|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was used to create drawings in the place where Mattie spends the night on the Anderson plantation?
(b) Berry juice.
2. Who is to watch Samuel while Mattie is gone?
(a) His great-grandfather.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His father.
(d) His aunt.
3. How old was Mrs. Gray when she went to work for the Wainwrights?
4. In Chapter 10, to what plantation does Mr. Wainwright sell Samuel?
5. What is one of the main dishes when Mattie returns from the Andersons?
(a) Veal cutlets.
(b) Turkey and dressing.
(c) Beef roast.
6. When was the Wainwright plantation founded?
7. Where do Mattie and Lisbeth take their afternoon rest at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) LIsbeth's room.
(b) Maple tree.
(d) Willow tree.
8. How old was Emmanuel's father when he first ran?
9. Who helps Lisbeth get water and salve for Mattie?
10. What was Ann's mother's favorite color?
11. How many acres were set aside for the plantation?
12. Where do Jack and his friends go after taunting a slave in Chapter 10?
13. What is the name of the river by the plantation?
14. How far does Emmanuel have to walk to get to Fair Oaks?
(a) 1/2 mile.
(b) 3/4 mile.
(c) 3 miles.
(d) 2 miles.
15. When does Lisbeth learn hand clapping games in the slave quarters?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Ann when her mother died?
2. What was Mattie's mother's name?
3. What color are Elizabeth's eyes?
4. How many times total is Mattie whipped when she is at the Anderson plantation?
5. How old is Samuel in Chapter 7?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)