Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Evelyn's job at the state park?
2. Lee helps Christine when some boys dare her to do what?
3. What does Christine use to help her to convince Dayton that Lee needs to enlist?
4. What is the name of Christine's best friend?
5. What is the name of the town holding the Indian rodeo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Christine come to despise Dayton?
2. How does Christine get a bad reputation on the reservation?
3. How is Rayona treated by Foxy and Annabelle after she arrives at Aunt Ida's house?
4. What does Christine discover about Dayton?
5. What is Christine surprised to be missing the first morning Rayona is in Dayton's house?
6. What story about her family does Rayona tell Sky and Evelyn and why do they believe her?
7. What is the movie slogan that Christine finds amusing?
8. What happens to Christine as she drives through the snowy landscape of Montana on the way to Lee's funeral?
9. How does Rayona end up getting a job at the state park?
10. How does Christine act when they bring her into the hospital for her latest drinking binge and she gets her serious diagnosis?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use of symbolism throughout the novel. Where is it used, and to what effect? Does the symbolism correspond with any themes?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Father Hurlburt and his role through all three women's stories. What is the overall purpose of this character and what noble traits does he embody?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss in detail two or three scenes that show the clash of cultures and what impact it has on the characters involved.
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)