|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1 what deceased person does Prince Kareem refer when answering Magpie?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) The King.
(d) His wife.
2. After climbing the mountain path, Annabella discovers that the tiny people live inside of what?
(a) Sea Shells.
(c) Tree Trunks.
3. After leaving the tiny flower people, Annabella, her father, and Magpie leave and cross the ___ mountain.
4. Which one of Paley's student's did not understand the Magpie story, and Paley explained about the Magpie in her mind?
5. Clara, one of Paley's students, said she is rejected by whom?
(a) Cynthia and Lisa.
(b) Angelo and Cynthia.
(c) Lisa and Ben.
(d) Alex and Lisa.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the tiny people, the unsafe mountain is surrounded by ____ and clouds.
2. While other students in Paley's class create pictures of various story characters, Lisa drew which character?
3. When the flower prince discovers that Annabella can not stay and live with him what does he do?
4. According to Paley in Chapter 1, some of the children believed that the point of play was to show what?
5. Who jumps into the hole with Annabella?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 1, how did Paley go about getting her students to accept this new play rule?
2. In Chapter 2, what does Magpie do to help the people deal with a crying flower prince and how does flower prince respond?
3. What did Paley realize about Lisa back in the classroom, in Chapter 2?
4. In Chapter 2, we find out that the teachers were interested in Paley's new play rule, but didn't realize what?
5. What convinces Annabella and Prince Kareem to accompany Magpie to his Kingdom home?
6. What happens while Annabella is bedding down for the night during the journey to Tall Pines?
7. Beatrice overhears Annabella and Alexandra agreeing to be friends, and does what about this, and why?
8. What was the point of play, according to Paley's students in Chapter 1?
9. Magpie and Annabella offer to help rescue the flower prince. What happens with the rescue?
10. What did Paley discover from talking to students about the "bosses" in play?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)