Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapters 1 and 2
1. What is the significance of the cliff near Tacoma where Christine wants to commit suicide?
2. What happens when Christine tries to commit suicide by driving off a cliff?
3. What kind of welcome do Christine and Rayona receive when they show up at Aunt Ida's house?
4. What do Christine and Rayona do after Christine's suicide attempt is thwarted?
5. How does Christine treat Elgin when he comes to return the car keys at the hospital?
6. Why is Christine...
This section contains 838 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)