|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3 Raymond becomes so frustrated that he cries out for who?
(b) His mom.
(d) His dad.
2. In Magpie's story about the baby dragon, what brings the baby dragon back to the land after the other dragon drinks the water?
(a) A river.
(b) A bird.
(c) A cloud.
(d) A rainbow.
3. Who wants Raymond to live with them?
(a) Prince Kareem.
(b) The ship's captain.
(c) The flower people.
4. In Paley's class problems arise when the new play rule is applied to storytelling and what?
(a) Round-Robin Reading.
(c) Free time.
5. Who used blueberry bushes to lure the dragons away from the cage?
(a) The emperor's guards.
(d) Raymond's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose cry awakens the dragons?
2. Who needs help to go to the land of the six mountains?
3. Who encourages the dragons to explore the world?
4. Who invites Raymond and his father to stay in the Kingdom of Tall Pines?
5. Who tells their own story in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3, when Magpie ended his story inspired by Raymond, how did Raymond respond?
2. What was Lisa worried about as she was faced with immediate imposition of the new play rule?
3. Why is Beatrice annoyed after the rescue?
4. What happened when Paley visited third graders in Chapter 4?
5. Back in the classroom in Chapter 3, what suggestion did Lisa have about Beatrice's frustration/jealousy?
6. How are the dragons encouraged to to explore the world?
7. What happens in Chapter 3, after Magpie tells Raymond he is Raymond's friend?
8. What did the fifth graders in Chapter 4 tell Paley about the new play rule?
9. In Chapter 3, why were Paley's students nervous and what did they do because of their nervousness?
10. How did Paley respond to her students/ concerns in Chapter 3?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)