|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Christine and her friends watch what show on the TV set at the Teen Snack Bar?
2. In the hospital room, Elgin tells Christine that Rayona is no ____________.
3. To Aunt Ida, Lee is the Indian ____________.
4. What is the name of the horse Rayona rides in the rodeo?
5. Christine tells Rayona that she dates a guy who playes an Indian in which movie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Christine meet Elgin?
2. What kind of welcome do Christine and Rayona receive when they show up at Aunt Ida's house?
3. How does Evelyn figure out that Rayona is lying about her parents?
4. What does Christine discover about Dayton?
5. What plan do Clara and Lecon devise to save the family's honor?
6. How does Christine act when they bring her into the hospital for her latest drinking binge and she gets her serious diagnosis?
7. What is Dayton and Lee's relationship like?
8. How does Christine react after Rayona returns to the reservation from her time at the state park?
9. What does Christine do for Rayona that she thinks proves she is a good mother?
10. How is Rayona treated by Foxy and Annabelle after she arrives at Aunt Ida's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following characters to discuss the internal struggle between a character's strength and weakness, focusing not only on the character who best exemplifies this struggle, but also has moments of triumph.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of belonging and abandonment as it is shown through Rayona, Christine, Ida and Dayton.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of symbolism throughout the novel. Where is it used, and to what effect? Does the symbolism correspond with any themes?
This section contains 1,324 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)