|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the ship's crew and captain upset, as Annabella and her father learn once aboard?
(a) The ship is damaged.
(b) They will be delayed one day.
(c) There is a storm coming.
(d) There is a food thief on board.
2. Which grade, during Paley's inquiries in Chapter 2, insisted that they have become too mean to use the new rule and think it should be introduced earlier?
3. Who draws a picture of Magpie and tapes it to the wall?
(c) Prince Kareem.
4. In the story Magpie told to the flower prince, what does the eagle steal?
(a) A small child.
(b) A dog.
(c) A queen.
(d) A magpie.
5. After climbing the mountain path, Annabella discovers that the tiny people live inside of what?
(b) Tree Trunks.
(c) Sea Shells.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, after Lisa told her story, Paley realized that Lisa wanted to be like who from the imaginary story?
2. Once it becomes night, Magpie directs his rescue companions to turn back because they can not do what?
3. Why was Angelo sad in Chapter 1?
4. After leaving the tiny flower people, Annabella, her father, and Magpie leave and cross the ___ mountain.
5. According to Paley in Chapter 1, some of the children believed that the point of play was to show what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in Chapter 3 when Raymond tries to be nice at school?
2. What was the point of play, according to Paley's students in Chapter 1?
3. What does Kareem tell Annabella about the flowers that close up after she tried to pick them in the desert?
4. What happened when Paley visited third graders in Chapter 4?
5. Beatrice overhears Annabella and Alexandra agreeing to be friends, and does what about this, and why?
6. When Beatrice finds out that students still think Raymond is mean after he tries to be nice, what advice does Beatrice give Raymond?
7. Why are the dragons confused when the awaken?
8. What story does Magpie tell at the Corporal's prompting?
9. What happens when Raymond and his friends arrive at the bottom of the mountain?
10. What story does Raymond's father tell?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)