|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter three, which one of Paley's student's now thinks the new rule would be unfair because they want their own friends?
2. When Magpie asks Raymond's father what he wants, what does Raymond's father request?
(d) A story.
3. Raymond tries to help a boy with what kind of work, in Chapter 3?
(a) Pet grooming.
4. Once the new rule was in place in Paley's classroom, who became a rule enforcer?
5. Who finds Raymond and the others together in Chapter 3?
(a) Prince Kareem.
(b) Alexandra's father.
(d) Alexandra's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Raymond is befriended by one character in Chapter 3, who jumps up and "befriends" him next?
2. In Chapter 3 Raymond becomes so frustrated that he cries out for who?
3. What do the dragons believe Raymond's father to be?
4. Once the new rule was imposed, what did Paley get rid of in her classroom?
5. Who do Annabella and Alexandra want to be in pretend play with Raymond?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Beatrice finds out that students still think Raymond is mean after he tries to be nice, what advice does Beatrice give Raymond?
2. Why did some of Paley's student's reference Raymond from the imaginary story in the beginning of Chapter 3?
3. What was Lisa worried about as she was faced with immediate imposition of the new play rule?
4. What did the fifth graders in Chapter 4 tell Paley about the new play rule?
5. How are the dragons encouraged to to explore the world?
6. In Chapter 3, when Raymond announces he wants to play pretend, who joins him?
7. How did Paley respond to her students/ concerns in Chapter 3?
8. What story does Magpie tell at the Corporal's prompting?
9. Why are the dragons confused when the awaken?
10. What story, inspired by Raymond, does Magpie tell in Chapter 3?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)