|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Raymond distrust when he wants to pretend play?
(a) Beatrice and Magpie.
(d) Annabella and Alexandra.
2. Who initially did not pick Lisa to be a part of her story?
3. In Chapter 3 of the book, who in the imaginary story worries they will never find friends?
(d) The flower prince.
4. What pushes the baby dragon far into the sky when he attacks the other dragons?
(a) His fire.
(b) The wind.
(c) The rushing water.
(d) The other dragons wings.
5. In Chapter 4, Lisa wanted who to like her more than Mary Louise?
6. Which one of Paley's student's who does not like the new rule suggested they bring back bosses during play?
7. Who does Magpie befriend in Chapter 3, also referenced by Paley's students as mean and alone?
(a) Father of the baby dragon.
(d) The eagle.
8. In Magpie's story in Chapter 3, there are how many dragons in the land?
9. Who tells their own story in Chapter 4?
(c) Raymond's father.
10. Who wants to let the other dragons have what they want from the mountain?
(a) The dragon people.
(b) The dragon king.
(c) The baby dragon.
(d) The dragon queen.
11. In Chapter 3 Raymond becomes so frustrated that he cries out for who?
(b) His mom.
(c) His dad.
12. In Chapter 4, who did Paley's students ask to be protected by the new play rule?
(b) Raymond's father.
13. In Chapter 3 we find that Paley has delayed talking to which students about the new rule?
(a) Fourth graders.
(b) Fifth graders.
(c) First graders.
(d) Third graders.
14. Who do Annabella and Alexandra want to be in pretend play with Raymond?
(a) Sister flowers.
(b) Sister princesses.
(c) Sister fairies.
(d) Sister dragons.
15. Whose life does Raymond's father save?
(a) His wife.
(c) The emperor.
(d) His son.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Magpie's story about the baby dragon, what brings the baby dragon back to the land after the other dragon drinks the water?
2. Who tells Raymond to do bad things on purpose?
3. Who finds Raymond and the others together in Chapter 3?
4. Who makes a welcome home sign for Raymond's father?
5. Who tells Raymond and friends to sleep at the foot of the mountain before waking early to climb?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)