|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Magpie in Chapter 1, how many children live in the Kingdom that he calls home?
2. Running alongside Magpie down a mountain, following a crisis, Annabella and Magpie discover an eagle has stolen what from some tiny people?
(a) A small child.
(b) A pet.
3. Nelson is rejected in play because he did not want to play what role chosen by other children?
(a) GI Joe Traitor.
(b) Bad Transformer.
4. What sound does Magpie imitate to get the eagle to leave it's nest so the rescue will be successful?
(b) Eagle's call.
(c) Trapped mouse.
(d) Larger prey.
5. What do the girls ask Beatrice to do to Raymond?
(a) Tie his shoe laces together.
(b) Make him bald.
(c) Make him disappear.
(d) Turn him into a frog.
Short Answer Questions
1. At sundown, what does the lonely princess lose, according to magpie's story?
2. In Chapter 2, after Lisa told her story, Paley realized that Lisa wanted to be like who from the imaginary story?
3. In Annabella's castle, singing used to attract what?
4. The girl inside the castle is named Annabella and she is descended from ___ kings and queens.
5. Who is Maruska?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did problems arise with the new play rule and story telling?
2. In Magpie's story, inspired by Raymond, why is the father sad?
3. Once the lonely princess is stranded and can not get back home from playing with the fairies, how does she end up getting home?
4. In Chapter 2, we find out that the teachers were interested in Paley's new play rule, but didn't realize what?
5. When Beatrice finds out that students still think Raymond is mean after he tries to be nice, what advice does Beatrice give Raymond?
6. How did Paley respond to her students/ concerns in Chapter 3?
7. According to details in Chapter 1, how are Annabella and Alexandra different in appearance from each other?
8. What did Paley discover from talking to students about the "bosses" in play?
9. What story, inspired by Raymond, does Magpie tell in Chapter 3?
10. In Chapter 1, how did teachers reinforce loneliness in children?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)