|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tatyana remember Anna Karenina noticing about her husbands ears?
2. What money does Goldy think can provide her with a nice wedding and furniture?
3. When does Goldy faint at her wedding?
4. Why does Beile fear Heyman may not be able to support a wife?
5. In her note to Boris, how does Tatyana say she will support herself?
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use foreshadowing through this collection of stories? How is the use of foreshadowing effective? When is it not used effectively? Give examples of the author's effectiveness or lack thereof, citing the book.
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use irony to send a message in this collection of stories?
Essay Topic 3
Select three titles from this collection and analyze the effectiveness and purpose of each title. Use examples of how it is effective by referring to the novel in your essay.
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)