|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who walks away at the end of the Magpie's story about the baby dragon?
(c) Prince Kareem.
2. Who does the father in Magpie's story want the baby dragon to fight?
(a) Yellow tailed dragons.
(b) Orange fire dragons.
(c) Blue humped dragons.
(d) Red scaled dragons.
3. In the beginning of Chapter 3 we find that Paley has decided to do what with her new play rule?
(b) Toss out.
4. Besides Magpie, who wants to accompany Raymond to rescue his father?
(b) Prince Kareem.
5. In Magpie's story about the baby dragon, what are the other dragons taking from the mountain?
(c) Old dragons.
(d) Young dragons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives permission for the dragon to drink the water?
2. What is the name of the fourth grader who asked Paley how the rule is working?
3. In Chapter 3, Raymond wants to pretend he is a what?
4. In Magpie's story about the baby dragon, what brings the baby dragon back to the land after the other dragon drinks the water?
5. Who used blueberry bushes to lure the dragons away from the cage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Magpie tell at the Corporal's prompting?
2. How are the dragons encouraged to to explore the world?
3. What story, inspired by Raymond, does Magpie tell in Chapter 3?
4. What did the fifth graders in Chapter 4 tell Paley about the new play rule?
5. What story does Raymond's father tell?
6. Why is Beatrice annoyed after the rescue?
7. In Chapter 3, after trying to be nice to other students in his School why does Raymond cry out for Magpie?
8. How did Paley's students perceive fairness in Chapter 4?
9. Why are the dragons confused when the awaken?
10. What happens in Chapter 3 when Raymond tries to be nice at school?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)