|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The tiny people reveal they are usually safe, except when they climb which mountain?
2. Magpie tells a story about a lonely princess who wished for what to come and help her?
(a) A witch.
(b) A magician.
(c) A bird.
(d) A fairy Godmother.
3. Paley looked back at discussions with her students and decided that play develops ____ and that this also develops out of play.
4. In the story Magpie told to the flower prince, what does the eagle steal?
(a) A magpie.
(b) A small child.
(c) A dog.
(d) A queen.
5. The girl inside the castle is named Annabella and she is descended from ___ kings and queens.
6. How do Annabella and Prince Kareem travel to Magpie's Kingdom home?
(a) On foot.
(b) By horse.
(c) By carriage.
(d) By wagon.
7. When Annabella and her father reach the shore for Magpie's Kingdom home who is there to greet them besides Alexandra?
(a) Prince Kareem.
(b) Queen Orangelina.
8. Whom does the flower prince love?
9. Who raises Magpie?
10. In Magpie's story, on what day does the lonely princess forget the rules while she is with her new friends?
11. How old was the author when she decides to set out to thwart this practice of "You can't play?"
12. Which one of Paley's student's did not understand the Magpie story, and Paley explained about the Magpie in her mind?
13. What is the name of the Kingdom from which Magpie has come?
(a) The Kingdom of Kings and Queens.
(b) The Kingdom of Tall Pines.
(c) The Kingdom of Playful Fairies.
(d) The Bird Kingdom.
14. What color is Raymond's hair?
15. At the end of Chapter 2, Paley's story revealed that this person was the thief from the ship.
(a) The captain.
(c) Uncle Orangerio.
(d) The flower prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the tiny people, the unsafe mountain is surrounded by ____ and clouds.
2. When the flower prince discovers that Annabella can not stay and live with him what does he do?
3. Besides Ben, what other child has decided Nelson should play an unflattering role during play?
4. Who almost steps on Magpie after his birth?
5. The tiny people suggested that what live in the unsafe mountain?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)