|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 17, what does Lisbeth see that makes her suggest to her mother that they have a picnic?
2. Where do Lisbeth and Edward plan to go for their honeymoon?
(c) New York City.
3. What does Edward send Lisbeth in Chapter 21 as peace offerings?
(a) Flowers and a garnet necklace.
(b) Ear bobs.
(d) Flowers and a ruby necklace.
4. What color are Matthew Johnson's eyes?
5. What color dress does Mrs. Ann suggest that Lisbeth think about choosing if the seamstress has it available?
(c) Sky blue.
(d) Deep blue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day of the week does Mrs. Ann decide Lisbeth will have a picnic in Chapter 17?
2. What color carpetbag does the seamstress bring with samples for Lisbeth's dress in Chapter 14?
3. When Mattie runs away, how long do her meat and hard tack last?
4. How old is Mattie when she discovers she is pregnant in Chapter 13?
5. When Lisbeth has her picnic in Chapter 17, who does she say will lead her guests along the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who covers for Mattie when she is so tired at the beginning of Chapter 13?
2. What plans are made for Lisbeth's wedding to Edward?
3. What does Poppy tell Mattie when she leaves?
4. How was Lisbeth's first dance?
5. How does Matthew react when Lisbeth asks if he will marry her?
6. How does Edward react when Lisbeth tells him she will not marry him?
7. Who is Grandma Washington?
8. Why isn't Mattie excited when Lisbeth tells her about her upcoming first dance?
9. What happened to Mattie when she is taken to the Anderson plantation after Samuel ran away?
10. Why is Lisbeth and Matthew's wedding like?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)