|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, after Lisa told her story, Paley realized that Lisa wanted to be like who from the imaginary story?
(a) Prince Kareem.
2. During discussions with students, one grade decided to have what rule as an alternative to having a boss during play?
(a) Voting rule.
(b) Don't be mean rule.
(c) Volunteer rule.
(d) Let everyone play rule.
3. What is the name of the Kingdom from which Magpie has come?
(a) The Kingdom of Playful Fairies.
(b) The Bird Kingdom.
(c) The Kingdom of Tall Pines.
(d) The Kingdom of Kings and Queens.
4. After leaving the tiny flower people, Annabella, her father, and Magpie leave and cross the ___ mountain.
5. The girl inside the castle is named Annabella and she is descended from ___ kings and queens.
6. What grade, during Paley's inquiries in Chapter 2, thought the new play rule would work on Paley's class but not them because it was too late?
7. Which one of Paley's student's did not understand the Magpie story, and Paley explained about the Magpie in her mind?
8. Besides Ben, what other child has decided Nelson should play an unflattering role during play?
9. According to the tiny people, the unsafe mountain is surrounded by ____ and clouds.
(c) Tall trees.
10. Which grade revealed during questioning about the fairness of the new rule that they remembered it is bad not to let other kids play?
11. Who raises Magpie?
12. Magpie asks Annabella and Prince Kareem why they live where there are no ____, if they like them so much.
13. In Chapter 2, who comforts Beatrice after she cries and helps her feel accepted?
(b) Mary Louise.
(c) Prince Kareem.
14. According to Magpie's story when can the lonely princess be with the child?
(a) All the time.
(b) Only at night.
(c) During the day.
(d) At dawn and dusk only.
15. How many kids from Paley's class seemed happy about this new rule?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Magpie in Chapter 1, how many children live in the Kingdom that he calls home?
2. In the story about the lonely princess, the bird helps the princess find a ___ child.
3. The ___ flowers close up when Annabella reaches to pluck one for her father.
4. Paley looked back at discussions with her students and decided that play develops ____ and that this also develops out of play.
5. Paley left her seemingly unhappy and stressed classroom to go to ___ to speak about happy classrooms.
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)