|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invites Raymond and his father to stay in the Kingdom of Tall Pines?
(a) Alexndra's mother.
(b) Prince Kareem.
(c) Princess Aexandra.
(d) Alexandra's father.
2. Who does the emperor decree is the only one who can bring him blueberries?
(a) The flower prince.
(b) Princess Alexandra.
(c) The royal dragon.
(d) Princess Annabella.
3. In Chapter 3 we find that Paley has delayed talking to which students about the new rule?
(a) Fourth graders.
(b) First graders.
(c) Fifth graders.
(d) Third graders.
4. Who does Magpie ask the dragons to be nice to?
(a) The flower people.
(b) Raymond's father.
(c) The ship's crew.
(d) The other dragons.
5. Who agrees to be protection against the eagle?
(b) The flower people.
(c) The ship's crew.
(d) The dragons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pushes the baby dragon into a battle?
2. Back in the imaginary story, who promises not to be a stowaway?
3. Who sees the herd of sleeping dragons first, and calls the others over?
4. Who admits to stealing food, and wants to return it?
5. Who asks to drink some water to save the baby dragon?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Beatrice finds out that students still think Raymond is mean after he tries to be nice, what advice does Beatrice give Raymond?
2. Why did some of Paley's student's reference Raymond from the imaginary story in the beginning of Chapter 3?
3. Why is Beatrice annoyed after the rescue?
4. What did the fifth graders in Chapter 4 tell Paley about the new play rule?
5. What happened when Paley visited third graders in Chapter 4?
6. What was Lisa worried about as she was faced with immediate imposition of the new play rule?
7. What story, inspired by Raymond, does Magpie tell in Chapter 3?
8. What happens in Chapter 3 when Raymond tries to be nice at school?
9. In Chapter 3, when Raymond announces he wants to play pretend, who joins him?
10. What story does Raymond's father tell?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)