|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who draws a picture of Magpie and tapes it to the wall?
(b) Prince Kareem.
2. According to Magpie in Chapter 1, how many children live in the Kingdom that he calls home?
3. In Paley's discussion with ___ graders, in Chapter 2, she discovered that they find it much easier when playing to just accept a boss.
4. After Magpie finished telling a story to the flower prince, the flower prince laughed and gave Magpie what?
(a) A toy.
(b) A hug.
5. Magpie tells Annabella about Alexandra who is a ___ at Magpie's home castle.
6. Annabella leads Magpie down where in the story?
(a) A stairway.
(b) A hole.
(c) A path.
(d) A tunnel.
7. In Annabella's castle, singing used to attract what?
8. In Chapter 1 what deceased person does Prince Kareem refer when answering Magpie?
(a) The King.
(b) His sister.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
9. In Chapter 2, after Lisa told her story, Paley realized that Lisa wanted to be like who from the imaginary story?
(c) Prince Kareem.
10. What surprises Prince Kareem about Magpie?
(a) Magpie dreams.
(b) Magpie can't fly.
(c) Magpie's color.
(d) Magpie speaks.
11. What color is Raymond's hair?
12. In Chapter 1, who wondered whether Paley had the authority to change the rules of play?
(a) Her Principal.
(b) Her peers.
(c) Her students.
(d) The parents.
13. After climbing the mountain path, Annabella discovers that the tiny people live inside of what?
(b) Sea Shells.
(d) Tree Trunks.
14. What is the name of the Queen's son that needs to be rescued?
(a) Orange Flower.
(c) Orange Anther.
15. Who is not there to meet Annabella and her father when they arrive on shore at Magpie's Kingdom home?
(b) Prince Kareem.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides Ben, what other child has decided Nelson should play an unflattering role during play?
2. Running alongside Magpie down a mountain, following a crisis, Annabella and Magpie discover an eagle has stolen what from some tiny people?
3. With a hoarse voice in Chapter 1, Paley went off to speak where?
4. Why are the ship's crew and captain upset, as Annabella and her father learn once aboard?
5. Who does Magpie fly on his back to help him during the rescue involving the eagle?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)