|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many kids from Paley's class seemed happy about this new rule?
2. Magpie and Kareem discover that they are both what?
(b) Story tellers.
(c) Book readers.
3. Once night falls on the journey to Magpie's Kingdom Home, they stop for the night, and Annabella spies what as she prepares her bed?
4. When Annabella and her father reach the shore for Magpie's Kingdom home who is there to greet them besides Alexandra?
(c) Queen Orangelina.
(d) Prince Kareem.
5. Clara, one of Paley's students, said she is rejected by whom?
(a) Angelo and Cynthia.
(b) Lisa and Ben.
(c) Alex and Lisa.
(d) Cynthia and Lisa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Maruska?
2. Back in Paley's classroom, which one of Paley's students told their own story where everyone plays?
3. In Magpie's story, on what day does the lonely princess forget the rules while she is with her new friends?
4. After leaving the tiny flower people, Annabella, her father, and Magpie leave and cross the ___ mountain.
5. After climbing the mountain path, Annabella discovers that the tiny people live inside of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What convinces Annabella and Prince Kareem to accompany Magpie to his Kingdom home?
2. What does Kareem tell Annabella about the flowers that close up after she tried to pick them in the desert?
3. Why did Paley put up a sign with a new rule for play, and what was her the response of her class?
4. What did second graders tell Paley when she did her inquiry with them?
5. In Chapter 2, we find out that the teachers were interested in Paley's new play rule, but didn't realize what?
6. Back in the class, in Chapter 2, why was Nelson rejected in play?
7. In Chapter 2, what does it mean when Annabella and the others hear a bell near the sea shore?
8. In Chapter 1, how did Paley go about getting her students to accept this new play rule?
9. In reviewing her notes, before speaking in Arizona, Paley noticed that her students had expressed what reasons for opposing the rule?
10. In Chapter 1, Magpie tells a story. What is it about?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)