|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of Paley's student's did not understand the Magpie story, and Paley explained about the Magpie in her mind?
2. Who encourages the girls to invite Raymond over?
(c) Annabella's father.
(d) Alexandra's father.
3. What color is Raymond's hair?
4. At sundown, what does the lonely princess lose, according to magpie's story?
(a) Her magic.
(b) Her hearing.
(c) Her eyesight.
(d) Her wings.
5. Who is Maruska?
(a) Kareem's wife.
(b) Annabella's doll.
(c) Paley's teaching assistant.
(d) Alexandra's friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the tiny people's Queen?
2. In Paley's discussion with ___ graders, in Chapter 2, she discovered that they find it much easier when playing to just accept a boss.
3. Who is sitting behind a tree and thinking she is not as nice as Magpie thinks she is, as Annabella and her father arrive in Magpie's Kingdom home?
4. In Annabella's castle, singing used to attract what?
5. In a news story Magpie tells the flower prince, the hero boy defeats a lizard with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the second graders respond when Paley asked them about having bosses during play?
2. Back in the class, in Chapter 2, why was Nelson rejected in play?
3. How were the second and third graders' responses to Paley's inquiries similar?
4. In Chapter 2 we are introduced to Raymond. Who is he?
5. In Chapter 2, what does Magpie do to help the people deal with a crying flower prince and how does flower prince respond?
6. What did Paley discover from talking to students about the "bosses" in play?
7. What was the point of play, according to Paley's students in Chapter 1?
8. Following Magpie after the moving flowers over the mountain, what do they discover?
9. What convinces Annabella and Prince Kareem to accompany Magpie to his Kingdom home?
10. What did Paley realize about Lisa back in the classroom, in Chapter 2?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)