|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Running alongside Magpie down a mountain, following a crisis, Annabella and Magpie discover an eagle has stolen what from some tiny people?
(a) A pet.
(d) A small child.
2. In Chapter 1, the lonely princess in Magpie's story wanted help finding what?
(a) More birds.
(b) Her parents.
(d) A playmate.
3. In Magpie's story, on what day does the lonely princess forget the rules while she is with her new friends?
4. Paley looked back at discussions with her students and decided that play develops ____ and that this also develops out of play.
5. When Annabella and her father reach the shore for Magpie's Kingdom home who is there to greet them besides Alexandra?
(a) Queen Orangelina.
(d) Prince Kareem.
6. Magpie asks Raymond to help him rescue what animal?
7. Which grade revealed during questioning about the fairness of the new rule that they remembered it is bad not to let other kids play?
8. According to the tiny people, the unsafe mountain is surrounded by ____ and clouds.
(c) Tall trees.
9. Who plots and digs a hole for Annabella to get trapped in?
(c) The flower prince.
10. Magpie is found alone and under this, after birth?
11. What do the girls ask Beatrice to do to Raymond?
(a) Make him disappear.
(b) Tie his shoe laces together.
(c) Turn him into a frog.
(d) Make him bald.
12. How old was the author when she decides to set out to thwart this practice of "You can't play?"
13. Once it becomes night, Magpie directs his rescue companions to turn back because they can not do what?
(b) See where they are going at night.
(c) Stop shaking in fear.
(d) Fly to where the eagle's nest is located.
14. The girl inside the castle is named Annabella and she is descended from ___ kings and queens.
15. After climbing the mountain path, Annabella discovers that the tiny people live inside of what?
(b) Tree Trunks.
(d) Sea Shells.
Short Answer Questions
1. The tiny people reveal they are usually safe, except when they climb which mountain?
2. Who is sitting behind a tree and thinking she is not as nice as Magpie thinks she is, as Annabella and her father arrive in Magpie's Kingdom home?
3. Who introduces Magpie to Prince Kareem?
4. Who almost steps on Magpie after his birth?
5. Besides Annabella, who accompanies Magpie when Magpie goes to rescue the small child from the eagle?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)