|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Paley's class problems arise when the new play rule is applied to storytelling and what?
(c) Round-Robin Reading.
(d) Free time.
2. Which student worried aloud that other students could be mean and hurtful with the new rule, to which other students suggested solutions?
3. Who does Raymond distrust when he wants to pretend play?
(a) Beatrice and Magpie.
(c) Annabella and Alexandra.
4. Who walks away at the end of the Magpie's story about the baby dragon?
(d) Prince Kareem.
5. What was the title of Chapter 3 of the author's book about the play rule experiment?
(a) The new order begins.
(b) And so it begins.
(c) Let's get started!
(d) The new rule is imposed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who agrees to be protection against the eagle?
2. In his dream Raymond sees his father inside of what?
3. While playing pretend, who does Raymond want to find?
4. Who encourages the dragons to explore the world?
5. In Chapter 3, Raymond wants to pretend he is a what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Raymond and his friends arrive at the bottom of the mountain?
2. What does Raymond reveal about himself in Chapter 4?
3. Why is Beatrice annoyed after the rescue?
4. In Chapter 3, why were Paley's students nervous and what did they do because of their nervousness?
5. How do blueberry bushes help rescue Raymond and his father from the cage?
6. How was Lisa affected by the imposition of the new rule?
7. How are the dragons encouraged to to explore the world?
8. Back in the classroom in Chapter 3, what suggestion did Lisa have about Beatrice's frustration/jealousy?
9. What story does Magpie tell at the Corporal's prompting?
10. In Chapter 3, when Magpie ended his story inspired by Raymond, how did Raymond respond?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)