|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Raymond, Beatrice, Annabella and Alexandra all do together in Chapter 3?
2. Who tells Raymond to do bad things on purpose?
3. Raymond tries to help a boy with what kind of work, in Chapter 3?
4. In Chapter 3 Raymond becomes so frustrated that he cries out for who?
5. Besides Magpie, who wants to accompany Raymond to rescue his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Raymond reveal about himself in Chapter 4?
2. What happened when Paley visited third graders in Chapter 4?
3. Why is Beatrice annoyed after the rescue?
4. What happens in Chapter 3, after Magpie tells Raymond he is Raymond's friend?
5. Why did some of Paley's student's reference Raymond from the imaginary story in the beginning of Chapter 3?
6. In Chapter 3, why were Paley's students nervous and what did they do because of their nervousness?
7. Back in the classroom in Chapter 3, what suggestion did Lisa have about Beatrice's frustration/jealousy?
8. In Chapter 3, when Magpie ended his story inspired by Raymond, how did Raymond respond?
9. What happens in Chapter 3 when Raymond tries to be nice at school?
10. How did Paley's students perceive fairness in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lisa had been fairly supportive of the new play rule. In Chapter 3 Lisa's perceptions about the new rule changed. Discuss Lisa's perception about the new rule and how it has evolved into what it is in Chapter 3. (Use insights from previous chapters to support your responses.)
Essay Topic 2
How does Prince Kareem's character in the imaginary story compare and contrast to Paley's role in her classroom in regards to children at play?
Essay Topic 3
Angelo told Paley about his dream of being alone and that he was sad because of this. Annabella is found sad, alone, with her doll and refuses help. Compare and contrast similarities between these "outcasts," Angelo and Annabella.
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)