|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Christine never loves another man as much as she loves who?
2. While staying with Datyon, what does Christine do for the first time in her life?
3. What does the company make where Christine works in Seattle when she is pregnant?
4. How old is Christine when she gets her terminal diagnosis from the IHS doctor?
5. Who does Aunt Ida come to Seattle to visit in the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of Father Hurlburt and his role through all three women's stories. What is the overall purpose of this character and what noble traits does he embody?
Essay Topic 2
How is the theme of perception, both of self and the surrounding world, used in various shadings throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following characters to discuss the internal struggle between a character's strength and weakness, focusing not only on the character who best exemplifies this struggle, but also has moments of triumph.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)