|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Paley left her seemingly unhappy and stressed classroom to go to ___ to speak about happy classrooms.
(b) West Virginia.
2. According to Magpie's story when can the lonely princess be with the child?
(a) All the time.
(b) At dawn and dusk only.
(c) Only at night.
(d) During the day.
3. Prince Kareem is writing a book about what?
4. In Chapter 1, who wondered whether Paley had the authority to change the rules of play?
(a) Her students.
(b) The parents.
(c) Her Principal.
(d) Her peers.
5. Who is Maruska?
(a) Alexandra's friend.
(b) Annabella's doll.
(c) Paley's teaching assistant.
(d) Kareem's wife.
6. What is the name of the tiny people's Queen?
7. Who is not there to meet Annabella and her father when they arrive on shore at Magpie's Kingdom home?
(b) Prince Kareem.
8. The ___ flowers close up when Annabella reaches to pluck one for her father.
9. Once night falls on the journey to Magpie's Kingdom Home, they stop for the night, and Annabella spies what as she prepares her bed?
10. In Paley's discussion with ___ graders, in Chapter 2, she discovered that they find it much easier when playing to just accept a boss.
11. Beatrix is a __ who saved Magpie's life.
12. How many students were in Paley's kindergarten class when she posts her sign changing the rules of play?
13. The tiny people reveal they are usually safe, except when they climb which mountain?
14. What is the name of the Kingdom from which Magpie has come?
(a) The Kingdom of Kings and Queens.
(b) The Kingdom of Tall Pines.
(c) The Kingdom of Playful Fairies.
(d) The Bird Kingdom.
15. In Chapter 2, who comforts Beatrice after she cries and helps her feel accepted?
(c) Mary Louise.
(d) Prince Kareem.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who raises Magpie?
2. During discussions with students, one grade decided to have what rule as an alternative to having a boss during play?
3. Whom does the flower prince love?
4. What is created over the hole to entice Annabella to come close enough to fall in?
5. Clara, one of Paley's students, said she is rejected by whom?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)