|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants to let the other dragons have what they want from the mountain?
(a) The dragon people.
(b) The dragon king.
(c) The baby dragon.
(d) The dragon queen.
2. In Chapter 3 we find that Paley has delayed talking to which students about the new rule?
(a) Third graders.
(b) Fifth graders.
(c) Fourth graders.
(d) First graders.
3. Once the new rule was imposed, what did Paley get rid of in her classroom?
(a) The time-out box.
(b) The "play fair" sign.
(c) The time-out chair.
(d) The "don't be mean" sign.
4. Who is sad about the baby dragon being gone away in the sky?
(a) His friends.
(b) The other dragons.
(c) The queen.
(d) His father.
5. In Magpie's story, at what age does the father tell the baby dragon he is old enough to fight?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has an uncle waiting to meet them, according to the end of Chapter 3?
2. When Magpie asks Raymond's father what he wants, what does Raymond's father request?
3. In Chapter 4, Lisa wanted who to like her more than Mary Louise?
4. What pushes the baby dragon far into the sky when he attacks the other dragons?
5. Who used blueberry bushes to lure the dragons away from the cage?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Beatrice finds out that students still think Raymond is mean after he tries to be nice, what advice does Beatrice give Raymond?
2. Who arrives during Raymond's initiated pretend play and what does this person request?
3. In Chapter 3, when Raymond announces he wants to play pretend, who joins him?
4. What happened with loop holes regarding the new play rule according to Paley in Chapter 4?
5. Why are the dragons confused when the awaken?
6. What happens in Chapter 3 when Raymond tries to be nice at school?
7. What happened when Paley visited third graders in Chapter 4?
8. What happens when Raymond and his friends arrive at the bottom of the mountain?
9. What story does Magpie tell at the Corporal's prompting?
10. Why did problems arise with the new play rule and story telling?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)