|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Catholic funeral service for Lee?
2. What kind of club do Elgin and Christine go to on their wedding night?
3. Who writes to tell Christine that Lee dies in Vietnam?
4. What song do Elgin and Christine dance to on their wedding night?
5. In Christine's hallucination during the snow-covered drive to Montana, where does she see Lee standing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Dorris uses Christine as the middle ground, the bridge between old stories and new beginnings, both literally and figuratively.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of belonging and abandonment as it is shown through Rayona, Christine, Ida and Dayton.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the structure of the novel and the effect of having the story told from three points of view. How does the impact of the novel different if the story is told in the reverse order?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)