|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, who did Paley's students ask to be protected by the new play rule?
(d) Raymond's father.
2. Once the new rule was imposed, what did Paley get rid of in her classroom?
(a) The time-out chair.
(b) The "don't be mean" sign.
(c) The time-out box.
(d) The "play fair" sign.
3. Who initially did not pick Lisa to be a part of her story?
4. In Magpie's story, at what age does the father tell the baby dragon he is old enough to fight?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 3 we find that Paley has decided to do what with her new play rule?
(b) Toss out.
6. In Chapter 4 what surprises the dragons when they wake up?
(a) There are two red-headed guys.
(b) Beatrice is a witch.
(c) That they have visitors.
(d) Magpie can talk.
7. Which student from Paley's class suggested the new rule should have solved Beatrice's problem with Annabella and Alexandra?
8. When Magpie asks Raymond's father what he wants, what does Raymond's father request?
(c) A story.
9. Who sees the herd of sleeping dragons first, and calls the others over?
10. Who lets Raymond borrow a carriage?
(b) Uncle Orangerio.
(c) Prince Kareem.
(d) Prince Orange Flower.
11. Who introduces themselves to Beatrice?
(a) Uncle Orangerio.
(b) The flower prince.
(d) Prince Kareem.
12. Who tells Raymond and friends to sleep at the foot of the mountain before waking early to climb?
(c) The captain.
(d) The first mate.
13. Which student worried aloud that other students could be mean and hurtful with the new rule, to which other students suggested solutions?
14. Who admits to stealing food, and wants to return it?
(a) The first mate.
15. Who does Raymond distrust when he wants to pretend play?
(b) Beatrice and Magpie.
(c) Annabella and Alexandra.
Short Answer Questions
1. Back in the imaginary story, who promises not to be a stowaway?
2. What surrounds the mountain as Raymond and his friends climb?
3. In Chapter 3, when Paley returned to the imaginary story Raymond is on his way where?
4. In Chapter three, which one of Paley's student's now thinks the new rule would be unfair because they want their own friends?
5. Who does Magpie ask the dragons to be nice to?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)