|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the father in Magpie's story want the baby dragon to fight?
(a) Yellow tailed dragons.
(b) Orange fire dragons.
(c) Red scaled dragons.
(d) Blue humped dragons.
2. After Raymond cries out in frustration and tells his story, who tells Raymond they are his friend?
(c) Prince Kareem.
3. Who was sad that the new class would already have the new play rule in place?
(a) Other teachers.
4. In Magpie's story about the baby dragon, what brings the baby dragon back to the land after the other dragon drinks the water?
(a) A river.
(b) A rainbow.
(c) A cloud.
(d) A bird.
5. In the beginning of Chapter 3 we find that Paley has decided to do what with her new play rule?
(c) Toss out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to let the other dragons have what they want from the mountain?
2. Once the new rule was imposed, what did Paley get rid of in her classroom?
3. Whose life does Raymond's father save?
4. In Chapter 4, who did Paley's students ask to be protected by the new play rule?
5. In Chapter 3 of the book, who in the imaginary story worries they will never find friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Paley visited third graders in Chapter 4?
2. In Magpie's story, inspired by Raymond, why is the father sad?
3. How did Paley respond to her students/ concerns in Chapter 3?
4. What story does Magpie tell at the Corporal's prompting?
5. What story does Raymond's father tell?
6. How do blueberry bushes help rescue Raymond and his father from the cage?
7. What happens in Chapter 3 when Raymond tries to be nice at school?
8. How are the dragons encouraged to to explore the world?
9. In Chapter 3, after trying to be nice to other students in his School why does Raymond cry out for Magpie?
10. How was Lisa affected by the imposition of the new rule?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)