|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Magpie is found alone and under this, after birth?
2. Who is Maruska?
(a) Paley's teaching assistant.
(b) Annabella's doll.
(c) Kareem's wife.
(d) Alexandra's friend.
3. In the story about the lonely princess, the bird helps the princess find a ___ child.
4. Why are the ship's crew and captain upset, as Annabella and her father learn once aboard?
(a) They will be delayed one day.
(b) There is a storm coming.
(c) There is a food thief on board.
(d) The ship is damaged.
5. In Magpie's story to the flower prince, the hero boy threw stinging liquid back at what creature?
(a) Giant Eagle.
(c) Mean Magpie.
(d) Sea Serpant.
6. In Chapter 2, who comforts Beatrice after she cries and helps her feel accepted?
(a) Mary Louise.
(c) Prince Kareem.
7. Which one of Paley's student's did not understand the Magpie story, and Paley explained about the Magpie in her mind?
8. Who almost steps on Magpie after his birth?
9. Magpie tells a story about a lonely princess who wished for what to come and help her?
(a) A witch.
(b) A fairy Godmother.
(c) A magician.
(d) A bird.
10. Magpie asks Annabella and Prince Kareem why they live where there are no ____, if they like them so much.
11. On the journey to Magpie's Kingdom home, they reach ___ where Annabella wants to stop and smell the flowers.
(a) A River.
(b) The Dessert.
(c) A Valley.
(d) A Water Fall.
12. After forgetting the rules, how does the now sad princess in Magpie's story in Chapter 1 get home?
(a) Flying geese.
(b) River of tears.
(c) Magic leaves.
(d) Wind gusts.
13. Back in Paley's classroom, which one of Paley's students told their own story where everyone plays?
14. Magpie tells Annabella about Alexandra who is a ___ at Magpie's home castle.
15. With a hoarse voice in Chapter 1, Paley went off to speak where?
(d) Washington State.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beatrix is a __ who saved Magpie's life.
2. At the end of Chapter 2, Paley's story revealed that this person was the thief from the ship.
3. In Chapter 1, who wondered whether Paley had the authority to change the rules of play?
4. According to Magpie's story when can the lonely princess be with the child?
5. Who introduces Magpie to Prince Kareem?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)