|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the ship's crew and captain upset, as Annabella and her father learn once aboard?
(a) The ship is damaged.
(b) There is a storm coming.
(c) They will be delayed one day.
(d) There is a food thief on board.
2. Nelson is rejected in play because he did not want to play what role chosen by other children?
(c) Bad Transformer.
(d) GI Joe Traitor.
3. Magpie is found alone and under this, after birth?
4. Under a ___ tree Magpie watches two people argue about him after his birth.
5. Who is not there to meet Annabella and her father when they arrive on shore at Magpie's Kingdom home?
(b) Prince Kareem.
6. What is the name of the Kingdom from which Magpie has come?
(a) The Kingdom of Playful Fairies.
(b) The Kingdom of Kings and Queens.
(c) The Kingdom of Tall Pines.
(d) The Bird Kingdom.
7. Which one of Paley's student's did not understand the Magpie story, and Paley explained about the Magpie in her mind?
8. As the journey to Magpie's Kingdom home reaches the sea, they realize they are about to miss the ship because they hear what in the distance?
9. Who does Magpie fly on his back to help him during the rescue involving the eagle?
(a) Uncle Oranger.
(b) Prince Orange Flower.
(c) Prince Oraneg Anther.
(d) Uncle Orangerio.
10. Magpie and Kareem discover that they are both what?
(b) Book readers.
(c) Story tellers.
11. In Chapter 1, the lonely princess in Magpie's story wanted help finding what?
(a) Her parents.
(b) More birds.
(c) A playmate.
12. In Chapter 1, who wondered whether Paley had the authority to change the rules of play?
(a) The parents.
(b) Her Principal.
(c) Her students.
(d) Her peers.
13. Another Paley student, Nelson, said that who won't let him play?
14. Magpie asks Raymond to help him rescue what animal?
15. According to Magpie's story when can the lonely princess be with the child?
(a) At dawn and dusk only.
(b) All the time.
(c) During the day.
(d) Only at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. During discussions with students, one grade decided to have what rule as an alternative to having a boss during play?
2. In Chapter 1 what deceased person does Prince Kareem refer when answering Magpie?
3. What is the name of the Queen's son that needs to be rescued?
4. Why was Angelo sad in Chapter 1?
5. What is created over the hole to entice Annabella to come close enough to fall in?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)