|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Catholic funeral service for Lee?
2. What television show does the labor nurse tell Christine to think about during labor?
3. What is the name of the hotel where Elgin and Christine live in Seattle?
4. What is the date of Elgin's discharge from the military?
5. What kind of dressing does Christine order on her salad when she goes out with Dayton after Lee's funeral?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the three strands of the same story are woven throughout the novel like a braid. What is the symbolism of braids throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the structure of the novel and the effect of having the story told from three points of view. How does the impact of the novel different if the story is told in the reverse order?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of religion in the novel and how Dorris uses it to reveal certain aspects of the characters and themes.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)