|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the journey to Magpie's Kingdom home reaches the sea, they realize they are about to miss the ship because they hear what in the distance?
2. In a news story Magpie tells the flower prince, the hero boy defeats a lizard with what?
(a) Plaited Petal.
(b) Starched stamen.
(c) Thorn sword.
(d) Flower stem.
3. The tiny people suggested that what live in the unsafe mountain?
4. In the story about the lonely princess, the bird helps the princess find a ___ child.
5. As Raymond leaves to see his mother, who follows Raymond?
6. After leaving the tiny flower people, Annabella, her father, and Magpie leave and cross the ___ mountain.
7. Paley looked back at discussions with her students and decided that play develops ____ and that this also develops out of play.
8. Where do Annabella and her father live once they are in Magpie's Kingdom home?
(a) A decorated cave.
(b) The castle.
(c) An anchored ship.
(d) A cottage.
9. Why are the ship's crew and captain upset, as Annabella and her father learn once aboard?
(a) The ship is damaged.
(b) There is a storm coming.
(c) There is a food thief on board.
(d) They will be delayed one day.
10. What is the name of the Queen's son that needs to be rescued?
(a) Orange Anther.
(b) Orange Flower.
11. Who does Magpie fly on his back to help him during the rescue involving the eagle?
(a) Prince Orange Flower.
(b) Prince Oraneg Anther.
(c) Uncle Orangerio.
(d) Uncle Oranger.
12. Who raises Magpie?
13. At sundown, what does the lonely princess lose, according to magpie's story?
(a) Her eyesight.
(b) Her magic.
(c) Her hearing.
(d) Her wings.
14. Paley told her class a story to help them ___ the new rule.
15. What is the name of the Kingdom from which Magpie has come?
(a) The Kingdom of Tall Pines.
(b) The Kingdom of Playful Fairies.
(c) The Bird Kingdom.
(d) The Kingdom of Kings and Queens.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Paley's discussion with ___ graders, in Chapter 2, she discovered that they find it much easier when playing to just accept a boss.
2. After forgetting the rules, how does the now sad princess in Magpie's story in Chapter 1 get home?
3. Who almost steps on Magpie after his birth?
4. In Chapter 2, after Lisa told her story, Paley realized that Lisa wanted to be like who from the imaginary story?
5. In Paley's mind, the Magpie helped her by flying around the castle how many times?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)