|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Father Tom offer to buy for Rayona after the incident on the yellow raft?
(a) Plane ticket.
(c) Train ticket.
2. Who writes to tell Christine that Lee is MIA?
(a) Aunt Ida.
(b) Father Hurlbert.
3. How tall is Rayona?
(a) Five feet, four inches.
(b) Four feet, ten inches.
(c) Five feet, ten inches.
(d) Five feet, two inches.
4. Father Tom wears a turquoise ring the shape of a ________ to the rodeo.
5. Teenage Christine is obsessed with a letter from __________ to Lucy at Fatima.
(a) Aunt Ida.
(b) Virgin Mary.
(c) The Pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christine's best friend give her as she leaves Seattle?
2. Christine moves out of Aunt Ida's and goes to live with whom?
3. What is Aunt Ida singing along with when Christine and Rayona first arrive to her house?
4. How old is Rayona at the beginning of the novel?
5. What kind of cigarettes does Christine smoke?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Christine discover about Dayton?
2. Why does Christine call her mother Aunt Ida?
3. What is Christine surprised to be missing the first morning Rayona is in Dayton's house?
4. What happens when Christine and Rayona go to the hospital with Aunt Ida to visit Clara?
5. Why does Father Tom come to see Christine?
6. How does it go when Aunt Ida comes to dinner at Dayton's house?
7. How does Evelyn figure out that Rayona is lying about her parents?
8. Where do Elgin and Christine get married and how do they celebrate afterward?
9. What happens when Christine grabs her plastic bags of clothes and runs from Aunt Ida's house?
10. What is Rayona's life like?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)