|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rebecca tell Lisbeth she can bring for Poppy in Chapter 17?
(a) Boiled egg.
(c) Salt water.
(d) Sugar water.
2. How old is Lisbeth on her birthday in Chapter 14?
3. How old is Lisbeth in Chapter 20?
4. How old was Mrs. Ann when her nurse was sold?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 21, how many napkins does Lisbeth have to finish for her trousseau?
Short Answer Questions
1. What hairstyle does Lisbeth choose for her wedding to Matthew?
2. How many workers does Mrs. Ann believe that the Cunningham family has?
3. How much is the silk taffeta that Mrs. Ann chooses for Lisbeth's dress in Chapter 14?
4. How long do Mattie and Jordan have to stay in a cellar alone in Chapter 16?
5. How many months did Mattie have to give up some of her rations to trade for paper and ink for her traveling papers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lisbeth get a tour of White Pines?
2. In Chapter 17, what is Lisbeth's opinion of Edward?
3. Who covers for Mattie when she is so tired at the beginning of Chapter 13?
4. What does Rebecca tell Lisbeth will happen to Mattie if she is caught?
5. How does Edward react when Lisbeth tells him she will not marry him?
6. How does Lisbeth describe the tea she has with Edward's mother and sister?
7. Why does Mary think Lisbeth should still marry Edward after Lisbeth finds him raping a slave?
8. How does Matthew react when Lisbeth asks if he will marry her?
9. How does Lisbeth feel when she learns that Mattie has run away?
10. Why does Mrs. Ann think that Edward will make Lisbeth a good husband?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)