|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ___ flowers close up when Annabella reaches to pluck one for her father.
2. In Magpie's story to the flower prince, the hero boy threw stinging liquid back at what creature?
(a) Giant Eagle.
(c) Mean Magpie.
(d) Sea Serpant.
3. According to Paley in Chapter 1, some of the children believed that the point of play was to show what?
(b) Who is boss.
(c) How smart some kids are.
4. After leaving the tiny flower people, Annabella, her father, and Magpie leave and cross the ___ mountain.
5. Once night falls on the journey to Magpie's Kingdom Home, they stop for the night, and Annabella spies what as she prepares her bed?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Magpie's story when can the lonely princess be with the child?
2. What is the name of the Kingdom from which Magpie has come?
3. Annabella leads Magpie down where in the story?
4. How many kids from Paley's class seemed happy about this new rule?
5. At the end of Chapter 2, Paley's story revealed that this person was the thief from the ship.
Short Essay Questions
1. Beatrice overhears Annabella and Alexandra agreeing to be friends, and does what about this, and why?
2. One general lesson Paley drew about play in Chapter 1 dealt with friendship. Explain.
3. After Magpie shares the story of the lonely princess, how does Annabella respond?
4. In Magpie's story why is it important for the lonely princess to only play with the fairy child during the day, and what happens when she forgets this rule?
5. What do the tiny people tell Magpie and Annabella about the Seventh mountain?
6. In Chapter 2, what does it mean when Annabella and the others hear a bell near the sea shore?
7. In Chapter 2, we find out that the teachers were interested in Paley's new play rule, but didn't realize what?
8. What does Kareem tell Annabella about the flowers that close up after she tried to pick them in the desert?
9. Why did Paley put up a sign with a new rule for play, and what was her the response of her class?
10. Why weren't Paley's students as excited as Annabella about new kids with whom they can play?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)