Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nelson is rejected in play because he did not want to play what role chosen by other children?
2. After Magpie finished telling a story to the flower prince, the flower prince laughed and gave Magpie what?
3. In Chapter 2, after Lisa told her story, Paley realized that Lisa wanted to be like who from the imaginary story?
4. Annabella leads Magpie down where in the story?
5. What is the name of the Queen's son that needs to be rescued?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do blueberry bushes help rescue Raymond and his father from the cage?
2. What story does Magpie tell at the Corporal's prompting?
3. What happens in Chapter 3 when Raymond tries to be nice at school?
4. Why did problems arise with the new play rule and story telling?
5. According to details in Chapter 1, how are Annabella and Alexandra different in appearance from each other?
6. In Chapter 3, when Magpie ended his story inspired by Raymond, how did Raymond respond?
7. What happens in Chapter 3, after Magpie tells Raymond he is Raymond's friend?
8. In Magpie's story, inspired by Raymond, why is the father sad?
9. In Chapter 3, when Raymond announces he wants to play pretend, who joins him?
10. In Chapter 2 we are introduced to Raymond. Who is he?
How has implementation of the new rule affected the perceptions of the third and fifth grade students in last Chapter of the book? Include information from previous chapters that help define student perceptions before any changed perceptions.
Through the book. Lisa and Beatrice's behavior has fluctuated from one extreme to another. Explain these varying responses and connect them with how students (all grades) respond to Paley's experiment.
Paley has come to the end of Chapter 2 in her book and is getting closer to imposing her new rule. Discuss Paley's developing dilemma about the fairness and feasibility of her own rule.
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)