|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who disagreed with Paley's observation that students complied with the new play rule because they were afraid others would not like them?
2. Who encourages the dragons to explore the world?
(c) Raymond's father.
3. Who asks to drink some water to save the baby dragon?
(a) A yellow tailed dragon.
(b) An orange fire dragon.
(c) A red scaled dragon.
(d) A blue humped dragon.
4. In Magpie's story about the baby dragon, what are the other dragons taking from the mountain?
(b) Old dragons.
(c) Young dragons.
5. Who encourages the emperor to taste blueberries right from the bush?
(b) A young dragon.
(c) Corporal Thomas.
(d) The princess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice become to get near the cage holding Raymond and his father?
2. What does Raymond see in his dreams?
3. Who wants Raymond to live with them?
4. In Chapter 4 what surprises the dragons when they wake up?
5. What is the name of the fourth grader who asked Paley how the rule is working?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3, when Raymond announces he wants to play pretend, who joins him?
2. What happens in Chapter 3, after Magpie tells Raymond he is Raymond's friend?
3. How are the dragons encouraged to to explore the world?
4. Why did problems arise with the new play rule and story telling?
5. What happened when Paley visited third graders in Chapter 4?
6. Why is Beatrice annoyed after the rescue?
7. In Chapter 3, when Magpie ended his story inspired by Raymond, how did Raymond respond?
8. What happened with loop holes regarding the new play rule according to Paley in Chapter 4?
9. What happens in Chapter 3 when Raymond tries to be nice at school?
10. What story does Magpie tell at the Corporal's prompting?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)