|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Growing up, Rayona likes the __________ of her father.
2. What is the name of the Catholic funeral service for Lee?
3. Who does Christine dance with during the flag ceremony for Lee?
4. What song do Elgin and Christine dance to on their wedding night?
5. What is the most valuable thing Christine tells Rayona she has?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Dorris uses Christine as the middle ground, the bridge between old stories and new beginnings, both literally and figuratively.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss in detail two or three scenes that show the clash of cultures and what impact it has on the characters involved.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following characters to discuss the internal struggle between a character's strength and weakness, focusing not only on the character who best exemplifies this struggle, but also has moments of triumph.
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)