|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Back in Paley's classroom, which one of Paley's students told their own story where everyone plays?
2. How old was the author when she decides to set out to thwart this practice of "You can't play?"
3. Inside the castle Magpie finds a girl doing what?
(d) Brushing a doll's hair.
4. On the journey to Magpie's Kingdom home, they reach ___ where Annabella wants to stop and smell the flowers.
(a) A River.
(b) The Dessert.
(c) A Valley.
(d) A Water Fall.
5. In Paley's mind, the Magpie helped her by flying around the castle how many times?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the tiny people's Queen?
2. Who reinforced the loneliness of outcast students, according to Paley in Chapter 1?
3. Magpie is found alone and under this, after birth?
4. According to the tiny people, the unsafe mountain is surrounded by ____ and clouds.
5. What surprises Prince Kareem about Magpie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did second graders tell Paley when she did her inquiry with them?
2. In Chapter 2 we are introduced to Raymond. Who is he?
3. How did the second graders respond when Paley asked them about having bosses during play?
4. Back in the class, in Chapter 2, why was Nelson rejected in play?
5. Why weren't Paley's students as excited as Annabella about new kids with whom they can play?
6. What did Paley realize about Lisa back in the classroom, in Chapter 2?
7. According to Paley what social practice happens daily, and how did Angelo relate to this statement?
8. Following Magpie after the moving flowers over the mountain, what do they discover?
9. Once the lonely princess is stranded and can not get back home from playing with the fairies, how does she end up getting home?
10. What did Paley discover from talking to students about the "bosses" in play?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)