|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boris say his plan to get out of the factory relies on?
(a) His boss' son.
2. Who does Nathan want to borrow money from after his wedding?
(a) His father.
(c) A friend.
(d) The rabbi.
3. How does Tatyana realize she is in love with Dalsky?
(a) Because she takes better care of Dalsky.
(b) Because she stays up late thinking about Dalsky.
(c) Because she compares Dalsky and Boris.
(d) Because Dalsky makes her nervous.
4. Why does Boris want to take in a boarder?
(a) Because he wants to run his own business.
(b) Because Tatyana is lonely.
(c) Because his cousin needs a place to stay.
(d) Because their rent is expensive.
5. How many rooms are in the apartment Nathan pays for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What worries Goldy most about her wedding?
2. How does Meyer say Beile feels about her love for Heyman?
3. What does David say he considers himself to be?
4. In her note to Boris, how does Tatyana say she will support herself?
5. Why do Nathan and Goldy keep postponing their wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What scheme does Stern propose?
2. How does Beile respond to Mrs. Lipman's demand that she go to the store?
3. What is Tatyana's life like without Boris?
4. How does Tatyana first show Boris her irritation with him?
5. How does Heyman feel about proposing to Beile?
6. What is the Lipmans' shop like?
7. Why does Boris decide to take in a boarder?
8. What does Tatyana write in a note to Boris?
9. How does Dalsky fit in in Boris and Tatyana's house?
10. What presents do Goldy and Nathan receive before their wedding?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)