Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Christine when she gets her terminal diagnosis from the IHS doctor?
2. What is Dayton trying to hide from Christine on his desk?
3. Who does Christine think Rayona is at first when she shows up at Dayton's house after the rodeo?
4. What song do Elgin and Christine dance to on their wedding night?
5. What does Christine listen to on the radio as she drives to Montana to give Rayona to Aunt Ida?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the structure of the novel and the effect of having the story told from three points of view. How does the impact of the novel different if the story is told in the reverse order?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Dorris's portrayal of Indians and Indian culture. Are his depictions stereotypical or does he show them to be nuanced human beings with individual, as well as a collective struggle to find their places in the world?
Essay Topic 3
Is A Yellow Raft in Blue Water a coming-of-age novel? Why or why not? Who makes a true transformation in the novel, gaining insight and maturity?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)