|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Mattie when her mother was sold away?
2. In Chapter 4, how old is Elizabeth?
(a) 12 months.
(b) 9 months.
(c) 11 months.
(d) 10 months.
3. What is one of the main dishes when Mattie returns from the Andersons?
(b) Veal cutlets.
(c) Beef roast.
(d) Turkey and dressing.
4. By Chapter 9, how long has Samuel been learning to read?
(a) Over a year.
(b) About 6 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 11 months.
5. At what plantation does Jeb Martin's father work?
6. How old is Elizabeth in Chapter 6?
7. What is Emmanuel's father's name?
8. How soon after Mattie's mother died, did Mattie learn of her death?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 1 year.
9. How many acres were set aside for the plantation?
10. How big is the place where Mattie is locked in at nightfall at the Anderson plantation?
11. What is Mattie doing at the beginning of Chapter 10, while Lisbeth sits under the willow tree?
(a) Ironing sheets.
(c) Watching Jack.
(d) Visiting Samuel.
12. How many teeth has Samuel lost in Chapter 8?
13. What is the name of the river by the plantation?
14. When is Elizabeth born?
(a) March 3, 1837.
(b) January 12, 1837.
(c) June 1, 1837.
(d) April 14, 1837.
15. How old is Lisbeth at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Nearly 10.
(b) About 8.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Samuel read from in Chapter 9?
2. What does Mattie mark on the walls when she is imprisoned at the Anderson plantation?
3. How old was Mattie when Rebecca came to live with her family?
4. What color are Elizabeth's eyes?
5. How old will Lisbeth and other daughters of plantation owners when they begin attending dances?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)