|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who jumps into the hole with Annabella?
2. Why are the ship's crew and captain upset, as Annabella and her father learn once aboard?
(a) The ship is damaged.
(b) There is a storm coming.
(c) There is a food thief on board.
(d) They will be delayed one day.
3. Nelson is rejected in play because he did not want to play what role chosen by other children?
(b) Bad Transformer.
(c) GI Joe Traitor.
4. Paley looked back at discussions with her students and decided that play develops ____ and that this also develops out of play.
5. Which one of Paley's student's did not understand the Magpie story, and Paley explained about the Magpie in her mind?
6. Where do Annabella and her father live once they are in Magpie's Kingdom home?
(a) A decorated cave.
(b) A cottage.
(c) The castle.
(d) An anchored ship.
7. Why was Angelo sad in Chapter 1?
(a) He forgot the rule.
(b) He forgot his toy for show and tell.
(c) His best friend moved.
(d) He dreamed of being alone.
8. In Paley's discussion with ___ graders, in Chapter 2, she discovered that they find it much easier when playing to just accept a boss.
9. Whom does the flower prince love?
10. Who is not there to meet Annabella and her father when they arrive on shore at Magpie's Kingdom home?
(b) Prince Kareem.
11. Magpie tells Annabella about Alexandra who is a ___ at Magpie's home castle.
12. Which grade, during Paley's inquiries in Chapter 2, insisted that they have become too mean to use the new rule and think it should be introduced earlier?
13. Beatrix is a __ who saved Magpie's life.
14. The girl inside the castle is named Annabella and she is descended from ___ kings and queens.
15. Paley told her class a story to help them ___ the new rule.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Annabella and her father board the waiting ship?
2. Running alongside Magpie down a mountain, following a crisis, Annabella and Magpie discover an eagle has stolen what from some tiny people?
3. Magpie is found alone and under this, after birth?
4. In Chapter 1, the lonely princess in Magpie's story wanted help finding what?
5. In Chapter 1 what deceased person does Prince Kareem refer when answering Magpie?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)