|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once the new rule was in place in Paley's classroom, who became a rule enforcer?
2. Back in the imaginary story, who promises not to be a stowaway?
(d) The flower prince.
3. Who tells their own story in Chapter 4?
(b) Raymond's father.
4. In Chapter 3 of the book, who in the imaginary story worries they will never find friends?
(c) The flower prince.
5. Who wants to let the other dragons have what they want from the mountain?
(a) The dragon queen.
(b) The baby dragon.
(c) The dragon people.
(d) The dragon king.
6. Who does Magpie befriend in Chapter 3, also referenced by Paley's students as mean and alone?
(b) The eagle.
(c) Father of the baby dragon.
7. Whose life does Raymond's father save?
(b) His wife.
(c) The emperor.
(d) His son.
8. Who invites Raymond and his father to stay in the Kingdom of Tall Pines?
(a) Princess Aexandra.
(b) Alexandra's father.
(c) Alexndra's mother.
(d) Prince Kareem.
9. What was the title of Chapter 3 of the author's book about the play rule experiment?
(a) Let's get started!
(b) The new order begins.
(c) The new rule is imposed.
(d) And so it begins.
10. In Magpie's story about the baby dragon, what are the other dragons taking from the mountain?
(c) Old dragons.
(d) Young dragons.
11. Who finds Raymond and the others together in Chapter 3?
(a) Alexandra's father.
(b) Alexandra's mother.
(d) Prince Kareem.
12. Raymond tries to help a boy with what kind of work, in Chapter 3?
(d) Pet grooming.
13. Who encourages the emperor to taste blueberries right from the bush?
(a) Corporal Thomas.
(c) The princess.
(d) A young dragon.
14. Who inspires the story Magpie tells in Chapter 3?
15. Who does Raymond distrust when he wants to pretend play?
(b) Beatrice and Magpie.
(c) Annabella and Alexandra.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the emperor decree is the only one who can bring him blueberries?
2. Who do Annabella and Alexandra want to be in pretend play with Raymond?
3. Who trains the baby dragon in Magpie's story?
4. In Chapter 3 Raymond becomes so frustrated that he cries out for who?
5. Which one of Paley's student's who does not like the new rule suggested they bring back bosses during play?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)