|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sad about the baby dragon being gone away in the sky?
2. Who admits to stealing food, and wants to return it?
3. Whose cry awakens the dragons?
4. Who initially did not pick Lisa to be a part of her story?
5. Which student worried aloud that other students could be mean and hurtful with the new rule, to which other students suggested solutions?
Essay Topic 1
Lisa had been fairly supportive of the new play rule. In Chapter 3 Lisa's perceptions about the new rule changed. Discuss Lisa's perception about the new rule and how it has evolved into what it is in Chapter 3. (Use insights from previous chapters to support your responses.)
Essay Topic 2
How does the behavior of the girls against Raymond in Chapter 2 illustrate the behavior of students in the classroom, like Paley's class, and how does the girls behavior demonstrate the behavior Paley wants to discourage with her new play rule.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 1 Paley talked about friendship and play. She also discussed connections between play exclusion strengthening with age. Discuss both general conclusions and how they may/may not affect Paley's goal to eliminate this social practice in her classroom.
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)