|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Raymond why he is crying out, in Chapter 3?
2. In Chapter 3, Raymond wants to pretend he is a what?
3. Back in the imaginary story, who promises not to be a stowaway?
4. Who makes a welcome home sign for Raymond's father?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 3 we find that Paley has decided to do what with her new play rule?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Briefly explain Paley's findings from her inquiry for each grade level, 1st through 5th, then examine how Paley's students respond to these answers as Paley reports the responses back to them.
Essay Topic 2
Paley has come to the end of Chapter 2 in her book and is getting closer to imposing her new rule. Discuss Paley's developing dilemma about the fairness and feasibility of her own rule.
Essay Topic 3
How does or could Paley's new rule resolve or prevent certain issues that arise in the imaginary story? Cite several specific examples and provide supporting details.
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)