|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the tiny people's Queen?
2. In Paley's discussion with ___ graders, in Chapter 2, she discovered that they find it much easier when playing to just accept a boss.
3. Who helps Annabella and her father board the waiting ship?
(a) A sailor.
(b) The tiny flower people.
(d) No one.
4. Which grade, during Paley's inquiries in Chapter 2, insisted that they have become too mean to use the new rule and think it should be introduced earlier?
5. With a hoarse voice in Chapter 1, Paley went off to speak where?
(d) Washington State.
6. In the story about the lonely princess, the bird helps the princess find a ___ child.
7. Who is not there to meet Annabella and her father when they arrive on shore at Magpie's Kingdom home?
(b) Prince Kareem.
8. The girl inside the castle is named Annabella and she is descended from ___ kings and queens.
9. What is the name of the Queen's son that needs to be rescued?
(b) Orange Anther.
(c) Orange Flower.
10. Running alongside Magpie down a mountain, following a crisis, Annabella and Magpie discover an eagle has stolen what from some tiny people?
(b) A small child.
(c) A pet.
11. In Annabella's castle, singing used to attract what?
12. During discussions with students, one grade decided to have what rule as an alternative to having a boss during play?
(a) Volunteer rule.
(b) Don't be mean rule.
(c) Let everyone play rule.
(d) Voting rule.
13. Paley told her class a story to help them ___ the new rule.
14. Magpie and Kareem discover that they are both what?
(a) Story tellers.
(d) Book readers.
15. Inside the castle Magpie finds a girl doing what?
(a) Brushing a doll's hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. At sundown, what does the lonely princess lose, according to magpie's story?
2. In Chapter 1, the lonely princess in Magpie's story wanted help finding what?
3. Which grade revealed during questioning about the fairness of the new rule that they remembered it is bad not to let other kids play?
4. The ___ flowers close up when Annabella reaches to pluck one for her father.
5. Magpie asks Annabella and Prince Kareem why they live where there are no ____, if they like them so much.
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)