|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Queen's son that needs to be rescued?
(b) Orange Anther.
(c) Orange Flower.
2. Whom does the flower prince love?
3. How many kids from Paley's class seemed happy about this new rule?
4. Magpie tells a story about a lonely princess who wished for what to come and help her?
(a) A bird.
(b) A fairy Godmother.
(c) A magician.
(d) A witch.
5. According to Magpie in Chapter 1, how many children live in the Kingdom that he calls home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Under a ___ tree Magpie watches two people argue about him after his birth.
2. When Annabella and her father reach the shore for Magpie's Kingdom home who is there to greet them besides Alexandra?
3. As the journey to Magpie's Kingdom home reaches the sea, they realize they are about to miss the ship because they hear what in the distance?
4. In Magpie's story, on what day does the lonely princess forget the rules while she is with her new friends?
5. Why are the ship's crew and captain upset, as Annabella and her father learn once aboard?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does Magpie do to help the people deal with a crying flower prince and how does flower prince respond?
2. Beatrice overhears Annabella and Alexandra agreeing to be friends, and does what about this, and why?
3. What did second graders tell Paley when she did her inquiry with them?
4. In reviewing her notes, before speaking in Arizona, Paley noticed that her students had expressed what reasons for opposing the rule?
5. What does Kareem tell Annabella about the flowers that close up after she tried to pick them in the desert?
6. How did the second graders respond when Paley asked them about having bosses during play?
7. In Chapter 1, how did Paley go about getting her students to accept this new play rule?
8. In Chapter 1 Paley's students argued about what the play rule should be and could not agree. Why?
9. What did Paley discover from talking to students about the "bosses" in play?
10. Following Magpie after the moving flowers over the mountain, what do they discover?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)