|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Kingdom from which Magpie has come?
(a) The Kingdom of Tall Pines.
(b) The Kingdom of Playful Fairies.
(c) The Kingdom of Kings and Queens.
(d) The Bird Kingdom.
2. Who is Maruska?
(a) Annabella's doll.
(b) Paley's teaching assistant.
(c) Kareem's wife.
(d) Alexandra's friend.
3. What common practice among small children did the author hope to stop with her experiment?
4. Who draws a picture of Magpie and tapes it to the wall?
(c) Prince Kareem.
5. What color is the bird that comes to help the lonely princess in Magpie's story in Chapter 1?
6. Clara, one of Paley's students, said she is rejected by whom?
(a) Alex and Lisa.
(b) Angelo and Cynthia.
(c) Lisa and Ben.
(d) Cynthia and Lisa.
7. Once it becomes night, Magpie directs his rescue companions to turn back because they can not do what?
(a) See where they are going at night.
(b) Stop shaking in fear.
(c) Fly to where the eagle's nest is located.
8. Who plots and digs a hole for Annabella to get trapped in?
(a) The flower prince.
9. In the story about the lonely princess, the bird helps the princess find a ___ child.
10. After Magpie finished telling a story to the flower prince, the flower prince laughed and gave Magpie what?
(b) A toy.
(d) A hug.
11. Who almost steps on Magpie after his birth?
12. Which grade revealed during questioning about the fairness of the new rule that they remembered it is bad not to let other kids play?
13. Back in Paley's classroom, which one of Paley's students told their own story where everyone plays?
14. Besides Annabella, who accompanies Magpie when Magpie goes to rescue the small child from the eagle?
(b) Orange Anther.
(d) Orange Flower.
15. At sundown, what does the lonely princess lose, according to magpie's story?
(a) Her hearing.
(b) Her magic.
(c) Her eyesight.
(d) Her wings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Raymond enters this place and his mother is not there.
2. Annabella leads Magpie down where in the story?
3. Who raises Magpie?
4. How old was the author when she decides to set out to thwart this practice of "You can't play?"
5. According to Magpie's story when can the lonely princess be with the child?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)