|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the oldest white family in the valley?
2. How many times did Emmanuel's father attempt to secure his freedom?
3. What color hair does the Anderson plantation overseer have?
4. What is the name of the river by the plantation?
5. In Chapter 10, to what plantation does Mr. Wainwright sell Samuel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Emmanuel's father's name?
2. When did Grandmother Wainwright marry into the Wainwright family?
3. How old is Samuel in Chapter 7?
4. What does Mattie mark on the walls when she is imprisoned at the Anderson plantation?
5. What is the most dreaded day of the year for slaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mattie respond when Lisbeth tells her she found the first crocus?
2. What sorts of topics are young ladies allowed and not allowed to talk about with young men?
3. How does Samuel learn to read?
4. What favor does Mattie ask Mrs. Ann?
5. How does Lisbeth get Jack and his friends to stop harassing Samuel?
6. At age five, what is Samuel's job?
7. What privilege is Mattie given after Elizabeth is three-months-old?
8. What does Ann tell Lisbeth's about her mother?
9. Who is Mrs. Gray?
10. What instructions does Mrs. Gray give Mattie after the baby is born?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)