|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Nathan and Goldy keep postponing their wedding?
(a) Goldy isn't sure she wants to marry Nathan.
(b) For financial reasons.
(c) Nathan isn't sure he wants to marry Goldy.
(d) Nathan's family isn't in the United States yet.
2. Why does Tatyana decide not to return to Boris?
(a) The weather.
(b) She loves her new job.
(c) The memory of Dalsky.
(d) She is embarrassed.
3. What school did Boris attend before marrying Tatyana?
(a) Teaching school.
(b) Medical school.
(c) Business school.
(d) Law school.
4. How does Tatyana feel about Boris' appearance after he has been working at the factory for several months?
(a) She is disgusted by it.
(b) She is impressed with it.
(c) She is saddened by it.
(d) She is confused by it.
5. What does Tatyana do when Dalsky eats in her kitchen?
(a) She questions him about his past.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She makes him more food.
(d) She tries to read his textbook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Boris and Tatyana move to New York?
2. Why does Tatyana decide to write Boris a note?
3. Why does Goldy hear voices in the walls in her new apartment?
4. Where are Basse and Reb Avrom from?
5. What does Stern's plan include Boris and Tatyana playing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the beginning of Goldy and Nathan's wedding?
2. What presents do Goldy and Nathan receive before their wedding?
3. How does David try to embarrass Mr. and Mrs. Lipman in front of their guests?
4. How does Heyman feel about proposing to Beile?
5. At the beginning of "A Sweatshop Romance," what is Beile's relationship with Heyman like?
6. Why does Dalsky move out of Boris' apartment?
7. Why does Goldy take time off of work?
8. Why do Boris and Tatyana move to New York?
9. What is Tatyana's life like without Boris?
10. How does Beile respond to Mrs. Lipman's demand that she go to the store?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)