|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once the new rule was imposed, what did Paley get rid of in her classroom?
(a) The time-out box.
(b) The "play fair" sign.
(c) The "don't be mean" sign.
(d) The time-out chair.
2. Who needs help to go to the land of the six mountains?
3. Who invites Raymond and his father to stay in the Kingdom of Tall Pines?
(a) Prince Kareem.
(b) Alexandra's father.
(c) Alexndra's mother.
(d) Princess Aexandra.
4. Who is sad about the baby dragon being gone away in the sky?
(a) The queen.
(b) His father.
(c) The other dragons.
(d) His friends.
5. In Chapter 4, Lisa wanted who to like her more than Mary Louise?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who inspires the story Magpie tells in Chapter 3?
2. Who pushes the baby dragon into a battle?
3. In Paley's class problems arise when the new play rule is applied to storytelling and what?
4. Raymond tries to help a boy with what kind of work, in Chapter 3?
5. Who tells their own story in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did some of Paley's student's reference Raymond from the imaginary story in the beginning of Chapter 3?
2. What happens in Chapter 3 when Raymond tries to be nice at school?
3. Why are the dragons confused when the awaken?
4. What story does Raymond's father tell?
5. How are the dragons encouraged to to explore the world?
6. In Chapter 3, when Raymond announces he wants to play pretend, who joins him?
7. Why is Beatrice annoyed after the rescue?
8. In Chapter 3, why were Paley's students nervous and what did they do because of their nervousness?
9. What does Raymond reveal about himself in Chapter 4?
10. What story, inspired by Raymond, does Magpie tell in Chapter 3?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)