Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Christine when she gets her terminal diagnosis from the IHS doctor?
2. What is Dayton trying to hide from Christine on his desk?
3. Who does Christine think Rayona is at first when she shows up at Dayton's house after the rodeo?
4. What song do Elgin and Christine dance to on their wedding night?
5. What does Christine listen to on the radio as she drives to Montana to give Rayona to Aunt Ida?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Dorris uses Christine as the middle ground, the bridge between old stories and new beginnings, both literally and figuratively.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Dorris' use of humor and irony throughout the novel. How does the humor provide an important counterpoint to the raw emotions of the novel? How do humor and irony add to the poignancy of these women's stories?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of popular culture throughout the novel and the thread it provides to tie many aspects of the novel together.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)