|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was sad that the new class would already have the new play rule in place?
(d) Other teachers.
2. Whose cry awakens the dragons?
(d) Prince Kareem.
3. Who trains the baby dragon in Magpie's story?
(a) His father.
(b) The dragon healer.
(c) The royal counselor.
(d) His mother.
4. In the beginning of Chapter 3 we find that Paley has decided to do what with her new play rule?
(a) Toss out.
5. Raymond tries to help a girl put what on her doll?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter three, which one of Paley's student's now thinks the new rule would be unfair because they want their own friends?
2. Who is a member of the royal guard?
3. Who tells Raymond to do bad things on purpose?
4. Who asks Raymond why he is crying out, in Chapter 3?
5. In Chapter 3, when Paley returned to the imaginary story Raymond is on his way where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened with loop holes regarding the new play rule according to Paley in Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 3, after trying to be nice to other students in his School why does Raymond cry out for Magpie?
3. How do blueberry bushes help rescue Raymond and his father from the cage?
4. What happened when Paley visited third graders in Chapter 4?
5. In Magpie's story, inspired by Raymond, why is the father sad?
6. When Beatrice finds out that students still think Raymond is mean after he tries to be nice, what advice does Beatrice give Raymond?
7. What does Raymond reveal about himself in Chapter 4?
8. Why are the dragons confused when the awaken?
9. What happens when Raymond and his friends arrive at the bottom of the mountain?
10. What story, inspired by Raymond, does Magpie tell in Chapter 3?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)