|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who agrees to be protection against the eagle?
(a) The flower people.
(b) The dragons.
(d) The ship's crew.
2. Which one of Paley's student's who does not like the new rule suggested they bring back bosses during play?
3. In Magpie's story, at what age does the father tell the baby dragon he is old enough to fight?
4. Who initially did not pick Lisa to be a part of her story?
5. What do Raymond, Beatrice, Annabella and Alexandra all do together in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Raymond tries to help a girl put what on her doll?
2. Which student worried aloud that other students could be mean and hurtful with the new rule, to which other students suggested solutions?
3. Who does the emperor decree is the only one who can bring him blueberries?
4. After Raymond is befriended by one character in Chapter 3, who jumps up and "befriends" him next?
5. In Paley's class problems arise when the new play rule is applied to storytelling and what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who arrives during Raymond's initiated pretend play and what does this person request?
2. What does Raymond reveal about himself in Chapter 4?
3. What was Lisa worried about as she was faced with immediate imposition of the new play rule?
4. Why is Beatrice annoyed after the rescue?
5. What happens when Raymond and his friends arrive at the bottom of the mountain?
6. What story does Raymond's father tell?
7. How was Lisa affected by the imposition of the new rule?
8. How did Paley respond to her students/ concerns in Chapter 3?
9. In Magpie's story, inspired by Raymond, why is the father sad?
10. What story, inspired by Raymond, does Magpie tell in Chapter 3?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)