|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Raymond's pretend play what does Beatrice want to be?
(c) Bad dragon.
(d) Evil eagle.
2. Once the new rule was imposed, what did Paley get rid of in her classroom?
(a) The time-out box.
(b) The "play fair" sign.
(c) The time-out chair.
(d) The "don't be mean" sign.
3. Who is ordered to bring the emperor blueberries?
(b) A flock of geese.
(c) The cook.
4. After Raymond is befriended by one character in Chapter 3, who jumps up and "befriends" him next?
5. In Chapter 3, Raymond wants to pretend he is a what?
(d) Lost baby dragon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which student worried aloud that other students could be mean and hurtful with the new rule, to which other students suggested solutions?
2. Raymond tries to help a girl put what on her doll?
3. Who introduces themselves to Beatrice?
4. Who has an uncle waiting to meet them, according to the end of Chapter 3?
5. Who does Raymond distrust when he wants to pretend play?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do blueberry bushes help rescue Raymond and his father from the cage?
2. How did Paley's students perceive fairness in Chapter 4?
3. What was Lisa worried about as she was faced with immediate imposition of the new play rule?
4. What story, inspired by Raymond, does Magpie tell in Chapter 3?
5. What happened with loop holes regarding the new play rule according to Paley in Chapter 4?
6. Why are the dragons confused when the awaken?
7. What happens when Raymond and his friends arrive at the bottom of the mountain?
8. Why did some of Paley's student's reference Raymond from the imaginary story in the beginning of Chapter 3?
9. What does Raymond reveal about himself in Chapter 4?
10. How did Paley respond to her students/ concerns in Chapter 3?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)