Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nelson is rejected in play because he did not want to play what role chosen by other children?
2. After Magpie finished telling a story to the flower prince, the flower prince laughed and gave Magpie what?
3. In Chapter 2, after Lisa told her story, Paley realized that Lisa wanted to be like who from the imaginary story?
4. Annabella leads Magpie down where in the story?
5. What is the name of the Queen's son that needs to be rescued?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do blueberry bushes help rescue Raymond and his father from the cage?
2. What story does Magpie tell at the Corporal's prompting?
3. What happens in Chapter 3 when Raymond tries to be nice at school?
4. Why did problems arise with the new play rule and story telling?
5. According to details in Chapter 1, how are Annabella and Alexandra different in appearance from each other?
6. In Chapter 3, when Magpie ended his story inspired by Raymond, how did Raymond respond?
7. What happens in Chapter 3, after Magpie tells Raymond he is Raymond's friend?
8. In Magpie's story, inspired by Raymond, why is the father sad?
9. In Chapter 3, when Raymond announces he wants to play pretend, who joins him?
10. In Chapter 2 we are introduced to Raymond. Who is he?
How does the behavior of the girls against Raymond in Chapter 2 illustrate the behavior of students in the classroom, like Paley's class, and how does the girls behavior demonstrate the behavior Paley wants to discourage with her new play rule.
Lisa had been fairly supportive of the new play rule. In Chapter 3 Lisa's perceptions about the new rule changed. Discuss Lisa's perception about the new rule and how it has evolved into what it is in Chapter 3. (Use insights from previous chapters to support your responses.)
What parallels can be drawn between Paley's imposition of the new play rule in Chapter 3, and Raymond's attempts in the imaginary story to be nice?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)