|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lee's nickname for Christine?
2. What is Dayton's draft classification?
3. How much is Christine's lifetime membership fee for Video Village?
4. What is the town that Christine goes to with different men from the reservation?
5. All of Christine's possessions are in plastic bags labeled "Christine" and ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aunt Ida place Lee's casket during the funeral service?
2. What is Dayton and Lee's relationship like?
3. What is Christine's life like once she moves to Seattle?
4. What is the time period of the novel when it switches to Christine's point of view?
5. What is the significance of the cliff near Tacoma where Christine wants to commit suicide?
6. Why does Christine come to despise Dayton?
7. What is the movie slogan that Christine finds amusing?
8. Why is Christine in the hospital at the beginning of the novel?
9. What kind of relationship does Rayona have with Elgin?
10. What happens the day Christine goes into labor with Rayona?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Dorris uses Christine as the middle ground, the bridge between old stories and new beginnings, both literally and figuratively.
Essay Topic 2
How is the theme of perception, both of self and the surrounding world, used in various shadings throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character of Father Hurlburt and his role through all three women's stories. What is the overall purpose of this character and what noble traits does he embody?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)