|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Magpie's story to the flower prince, the hero boy threw stinging liquid back at what creature?
(a) Mean Magpie.
(b) Giant Eagle.
(d) Sea Serpant.
2. Beatrice has a sister named what?
3. What sound does Magpie imitate to get the eagle to leave it's nest so the rescue will be successful?
(b) Trapped mouse.
(c) Larger prey.
(d) Eagle's call.
4. Annabella leads Magpie down where in the story?
(a) A stairway.
(b) A tunnel.
(c) A path.
(d) A hole.
5. What is the name of the Kingdom from which Magpie has come?
(a) The Kingdom of Tall Pines.
(b) The Kingdom of Playful Fairies.
(c) The Kingdom of Kings and Queens.
(d) The Bird Kingdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a news story Magpie tells the flower prince, the hero boy defeats a lizard with what?
2. In Paley's mind, the Magpie helped her by flying around the castle how many times?
3. How many kids from Paley's class seemed happy about this new rule?
4. Who draws a picture of Magpie and tapes it to the wall?
5. Who introduces Magpie to Prince Kareem?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Paley discover from talking to students about the "bosses" in play?
2. What did second graders tell Paley when she did her inquiry with them?
3. According to details in Chapter 1, how are Annabella and Alexandra different in appearance from each other?
4. In Chapter 2, what does Magpie do to help the people deal with a crying flower prince and how does flower prince respond?
5. Following Magpie after the moving flowers over the mountain, what do they discover?
6. In Chapter 2, what does it mean when Annabella and the others hear a bell near the sea shore?
7. When speaking in Arizona, Paley discovered two ways teachers handled the rejection involved in play. What are they?
8. What happens while Annabella is bedding down for the night during the journey to Tall Pines?
9. How did the second graders respond when Paley asked them about having bosses during play?
10. Once the lonely princess is stranded and can not get back home from playing with the fairies, how does she end up getting home?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)