|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Raymond enters this place and his mother is not there.
2. Which one of Paley's student's did not understand the Magpie story, and Paley explained about the Magpie in her mind?
3. During discussions with students, one grade decided to have what rule as an alternative to having a boss during play?
(a) Let everyone play rule.
(b) Don't be mean rule.
(c) Volunteer rule.
(d) Voting rule.
4. After leaving the tiny flower people, Annabella, her father, and Magpie leave and cross the ___ mountain.
5. In a news story Magpie tells the flower prince, the hero boy defeats a lizard with what?
(a) Thorn sword.
(b) Starched stamen.
(c) Flower stem.
(d) Plaited Petal.
6. The tiny people suggested that what live in the unsafe mountain?
7. Whom does the flower prince love?
8. In Chapter 1, the lonely princess in Magpie's story wanted help finding what?
(a) Her parents.
(b) More birds.
(c) A playmate.
9. Who jumps into the hole with Annabella?
10. Who raises Magpie?
11. What grade, during Paley's inquiries in Chapter 2, thought the new play rule would work on Paley's class but not them because it was too late?
12. Why are the ship's crew and captain upset, as Annabella and her father learn once aboard?
(a) There is a storm coming.
(b) There is a food thief on board.
(c) The ship is damaged.
(d) They will be delayed one day.
13. According to Paley in Chapter 1, some of the children believed that the point of play was to show what?
(a) Who is boss.
(b) How smart some kids are.
14. Magpie is found alone and under this, after birth?
15. On the journey to Magpie's Kingdom home, they reach ___ where Annabella wants to stop and smell the flowers.
(a) A Water Fall.
(b) A Valley.
(c) A River.
(d) The Dessert.
Short Answer Questions
1. The girl inside the castle is named Annabella and she is descended from ___ kings and queens.
2. According to the tiny people, the unsafe mountain is surrounded by ____ and clouds.
3. Where do Annabella and her father live once they are in Magpie's Kingdom home?
4. After climbing the mountain path, Annabella discovers that the tiny people live inside of what?
5. When Annabella and her father reach the shore for Magpie's Kingdom home who is there to greet them besides Alexandra?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)