|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing Christine can eat that agrees with her illness toward the end of her illness?
2. In Christine's hallucination during the snow-covered drive to Montana, where does she see Lee standing?
3. How old is Christine when she gets her terminal diagnosis from the IHS doctor?
4. What is the name of the hotel where Elgin and Christine live in Seattle?
5. What does Christine leave behind in one of the many apartments she rushes to move out of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following characters to discuss the internal struggle between a character's strength and weakness, focusing not only on the character who best exemplifies this struggle, but also has moments of triumph.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the structure of the novel and the effect of having the story told from three points of view. How does the impact of the novel different if the story is told in the reverse order?
Essay Topic 3
How is the theme of perception, both of self and the surrounding world, used in various shadings throughout the novel?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)