|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Christine sleep the night Dayton goes to the rodeo?
2. What does Aunt Ida bring to Rayona when she comes to Seattle?
3. Who holds the flag during the veteran flag ceremony for Lee?
4. Who does Aunt Ida dance with during the flag ceremony for Lee?
5. What is the name of Pauline's son, who Christine thinks is a brat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss in detail two or three scenes that show the clash of cultures and what impact it has on the characters involved.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Dorris's portrayal of Indians and Indian culture. Are his depictions stereotypical or does he show them to be nuanced human beings with individual, as well as a collective struggle to find their places in the world?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of imagery and figurative language throughout the novel. What purpose does it serve to strengthen the narrative and add to the emotional impact of the novel?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)