|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Raymond cries out in frustration and tells his story, who tells Raymond they are his friend?
(d) Prince Kareem.
2. Who sees the herd of sleeping dragons first, and calls the others over?
3. Who pushes the baby dragon into a battle?
(a) The father.
(b) The guard.
(c) The other dragons.
(d) The queen.
4. In the beginning of Chapter 3 we find that Paley has decided to do what with her new play rule?
(d) Toss out.
5. Who tells Raymond to do bad things on purpose?
6. In Chapter 3, Raymond wants to pretend he is a what?
(a) Lost baby dragon.
7. After Raymond is befriended by one character in Chapter 3, who jumps up and "befriends" him next?
8. When Magpie asks Raymond's father what he wants, what does Raymond's father request?
(a) A story.
9. Besides Magpie, who wants to accompany Raymond to rescue his father?
(d) Prince Kareem.
10. Who needs help to go to the land of the six mountains?
11. Once the new rule was in place in Paley's classroom, who became a rule enforcer?
12. Who wants to let the other dragons have what they want from the mountain?
(a) The dragon queen.
(b) The baby dragon.
(c) The dragon people.
(d) The dragon king.
13. Who inspires the story Magpie tells in Chapter 3?
14. In Magpie's story who wants the baby dragon to be a fighter?
(a) His teachers.
(b) His father.
(c) His friends.
(d) His mother.
15. Who encourages the emperor to taste blueberries right from the bush?
(a) Corporal Thomas.
(b) The princess.
(d) A young dragon.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4 what surprises the dragons when they wake up?
2. Raymond tries to help a boy with what kind of work, in Chapter 3?
3. Who invites Raymond and his father to stay in the Kingdom of Tall Pines?
4. What do the dragons believe Raymond's father to be?
5. In Raymond's pretend play what does Beatrice want to be?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)