|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee give to Aunt Ida after he enlists?
(a) A goodbye note.
(b) His braid.
(d) A letter from the army.
2. What does the chairman of the Tribal Council give to Lee after he enlists?
(a) A St. Christopher medallion.
(b) An eagle feather.
(c) A turquoise ring.
3. Aunt Ida tells Christine she is turning into a ____________.
(a) Lovely girl.
(b) White woman.
4. What stops Christine from committing suicide?
(a) Her car runs out of gas.
(b) Her love for Rayona.
(c) Her desire to make life better.
(d) Her love for Elgin.
5. Where do Elgin's parents live?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christine use to help her to convince Dayton that Lee needs to enlist?
2. Father Tom wears a turquoise ring the shape of a ________ to the rodeo.
3. How long is it since Rayona sees Aunt Ida?
4. What does Christine's best friend give her as she leaves Seattle?
5. What is Rayona's job at the state park?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plan do Clara and Lecon devise to save the family's honor?
2. What is the one thing Christine is going to miss about Seattle?
3. Why does Christine come to despise Dayton?
4. What is the time period of the novel when it switches to Christine's point of view?
5. When does Lee begin to feel confident in his abilities?
6. How does Rayona end up winning a prize at the rodeo?
7. Why does Christine ask the doctor for a deck of cards after he gives her the terminal diagnosis?
8. How does Ida burn her cheek?
9. What kind of welcome do Christine and Rayona receive when they show up at Aunt Ida's house?
10. How does Christine come to realize that she is being blamed for Lee's death?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)