|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christine leave on Dayton's desk?
2. What does Christine ask the IHS doctor for after he gives her the terminal diagnosis?
3. Who holds the flag during the veteran flag ceremony for Lee?
4. What is the date of Elgin's discharge from the military?
5. Where does Christine sleep the night Dayton goes to the rodeo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role do secrets play in the narrative of the three women and who do they affect the most profoundly?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Dorris uses Christine as the middle ground, the bridge between old stories and new beginnings, both literally and figuratively.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of ethnic identity throughout the novel in relation to the following characters: Rayona, Christine, Aunt Ida and Lee.
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)