|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Magpie's story about the baby dragon, what brings the baby dragon back to the land after the other dragon drinks the water?
(a) A cloud.
(b) A bird.
(c) A river.
(d) A rainbow.
2. Who inspires the story Magpie tells in Chapter 3?
3. After Raymond is befriended by one character in Chapter 3, who jumps up and "befriends" him next?
4. In Chapter 3 Raymond becomes so frustrated that he cries out for who?
(a) His mom.
(b) His dad.
5. In Chapter three, which one of Paley's student's now thinks the new rule would be unfair because they want their own friends?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells their own story in Chapter 4?
2. Raymond tries to help a boy with what kind of work, in Chapter 3?
3. Who asks to drink some water to save the baby dragon?
4. Who trains the baby dragon in Magpie's story?
5. What is the name of the fourth grader who asked Paley how the rule is working?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did problems arise with the new play rule and story telling?
2. What happened with loop holes regarding the new play rule according to Paley in Chapter 4?
3. What was Lisa worried about as she was faced with immediate imposition of the new play rule?
4. What happens in Chapter 3, after Magpie tells Raymond he is Raymond's friend?
5. In Chapter 3, why were Paley's students nervous and what did they do because of their nervousness?
6. What happens when Raymond and his friends arrive at the bottom of the mountain?
7. What does Raymond reveal about himself in Chapter 4?
8. Back in the classroom in Chapter 3, what suggestion did Lisa have about Beatrice's frustration/jealousy?
9. In Chapter 3, after trying to be nice to other students in his School why does Raymond cry out for Magpie?
10. How do blueberry bushes help rescue Raymond and his father from the cage?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)