|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Magpie tells a story about a lonely princess who wished for what to come and help her?
(a) A witch.
(b) A fairy Godmother.
(c) A magician.
(d) A bird.
2. Once night falls on the journey to Magpie's Kingdom Home, they stop for the night, and Annabella spies what as she prepares her bed?
3. Paley told her class a story to help them ___ the new rule.
4. The tiny people reveal they are usually safe, except when they climb which mountain?
5. Paley left her seemingly unhappy and stressed classroom to go to ___ to speak about happy classrooms.
(d) West Virginia.
6. Another Paley student, Nelson, said that who won't let him play?
7. Besides Ben, what other child has decided Nelson should play an unflattering role during play?
8. Why are the ship's crew and captain upset, as Annabella and her father learn once aboard?
(a) They will be delayed one day.
(b) There is a storm coming.
(c) The ship is damaged.
(d) There is a food thief on board.
9. Where do Annabella and her father live once they are in Magpie's Kingdom home?
(a) A cottage.
(b) A decorated cave.
(c) The castle.
(d) An anchored ship.
10. Magpie tells Annabella about Alexandra who is a ___ at Magpie's home castle.
11. Paley looked back at discussions with her students and decided that play develops ____ and that this also develops out of play.
12. Prince Kareem is writing a book about what?
13. According to Magpie's story when can the lonely princess be with the child?
(a) During the day.
(b) All the time.
(c) Only at night.
(d) At dawn and dusk only.
14. On the journey to Magpie's Kingdom home, they reach ___ where Annabella wants to stop and smell the flowers.
(a) A River.
(b) The Dessert.
(c) A Water Fall.
(d) A Valley.
15. How old was the author when she decides to set out to thwart this practice of "You can't play?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Beatrix is a __ who saved Magpie's life.
2. Who draws a picture of Magpie and tapes it to the wall?
3. How many students were in Paley's kindergarten class when she posts her sign changing the rules of play?
4. Which one of Paley's student's did not understand the Magpie story, and Paley explained about the Magpie in her mind?
5. Who encourages the girls to invite Raymond over?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)