|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christine wear to sneak out of the hospital of Chapter One?
(a) Her clothes.
(b) Elgin's clothes.
(c) Rayona's clothes.
(d) Candy striper uniform.
2. What does the dirt on the road in front of Aunt Ida's house remind Rayona of?
(a) Indian blanket.
(b) Hairy legs.
(c) Surface of the moon.
(d) Barbie doll scalp.
3. What year is the letter Christine is obsessed with supposed to be opened?
4. Christine moves out of Aunt Ida's and goes to live with whom?
(c) Father Hurlburt.
5. What color are Father Tom's swim trunks?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aunt Ida singing along with when Christine and Rayona first arrive to her house?
2. What national event upsets Lee deeply?
3. What does Rayona give Evelyn as a parting gift?
4. Christine grows up on the reservation having a deep respect for the ___________.
5. What is Lee and Christine's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Christine never have a second child?
2. Why does Dayton invite Christine out for dinner after Lee's funeral?
3. How does Rayona end up winning a prize at the rodeo?
4. What does Aunt Ida place Lee's casket during the funeral service?
5. Describe the last scene of the novel.
6. What does Christine tell Dayton that makes Lee very angry with her?
7. What happens when Christine grabs her plastic bags of clothes and runs from Aunt Ida's house?
8. Why does Christine ask the doctor for a deck of cards after he gives her the terminal diagnosis?
9. Why doesn't Ida want Willard to continue living with her after his face is repaired?
10. What happens to Christine as she drives through the snowy landscape of Montana on the way to Lee's funeral?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)