|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Christine when she gets her terminal diagnosis from the IHS doctor?
2. Who holds the flag during the veteran flag ceremony for Lee?
3. Christine thinks over her conversation with Aunt Ida, working it in her mind, like it is what?
4. Who is Christine surprised to see in a photo hanging on Dayton's wall?
5. What does Christine give to Rayona on the way to get Babe from the stud farm?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is A Yellow Raft in Blue Water a coming-of-age novel? Why or why not? Who makes a true transformation in the novel, gaining insight and maturity?
Essay Topic 2
What role do secrets play in the narrative of the three women and who do they affect the most profoundly?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of ethnic identity throughout the novel in relation to the following characters: Rayona, Christine, Aunt Ida and Lee.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)