|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Ida come to Dayton's house to tell Christine?
2. What does Christine ask the IHS doctor for after he gives her the terminal diagnosis?
3. What is the color of the scarf that Aunt Ida uses to wipe the dirt off Lee's coffin?
4. What Christine and Rayona know about fixing cars doesn't fit into a ____________.
5. What kind of club do Elgin and Christine go to on their wedding night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the three strands of the same story are woven throughout the novel like a braid. What is the symbolism of braids throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following characters to discuss the internal struggle between a character's strength and weakness, focusing not only on the character who best exemplifies this struggle, but also has moments of triumph.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of belonging and abandonment as it is shown through Rayona, Christine, Ida and Dayton.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)