|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is the letter Christine is obsessed with supposed to be opened?
2. Where does Rayona meet Sky?
(a) Conoco station.
(b) Seven eleven.
(c) Shell station.
(d) Exxon station.
3. A poster of ____________ is hanging on the wall of Christine's childhood room.
(a) Shawn Cassidy.
(b) Elvis Presley.
(c) The Beatles.
(d) The Supremes.
4. What national event upsets Lee deeply?
(a) Kent State riots.
(b) Pearl Harbor.
(c) JFK's assignation.
(d) Bombing of Hiroshima.
5. In the hospital room, Elgin tells Christine that Rayona is no ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the last place Christine sees Lee before he goes to Vietnam?
2. What is Lee's nickname for Christine?
3. What does Rayona get for the "hard luck" prize?
4. How long is it since Rayona sees Aunt Ida?
5. Teenage Christine is obsessed with a letter from __________ to Lucy at Fatima.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the flag ceremony for Lee in the Mission gym?
2. What is the significance of the cliff near Tacoma where Christine wants to commit suicide?
3. What is the one thing Christine is going to miss about Seattle?
4. What is the time period of the novel when it switches to Christine's point of view?
5. How does Christine come to realize that she is being blamed for Lee's death?
6. What is Ida's relationship like with Willard Pretty Dog?
7. What happens between Father Tom and Rayona on the yellow raft in the lake at Bear Paw State Park?
8. What diagnosis does Christine get after she goes into the hospital for drinking too much?
9. How does Christine meet Elgin?
10. What happens when Christine and Rayona go to the hospital with Aunt Ida to visit Clara?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)