|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Magpie's story, on what day does the lonely princess forget the rules while she is with her new friends?
2. Who helps Annabella and her father board the waiting ship?
(b) The tiny flower people.
(c) A sailor.
(d) No one.
3. Nelson is rejected in play because he did not want to play what role chosen by other children?
(c) GI Joe Traitor.
(d) Bad Transformer.
4. What do the girls ask Beatrice to do to Raymond?
(a) Turn him into a frog.
(b) Make him bald.
(c) Tie his shoe laces together.
(d) Make him disappear.
5. In the story Magpie told to the flower prince, what does the eagle steal?
(a) A magpie.
(b) A queen.
(c) A dog.
(d) A small child.
6. Who is Maruska?
(a) Annabella's doll.
(b) Kareem's wife.
(c) Paley's teaching assistant.
(d) Alexandra's friend.
7. At the end of Chapter 2, Paley's story revealed that this person was the thief from the ship.
(b) The captain.
(c) Uncle Orangerio.
(d) The flower prince.
8. According to the tiny people, the unsafe mountain is surrounded by ____ and clouds.
(c) Tall trees.
9. What color is the bird that comes to help the lonely princess in Magpie's story in Chapter 1?
10. Who encourages the girls to invite Raymond over?
(a) Alexandra's father.
(c) Annabella's father.
11. In a news story Magpie tells the flower prince, the hero boy defeats a lizard with what?
(a) Thorn sword.
(b) Flower stem.
(c) Plaited Petal.
(d) Starched stamen.
12. Who does Magpie fly on his back to help him during the rescue involving the eagle?
(a) Prince Orange Flower.
(b) Uncle Orangerio.
(c) Uncle Oranger.
(d) Prince Oraneg Anther.
13. Once it becomes night, Magpie directs his rescue companions to turn back because they can not do what?
(b) Fly to where the eagle's nest is located.
(c) Stop shaking in fear.
(d) See where they are going at night.
14. After forgetting the rules, how does the now sad princess in Magpie's story in Chapter 1 get home?
(a) Flying geese.
(b) River of tears.
(c) Magic leaves.
(d) Wind gusts.
15. When Annabella and her father reach the shore for Magpie's Kingdom home who is there to greet them besides Alexandra?
(a) Prince Kareem.
(d) Queen Orangelina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paley allow her students to doodle on during class?
2. After climbing the mountain path, Annabella discovers that the tiny people live inside of what?
3. How old was the author when she decides to set out to thwart this practice of "You can't play?"
4. Magpie asks Raymond to help him rescue what animal?
5. In Magpie's story to the flower prince, the hero boy threw stinging liquid back at what creature?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)