|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Christine thinks over her conversation with Aunt Ida, working it in her mind, like it is what?
2. What does Christine leave behind in one of the many apartments she rushes to move out of?
3. What is the most valuable thing Christine tells Rayona she has?
4. What is Rayona and Christine's favorite billboard in Seattle?
5. What kind of club do Elgin and Christine go to on their wedding night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following characters to discuss the internal struggle between a character's strength and weakness, focusing not only on the character who best exemplifies this struggle, but also has moments of triumph.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss in detail two or three scenes that show the clash of cultures and what impact it has on the characters involved.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of ethnic identity throughout the novel in relation to the following characters: Rayona, Christine, Aunt Ida and Lee.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)