|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Goldy and Nathan feel as they walk home after their wedding?
2. How does Nathan earn extra money?
3. What does David tell the Avrom's about the Lipman's carpet?
4. How long does it take Heyman to visit Beile after she leaves the shop with David?
5. How many invitations do Nathan and Goldy send out for their wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dalsky fit in in Boris and Tatyana's house?
2. Why does Nathan peddle?
3. What is Goldy and Nathan's apartment like?
4. What does Heyman do after Beile walks out on her job at the shop?
5. How does Tatyana compare Boris and Dalsky?
6. How does Tatyana treat Boris when he comes home from work in Chapter 1?
7. Why do Boris and Tatyana move to New York?
8. What happens when Goldy and Nathan leave their wedding?
9. What presents do Goldy and Nathan receive before their wedding?
10. How do the Lipmans treat the Avroms?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how education is a theme presented in several of the stories in this collection. Cite examples of the theme in a few stories. How is this theme important to each story? What does the theme of education add to the collection? What does it say about the author?
Essay Topic 2
How is dialogue used in this collection of stories? Compare how dialogue is used in at least two stories. How is the dialogue different? How is it similar? Is it used effectively? Give examples by citing the novel in your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast at least two protagonists from this collection of stories. Explain why you think they are similar and different, using the book to support your place.
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)