|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The tiny people reveal they are usually safe, except when they climb which mountain?
2. The tiny people suggested that what live in the unsafe mountain?
3. Paley left her seemingly unhappy and stressed classroom to go to ___ to speak about happy classrooms.
(c) West Virginia.
4. Paley told her class a story to help them ___ the new rule.
5. Under a ___ tree Magpie watches two people argue about him after his birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Magpie and Kareem discover that they are both what?
2. As the journey to Magpie's Kingdom home reaches the sea, they realize they are about to miss the ship because they hear what in the distance?
3. What surprises Prince Kareem about Magpie?
4. Who is Maruska?
5. What is the name of the Kingdom from which Magpie has come?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Paley discover from talking to students about the "bosses" in play?
2. Following Magpie after the moving flowers over the mountain, what do they discover?
3. How were the second and third graders' responses to Paley's inquiries similar?
4. How did the second graders respond when Paley asked them about having bosses during play?
5. In Chapter 1, how did Paley go about getting her students to accept this new play rule?
6. According to details in Chapter 1, how are Annabella and Alexandra different in appearance from each other?
7. What did Paley realize about Lisa back in the classroom, in Chapter 2?
8. Beatrice overhears Annabella and Alexandra agreeing to be friends, and does what about this, and why?
9. What does Kareem tell Annabella about the flowers that close up after she tried to pick them in the desert?
10. In Chapter 2, what does it mean when Annabella and the others hear a bell near the sea shore?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)