|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Christine when she gets her terminal diagnosis from the IHS doctor?
2. What is Dayton trying to hide from Christine on his desk?
3. Who does Christine think Rayona is at first when she shows up at Dayton's house after the rodeo?
4. What song do Elgin and Christine dance to on their wedding night?
5. What does Christine listen to on the radio as she drives to Montana to give Rayona to Aunt Ida?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following characters to discuss the internal struggle between a character's strength and weakness, focusing not only on the character who best exemplifies this struggle, but also has moments of triumph.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Dayton and his impact on various characters throughout the novel. Why does Dorris introduce, but never confirm, the possibility of a homosexual relationship between him and Lee? Is Dayton a hero of the novel or just another flawed character?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss in detail two or three scenes that show the clash of cultures and what impact it has on the characters involved.
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)