|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days did Mattie spend at the Andersons?
2. What afternoons does Samuel learn to read?
(a) Tuesday and Thursday.
(b) Thursday and Saturday.
(c) Monday and Friday.
(d) Monday and Wednesday.
3. What was Mattie's mother's name?
4. What color hair does the Anderson plantation overseer have?
5. Where do Jack and his friends go after taunting a slave in Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most dreaded day of the year for slaves?
2. How long after Elizabeth's birth is she taken to her mother?
3. Who are looking for Samuel and Emmanuel?
4. How soon after Mattie's mother died, did Mattie learn of her death?
5. When was the Wainwright plantation founded?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Emmanuel want to do every spring and why?
2. Who is Mrs. Gray?
3. In Chapter 5, how does Lisbeth spend Sunday afternoons when Mattie is in the quarters?
4. How do the residents of Fair Oaks honor the Sunday Sabbath?
5. What privilege is Mattie given after Elizabeth is three-months-old?
6. What sorts of topics are young ladies allowed and not allowed to talk about with young men?
7. How does Lisbeth get Jack and his friends to stop harassing Samuel?
8. How does Samuel learn to read?
9. Why does Samuel's Sunday visit do nothing to diminish Mattie's anxiety about her son?
10. What favor does Mattie ask Mrs. Ann?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)