|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Christine remembers what she reads about in ____________ so she can tell Dayton about it while they eat dinner in the evenings.
2. What does the company make where Christine works in Seattle when she is pregnant?
3. What television show does the labor nurse tell Christine to think about during labor?
4. When Christine sees Aunt Ida, as they approached her house on foot, she is surprised to see Aunt Ida wearing what?
5. Christine never loves another man as much as she loves who?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Dorris's portrayal of Indians and Indian culture. Are his depictions stereotypical or does he show them to be nuanced human beings with individual, as well as a collective struggle to find their places in the world?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the structure of the novel and the effect of having the story told from three points of view. How does the impact of the novel different if the story is told in the reverse order?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Dorris uses Christine as the middle ground, the bridge between old stories and new beginnings, both literally and figuratively.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)