|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Another Paley student, Nelson, said that who won't let him play?
2. According to Magpie in Chapter 1, how many children live in the Kingdom that he calls home?
3. Who jumps into the hole with Annabella?
4. Who plots and digs a hole for Annabella to get trapped in?
(c) The flower prince.
5. Which grade revealed during questioning about the fairness of the new rule that they remembered it is bad not to let other kids play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Prince Kareem about Magpie?
2. Besides Ben, what other child has decided Nelson should play an unflattering role during play?
3. Besides Annabella, who accompanies Magpie when Magpie goes to rescue the small child from the eagle?
4. Magpie is found alone and under this, after birth?
5. In Chapter 1, who wondered whether Paley had the authority to change the rules of play?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does it mean when Annabella and the others hear a bell near the sea shore?
2. What happens while Annabella is bedding down for the night during the journey to Tall Pines?
3. Once the lonely princess is stranded and can not get back home from playing with the fairies, how does she end up getting home?
4. In Chapter 2 we are introduced to Raymond. Who is he?
5. After Magpie shares the story of the lonely princess, how does Annabella respond?
6. In Chapter 2, what does Magpie do to help the people deal with a crying flower prince and how does flower prince respond?
7. Why did Paley put up a sign with a new rule for play, and what was her the response of her class?
8. Magpie and Annabella offer to help rescue the flower prince. What happens with the rescue?
9. In reviewing her notes, before speaking in Arizona, Paley noticed that her students had expressed what reasons for opposing the rule?
10. In Chapter 1, how did Paley go about getting her students to accept this new play rule?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)