|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Lisbeth creep down to her father's study to look for her birth certificate?
2. What date is Lisbeth's wedding to Edward scheduled for?
3. In Chapter 17, what does Lisbeth see that makes her suggest to her mother that they have a picnic?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 21, how many napkins does Lisbeth have to finish for her trousseau?
5. What color are Daniel Bartley's eyes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Lisbeth's first dance?
2. What two things does Lisbeth discover when she looks for her birth certificate?
3. Why is Lisbeth and Matthew's wedding like?
4. Why does Matthew divert the other boys to throw stones at a cottonwood?
5. How does Edward react when Lisbeth tells him she will not marry him?
6. What does Lisbeth bring as a gift for Mattie for her new baby?
7. What does Mrs. Ann suggest when Lisbeth asks if they can have a picnic to celebrate spring?
8. Who covers for Mattie when she is so tired at the beginning of Chapter 13?
9. What does Edward give Lisbeth as a betrothal gift, and what does Lisbeth think of it?
10. What does Rebecca tell Lisbeth will happen to Mattie if she is caught?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After Samuel is sold to the Andersons. How does Lisbeth try to comfort Mattie, and why are her efforts unsuccessful to cheer up Mattie?
Essay Topic 2
Lisbeth wears the conch shell from Mattie to her betrothal party. Why does she wear the shell secretly to the party?
Essay Topic 3
Lisbeth depends greatly upon Mattie. What type of relationship does Lisbeth have with Mattie?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)