|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reminds Tatyana of Dalsky after he moves out?
2. How long does it take Heyman to visit Beile after she leaves the shop with David?
3. Why is Beile upset about being sent to the store?
4. What does Goldy tell Nathan she expects as gifts from her wedding guests?
5. What does Dalsky say the factory has done to Boris?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Beile decide to not sue Heyman at the end of "A Sweatshop Romance".
2. What happens when Goldy and Nathan leave their wedding?
3. How does Tatyana first show Boris her irritation with him?
4. What is the Lipmans' shop like?
5. How does David try to embarrass Mr. and Mrs. Lipman in front of their guests?
6. What type of wedding does Nathan want?
7. Why do Boris and Tatyana move to New York?
8. What do the workers in the Lipmans' shop argue about?
9. How does Heyman feel about proposing to Beile?
10. Why does Nathan peddle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use foreshadowing through this collection of stories? How is the use of foreshadowing effective? When is it not used effectively? Give examples of the author's effectiveness or lack thereof, citing the book.
Essay Topic 2
Select three titles from this collection and analyze the effectiveness and purpose of each title. Use examples of how it is effective by referring to the novel in your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Explore three symbols used in this collection. Define symbolism and discuss how it is used within this story. Compare and contrast how the symbols function in their own stories and include their purpose.
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)