|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Paley left her seemingly unhappy and stressed classroom to go to ___ to speak about happy classrooms.
(a) West Virginia.
2. In Magpie's story to the flower prince, the hero boy threw stinging liquid back at what creature?
(b) Sea Serpant.
(c) Giant Eagle.
(d) Mean Magpie.
3. Who reinforced the loneliness of outcast students, according to Paley in Chapter 1?
4. According to Magpie in Chapter 1, how many children live in the Kingdom that he calls home?
5. Running alongside Magpie down a mountain, following a crisis, Annabella and Magpie discover an eagle has stolen what from some tiny people?
(a) A small child.
(b) A pet.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the flower prince discovers that Annabella can not stay and live with him what does he do?
2. According to Magpie's story when can the lonely princess be with the child?
3. Who is not there to meet Annabella and her father when they arrive on shore at Magpie's Kingdom home?
4. After Magpie finished telling a story to the flower prince, the flower prince laughed and gave Magpie what?
5. After leaving the tiny flower people, Annabella, her father, and Magpie leave and cross the ___ mountain.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why weren't Paley's students as excited as Annabella about new kids with whom they can play?
2. What happens while Annabella is bedding down for the night during the journey to Tall Pines?
3. What do the tiny people tell Magpie and Annabella about the Seventh mountain?
4. In Chapter 1, how did Paley go about getting her students to accept this new play rule?
5. Following Magpie after the moving flowers over the mountain, what do they discover?
6. Once the lonely princess is stranded and can not get back home from playing with the fairies, how does she end up getting home?
7. According to Paley what social practice happens daily, and how did Angelo relate to this statement?
8. What did second graders tell Paley when she did her inquiry with them?
9. In Chapter 2, what does Magpie do to help the people deal with a crying flower prince and how does flower prince respond?
10. Beatrice overhears Annabella and Alexandra agreeing to be friends, and does what about this, and why?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)