|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Magpie in Chapter 1, how many children live in the Kingdom that he calls home?
2. Why was Angelo sad in Chapter 1?
(a) He forgot his toy for show and tell.
(b) He dreamed of being alone.
(c) He forgot the rule.
(d) His best friend moved.
3. As the journey to Magpie's Kingdom home reaches the sea, they realize they are about to miss the ship because they hear what in the distance?
4. Who does Magpie fly on his back to help him during the rescue involving the eagle?
(a) Prince Oraneg Anther.
(b) Prince Orange Flower.
(c) Uncle Oranger.
(d) Uncle Orangerio.
5. Who introduces Magpie to Prince Kareem?
(a) No one.
(d) The Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who draws a picture of Magpie and tapes it to the wall?
2. Inside the castle Magpie finds a girl doing what?
3. What sound does Magpie imitate to get the eagle to leave it's nest so the rescue will be successful?
4. Magpie tells Annabella about Alexandra who is a ___ at Magpie's home castle.
5. Which grade revealed during questioning about the fairness of the new rule that they remembered it is bad not to let other kids play?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 2, we find out that the teachers were interested in Paley's new play rule, but didn't realize what?
2. What did Paley realize about Lisa back in the classroom, in Chapter 2?
3. How were the second and third graders' responses to Paley's inquiries similar?
4. Back in the class, in Chapter 2, why was Nelson rejected in play?
5. Once the lonely princess is stranded and can not get back home from playing with the fairies, how does she end up getting home?
6. In Chapter 1, how did Paley go about getting her students to accept this new play rule?
7. Magpie and Annabella offer to help rescue the flower prince. What happens with the rescue?
8. One general lesson Paley drew about play in Chapter 1 dealt with friendship. Explain.
9. Why did Paley put up a sign with a new rule for play, and what was her the response of her class?
10. What do the tiny people tell Magpie and Annabella about the Seventh mountain?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)