|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Paley told her class a story to help them ___ the new rule.
2. With a hoarse voice in Chapter 1, Paley went off to speak where?
(a) Washington State.
3. How many students were in Paley's kindergarten class when she posts her sign changing the rules of play?
4. After forgetting the rules, how does the now sad princess in Magpie's story in Chapter 1 get home?
(a) Wind gusts.
(b) Magic leaves.
(c) Flying geese.
(d) River of tears.
5. In Chapter 1, the lonely princess in Magpie's story wanted help finding what?
(a) Her parents.
(b) A playmate.
(d) More birds.
6. What is the name of the tiny people's Queen?
7. Beatrice has a sister named what?
8. The tiny people suggested that what live in the unsafe mountain?
9. What do the girls ask Beatrice to do to Raymond?
(a) Tie his shoe laces together.
(b) Make him disappear.
(c) Turn him into a frog.
(d) Make him bald.
10. Running alongside Magpie down a mountain, following a crisis, Annabella and Magpie discover an eagle has stolen what from some tiny people?
(b) A pet.
(c) A small child.
11. Who helps Annabella and her father board the waiting ship?
(a) The tiny flower people.
(b) No one.
(c) A sailor.
12. After Magpie finished telling a story to the flower prince, the flower prince laughed and gave Magpie what?
(a) A toy.
(d) A hug.
13. Magpie tells a story about a lonely princess who wished for what to come and help her?
(a) A magician.
(b) A bird.
(c) A fairy Godmother.
(d) A witch.
14. What surprises Prince Kareem about Magpie?
(a) Magpie dreams.
(b) Magpie's color.
(c) Magpie speaks.
(d) Magpie can't fly.
15. Who draws a picture of Magpie and tapes it to the wall?
(d) Prince Kareem.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Annabella and Prince Kareem travel to Magpie's Kingdom home?
2. In Chapter 2, after Lisa told her story, Paley realized that Lisa wanted to be like who from the imaginary story?
3. According to Magpie's story when can the lonely princess be with the child?
4. What is the name of the Kingdom from which Magpie has come?
5. Nelson is rejected in play because he did not want to play what role chosen by other children?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)