|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Raymond's pretend play what does Beatrice want to be?
2. Whose cry awakens the dragons?
3. In Magpie's story, at what age does the father tell the baby dragon he is old enough to fight?
4. Who pushes the baby dragon into a battle?
5. What surrounds the mountain as Raymond and his friends climb?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Paley has come to the end of Chapter 2 in her book and is getting closer to imposing her new rule. Discuss Paley's developing dilemma about the fairness and feasibility of her own rule.
Essay Topic 2
Lisa had been fairly supportive of the new play rule. In Chapter 3 Lisa's perceptions about the new rule changed. Discuss Lisa's perception about the new rule and how it has evolved into what it is in Chapter 3. (Use insights from previous chapters to support your responses.)
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism of the blueberry bush leading the dragons out of the fog in Chapter 4 in relation to Paley's using the new rule and complementing story to help her students learn to include rather than exclude during play.
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)