Chapters 1 and 2
• Fifteen year old Rayona is visiting her mother Christine in the hospital in Seattle, WA.
• Christine tries to leave the hospital so she can commit suicide after Rayona's father, Elgin, asks for a divorce.
• Rayona agrees to drive Christine to the cliff where she plans to drive off, but they run out of gas.
• The mother and daughter walk to a gas station, eventually returning to their apartment to pack up all their belongings.
• They are behind in rent and feel little connection to Seattle.
• Christine and Rayona decide drive to Montana to see the reservation where Christine grows up.
• The car breaks down about a half mile from their destination.
• They take their belongs and walk to Christine's mother's house.
• A woman is trying to mow the lawn when they approach.
• It is years since Christine sees her mother.
• Christine's mother, Aunt Ida, doesn't welcome...
This section contains 1,152 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)