|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Raymond's hair?
2. In Chapter 2, who comforts Beatrice after she cries and helps her feel accepted?
(a) Prince Kareem.
(d) Mary Louise.
3. How many kids from Paley's class seemed happy about this new rule?
4. In Paley's discussion with ___ graders, in Chapter 2, she discovered that they find it much easier when playing to just accept a boss.
5. According to Magpie in Chapter 1, how many children live in the Kingdom that he calls home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Once night falls on the journey to Magpie's Kingdom Home, they stop for the night, and Annabella spies what as she prepares her bed?
2. After Magpie finished telling a story to the flower prince, the flower prince laughed and gave Magpie what?
3. In the story Magpie told to the flower prince, what does the eagle steal?
4. After leaving the tiny flower people, Annabella, her father, and Magpie leave and cross the ___ mountain.
5. Who jumps into the hole with Annabella?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kareem tell Annabella about the flowers that close up after she tried to pick them in the desert?
2. What do the tiny people tell Magpie and Annabella about the Seventh mountain?
3. Back in the class, in Chapter 2, why was Nelson rejected in play?
4. In Chapter 1, Magpie tells a story. What is it about?
5. Following Magpie after the moving flowers over the mountain, what do they discover?
6. What did Paley discover from talking to students about the "bosses" in play?
7. Magpie and Annabella offer to help rescue the flower prince. What happens with the rescue?
8. In Chapter 2, we find out that the teachers were interested in Paley's new play rule, but didn't realize what?
9. What was the point of play, according to Paley's students in Chapter 1?
10. What did second graders tell Paley when she did her inquiry with them?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)