|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the father in Magpie's story want the baby dragon to fight?
(a) Blue humped dragons.
(b) Orange fire dragons.
(c) Yellow tailed dragons.
(d) Red scaled dragons.
2. Which one of Paley's student's who does not like the new rule suggested they bring back bosses during play?
3. What was the title of Chapter 3 of the author's book about the play rule experiment?
(a) The new order begins.
(b) And so it begins.
(c) Let's get started!
(d) The new rule is imposed.
4. Who is sad about the baby dragon being gone away in the sky?
(a) His friends.
(b) His father.
(c) The queen.
(d) The other dragons.
5. What is the name of the fourth grader who asked Paley how the rule is working?
6. In Chapter 3 Raymond becomes so frustrated that he cries out for who?
(c) His mom.
(d) His dad.
7. Who is a member of the royal guard?
(a) Prince Kareem.
(b) Corporal Alex.
(c) Raymond's father.
(d) Alexandra's father.
8. Who used blueberry bushes to lure the dragons away from the cage?
(c) Raymond's father.
(d) The emperor's guards.
9. Who encourages the emperor to taste blueberries right from the bush?
(a) Corporal Thomas.
(b) The princess.
(d) A young dragon.
10. Raymond tries to help a boy with what kind of work, in Chapter 3?
(d) Pet grooming.
11. Who walks away at the end of the Magpie's story about the baby dragon?
(c) Prince Kareem.
12. Who inspires the story Magpie tells in Chapter 3?
13. In Chapter 4 what surprises the dragons when they wake up?
(a) There are two red-headed guys.
(b) Magpie can talk.
(c) Beatrice is a witch.
(d) That they have visitors.
14. Who do Annabella and Alexandra want to be in pretend play with Raymond?
(a) Sister dragons.
(b) Sister princesses.
(c) Sister flowers.
(d) Sister fairies.
15. In Magpie's story who wants the baby dragon to be a fighter?
(a) His mother.
(b) His teachers.
(c) His friends.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, who did Paley's students ask to be protected by the new play rule?
2. Who trains the baby dragon in Magpie's story?
3. Who finds Raymond and the others together in Chapter 3?
4. What surrounds the mountain as Raymond and his friends climb?
5. Once the new rule was in place in Paley's classroom, who became a rule enforcer?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)