|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3 of the book, who in the imaginary story worries they will never find friends?
(b) The flower prince.
2. Raymond has decided to show everyone that he is what?
3. In Chapter 3 we find that Paley has delayed talking to which students about the new rule?
(a) Fifth graders.
(b) Fourth graders.
(c) Third graders.
(d) First graders.
4. Who sees the herd of sleeping dragons first, and calls the others over?
5. Which student worried aloud that other students could be mean and hurtful with the new rule, to which other students suggested solutions?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is annoyed about the welcome sign for Raymond's father?
2. Who lost an egg and thought it was the reason for bad luck?
3. Who tells Raymond to do bad things on purpose?
4. Who asks Raymond why he is crying out, in Chapter 3?
5. Who tells their own story in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did problems arise with the new play rule and story telling?
2. What happens in Chapter 3, after Magpie tells Raymond he is Raymond's friend?
3. What does Raymond reveal about himself in Chapter 4?
4. What story does Magpie tell at the Corporal's prompting?
5. How was Lisa affected by the imposition of the new rule?
6. When Beatrice finds out that students still think Raymond is mean after he tries to be nice, what advice does Beatrice give Raymond?
7. Back in the classroom in Chapter 3, what suggestion did Lisa have about Beatrice's frustration/jealousy?
8. Why are the dragons confused when the awaken?
9. What happens when Raymond and his friends arrive at the bottom of the mountain?
10. What story does Raymond's father tell?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)