Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Christine when she gets her terminal diagnosis from the IHS doctor?
2. What is Dayton trying to hide from Christine on his desk?
3. Who does Christine think Rayona is at first when she shows up at Dayton's house after the rodeo?
4. What song do Elgin and Christine dance to on their wedding night?
5. What does Christine listen to on the radio as she drives to Montana to give Rayona to Aunt Ida?
Is The Yellow Raft in Blue Water a testament to the strength of family ties, or a cautionary tale about the tangled web of family legacies?
Discuss Dorris' use of humor and irony throughout the novel. How does the humor provide an important counterpoint to the raw emotions of the novel? How do humor and irony add to the poignancy of these women's stories?
Discuss the theme of belonging and abandonment as it is shown through Rayona, Christine, Ida and Dayton.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)