|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will Lisbeth's first dance be held?
(a) Fair Oaks.
(c) Mount Pleasant.
2. What is Lisbeth's middle name?
3. What color carpetbag does the seamstress bring with samples for Lisbeth's dress in Chapter 14?
(a) Red and beige.
(c) Gray and blue.
4. Why won't Matthew inherit any of his family's land?
(a) His parents don't own land.
(b) He's a third-born son.
(c) He's a second-born son.
(d) His parents have disinherited him.
5. How many months did Mattie have to give up some of her rations to trade for paper and ink for her traveling papers?
(a) 7 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 8 months.
(d) 5 months.
6. What color are Matthew Johnson's eyes?
7. What necklace does Lisbeth wear for her wedding to Matthew?
(c) Conch shell.
(d) Gold chain.
8. What color are Daniel Bartley's eyes?
9. What contemporary author does Lisbeth like to read?
(a) Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
(b) Ralph Waldo Emerson.
(c) Jan Austen.
(d) Washington Irving.
10. What does Matthew serve Lisbeth to drink in Chapter 23?
11. How many acres does Matthew Johnson's family have?
12. When Lisbeth goes to see Matthew in Chapter 24, where does she tell her mother she is going?
(b) White Pines.
13. How old is Lisbeth in Chapter 18?
14. Where do Lisbeth and Edward plan to go for their honeymoon?
(a) New York City.
15. What hairstyle does Lisbeth choose for her wedding to Matthew?
(b) Loose chignon.
(c) Tight bun.
(d) Coils of braids.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 21, how many napkins does Lisbeth have to finish for her trousseau?
2. What type of jewels are in the necklace that Edward gives Lisbeth in Chapter 20?
3. What color dress does Mrs. Ann suggest that Lisbeth think about choosing if the seamstress has it available?
4. How much older is Rebecca's daughter Sarah than Lisbeth?
5. What does Rebecca tell Lisbeth she can bring for Poppy in Chapter 17?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)