|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elgin do for a living?
(b) Rodeo rider.
2. What does Father Tom offer to buy for Rayona after the incident on the yellow raft?
(a) Plane ticket.
(d) Train ticket.
3. Christine grows up on the reservation having a deep respect for the ___________.
(a) Indian heritage.
(b) American flag.
(d) Indian language.
4. What is Aunt Ida's favorite soap opera?
(a) Days of Our Lives.
(c) As the World Turns.
(d) All My Children.
5. Aunt Ida tells Christine that she should leave the reservation and become what?
(a) A college student.
(b) A woman soldier.
(c) A wife and mother.
(d) A working girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christine use to help her to convince Dayton that Lee needs to enlist?
2. What is the name of only guy on the state park staff who is nice to Rayona?
3. How much is Christine's lifetime membership fee for Video Village?
4. What does Christine wear to sneak out of the hospital of Chapter One?
5. To Aunt Ida, Lee is the Indian ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Christine meet Elgin?
2. Why does Christine call her mother Aunt Ida?
3. What is Dayton's house like?
4. Where do Elgin and Christine get married and how do they celebrate afterward?
5. What do Christine and Rayona do after Christine's suicide attempt is thwarted?
6. What happens at the flag ceremony for Lee in the Mission gym?
7. What happens when Christine grabs her plastic bags of clothes and runs from Aunt Ida's house?
8. What story about her family does Rayona tell Sky and Evelyn and why do they believe her?
9. What does Christine do for Rayona that she thinks proves she is a good mother?
10. What diagnosis does Christine get after she goes into the hospital for drinking too much?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)