|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Lisbeth's dance partners in Chapter 14 had bad breath?
2. How many stillborn babies did Lisbeth's parents have?
3. What color dress did Camilla Anderson choose for the upcoming dance in Chapter 14?
4. What does Matthew serve Lisbeth to drink in Chapter 23?
5. How old is Lisbeth in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Lisbeth's first dance?
2. What does Poppy tell Mattie when she leaves?
3. Why does Mary think Lisbeth should still marry Edward after Lisbeth finds him raping a slave?
4. Why does Mrs. Ann think that Edward will make Lisbeth a good husband?
5. How does Matthew react when Lisbeth asks if he will marry her?
6. How does Lisbeth describe the tea she has with Edward's mother and sister?
7. What does Mrs. Ann suggest when Lisbeth asks if they can have a picnic to celebrate spring?
8. Why is Lisbeth and Matthew's wedding like?
9. In Chapter 17, what is Lisbeth's opinion of Edward?
10. Who covers for Mattie when she is so tired at the beginning of Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Flat and round characters appear in the novel. What is the role of flat characters and what type of role do they play when there are conflicts in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Samuel is sold and sent away from Fair Oaks. How does his departure affect him and his mother?
Essay Topic 3
Ann is the mistress of Fair Oaks in name only. What prevents Ann from being the true mistress of the plantation?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)