|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Lipman send Beile to the store?
(a) For soda.
(b) For a newspaper.
(c) For lunch.
(d) For a dress.
2. What school did Boris attend before marrying Tatyana?
(a) Teaching school.
(b) Law school.
(c) Business school.
(d) Medical school.
3. What reminds Boris of his life with Tatyana?
(a) The night time.
(b) The house plant.
(c) The empty rooms of the apartment.
(d) The kitchen.
4. When does Dalsky say Stern has a scheme planned?
(a) For New Year's Eve.
(b) For May Day.
(c) For Passover.
(d) For Christmas.
5. What does Boris do at the end of "Circumstances"?
(b) Leave to find Tatyana.
(c) Take in a border.
(d) Move away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Boris' initial reaction to Stern's plan?
2. What does Mrs. Avrom think about Beile's appearance as she leaves the shop?
3. What floor is the apartment Nathan pays for on?
4. Why does Heyman wait to visit Beile after she leaves the shop with David?
5. What street is the focus point of "A Ghetto Wedding"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nathan feel about his financial situation?
2. What scheme does Stern propose?
3. How does Goldy feel after eating dinner at her wedding?
4. What is Tatyana's life like without Boris?
5. Why does Boris decide to take in a boarder?
6. How does Tatyana treat Boris when he comes home from work in Chapter 1?
7. How does Beile respond to Mrs. Lipman's demand that she go to the store?
8. Why does Dalsky move out of Boris' apartment?
9. What type of wedding does Nathan want?
10. How does Heyman feel about proposing to Beile?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)