|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Magpie asks Raymond to help him rescue what animal?
2. Paley left her seemingly unhappy and stressed classroom to go to ___ to speak about happy classrooms.
(b) West Virginia.
3. Who is sitting behind a tree and thinking she is not as nice as Magpie thinks she is, as Annabella and her father arrive in Magpie's Kingdom home?
(a) Queen Orangelina.
4. Who encourages the girls to invite Raymond over?
(c) Alexandra's father.
(d) Annabella's father.
5. Annabella leads Magpie down where in the story?
(a) A stairway.
(b) A path.
(c) A tunnel.
(d) A hole.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Raymond leaves to see his mother, who follows Raymond?
2. How old was the author when she decides to set out to thwart this practice of "You can't play?"
3. Raymond enters this place and his mother is not there.
4. While other students in Paley's class create pictures of various story characters, Lisa drew which character?
5. What surprises Prince Kareem about Magpie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened with loop holes regarding the new play rule according to Paley in Chapter 4?
2. Why did problems arise with the new play rule and story telling?
3. According to details in Chapter 1, how are Annabella and Alexandra different in appearance from each other?
4. In Magpie's story why is it important for the lonely princess to only play with the fairy child during the day, and what happens when she forgets this rule?
5. What happens in Chapter 3 when Raymond tries to be nice at school?
6. Once the lonely princess is stranded and can not get back home from playing with the fairies, how does she end up getting home?
7. What did the fifth graders in Chapter 4 tell Paley about the new play rule?
8. How did Paley's students perceive fairness in Chapter 4?
9. What did second graders tell Paley when she did her inquiry with them?
10. In Chapter 3, when Magpie ended his story inspired by Raymond, how did Raymond respond?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)