|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What money does Goldy think can provide her with a nice wedding and furniture?
(a) Her savings.
(b) Lottery winnings.
(c) Her parent's money.
(d) Nathan's earnings.
2. What does Mr. Lipman tell Reb Avrom about America?
(a) How they tailor.
(b) How they spend money.
(c) How they eat well.
(d) How they dress.
3. How does Nathan earn extra money?
(a) He steals.
(b) He works as a servant.
(c) He peddles.
(d) He cleans shoes.
4. What does Mrs. Lipman show Basse and Reb Avrom when they arrive?
(a) Her jewelry.
(b) Her bank account.
(c) Her house.
(d) Her factory.
5. Why does Beile fear Heyman may not be able to support a wife?
(a) Because he is stingy.
(b) Because he makes poor investments.
(c) Because he gambles.
(d) Because she makes more money than he does.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Goldy blame for her lack of furniture?
2. Who finally tells David and Beile to leave the shop?
3. What reminds Boris of his life with Tatyana?
4. What does Meyer complain about when it comes to his co-workers?
5. What does Beile do when Mrs. Lipman threatens her about going to the store?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Goldy take time off of work?
2. What do the workers in the Lipmans' shop argue about?
3. What does Tatyana write in a note to Boris?
4. What happens at the beginning of Goldy and Nathan's wedding?
5. What presents do Goldy and Nathan receive before their wedding?
6. At the beginning of "A Sweatshop Romance," what is Beile's relationship with Heyman like?
7. How do the Lipmans treat the Avroms?
8. Why does Nathan peddle?
9. How does Goldy feel after eating dinner at her wedding?
10. Why does Beile decide to not sue Heyman at the end of "A Sweatshop Romance".
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)