|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who admits to stealing food, and wants to return it?
(b) The first mate.
2. After Raymond is befriended by one character in Chapter 3, who jumps up and "befriends" him next?
3. Who asks to drink some water to save the baby dragon?
(a) An orange fire dragon.
(b) A red scaled dragon.
(c) A blue humped dragon.
(d) A yellow tailed dragon.
4. In Magpie's story about the baby dragon, what are the other dragons taking from the mountain?
(a) Young dragons.
(c) Old dragons.
5. Who inspires the story Magpie tells in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Raymond tries to help a girl put what on her doll?
2. Who asks Raymond why he is crying out, in Chapter 3?
3. Which student from Paley's class suggested the new rule should have solved Beatrice's problem with Annabella and Alexandra?
4. Who does the emperor decree is the only one who can bring him blueberries?
5. Who does Raymond distrust when he wants to pretend play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in Chapter 3, after Magpie tells Raymond he is Raymond's friend?
2. How was Lisa affected by the imposition of the new rule?
3. In Chapter 3, why were Paley's students nervous and what did they do because of their nervousness?
4. Who arrives during Raymond's initiated pretend play and what does this person request?
5. What was Lisa worried about as she was faced with immediate imposition of the new play rule?
6. What did the fifth graders in Chapter 4 tell Paley about the new play rule?
7. How did Paley's students perceive fairness in Chapter 4?
8. What does Raymond reveal about himself in Chapter 4?
9. When Beatrice finds out that students still think Raymond is mean after he tries to be nice, what advice does Beatrice give Raymond?
10. How do blueberry bushes help rescue Raymond and his father from the cage?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)