|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3 we find that Paley has delayed talking to which students about the new rule?
(a) First graders.
(b) Third graders.
(c) Fifth graders.
(d) Fourth graders.
2. Who initially did not pick Lisa to be a part of her story?
3. Which student from Paley's class suggested the new rule should have solved Beatrice's problem with Annabella and Alexandra?
4. Back in the imaginary story, who promises not to be a stowaway?
(a) The flower prince.
5. Who does Raymond distrust when he wants to pretend play?
(a) Beatrice and Magpie.
(b) Annabella and Alexandra.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who admits to stealing food, and wants to return it?
2. Who does Magpie ask the dragons to be nice to?
3. Who makes a welcome home sign for Raymond's father?
4. Besides Magpie, who wants to accompany Raymond to rescue his father?
5. Who inspires the story Magpie tells in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Lisa worried about as she was faced with immediate imposition of the new play rule?
2. How was Lisa affected by the imposition of the new rule?
3. What story, inspired by Raymond, does Magpie tell in Chapter 3?
4. What did the fifth graders in Chapter 4 tell Paley about the new play rule?
5. Who arrives during Raymond's initiated pretend play and what does this person request?
6. How do blueberry bushes help rescue Raymond and his father from the cage?
7. How are the dragons encouraged to to explore the world?
8. What happens in Chapter 3 when Raymond tries to be nice at school?
9. What happened when Paley visited third graders in Chapter 4?
10. What story does Magpie tell at the Corporal's prompting?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)