|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rayona convinced that Christine is suffering from?
2. When Christine sees Aunt Ida, as they approached her house on foot, she is surprised to see Aunt Ida wearing what?
3. Christine never loves another man as much as she loves who?
4. What is the name of the hotel where Elgin and Christine live in Seattle?
5. What does Christine teach Rayona while they live with Dayton?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of Dayton and his impact on various characters throughout the novel. Why does Dorris introduce, but never confirm, the possibility of a homosexual relationship between him and Lee? Is Dayton a hero of the novel or just another flawed character?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of popular culture throughout the novel and the thread it provides to tie many aspects of the novel together.
Essay Topic 3
Is The Yellow Raft in Blue Water a testament to the strength of family ties, or a cautionary tale about the tangled web of family legacies?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)