|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nathan respond to Goldy's plan for a nice wedding and expensive gifts?
2. In her note to Boris, how does Tatyana say she will support herself?
3. What type of wedding does Nathan want?
4. What reminds Boris of his life with Tatyana?
5. How does Tatyana say she would feel if Dalsky knew about her feelings?
Essay Topic 1
Explore how the workplace is used as setting in several of these stories. Consider the descriptions used and the impact of these settings.
Essay Topic 2
Explore courtship, marriage and love throughout these stories. Giving examples from the book, compare and contrast these ideas and themes, and explain the author's message.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the relationship of two sets of characters in these stories. Consider how they interact, how they speak to one another, and how their relationship affects the story.
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)