|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Back in Paley's classroom, which one of Paley's students told their own story where everyone plays?
2. While other students in Paley's class create pictures of various story characters, Lisa drew which character?
3. The tiny people reveal they are usually safe, except when they climb which mountain?
4. In Chapter 2, after Lisa told her story, Paley realized that Lisa wanted to be like who from the imaginary story?
(a) Prince Kareem.
5. Who encourages the girls to invite Raymond over?
(a) Alexandra's father.
(d) Annabella's father.
6. When the flower prince discovers that Annabella can not stay and live with him what does he do?
(a) Leave with her.
(b) Run away.
(d) Kidnap her.
7. Once it becomes night, Magpie directs his rescue companions to turn back because they can not do what?
(a) See where they are going at night.
(b) Fly to where the eagle's nest is located.
(c) Stop shaking in fear.
8. In the story about the lonely princess, the bird helps the princess find a ___ child.
9. In Paley's mind, the Magpie helped her by flying around the castle how many times?
10. As Raymond leaves to see his mother, who follows Raymond?
11. According to Paley in Chapter 1, some of the children believed that the point of play was to show what?
(c) Who is boss.
(d) How smart some kids are.
12. Beatrix is a __ who saved Magpie's life.
13. With a hoarse voice in Chapter 1, Paley went off to speak where?
(b) Washington State.
14. Who raises Magpie?
15. What color is the bird that comes to help the lonely princess in Magpie's story in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the tiny people's Queen?
2. Who is sitting behind a tree and thinking she is not as nice as Magpie thinks she is, as Annabella and her father arrive in Magpie's Kingdom home?
3. In Magpie's story, on what day does the lonely princess forget the rules while she is with her new friends?
4. The ___ flowers close up when Annabella reaches to pluck one for her father.
5. Who reinforced the loneliness of outcast students, according to Paley in Chapter 1?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)