|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Raymond tries to help a boy with what kind of work, in Chapter 3?
(a) Pet grooming.
2. Who encourages the emperor to taste blueberries right from the bush?
(a) A young dragon.
(b) The princess.
(d) Corporal Thomas.
3. Who tells their own story in Chapter 4?
(d) Raymond's father.
4. Which student from Paley's class suggested the new rule should have solved Beatrice's problem with Annabella and Alexandra?
5. In Magpie's story about the baby dragon, what are the other dragons taking from the mountain?
(a) Young dragons.
(d) Old dragons.
6. In Chapter 3 Raymond becomes so frustrated that he cries out for who?
(a) His mom.
(d) His dad.
7. Who trains the baby dragon in Magpie's story?
(a) His mother.
(b) The dragon healer.
(c) The royal counselor.
(d) His father.
8. Who gives permission for the dragon to drink the water?
(a) The father.
(b) The people.
(c) The guard.
(d) The queen.
9. Who admits to stealing food, and wants to return it?
(c) The first mate.
10. Who wants Raymond to live with them?
(a) The flower people.
(c) Prince Kareem.
(d) The ship's captain.
11. Who does the emperor decree is the only one who can bring him blueberries?
(a) The royal dragon.
(b) The flower prince.
(c) Princess Alexandra.
(d) Princess Annabella.
12. What does Raymond see in his dreams?
13. Who makes a welcome home sign for Raymond's father?
(a) Beatrice and Sylvia.
(b) Magpie and Raymond.
(c) Annabella and Alexandra.
(d) Raymond and his mother.
14. Who tells Raymond and friends to sleep at the foot of the mountain before waking early to climb?
(a) The captain.
(d) The first mate.
15. Who does the father in Magpie's story want the baby dragon to fight?
(a) Blue humped dragons.
(b) Red scaled dragons.
(c) Yellow tailed dragons.
(d) Orange fire dragons.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, when Paley returned to the imaginary story Raymond is on his way where?
2. Who is annoyed about the welcome sign for Raymond's father?
3. What does Beatrice become to get near the cage holding Raymond and his father?
4. Who inspires the story Magpie tells in Chapter 3?
5. Who lost an egg and thought it was the reason for bad luck?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)