|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once the new rule was in place in Paley's classroom, who became a rule enforcer?
2. Who tells their own story in Chapter 4?
(b) Raymond's father.
3. In Chapter three, which one of Paley's student's now thinks the new rule would be unfair because they want their own friends?
4. Who is sad about the baby dragon being gone away in the sky?
(a) His father.
(b) The queen.
(c) His friends.
(d) The other dragons.
5. In Magpie's story about the baby dragon, what brings the baby dragon back to the land after the other dragon drinks the water?
(a) A river.
(b) A cloud.
(c) A bird.
(d) A rainbow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who trains the baby dragon in Magpie's story?
2. In Chapter 3 of the book, who in the imaginary story worries they will never find friends?
3. In Chapter 4 what surprises the dragons when they wake up?
4. Which student from Paley's class suggested the new rule should have solved Beatrice's problem with Annabella and Alexandra?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 3 we find that Paley has decided to do what with her new play rule?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the fifth graders in Chapter 4 tell Paley about the new play rule?
2. Why are the dragons confused when the awaken?
3. How do blueberry bushes help rescue Raymond and his father from the cage?
4. When Beatrice finds out that students still think Raymond is mean after he tries to be nice, what advice does Beatrice give Raymond?
5. Why did problems arise with the new play rule and story telling?
6. What happens when Raymond and his friends arrive at the bottom of the mountain?
7. What happens in Chapter 3, after Magpie tells Raymond he is Raymond's friend?
8. In Chapter 3, after trying to be nice to other students in his School why does Raymond cry out for Magpie?
9. How did Paley's students perceive fairness in Chapter 4?
10. What story does Magpie tell at the Corporal's prompting?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)