|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rayona and Christine's favorite billboard in Seattle?
(a) Millstone coffee.
(d) Starbucks coffee.
2. While staying with Datyon, what does Christine do for the first time in her life?
(a) Forgives herself.
(b) Write a will.
(c) Sit still.
(d) Make plans.
3. The way Aunt Ida is singing while working in her front yard reminds Christine of whom?
(a) Janis Joplin.
(b) Stevie Wonder.
(c) Chubby Checker.
(d) Frank Sinatra.
4. What is the name of the hotel where Elgin and Christine live in Seattle?
5. What is too expensive for Christine to give Aunt Ida when she returns to the reservation with Rayona?
(a) A new ring.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) An apology.
(d) A television.
6. What does the inside of Dayton's house smell like to Christine?
7. What does Aunt Ida give to Christine when she comes to Dayton's for dinner?
(a) More pills.
(b) Lee's brass buckle.
(c) Lee's diary.
(d) Her yearbook.
8. What song do Elgin and Christine dance to on their wedding night?
(a) Sweet Dreams.
(b) The Way You Look Tonight.
(c) Angel Love.
(d) I Will Always Love You.
9. What does Christine make for dinner the night Elgin is discharged from the military?
10. What eight-track tape is playing in the pickup as Christine flees Aunt Ida's?
(a) Dolly Parton.
(b) Led Seplin.
11. Christine thinks over her conversation with Aunt Ida, working it in her mind, like it is what?
(a) A puzzle.
(b) A math problem.
(c) Bread dough.
(d) A road map.
12. What does Aunt Ida come to Dayton's house to tell Christine?
(a) She is sick.
(b) Rayona runs away.
(c) Elgin calls.
(d) Charlene sends a package.
13. What does Christine jokingly call Elgin when she introduces him to other Indians?
(a) A Tall Tree.
(b) A Black Hawk.
(c) A Mahogany.
(d) A Mohegan.
14. What is the date of Elgin's discharge from the military?
(a) January 9.
(b) April 9.
(c) February 18.
(d) March 18.
15. In Christine's hallucination during the snow-covered drive to Montana, where does she see Lee standing?
(a) On a golden beach.
(b) In a golden field.
(c) In a golden lake.
(d) On a golden staircase.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christine give to Rayona on the way to get Babe from the stud farm?
2. Christine never loves another man as much as she loves who?
3. What is Christine worried about on her drive to Montana for Lee's funeral?
4. What does Christine listen to on the radio as she drives to Montana to give Rayona to Aunt Ida?
5. What show does Aunt Ida explain to everyone as they watch television the night she comes to dinner at Dayton's house?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)