|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beatrice has a sister named what?
2. As Raymond leaves to see his mother, who follows Raymond?
3. Besides Annabella, who accompanies Magpie when Magpie goes to rescue the small child from the eagle?
(a) Orange Flower.
(d) Orange Anther.
4. Paley told her class a story to help them ___ the new rule.
5. In Chapter 2, who comforts Beatrice after she cries and helps her feel accepted?
(a) Prince Kareem.
(b) Mary Louise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paley allow her students to doodle on during class?
2. The tiny people reveal they are usually safe, except when they climb which mountain?
3. Magpie and Kareem discover that they are both what?
4. How many kids from Paley's class seemed happy about this new rule?
5. How do Annabella and Prince Kareem travel to Magpie's Kingdom home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens while Annabella is bedding down for the night during the journey to Tall Pines?
2. What was the point of play, according to Paley's students in Chapter 1?
3. What does Kareem tell Annabella about the flowers that close up after she tried to pick them in the desert?
4. In Chapter 1, how did teachers reinforce loneliness in children?
5. Back in the class, in Chapter 2, why was Nelson rejected in play?
6. What did Paley discover from talking to students about the "bosses" in play?
7. How did the second graders respond when Paley asked them about having bosses during play?
8. Why weren't Paley's students as excited as Annabella about new kids with whom they can play?
9. One general lesson Paley drew about play in Chapter 1 dealt with friendship. Explain.
10. According to Paley what social practice happens daily, and how did Angelo relate to this statement?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)