|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was sad that the new class would already have the new play rule in place?
(c) Other teachers.
2. Who finds Raymond and the others together in Chapter 3?
(a) Alexandra's father.
(c) Prince Kareem.
(d) Alexandra's mother.
3. What does Beatrice become to get near the cage holding Raymond and his father?
(a) A baby dragon.
(b) A brown moth.
(c) A magpie.
(d) A dragonfly.
4. Raymond has decided to show everyone that he is what?
5. Which student from Paley's class suggested the new rule should have solved Beatrice's problem with Annabella and Alexandra?
6. Whose parents were in Paley's class for their child's birthday party?
7. In Raymond's pretend play what does Beatrice want to be?
(b) Bad dragon.
(d) Evil eagle.
8. Who has an uncle waiting to meet them, according to the end of Chapter 3?
(d) Prince Kareem.
9. In the beginning of Chapter 3 we find that Paley has decided to do what with her new play rule?
(d) Toss out.
10. Who tells Raymond to do bad things on purpose?
11. After Raymond is befriended by one character in Chapter 3, who jumps up and "befriends" him next?
12. Who disagreed with Paley's observation that students complied with the new play rule because they were afraid others would not like them?
13. Who does the emperor decree is the only one who can bring him blueberries?
(a) The royal dragon.
(b) Princess Annabella.
(c) Princess Alexandra.
(d) The flower prince.
14. In Magpie's story, at what age does the father tell the baby dragon he is old enough to fight?
15. Who encourages the dragons to explore the world?
(b) Raymond's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pushes the baby dragon far into the sky when he attacks the other dragons?
2. In Magpie's story about the baby dragon, what brings the baby dragon back to the land after the other dragon drinks the water?
3. Who does Magpie ask the dragons to be nice to?
4. Once the new rule was in place in Paley's classroom, who became a rule enforcer?
5. Which one of Paley's student's who does not like the new rule suggested they bring back bosses during play?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)