|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much are the printed cottons that Lisbeth and her mother look at when they are choosing a dress for her first dance?
(a) 45 cents a yard.
(b) 15 and 18 cents a yard.
(c) 32 cents a yard.
(d) 24 and 28 cents a yard.
2. What is Edward Cunningham's middle name?
3. When does Matthew plan to move to Ohio?
(b) Late April.
(c) Early May.
(d) Late May.
4. In Chapter 13, how long has it been since Mattie was taken to the Anderson plantation?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 2 weeks.
5. Why did women frequently faint at dances?
(b) Not enough to eat.
(c) Weak constitutions.
(d) Not enough exercise.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Lisbeth in Chapter 18?
2. In Chapter 14, how long has Jordan been sick?
3. What color are Matthew's eyes?
4. When Lisbeth goes to see Matthew in Chapter 24, where does she tell her mother she is going?
5. In Chapter 22, what does Emily bring Lisbeth for supper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two things does Lisbeth discover when she looks for her birth certificate?
2. What does Poppy tell Mattie when she leaves?
3. What does Mrs. Ann suggest when Lisbeth asks if they can have a picnic to celebrate spring?
4. How was Lisbeth's first dance?
5. Why is Lisbeth and Matthew's wedding like?
6. Why does Mary think Lisbeth should still marry Edward after Lisbeth finds him raping a slave?
7. How is Poppy buried?
8. What does Edward give Lisbeth as a betrothal gift, and what does Lisbeth think of it?
9. How does Lisbeth describe the tea she has with Edward's mother and sister?
10. What happened to Mattie when she is taken to the Anderson plantation after Samuel ran away?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)