|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Basse and Reb Avrom from?
(b) Mrs. Lipman's birthplace.
(c) New York City.
(d) Meyer's birthplace.
2. Who does Meyer say is like a servant to the Lipmans?
3. How long does it take Heyman to visit Beile after she leaves the shop with David?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Two days.
(d) Four days.
4. What is Boris' initial reaction to Stern's plan?
(a) He thinks it is better than his idea.
(b) He thinks it is stupid.
(c) He thinks it needs some improvement.
(d) He thinks it could work.
5. What does Heyman say about proposing marriage to Beile?
(a) He proposes to her in a joking way.
(b) He wants her to propose to him.
(c) He has not proposed to her yet.
(d) He says he'll propose when he makes more money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What room is Goldy's bedroom in?
2. Why does Goldy want to walk home after her wedding?
3. Why does Tatyana decide to write Boris a note?
4. Who does Goldy blame for her lack of furniture?
5. Why does Heyman turn around once he finally goes to Beile's after she leaves the shop with David?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Heyman do after Beile walks out on her job at the shop?
2. What presents do Goldy and Nathan receive before their wedding?
3. What plan does Goldy come up with for her wedding?
4. Why does Dalsky move out of Boris' apartment?
5. Why does Boris decide to take in a boarder?
6. How does Tatyana treat Boris when he comes home from work in Chapter 1?
7. What is the Lipmans' shop like?
8. How do the Lipmans treat the Avroms?
9. What happens when Goldy and Nathan leave their wedding?
10. How does Beile respond to Mrs. Lipman's demand that she go to the store?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)