Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Christine when she gets her terminal diagnosis from the IHS doctor?
2. What is Dayton trying to hide from Christine on his desk?
3. Who does Christine think Rayona is at first when she shows up at Dayton's house after the rodeo?
4. What song do Elgin and Christine dance to on their wedding night?
5. What does Christine listen to on the radio as she drives to Montana to give Rayona to Aunt Ida?
Discuss the use of imagery and figurative language throughout the novel. What purpose does it serve to strengthen the narrative and add to the emotional impact of the novel?
Discuss the use of symbolism throughout the novel. Where is it used, and to what effect? Does the symbolism correspond with any themes?
Discuss how Dorris uses Christine as the middle ground, the bridge between old stories and new beginnings, both literally and figuratively.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)