|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Jeb Martin been at the Anderson plantation?
(a) 20 months.
(b) Less than a year.
(c) About a year and a half.
(d) 2 years.
2. How many teeth has Samuel lost in Chapter 8?
3. What is one of the main dishes when Mattie returns from the Andersons?
(a) Turkey and dressing.
(b) Beef roast.
(c) Veal cutlets.
4. How long after Elizabeth's birth is she taken to her mother?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 1 day.
(d) 6 hours.
5. What was Mattie's mother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mattie doing at the beginning of Chapter 10, while Lisbeth sits under the willow tree?
2. How old was Mattie when Rebecca came to live with her family?
3. How many days did Mattie spend at the Andersons?
4. What denomination is the church the Wainwrights attend?
5. In Chapter 4, how old is Elizabeth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mattie think she is wanted in the drawing room in Chapter 11?
2. What instructions does Mattie give Samuel before he leaves for the Anderson plantation?
3. What was the history of Mattie's family?
4. How does Samuel learn to read?
5. What instructions does Mrs. Gray give Mattie after the baby is born?
6. In Chapter 6, what does Mattie tell Lisbeth to do when Mattie is gone and Lisbeth misses her?
7. Who will take care of Mattie's son, Samuel, while she is gone?
8. Who is Miss Taylor, and what does she teach daughters of plantation owners?
9. What happened to Mattie's mother?
10. Who is Mrs. Gray?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)