|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't Matthew inherit any of his family's land?
(a) He's a third-born son.
(b) He's a second-born son.
(c) His parents have disinherited him.
(d) His parents don't own land.
2. How many guests are expected to attend Lisbeth and Edward's wedding?
3. When is Lisbeth's wedding planned to be held?
4. Where do Lisbeth and Edward plan to go for their honeymoon?
(d) New York City.
5. What color dress does Mrs. Ann suggest that Lisbeth think about choosing if the seamstress has it available?
(b) Deep blue.
(c) Sky blue.
6. How many acres does Matthew Johnson's family have?
7. When Lisbeth goes to see Matthew in Chapter 24, where does she tell her mother she is going?
(b) White Pines.
8. How old is Lisbeth in Chapter 20?
9. In Chapter 17, what does Lisbeth see that makes her suggest to her mother that they have a picnic?
10. What contemporary author does Lisbeth like to read?
(a) Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
(b) Washington Irving.
(c) Jan Austen.
(d) Ralph Waldo Emerson.
11. In Chapter 14, how long has Jordan been sick?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 6 days.
(d) 5 days.
12. How old is Lisbeth on her birthday in Chapter 14?
13. How old is Jack in Chapter 22?
14. In Chapter 17, how long has Mattie been gone?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 18 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 1 years.
15. When is Jordan born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lisbeth wear to her engagement dinner?
2. What date is Lisbeth's wedding to Edward scheduled for?
3. How much is the silk chiffon that the seamstress shows Lisbeth and her mother in Chapter 14?
4. What color dress did Camilla Anderson choose for the upcoming dance in Chapter 14?
5. What is Lisbeth's middle name?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)