|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his dream Raymond sees his father inside of what?
(a) A tree.
(b) A cave.
(c) A ship.
(d) A nest.
2. Who lets Raymond borrow a carriage?
(a) Prince Kareem.
(b) Prince Orange Flower.
(d) Uncle Orangerio.
3. Who tells Raymond to do bad things on purpose?
4. Who gives permission for the dragon to drink the water?
(a) The father.
(b) The queen.
(c) The people.
(d) The guard.
5. What surrounds the mountain as Raymond and his friends climb?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Raymond cries out in frustration and tells his story, who tells Raymond they are his friend?
2. Raymond tries to help a boy with what kind of work, in Chapter 3?
3. Who tells their own story in Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 4, who did Paley's students ask to be protected by the new play rule?
5. In Magpie's story about the baby dragon, what brings the baby dragon back to the land after the other dragon drinks the water?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Magpie's story, inspired by Raymond, why is the father sad?
2. How did Paley respond to her students/ concerns in Chapter 3?
3. Why is Beatrice annoyed after the rescue?
4. Why did problems arise with the new play rule and story telling?
5. What does Raymond reveal about himself in Chapter 4?
6. Why are the dragons confused when the awaken?
7. What story does Raymond's father tell?
8. What did the fifth graders in Chapter 4 tell Paley about the new play rule?
9. In Chapter 3, after trying to be nice to other students in his School why does Raymond cry out for Magpie?
10. What happens in Chapter 3 when Raymond tries to be nice at school?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)