|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3 Raymond becomes so frustrated that he cries out for who?
(a) His dad.
(c) His mom.
2. Who lost an egg and thought it was the reason for bad luck?
(b) Prince Kareem.
(d) Corporal Thomas.
3. Raymond tries to help a girl put what on her doll?
4. In Chapter 3 we find that Paley has delayed talking to which students about the new rule?
(a) Third graders.
(b) First graders.
(c) Fifth graders.
(d) Fourth graders.
5. Who invites Raymond and his father to stay in the Kingdom of Tall Pines?
(a) Prince Kareem.
(b) Alexandra's father.
(c) Princess Aexandra.
(d) Alexndra's mother.
6. What is the name of the fourth grader who asked Paley how the rule is working?
7. Besides Magpie, who wants to accompany Raymond to rescue his father?
(d) Prince Kareem.
8. In Chapter 4 what surprises the dragons when they wake up?
(a) Beatrice is a witch.
(b) That they have visitors.
(c) Magpie can talk.
(d) There are two red-headed guys.
9. Who tells Raymond to do bad things on purpose?
10. Who disagreed with Paley's observation that students complied with the new play rule because they were afraid others would not like them?
11. Who was sad that the new class would already have the new play rule in place?
(d) Other teachers.
12. Who does the father in Magpie's story want the baby dragon to fight?
(a) Blue humped dragons.
(b) Orange fire dragons.
(c) Yellow tailed dragons.
(d) Red scaled dragons.
13. In Magpie's story in Chapter 3, there are how many dragons in the land?
14. In his dream Raymond sees his father inside of what?
(a) A ship.
(b) A cave.
(c) A nest.
(d) A tree.
15. Who does Magpie ask the dragons to be nice to?
(a) The ship's crew.
(b) Raymond's father.
(c) The other dragons.
(d) The flower people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who encourages the emperor to taste blueberries right from the bush?
2. Who is a member of the royal guard?
3. Who used blueberry bushes to lure the dragons away from the cage?
4. In Chapter three, which one of Paley's student's now thinks the new rule would be unfair because they want their own friends?
5. In Chapter 3 of the book, who in the imaginary story worries they will never find friends?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)