|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rayona sleep after Father Tom leaves her?
(b) Yellow raft.
(c) Train tracks.
2. Father Tom wears a turquoise ring the shape of a ________ to the rodeo.
3. What does the chairman of the Tribal Council give to Lee after he enlists?
(a) A St. Christopher medallion.
(b) A turquoise ring.
(c) An eagle feather.
4. Before Rayona can catch up with her mother, as she flees Aunt Ida's, Christine rides away in what?
(a) Red corvette.
(b) Blue pickup.
(c) Green jeep.
(d) Black pickup.
5. Christine grows up on the reservation having a deep respect for the ___________.
(a) Indian language.
(b) Indian heritage.
(c) American flag.
6. Aunt Ida tells Christine that she should leave the reservation and become what?
(a) A college student.
(b) A working girl.
(c) A woman soldier.
(d) A wife and mother.
7. What is Lee always very good at?
(a) Bible facts.
(b) Rodeo events.
(d) Indian language.
8. What is the town that Christine goes to with different men from the reservation?
9. What is the name of only guy on the state park staff who is nice to Rayona?
10. What national event upsets Lee deeply?
(a) Pearl Harbor.
(b) Bombing of Hiroshima.
(c) Kent State riots.
(d) JFK's assignation.
11. What does Rayona have for breakfast every morning at the state park?
(a) Scrambled eggs.
(c) Fried eggs.
12. Where does Rayona meet Sky?
(a) Exxon station.
(b) Seven eleven.
(c) Shell station.
(d) Conoco station.
13. Who owns the horse Rayona rides in the rodeo?
14. What is a scarce commodity at Aunt Ida's?
15. Where do Elgin's parents live?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Evelyn's job at the state park?
2. Lee helps Christine when some boys dare her to do what?
3. What is the name of the lifeguard who fascinates Rayona?
4. How long is it since Rayona sees Aunt Ida?
5. Aunt Ida asks Christine to give her _____ good reason(s) why she is happy her daughter returns.
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)