|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Raymond to do bad things on purpose?
2. Who lets Raymond borrow a carriage?
3. Who is ordered to bring the emperor blueberries?
4. Which student from Paley's class suggested the new rule should have solved Beatrice's problem with Annabella and Alexandra?
5. When Magpie asks Raymond's father what he wants, what does Raymond's father request?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Paley visited third graders in Chapter 4?
2. What happens in Chapter 3, after Magpie tells Raymond he is Raymond's friend?
3. How was Lisa affected by the imposition of the new rule?
4. How are the dragons encouraged to to explore the world?
5. What happened with loop holes regarding the new play rule according to Paley in Chapter 4?
6. Why are the dragons confused when the awaken?
7. In Chapter 3, when Raymond announces he wants to play pretend, who joins him?
8. What story, inspired by Raymond, does Magpie tell in Chapter 3?
9. Why did problems arise with the new play rule and story telling?
10. What happens in Chapter 3 when Raymond tries to be nice at school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Prince Kareem's character in the imaginary story compare and contrast to Paley's role in her classroom in regards to children at play?
Essay Topic 2
Paley has come to the end of Chapter 2 in her book and is getting closer to imposing her new rule. Discuss Paley's developing dilemma about the fairness and feasibility of her own rule.
Essay Topic 3
How do Magpie and the Uncle rescue the flower prince from the eagle, and how does this rescue effort demonstrate working together as an embodiment of Paley's goal with the new play rule?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)