|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Magpie tells Annabella about Alexandra who is a ___ at Magpie's home castle.
2. Magpie asks Raymond to help him rescue what animal?
3. When the flower prince discovers that Annabella can not stay and live with him what does he do?
(a) Leave with her.
(b) Kidnap her.
(c) Run away.
4. In Magpie's story to the flower prince, the hero boy threw stinging liquid back at what creature?
(a) Giant Eagle.
(c) Sea Serpant.
(d) Mean Magpie.
5. What grade, during Paley's inquiries in Chapter 2, thought the new play rule would work on Paley's class but not them because it was too late?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who draws a picture of Magpie and tapes it to the wall?
2. Raymond enters this place and his mother is not there.
3. Nelson is rejected in play because he did not want to play what role chosen by other children?
4. Running alongside Magpie down a mountain, following a crisis, Annabella and Magpie discover an eagle has stolen what from some tiny people?
5. The tiny people reveal they are usually safe, except when they climb which mountain?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does it mean when Annabella and the others hear a bell near the sea shore?
2. Why did Paley put up a sign with a new rule for play, and what was her the response of her class?
3. In Chapter 1, Magpie tells a story. What is it about?
4. What do the tiny people tell Magpie and Annabella about the Seventh mountain?
5. One general lesson Paley drew about play in Chapter 1 dealt with friendship. Explain.
6. In Chapter 1, how did teachers reinforce loneliness in children?
7. What does Kareem tell Annabella about the flowers that close up after she tried to pick them in the desert?
8. According to details in Chapter 1, how are Annabella and Alexandra different in appearance from each other?
9. Magpie and Annabella offer to help rescue the flower prince. What happens with the rescue?
10. What did Paley discover from talking to students about the "bosses" in play?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)