|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aunt Ida gets angry when Rayona calls her what?
2. What is the only thing Christine can eat that agrees with her illness toward the end of her illness?
3. What is covering Lee's coffin in Aunt Ida's living room?
4. What kind of dressing does Christine order on her salad when she goes out with Dayton after Lee's funeral?
5. What is Christine's due date with Rayona?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following characters to discuss the internal struggle between a character's strength and weakness, focusing not only on the character who best exemplifies this struggle, but also has moments of triumph.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Dayton and his impact on various characters throughout the novel. Why does Dorris introduce, but never confirm, the possibility of a homosexual relationship between him and Lee? Is Dayton a hero of the novel or just another flawed character?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of popular culture throughout the novel and the thread it provides to tie many aspects of the novel together.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)