|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants Raymond to live with them?
(b) The ship's captain.
(c) The flower people.
(d) Prince Kareem.
2. Once the new rule was in place in Paley's classroom, who became a rule enforcer?
3. In Chapter 3, Raymond wants to pretend he is a what?
(b) Lost baby dragon.
4. Who inspires the story Magpie tells in Chapter 3?
5. Who agrees to be protection against the eagle?
(a) The flower people.
(c) The ship's crew.
(d) The dragons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Back in the imaginary story, who reveals running away from home?
2. Once the new rule was imposed, what did Paley get rid of in her classroom?
3. Who lets Raymond borrow a carriage?
4. What is the name of the fourth grader who asked Paley how the rule is working?
5. Who makes a welcome home sign for Raymond's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the dragons confused when the awaken?
2. Who arrives during Raymond's initiated pretend play and what does this person request?
3. What did the fifth graders in Chapter 4 tell Paley about the new play rule?
4. In Magpie's story, inspired by Raymond, why is the father sad?
5. What story does Raymond's father tell?
6. What story, inspired by Raymond, does Magpie tell in Chapter 3?
7. Why did problems arise with the new play rule and story telling?
8. When Beatrice finds out that students still think Raymond is mean after he tries to be nice, what advice does Beatrice give Raymond?
9. How are the dragons encouraged to to explore the world?
10. In Chapter 3, when Raymond announces he wants to play pretend, who joins him?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)