|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Magpie and Kareem discover that they are both what?
(a) Book readers.
(b) Story tellers.
2. Magpie asks Raymond to help him rescue what animal?
3. With a hoarse voice in Chapter 1, Paley went off to speak where?
(b) Washington State.
4. Besides Annabella, who accompanies Magpie when Magpie goes to rescue the small child from the eagle?
(c) Orange Anther.
(d) Orange Flower.
5. According to Magpie in Chapter 1, how many children live in the Kingdom that he calls home?
6. Who raises Magpie?
7. After climbing the mountain path, Annabella discovers that the tiny people live inside of what?
(a) Tree Trunks.
(d) Sea Shells.
8. As Raymond leaves to see his mother, who follows Raymond?
9. Who introduces Magpie to Prince Kareem?
(a) No one.
(b) The Queen.
10. After Magpie finished telling a story to the flower prince, the flower prince laughed and gave Magpie what?
(c) A toy.
(d) A hug.
11. Who helps Annabella and her father board the waiting ship?
(a) The tiny flower people.
(b) No one.
(c) A sailor.
12. Nelson is rejected in play because he did not want to play what role chosen by other children?
(c) Bad Transformer.
(d) GI Joe Traitor.
13. At sundown, what does the lonely princess lose, according to magpie's story?
(a) Her eyesight.
(b) Her wings.
(c) Her hearing.
(d) Her magic.
14. How many kids from Paley's class seemed happy about this new rule?
15. When Annabella and her father reach the shore for Magpie's Kingdom home who is there to greet them besides Alexandra?
(b) Queen Orangelina.
(d) Prince Kareem.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many students were in Paley's kindergarten class when she posts her sign changing the rules of play?
2. Paley told her class a story to help them ___ the new rule.
3. The girl inside the castle is named Annabella and she is descended from ___ kings and queens.
4. Raymond enters this place and his mother is not there.
5. Who draws a picture of Magpie and tapes it to the wall?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)