Chapter 1, You Can't Play, The Habit of Rejection
1. What common practice among small children did the author hope to stop with her experiment?
2. How old was the author when she decides to set out to thwart this practice of "You can't play?"
3. How many students were in Paley's kindergarten class when she posts her sign changing the rules of play?
4. How many kids from Paley's class seemed happy about this new rule?
5. Paley told her class a story to help them ___ the new rule.
6. Paley left her seemingly unhappy and stressed classroom to go to ___ to speak about happy classrooms.
(c) West Virginia.
7. Which one of Paley's student's did not understand the Magpie story, and Paley explained about the Magpie in her mind?
8. In Paley's mind, the Magpie helped her by flying around the castle how many times?
This section contains 3,573 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)