. What conclusion does Chinaski reach in "A Cat is a Cat is a Cat is a Cat"?
2. Chinaski believes that the hopes and joys of life are inevitably lost due to _________.
3. According to Chinaski, where are all of his defenders?
4. Which of the following has happened to Chinaski in "Longshot"?
5. In "Hard Times," how many familiar men does Chinaski run into?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)