|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his dream Raymond sees his father inside of what?
(a) A tree.
(b) A cave.
(c) A nest.
(d) A ship.
2. Who used blueberry bushes to lure the dragons away from the cage?
(a) Raymond's father.
(b) The emperor's guards.
3. What does Raymond see in his dreams?
4. In Chapter 3, when Paley returned to the imaginary story Raymond is on his way where?
(a) The ship.
(b) The cave.
5. Which one of Paley's student's who does not like the new rule suggested they bring back bosses during play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the new rule was in place in Paley's classroom, who became a rule enforcer?
2. Who is sad about the baby dragon being gone away in the sky?
3. In Magpie's story who wants the baby dragon to be a fighter?
4. Who admits to stealing food, and wants to return it?
5. Who gives permission for the dragon to drink the water?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Magpie's story, inspired by Raymond, why is the father sad?
2. What happens when Raymond and his friends arrive at the bottom of the mountain?
3. In Chapter 3, after trying to be nice to other students in his School why does Raymond cry out for Magpie?
4. When Beatrice finds out that students still think Raymond is mean after he tries to be nice, what advice does Beatrice give Raymond?
5. How did Paley's students perceive fairness in Chapter 4?
6. What story does Raymond's father tell?
7. Why are the dragons confused when the awaken?
8. In Chapter 3, when Raymond announces he wants to play pretend, who joins him?
9. What story, inspired by Raymond, does Magpie tell in Chapter 3?
10. What was Lisa worried about as she was faced with immediate imposition of the new play rule?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)