|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Raymond, Beatrice, Annabella and Alexandra all do together in Chapter 3?
2. In Chapter 3 Raymond becomes so frustrated that he cries out for who?
3. Who wants Raymond to live with them?
4. While playing pretend, who does Raymond want to find?
5. In Chapter three, which one of Paley's student's now thinks the new rule would be unfair because they want their own friends?
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 4, Paley observes the evolving rule in relation to students learning democratic procedures; adapting the rule to cover story-telling; and no longer looking for loopholes. Discuss each of these results. How they came to be and how they affect the students and the rule itself. Citing details from previous chapters may be helpful.
Essay Topic 2
Lisa had been fairly supportive of the new play rule. In Chapter 3 Lisa's perceptions about the new rule changed. Discuss Lisa's perception about the new rule and how it has evolved into what it is in Chapter 3. (Use insights from previous chapters to support your responses.)
Essay Topic 3
Paley had to make speeches in Canada and Arizona. Briefly describe the reason for each trip, and then analyze how Paley's classroom discussions and student responses about the new play rule affect Paley's presentations in each venue as well as her thoughts just before and after each event.
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)