|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who admits to stealing food, and wants to return it?
(d) The first mate.
2. In his dream Raymond sees his father inside of what?
(a) A nest.
(b) A ship.
(c) A cave.
(d) A tree.
3. In Magpie's story about the baby dragon, what are the other dragons taking from the mountain?
(b) Young dragons.
(d) Old dragons.
4. Who tells Raymond to do bad things on purpose?
5. Who asks Raymond why he is crying out, in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives permission for the dragon to drink the water?
2. What does Raymond see in his dreams?
3. What do Raymond, Beatrice, Annabella and Alexandra all do together in Chapter 3?
4. What pushes the baby dragon far into the sky when he attacks the other dragons?
5. What does Beatrice become to get near the cage holding Raymond and his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did some of Paley's student's reference Raymond from the imaginary story in the beginning of Chapter 3?
2. Who arrives during Raymond's initiated pretend play and what does this person request?
3. Why did problems arise with the new play rule and story telling?
4. What story does Magpie tell at the Corporal's prompting?
5. What was Lisa worried about as she was faced with immediate imposition of the new play rule?
6. What happened when Paley visited third graders in Chapter 4?
7. What happens in Chapter 3 when Raymond tries to be nice at school?
8. What does Raymond reveal about himself in Chapter 4?
9. How did Paley respond to her students/ concerns in Chapter 3?
10. When Beatrice finds out that students still think Raymond is mean after he tries to be nice, what advice does Beatrice give Raymond?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)