|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who draws a picture of Magpie and tapes it to the wall?
(b) Prince Kareem.
2. In the story about the lonely princess, the bird helps the princess find a ___ child.
3. Under a ___ tree Magpie watches two people argue about him after his birth.
4. After forgetting the rules, how does the now sad princess in Magpie's story in Chapter 1 get home?
(a) Wind gusts.
(b) River of tears.
(c) Magic leaves.
(d) Flying geese.
5. Magpie tells Annabella about Alexandra who is a ___ at Magpie's home castle.
6. Magpie asks Raymond to help him rescue what animal?
7. What does Paley allow her students to doodle on during class?
(a) Pictures of Magpie.
(b) Art board.
(c) White board.
(d) Magpie manuscript.
8. Beatrice has a sister named what?
9. Inside the castle Magpie finds a girl doing what?
(a) Brushing a doll's hair.
10. Who encourages the girls to invite Raymond over?
(a) Annabella's father.
(d) Alexandra's father.
11. Who reinforced the loneliness of outcast students, according to Paley in Chapter 1?
12. Which grade revealed during questioning about the fairness of the new rule that they remembered it is bad not to let other kids play?
13. In Chapter 1, who wondered whether Paley had the authority to change the rules of play?
(a) The parents.
(b) Her students.
(c) Her Principal.
(d) Her peers.
14. Paley told her class a story to help them ___ the new rule.
15. Who almost steps on Magpie after his birth?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Paley's mind, the Magpie helped her by flying around the castle how many times?
2. When the flower prince discovers that Annabella can not stay and live with him what does he do?
3. Nelson is rejected in play because he did not want to play what role chosen by other children?
4. When Annabella and her father reach the shore for Magpie's Kingdom home who is there to greet them besides Alexandra?
5. While other students in Paley's class create pictures of various story characters, Lisa drew which character?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)