|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides Ben, what other child has decided Nelson should play an unflattering role during play?
2. Magpie is found alone and under this, after birth?
3. Magpie tells Annabella about Alexandra who is a ___ at Magpie's home castle.
4. Who almost steps on Magpie after his birth?
5. According to Magpie in Chapter 1, how many children live in the Kingdom that he calls home?
6. Magpie tells a story about a lonely princess who wished for what to come and help her?
(a) A magician.
(b) A fairy Godmother.
(c) A witch.
(d) A bird.
7. In the story Magpie told to the flower prince, what does the eagle steal?
(a) A queen.
(b) A dog.
(c) A small child.
(d) A magpie.
8. In Paley's discussion with ___ graders, in Chapter 2, she discovered that they find it much easier when playing to just accept a boss.
9. Annabella leads Magpie down where in the story?
(a) A path.
(b) A tunnel.
(c) A stairway.
(d) A hole.
10. Magpie asks Raymond to help him rescue what animal?
11. Back in Paley's classroom, which one of Paley's students told their own story where everyone plays?
12. Where do Annabella and her father live once they are in Magpie's Kingdom home?
(a) The castle.
(b) A cottage.
(c) An anchored ship.
(d) A decorated cave.
13. After Magpie finished telling a story to the flower prince, the flower prince laughed and gave Magpie what?
(b) A toy.
(c) A hug.
14. In Magpie's story to the flower prince, the hero boy threw stinging liquid back at what creature?
(a) Mean Magpie.
(b) Sea Serpant.
(d) Giant Eagle.
15. What is the name of the Kingdom from which Magpie has come?
(a) The Kingdom of Playful Fairies.
(b) The Kingdom of Kings and Queens.
(c) The Bird Kingdom.
(d) The Kingdom of Tall Pines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who draws a picture of Magpie and tapes it to the wall?
2. Nelson is rejected in play because he did not want to play what role chosen by other children?
3. According to Magpie's story when can the lonely princess be with the child?
4. Who encourages the girls to invite Raymond over?
5. Once it becomes night, Magpie directs his rescue companions to turn back because they can not do what?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)