|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who agrees to be protection against the eagle?
(a) The flower people.
(b) The ship's crew.
(c) The dragons.
2. Who tells their own story in Chapter 4?
(c) Raymond's father.
3. Who gives permission for the dragon to drink the water?
(a) The people.
(b) The father.
(c) The guard.
(d) The queen.
4. In Chapter 4 what surprises the dragons when they wake up?
(a) There are two red-headed guys.
(b) Magpie can talk.
(c) Beatrice is a witch.
(d) That they have visitors.
5. Who encourages the dragons to explore the world?
(b) Raymond's father.
6. Who encourages the emperor to taste blueberries right from the bush?
(a) The princess.
(b) A young dragon.
(c) Corporal Thomas.
7. Who does Magpie befriend in Chapter 3, also referenced by Paley's students as mean and alone?
(a) Father of the baby dragon.
(d) The eagle.
8. In Chapter 4, Lisa wanted who to like her more than Mary Louise?
9. Which one of Paley's student's who does not like the new rule suggested they bring back bosses during play?
10. What was the title of Chapter 3 of the author's book about the play rule experiment?
(a) The new order begins.
(b) The new rule is imposed.
(c) And so it begins.
(d) Let's get started!
11. Once the new rule was in place in Paley's classroom, who became a rule enforcer?
12. Once the new rule was imposed, what did Paley get rid of in her classroom?
(a) The time-out chair.
(b) The time-out box.
(c) The "play fair" sign.
(d) The "don't be mean" sign.
13. Who asks to drink some water to save the baby dragon?
(a) A red scaled dragon.
(b) A yellow tailed dragon.
(c) An orange fire dragon.
(d) A blue humped dragon.
14. Whose life does Raymond's father save?
(b) His son.
(c) The emperor.
(d) His wife.
15. In the beginning of Chapter 3 we find that Paley has decided to do what with her new play rule?
(a) Toss out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Annabella and Alexandra want to be in pretend play with Raymond?
2. What do the dragons believe Raymond's father to be?
3. Who needs help to go to the land of the six mountains?
4. Who tells Raymond and friends to sleep at the foot of the mountain before waking early to climb?
5. Which student worried aloud that other students could be mean and hurtful with the new rule, to which other students suggested solutions?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)