|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Christine jumps into the pickup to get away from Aunt Ida's house, what does she smell?
2. Who does Aunt Ida come to Seattle to visit in the hospital?
3. What is the name of the hotel where Elgin and Christine live in Seattle?
4. What television show does the labor nurse tell Christine to think about during labor?
5. Christine always thinks the IHS hospital smells like _________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of belonging and abandonment as it is shown through Rayona, Christine, Ida and Dayton.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Dayton and his impact on various characters throughout the novel. Why does Dorris introduce, but never confirm, the possibility of a homosexual relationship between him and Lee? Is Dayton a hero of the novel or just another flawed character?
Essay Topic 3
What role do secrets play in the narrative of the three women and who do they affect the most profoundly?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)