|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elgin always smell like to Christine?
2. What does Christine listen to on the radio as she drives to Montana to give Rayona to Aunt Ida?
3. Who does Christine dance with during the flag ceremony for Lee?
4. Who does Aunt Ida dance with during the flag ceremony for Lee?
5. Christine and Dayton act like what while Christine stays with him?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Dorris's portrayal of Indians and Indian culture. Are his depictions stereotypical or does he show them to be nuanced human beings with individual, as well as a collective struggle to find their places in the world?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of imagery and figurative language throughout the novel. What purpose does it serve to strengthen the narrative and add to the emotional impact of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
How is the theme of perception, both of self and the surrounding world, used in various shadings throughout the novel?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)