|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Jack and his friends go after taunting a slave in Chapter 10?
2. How many other boys join Jack in harassing one of the slaves?
3. How many acres were set aside for the plantation?
4. How long has Jeb Martin been at the Anderson plantation?
(a) Less than a year.
(b) About a year and a half.
(c) 20 months.
(d) 2 years.
5. Where do the slaves throw teeth and make a wish?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, how old is Elizabeth?
2. When was a law passed in Virginia making all Africans slaves?
3. What is the most dreaded day of the year for slaves?
4. When did Grandmother Wainwright give birth to her first child?
5. What afternoons does Samuel learn to read?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Emily come to get Mattie in Chapter 1?
2. In Chapter 6, what does Mattie tell Lisbeth to do when Mattie is gone and Lisbeth misses her?
3. What is Grandmother Wainwright's history?
4. At age five, what is Samuel's job?
5. Why isn't Mrs. Ann in charge of the house since she is the mistress of the house?
6. Who is Miss Taylor, and what does she teach daughters of plantation owners?
7. What favor does Mattie ask Mrs. Ann?
8. How does Samuel learn to read?
9. How do the residents of Fair Oaks honor the Sunday Sabbath?
10. How did Mattie meet Emmanuel?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)