|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a scarce commodity at Aunt Ida's?
2. Christine grows up on the reservation having a deep respect for the ___________.
(a) Indian language.
(b) American flag.
(d) Indian heritage.
3. How long is it since Rayona sees Aunt Ida?
(a) Eight years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Ten years.
4. Where does Rayona sleep after Father Tom leaves her?
(a) Train tracks.
(d) Yellow raft.
5. How old is Rayona at the beginning of the novel?
6. What is Evelyn's job at the state park?
7. What kind of car does Christine drive?
8. What does Rayona have for breakfast every morning at the state park?
(a) Scrambled eggs.
(d) Fried eggs.
9. What does Christine use to help her to convince Dayton that Lee needs to enlist?
(b) Compromising photos.
(d) Tribal election flyer.
10. What kind of cigarettes does Christine smoke?
11. A poster of ____________ is hanging on the wall of Christine's childhood room.
(a) Shawn Cassidy.
(b) The Beatles.
(c) Elvis Presley.
(d) The Supremes.
12. What does Aunt Ida tell Rayona comes in her cereal boxes?
(a) Plastic ring.
(b) Scooby Doo calendar.
(c) Happy face magnets.
(d) Plastic dolls.
13. What does Elgin do for a living?
(d) Rodeo rider.
14. Why does Elgin visit Christine in the hospital in Chapter One?
(a) To find Rayona.
(b) To reconcile.
(c) To bring flowers.
(d) To return keys.
15. What does Christine wear to sneak out of the hospital of Chapter One?
(a) Her clothes.
(b) Rayona's clothes.
(c) Elgin's clothes.
(d) Candy striper uniform.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stops Christine from committing suicide?
2. Christine tells Rayona that she dates a guy who playes an Indian in which movie?
3. What does Lee give to Aunt Ida after he enlists?
4. What is the name of the DeMarco's dog that is mentioned in the letter Rayona finds?
5. In the hospital room, Elgin tells Christine that Rayona is no ____________.
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)