|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once the new rule was imposed, what did Paley get rid of in her classroom?
(a) The time-out chair.
(b) The "don't be mean" sign.
(c) The time-out box.
(d) The "play fair" sign.
2. In Chapter 3 Raymond becomes so frustrated that he cries out for who?
(b) His mom.
(c) His dad.
3. Who pushes the baby dragon into a battle?
(a) The father.
(b) The guard.
(c) The other dragons.
(d) The queen.
4. Back in the imaginary story, who promises not to be a stowaway?
(a) The flower prince.
5. Whose cry awakens the dragons?
(a) Prince Kareem.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduces themselves to Beatrice?
2. Who does Magpie befriend in Chapter 3, also referenced by Paley's students as mean and alone?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 3 we find that Paley has decided to do what with her new play rule?
4. Besides Magpie, who wants to accompany Raymond to rescue his father?
5. In Chapter 3 we find that Paley has delayed talking to which students about the new rule?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the dragons encouraged to to explore the world?
2. How did Paley respond to her students/ concerns in Chapter 3?
3. Why did problems arise with the new play rule and story telling?
4. In Chapter 3, when Raymond announces he wants to play pretend, who joins him?
5. Why is Beatrice annoyed after the rescue?
6. Why did some of Paley's student's reference Raymond from the imaginary story in the beginning of Chapter 3?
7. Why are the dragons confused when the awaken?
8. What story does Raymond's father tell?
9. In Magpie's story, inspired by Raymond, why is the father sad?
10. What happens when Raymond and his friends arrive at the bottom of the mountain?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)