|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Magpie's story about the baby dragon, what are the other dragons taking from the mountain?
(b) Old dragons.
(c) Young dragons.
2. Who was sad that the new class would already have the new play rule in place?
(b) Other teachers.
3. What is the name of the fourth grader who asked Paley how the rule is working?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 3 we find that Paley has decided to do what with her new play rule?
(b) Toss out.
5. Who walks away at the end of the Magpie's story about the baby dragon?
(c) Prince Kareem.
6. Who asks Raymond why he is crying out, in Chapter 3?
7. Who wants to let the other dragons have what they want from the mountain?
(a) The baby dragon.
(b) The dragon queen.
(c) The dragon king.
(d) The dragon people.
8. In his dream Raymond sees his father inside of what?
(a) A ship.
(b) A nest.
(c) A cave.
(d) A tree.
9. Who is a member of the royal guard?
(a) Raymond's father.
(b) Prince Kareem.
(c) Corporal Alex.
(d) Alexandra's father.
10. In Chapter 3 Raymond becomes so frustrated that he cries out for who?
(c) His mom.
(d) His dad.
11. Who disagreed with Paley's observation that students complied with the new play rule because they were afraid others would not like them?
12. In Magpie's story in Chapter 3, there are how many dragons in the land?
13. Who does the emperor decree is the only one who can bring him blueberries?
(a) Princess Alexandra.
(b) Princess Annabella.
(c) The flower prince.
(d) The royal dragon.
14. Raymond tries to help a boy with what kind of work, in Chapter 3?
(b) Pet grooming.
15. In Chapter 3 we find that Paley has delayed talking to which students about the new rule?
(a) First graders.
(b) Fifth graders.
(c) Third graders.
(d) Fourth graders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lost an egg and thought it was the reason for bad luck?
2. Raymond has decided to show everyone that he is what?
3. What surrounds the mountain as Raymond and his friends climb?
4. In Chapter 3, when Paley returned to the imaginary story Raymond is on his way where?
5. In Paley's class problems arise when the new play rule is applied to storytelling and what?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)