|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, who comforts Beatrice after she cries and helps her feel accepted?
(c) Prince Kareem.
(d) Mary Louise.
2. Magpie and Kareem discover that they are both what?
(c) Story tellers.
(d) Book readers.
3. According to Magpie's story when can the lonely princess be with the child?
(a) All the time.
(b) Only at night.
(c) At dawn and dusk only.
(d) During the day.
4. Besides Ben, what other child has decided Nelson should play an unflattering role during play?
5. Whom does the flower prince love?
6. In Annabella's castle, singing used to attract what?
7. Why are the ship's crew and captain upset, as Annabella and her father learn once aboard?
(a) The ship is damaged.
(b) There is a food thief on board.
(c) They will be delayed one day.
(d) There is a storm coming.
8. How many students were in Paley's kindergarten class when she posts her sign changing the rules of play?
9. In Chapter 1 what deceased person does Prince Kareem refer when answering Magpie?
(a) His mother.
(b) The King.
(c) His wife.
(d) His sister.
10. Annabella leads Magpie down where in the story?
(a) A path.
(b) A hole.
(c) A stairway.
(d) A tunnel.
11. Who almost steps on Magpie after his birth?
12. Who reinforced the loneliness of outcast students, according to Paley in Chapter 1?
13. Who is not there to meet Annabella and her father when they arrive on shore at Magpie's Kingdom home?
(d) Prince Kareem.
14. The ___ flowers close up when Annabella reaches to pluck one for her father.
15. As Raymond leaves to see his mother, who follows Raymond?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Angelo sad in Chapter 1?
2. How do Annabella and Prince Kareem travel to Magpie's Kingdom home?
3. The tiny people reveal they are usually safe, except when they climb which mountain?
4. After leaving the tiny flower people, Annabella, her father, and Magpie leave and cross the ___ mountain.
5. On the journey to Magpie's Kingdom home, they reach ___ where Annabella wants to stop and smell the flowers.
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)