|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dalsky do to the atmosphere of Tatyana and Boris' home?
2. Who does Nathan want to borrow money from after his wedding?
3. How does Nathan respond to Goldy's plan for a nice wedding and expensive gifts?
4. What wedding gift arrives at Goldy's apartment and disappoints her?
5. Why does Beile fear Heyman may not be able to support a wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the workers in the Lipmans' shop argue about?
2. What happens at the beginning of Goldy and Nathan's wedding?
3. How do the Lipmans treat the Avroms?
4. How does Tatyana first show Boris her irritation with him?
5. At the beginning of "A Sweatshop Romance," what is Beile's relationship with Heyman like?
6. Why does Boris decide to take in a boarder?
7. How does Heyman feel about proposing to Beile?
8. What plan does Goldy come up with for her wedding?
9. How does Tatyana treat Boris when he comes home from work in Chapter 1?
10. What type of wedding does Nathan want?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast two of the stories from this collection.
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of women as revealed in at least three of these stories? How does the role of women differ from today? How is it similar? Give examples from the book and today's culture in your essay.
Essay Topic 3
How is pride a theme examined in this collection? What message is presented about pride? Cite the text to support your theory about pride.
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)