|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dayton trying to hide from Christine on his desk?
2. What is Christine's due date with Rayona?
3. What is the name of the bar where Christine is a regular and takes Rayona?
4. What kind of club do Elgin and Christine go to on their wedding night?
5. Where does Christine sleep the night Dayton goes to the rodeo?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of belonging and abandonment as it is shown through Rayona, Christine, Ida and Dayton.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Dorris uses Christine as the middle ground, the bridge between old stories and new beginnings, both literally and figuratively.
Essay Topic 3
Is The Yellow Raft in Blue Water a testament to the strength of family ties, or a cautionary tale about the tangled web of family legacies?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)