|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is it since Rayona sees Aunt Ida?
(a) Two years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Eight years.
2. As seniors in high school, Lee and Dayton become what?
(a) Conscientious Objectors.
(b) Red Power Indians.
(c) War protesters.
3. What stops Christine from committing suicide?
(a) Her love for Elgin.
(b) Her desire to make life better.
(c) Her love for Rayona.
(d) Her car runs out of gas.
4. The cliff Christine wants to drive off of is near __________.
5. Where does Christine work after she graduates from high school?
(a) The Mission school.
(b) The reservation store.
(c) The reservation election office.
(d) Tribal Council office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christine wear to sneak out of the hospital of Chapter One?
2. Christine moves out of Aunt Ida's and goes to live with whom?
3. When Christine is a kid, she thinks Seattle is like what?
4. How does Rayona often describe herself?
5. To Aunt Ida, Lee is the Indian ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ida feel about Clara when she first comes to stay with them and care for Annie?
2. What story about her family does Rayona tell Sky and Evelyn and why do they believe her?
3. What is Christine's life like once she moves to Seattle?
4. How does it go when Aunt Ida comes to dinner at Dayton's house?
5. Why is Christine in the hospital at the beginning of the novel?
6. What is Dayton and Lee's relationship like?
7. What does Christine do for Rayona that she thinks proves she is a good mother?
8. Why does Christine come to despise Dayton?
9. What do Christine and Rayona do after Christine's suicide attempt is thwarted?
10. What happens the day Christine goes into labor with Rayona?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)