|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Christine remembers what she reads about in ____________ so she can tell Dayton about it while they eat dinner in the evenings.
2. What does Aunt Ida keep saying to Christine when she comes to see her at Dayton's house?
3. What does Christine give to Rayona on the way to get Babe from the stud farm?
4. What is Christine's due date with Rayona?
5. What does Aunt Ida give to Christine when she comes to Dayton's for dinner?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Dorris's portrayal of Indians and Indian culture. Are his depictions stereotypical or does he show them to be nuanced human beings with individual, as well as a collective struggle to find their places in the world?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following characters to discuss the internal struggle between a character's strength and weakness, focusing not only on the character who best exemplifies this struggle, but also has moments of triumph.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of ethnic identity throughout the novel in relation to the following characters: Rayona, Christine, Aunt Ida and Lee.
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)