|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Aunt Ida singing along with when Christine and Rayona first arrive to her house?
2. What year is the letter Christine is obsessed with supposed to be opened?
3. What is Aunt Ida's favorite soap opera?
(a) As the World Turns.
(b) All My Children.
(d) Days of Our Lives.
4. Christine grows up on the reservation having a deep respect for the ___________.
(a) Indian language.
(b) American flag.
(d) Indian heritage.
5. Before learning where her mother is living, where does Rayona think Christine is?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Elgin's parents live?
2. Aunt Ida tells Christine she is turning into a ____________.
3. What stops Christine from committing suicide?
4. Christine moves out of Aunt Ida's and goes to live with whom?
5. What kind of car does Christine drive?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Lee begin to feel confident in his abilities?
2. How does Ida feel about Clara when she first comes to stay with them and care for Annie?
3. Why is Christine in the hospital at the beginning of the novel?
4. How does Christine act when they bring her into the hospital for her latest drinking binge and she gets her serious diagnosis?
5. How does Christine get a bad reputation on the reservation?
6. What happens to Christine as she drives through the snowy landscape of Montana on the way to Lee's funeral?
7. What does Christine do for Rayona that she thinks proves she is a good mother?
8. Why is Rayona so fascinated by the lifeguard Ellen?
9. What is Dayton's house like?
10. What is Rayona's life like?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)