|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once the new rule was in place in Paley's classroom, who became a rule enforcer?
2. Who is sad about the baby dragon being gone away in the sky?
(a) His friends.
(b) His father.
(c) The other dragons.
(d) The queen.
3. In his dream Raymond sees his father inside of what?
(a) A ship.
(b) A nest.
(c) A cave.
(d) A tree.
4. When Magpie asks Raymond's father what he wants, what does Raymond's father request?
(c) A story.
5. Who lost an egg and thought it was the reason for bad luck?
(a) Prince Kareem.
(d) Corporal Thomas.
6. Who tells their own story in Chapter 4?
(b) Raymond's father.
7. Who tells Raymond to do bad things on purpose?
8. Whose parents were in Paley's class for their child's birthday party?
9. Who asks Magpie for a story while Raymond and the others pretend play?
(b) Prince Kareem.
10. What pushes the baby dragon far into the sky when he attacks the other dragons?
(a) The wind.
(b) The other dragons wings.
(c) His fire.
(d) The rushing water.
11. Who does Raymond distrust when he wants to pretend play?
(a) Beatrice and Magpie.
(b) Annabella and Alexandra.
12. Who does Magpie befriend in Chapter 3, also referenced by Paley's students as mean and alone?
(b) The eagle.
(c) Father of the baby dragon.
13. Who admits to stealing food, and wants to return it?
(d) The first mate.
14. Who encourages the emperor to taste blueberries right from the bush?
(a) The princess.
(b) A young dragon.
(c) Corporal Thomas.
15. In Chapter 3 we find that Paley has delayed talking to which students about the new rule?
(a) Third graders.
(b) Fourth graders.
(c) First graders.
(d) Fifth graders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who disagreed with Paley's observation that students complied with the new play rule because they were afraid others would not like them?
2. Back in the imaginary story, who reveals running away from home?
3. Raymond has decided to show everyone that he is what?
4. What does Beatrice become to get near the cage holding Raymond and his father?
5. Who is annoyed about the welcome sign for Raymond's father?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)