|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pp. 236-255.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Wearing the Collar," which animal does Chinaski talk about?
2. In "Hard Times," Chinaski sees the men who ___________.
(a) Fixed his car.
(b) Raked his leaves.
(c) Ran errands for him.
(d) Painted his house.
3. Who is Philip Lamantia?
(a) An actor.
(b) A poet.
(c) A writer.
(d) A model.
4. In "Invasion," what kind of animal does Chinaski see in his doorway?
(a) A turtle.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A lion.
(d) A tiger.
5. In "The Shrinking Island," what does Chinaski give up on since he is drunk?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Chinaski get out of his car in "Hard Times"?
2. Which of the following is the name of one of the women in "Those Girls We Followed Home"?
3. In "Helping the Old," where does Chinaski try to assist an old man?
4. What is the name of the thief who lives in a boarding house in "Bad Times at the 3rd and Vermont Hotel"?
5. Which poem is considered the strangest in the collection?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)