|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives permission for the dragon to drink the water?
(a) The people.
(b) The queen.
(c) The guard.
(d) The father.
2. In Magpie's story about the baby dragon, what brings the baby dragon back to the land after the other dragon drinks the water?
(a) A bird.
(b) A cloud.
(c) A river.
(d) A rainbow.
3. Once the new rule was imposed, what did Paley get rid of in her classroom?
(a) The "play fair" sign.
(b) The time-out chair.
(c) The time-out box.
(d) The "don't be mean" sign.
4. In Magpie's story in Chapter 3, there are how many dragons in the land?
5. Who lost an egg and thought it was the reason for bad luck?
(a) Corporal Thomas.
(c) Prince Kareem.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3 of the book, who in the imaginary story worries they will never find friends?
2. In Chapter 4, who did Paley's students ask to be protected by the new play rule?
3. Whose life does Raymond's father save?
4. Who do Annabella and Alexandra want to be in pretend play with Raymond?
5. When Magpie asks Raymond's father what he wants, what does Raymond's father request?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)