|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Christine when she gets her terminal diagnosis from the IHS doctor?
2. Christine remembers what she reads about in ____________ so she can tell Dayton about it while they eat dinner in the evenings.
3. What does Aunt Ida call Christine when her daughter comes to collect the package from Charlene?
4. What eight-track tape is playing in the pickup as Christine flees Aunt Ida's?
5. What does Christine see in the trash the day she leaves the reservation, after attending Lee's funeral?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the structure of the novel and the effect of having the story told from three points of view. How does the impact of the novel different if the story is told in the reverse order?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of popular culture throughout the novel and the thread it provides to tie many aspects of the novel together.
Essay Topic 3
What does Aunt Ida mean when she says, "I never grow up, but I get old."? How is this also true in some ways for both Christine and Rayona?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)