|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During discussions with students, one grade decided to have what rule as an alternative to having a boss during play?
(a) Let everyone play rule.
(b) Voting rule.
(c) Volunteer rule.
(d) Don't be mean rule.
2. How many kids from Paley's class seemed happy about this new rule?
3. In a news story Magpie tells the flower prince, the hero boy defeats a lizard with what?
(a) Plaited Petal.
(b) Starched stamen.
(c) Thorn sword.
(d) Flower stem.
4. Which one of Paley's student's did not understand the Magpie story, and Paley explained about the Magpie in her mind?
5. Paley looked back at discussions with her students and decided that play develops ____ and that this also develops out of play.
6. Once night falls on the journey to Magpie's Kingdom Home, they stop for the night, and Annabella spies what as she prepares her bed?
7. Who introduces Magpie to Prince Kareem?
(a) No one.
(b) The Queen.
8. Besides Ben, what other child has decided Nelson should play an unflattering role during play?
9. Who raises Magpie?
10. Magpie is found alone and under this, after birth?
11. What does Paley allow her students to doodle on during class?
(a) Art board.
(b) Magpie manuscript.
(c) White board.
(d) Pictures of Magpie.
12. What is the name of the tiny people's Queen?
13. While other students in Paley's class create pictures of various story characters, Lisa drew which character?
14. Who is Maruska?
(a) Annabella's doll.
(b) Alexandra's friend.
(c) Kareem's wife.
(d) Paley's teaching assistant.
15. After forgetting the rules, how does the now sad princess in Magpie's story in Chapter 1 get home?
(a) Flying geese.
(b) Magic leaves.
(c) Wind gusts.
(d) River of tears.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once it becomes night, Magpie directs his rescue companions to turn back because they can not do what?
2. Magpie tells Annabella about Alexandra who is a ___ at Magpie's home castle.
3. Under a ___ tree Magpie watches two people argue about him after his birth.
4. Who reinforced the loneliness of outcast students, according to Paley in Chapter 1?
5. As the journey to Magpie's Kingdom home reaches the sea, they realize they are about to miss the ship because they hear what in the distance?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)