Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Evelyn's job at the state park?
2. Lee helps Christine when some boys dare her to do what?
3. What does Christine use to help her to convince Dayton that Lee needs to enlist?
4. What is the name of Christine's best friend?
5. What is the name of the town holding the Indian rodeo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Christine come to despise Dayton?
2. How does Christine get a bad reputation on the reservation?
3. How is Rayona treated by Foxy and Annabelle after she arrives at Aunt Ida's house?
4. What does Christine discover about Dayton?
5. What is Christine surprised to be missing the first morning Rayona is in Dayton's house?
6. What story about her family does Rayona tell Sky and Evelyn and why do they believe her?
7. What is the movie slogan that Christine finds amusing?
8. What happens to Christine as she drives through the snowy landscape of Montana on the way to Lee's funeral?
9. How does Rayona end up getting a job at the state park?
10. How does Christine act when they bring her into the hospital for her latest drinking binge and she gets her serious diagnosis?
Discuss the importance of ethnic identity throughout the novel in relation to the following characters: Rayona, Christine, Aunt Ida and Lee.
Is A Yellow Raft in Blue Water a coming-of-age novel? Why or why not? Who makes a true transformation in the novel, gaining insight and maturity?
Discuss how Dorris uses Christine as the middle ground, the bridge between old stories and new beginnings, both literally and figuratively.
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)