|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, Lisa wanted who to like her more than Mary Louise?
2. In Chapter 4 what surprises the dragons when they wake up?
(a) There are two red-headed guys.
(b) Magpie can talk.
(c) That they have visitors.
(d) Beatrice is a witch.
3. Who makes a welcome home sign for Raymond's father?
(a) Annabella and Alexandra.
(b) Raymond and his mother.
(c) Magpie and Raymond.
(d) Beatrice and Sylvia.
4. Who introduces themselves to Beatrice?
(a) Uncle Orangerio.
(b) Prince Kareem.
(d) The flower prince.
5. In his dream Raymond sees his father inside of what?
(a) A ship.
(b) A nest.
(c) A tree.
(d) A cave.
6. Who is sad about the baby dragon being gone away in the sky?
(a) The other dragons.
(b) His friends.
(c) His father.
(d) The queen.
7. What pushes the baby dragon far into the sky when he attacks the other dragons?
(a) The other dragons wings.
(b) The rushing water.
(c) His fire.
(d) The wind.
8. Who needs help to go to the land of the six mountains?
9. Who does the father in Magpie's story want the baby dragon to fight?
(a) Blue humped dragons.
(b) Orange fire dragons.
(c) Yellow tailed dragons.
(d) Red scaled dragons.
10. Who asks to drink some water to save the baby dragon?
(a) A yellow tailed dragon.
(b) An orange fire dragon.
(c) A red scaled dragon.
(d) A blue humped dragon.
11. Who inspires the story Magpie tells in Chapter 3?
12. Who tells Raymond to do bad things on purpose?
13. In Chapter 3 we find that Paley has delayed talking to which students about the new rule?
(a) Third graders.
(b) Fourth graders.
(c) Fifth graders.
(d) First graders.
14. After Raymond cries out in frustration and tells his story, who tells Raymond they are his friend?
(c) Prince Kareem.
15. While playing pretend, who does Raymond want to find?
(b) His father.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3 of the book, who in the imaginary story worries they will never find friends?
2. Who invites Raymond and his father to stay in the Kingdom of Tall Pines?
3. Who initially did not pick Lisa to be a part of her story?
4. Who does Magpie befriend in Chapter 3, also referenced by Paley's students as mean and alone?
5. In Chapter 3, Raymond wants to pretend he is a what?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)