|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, Lisa wanted who to like her more than Mary Louise?
2. In Chapter 4 what surprises the dragons when they wake up?
3. Who makes a welcome home sign for Raymond's father?
4. Who introduces themselves to Beatrice?
5. In his dream Raymond sees his father inside of what?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Paley's students perception of the new play rule as "protection" in Chapter 4? Protection from what? Also discuss how these students view the fairness or lack thereof of the new play rule. Be specific, citing examples from the entire book.
Essay Topic 2
What parallels can be drawn between Paley's imposition of the new play rule in Chapter 3, and Raymond's attempts in the imaginary story to be nice?
Essay Topic 3
How effective is the Magpie story initiated by Paley, in Chapter 1, in engaging students in a dialogue about the rejection in play, and helping them connect with others so they feel a need to use Paley's new rule? Specifically discuss how several of the students change and/or remain the same after hearing the story and the surrounding discussions.
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)