|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, who wondered whether Paley had the authority to change the rules of play?
(a) Her peers.
(b) Her Principal.
(c) Her students.
(d) The parents.
2. What is the name of the tiny people's Queen?
3. Who raises Magpie?
4. Who draws a picture of Magpie and tapes it to the wall?
(b) Prince Kareem.
5. How old was the author when she decides to set out to thwart this practice of "You can't play?"
6. In Paley's discussion with ___ graders, in Chapter 2, she discovered that they find it much easier when playing to just accept a boss.
7. Who is sitting behind a tree and thinking she is not as nice as Magpie thinks she is, as Annabella and her father arrive in Magpie's Kingdom home?
(b) Queen Orangelina.
8. Nelson is rejected in play because he did not want to play what role chosen by other children?
(a) Bad Transformer.
(b) GI Joe Traitor.
9. Under a ___ tree Magpie watches two people argue about him after his birth.
10. Prince Kareem is writing a book about what?
11. Paley told her class a story to help them ___ the new rule.
12. Who reinforced the loneliness of outcast students, according to Paley in Chapter 1?
13. According to Magpie in Chapter 1, how many children live in the Kingdom that he calls home?
14. Beatrice has a sister named what?
15. Magpie tells Annabella about Alexandra who is a ___ at Magpie's home castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the flower prince love?
2. Besides Ben, what other child has decided Nelson should play an unflattering role during play?
3. After climbing the mountain path, Annabella discovers that the tiny people live inside of what?
4. Once it becomes night, Magpie directs his rescue companions to turn back because they can not do what?
5. Annabella leads Magpie down where in the story?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)