|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Annabella leads Magpie down where in the story?
(a) A path.
(b) A tunnel.
(c) A stairway.
(d) A hole.
2. What is created over the hole to entice Annabella to come close enough to fall in?
(b) Blueberry Bush.
(c) Apple Tree.
(d) Flower Garden.
3. The tiny people suggested that what live in the unsafe mountain?
4. What does Paley allow her students to doodle on during class?
(a) Art board.
(b) Magpie manuscript.
(c) White board.
(d) Pictures of Magpie.
5. Back in Paley's classroom, which one of Paley's students told their own story where everyone plays?
6. In Magpie's story, on what day does the lonely princess forget the rules while she is with her new friends?
7. Whom does the flower prince love?
8. Nelson is rejected in play because he did not want to play what role chosen by other children?
(b) Bad Transformer.
(c) GI Joe Traitor.
9. In Chapter 2, after Lisa told her story, Paley realized that Lisa wanted to be like who from the imaginary story?
(c) Prince Kareem.
10. Where do Annabella and her father live once they are in Magpie's Kingdom home?
(a) A decorated cave.
(b) A cottage.
(c) The castle.
(d) An anchored ship.
11. As the journey to Magpie's Kingdom home reaches the sea, they realize they are about to miss the ship because they hear what in the distance?
12. The ___ flowers close up when Annabella reaches to pluck one for her father.
13. In the story Magpie told to the flower prince, what does the eagle steal?
(a) A magpie.
(b) A dog.
(c) A small child.
(d) A queen.
14. Another Paley student, Nelson, said that who won't let him play?
15. Prince Kareem is writing a book about what?
Short Answer Questions
1. While other students in Paley's class create pictures of various story characters, Lisa drew which character?
2. As Raymond leaves to see his mother, who follows Raymond?
3. On the journey to Magpie's Kingdom home, they reach ___ where Annabella wants to stop and smell the flowers.
4. According to Paley in Chapter 1, some of the children believed that the point of play was to show what?
5. Magpie asks Raymond to help him rescue what animal?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)