|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Kingdom from which Magpie has come?
(a) The Kingdom of Playful Fairies.
(b) The Kingdom of Tall Pines.
(c) The Bird Kingdom.
(d) The Kingdom of Kings and Queens.
2. Who almost steps on Magpie after his birth?
3. According to Magpie in Chapter 1, how many children live in the Kingdom that he calls home?
4. Inside the castle Magpie finds a girl doing what?
(b) Brushing a doll's hair.
5. Who raises Magpie?
Short Answer Questions
1. At sundown, what does the lonely princess lose, according to magpie's story?
2. After leaving the tiny flower people, Annabella, her father, and Magpie leave and cross the ___ mountain.
3. What grade, during Paley's inquiries in Chapter 2, thought the new play rule would work on Paley's class but not them because it was too late?
4. According to the tiny people, the unsafe mountain is surrounded by ____ and clouds.
5. In Chapter 1 what deceased person does Prince Kareem refer when answering Magpie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the tiny people tell Magpie and Annabella about the Seventh mountain?
2. Following Magpie after the moving flowers over the mountain, what do they discover?
3. In Chapter 1, Magpie tells a story. What is it about?
4. What did second graders tell Paley when she did her inquiry with them?
5. In Chapter 2, what does Magpie do to help the people deal with a crying flower prince and how does flower prince respond?
6. In Chapter 1, how did teachers reinforce loneliness in children?
7. Back in the class, in Chapter 2, why was Nelson rejected in play?
8. What was the point of play, according to Paley's students in Chapter 1?
9. After Magpie shares the story of the lonely princess, how does Annabella respond?
10. What did Paley discover from talking to students about the "bosses" in play?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)