|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grade is Lee in when he and Dayton become best friends?
2. Where does Rayona learn that her mother is living?
(b) Aunt Pauline's.
3. Where does Rayona sleep after Father Tom leaves her?
(a) Yellow raft.
(c) Train tracks.
4. What is a scarce commodity at Aunt Ida's?
5. What is the town that Christine goes to with different men from the reservation?
6. What is Evelyn's job at the state park?
7. The letter to Lucy at Fatima says the world comes to an end if what doesn't happen?
(a) Abortion is abolished.
(b) Communist Russia converts.
(c) Lee joins the army.
(d) Christine cleans her room.
8. What does the chairman of the Tribal Council give to Lee after he enlists?
(a) An eagle feather.
(c) A St. Christopher medallion.
(d) A turquoise ring.
9. A poster of ____________ is hanging on the wall of Christine's childhood room.
(a) The Beatles.
(b) The Supremes.
(c) Elvis Presley.
(d) Shawn Cassidy.
10. What kind of car does Christine drive?
11. Where is the Indian reservation Christine grows up on?
12. What does Lee give to Aunt Ida after he enlists?
(b) A letter from the army.
(c) A goodbye note.
(d) His braid.
13. Where does Sky go during the Vietnam War?
14. How does Rayona often describe herself?
(a) The tall girl.
(b) The dumb girl.
(c) The scrawny girl.
(d) The unwanted girl.
15. Lee helps Christine when some boys dare her to do what?
(a) Drink the most beer.
(b) Steal money.
(c) Run naked through the reservation.
(d) Cross a natural bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the horse Rayona rides in the rodeo?
2. What is Aunt Ida's favorite soap opera?
3. Aunt Ida asks Christine to give her _____ good reason(s) why she is happy her daughter returns.
4. Christine moves out of Aunt Ida's and goes to live with whom?
5. As seniors in high school, Lee and Dayton become what?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)