|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the tiny people, the unsafe mountain is surrounded by ____ and clouds.
(d) Tall trees.
2. What is the name of the Kingdom from which Magpie has come?
(a) The Kingdom of Tall Pines.
(b) The Kingdom of Kings and Queens.
(c) The Kingdom of Playful Fairies.
(d) The Bird Kingdom.
3. Who plots and digs a hole for Annabella to get trapped in?
(c) The flower prince.
4. Paley looked back at discussions with her students and decided that play develops ____ and that this also develops out of play.
5. At the end of Chapter 2, Paley's story revealed that this person was the thief from the ship.
(b) Uncle Orangerio.
(c) The flower prince.
(d) The captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Annabella and her father board the waiting ship?
2. In the story about the lonely princess, the bird helps the princess find a ___ child.
3. What grade, during Paley's inquiries in Chapter 2, thought the new play rule would work on Paley's class but not them because it was too late?
4. Once it becomes night, Magpie directs his rescue companions to turn back because they can not do what?
5. Back in Paley's classroom, which one of Paley's students told their own story where everyone plays?
Short Essay Questions
1. Magpie and Annabella offer to help rescue the flower prince. What happens with the rescue?
2. According to details in Chapter 1, how are Annabella and Alexandra different in appearance from each other?
3. One general lesson Paley drew about play in Chapter 1 dealt with friendship. Explain.
4. Following Magpie after the moving flowers over the mountain, what do they discover?
5. Why did Paley put up a sign with a new rule for play, and what was her the response of her class?
6. In Chapter 2, what does it mean when Annabella and the others hear a bell near the sea shore?
7. After Magpie shares the story of the lonely princess, how does Annabella respond?
8. How did the second graders respond when Paley asked them about having bosses during play?
9. Back in the class, in Chapter 2, why was Nelson rejected in play?
10. In Chapter 1, how did Paley go about getting her students to accept this new play rule?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)