Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tatyana remember Anna Karenina noticing about her husbands ears?
2. What money does Goldy think can provide her with a nice wedding and furniture?
3. When does Goldy faint at her wedding?
4. Why does Beile fear Heyman may not be able to support a wife?
5. In her note to Boris, how does Tatyana say she will support herself?
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of women as revealed in at least three of these stories? How does the role of women differ from today? How is it similar? Give examples from the book and today's culture in your essay.
Essay Topic 2
Explore courtship, marriage and love throughout these stories. Giving examples from the book, compare and contrast these ideas and themes, and explain the author's message.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how greed is a theme found in several of these stories. Why do you think Cahan chose to talk about greed? How do the stories treat the theme of greed?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)