|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Clara, one of Paley's students, said she is rejected by whom?
(a) Lisa and Ben.
(b) Angelo and Cynthia.
(c) Alex and Lisa.
(d) Cynthia and Lisa.
2. Prince Kareem is writing a book about what?
3. What sound does Magpie imitate to get the eagle to leave it's nest so the rescue will be successful?
(a) Larger prey.
(c) Eagle's call.
(d) Trapped mouse.
4. Once night falls on the journey to Magpie's Kingdom Home, they stop for the night, and Annabella spies what as she prepares her bed?
5. Which grade revealed during questioning about the fairness of the new rule that they remembered it is bad not to let other kids play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Inside the castle Magpie finds a girl doing what?
2. In Chapter 1, who wondered whether Paley had the authority to change the rules of play?
3. While other students in Paley's class create pictures of various story characters, Lisa drew which character?
4. When Annabella and her father reach the shore for Magpie's Kingdom home who is there to greet them besides Alexandra?
5. In Annabella's castle, singing used to attract what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the point of play, according to Paley's students in Chapter 1?
2. Why did Paley put up a sign with a new rule for play, and what was her the response of her class?
3. What did Paley realize about Lisa back in the classroom, in Chapter 2?
4. Back in the class, in Chapter 2, why was Nelson rejected in play?
5. In Chapter 2, we find out that the teachers were interested in Paley's new play rule, but didn't realize what?
6. According to Paley what social practice happens daily, and how did Angelo relate to this statement?
7. In Chapter 1, Magpie tells a story. What is it about?
8. What do the tiny people tell Magpie and Annabella about the Seventh mountain?
9. In Chapter 1 Paley's students argued about what the play rule should be and could not agree. Why?
10. Following Magpie after the moving flowers over the mountain, what do they discover?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)