|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the guests dance for a long time before Goldy and Nathan's ceremony?
(a) They are waiting for Goldy to arrive.
(b) They are waiting for Nathan to arrive.
(c) They are waiting for more guests to arrive.
(d) They are waiting for the food to cook.
2. What is Dalsky studying?
3. What does David say about Mrs. Lipman's request for Beile to go to the store?
(a) He says she should buy something for herself, too.
(b) He says she should keep sewing.
(c) He says she should go.
(d) He says she should quit her job.
4. How long does the dancing before the ceremony take place in "A Ghetto Wedding"?
(a) Until nine o'clock.
(b) Until midnight.
(c) Until ten o'clock.
(d) Until eleven o'clock.
5. How does Tatyana feel about Boris' appearance after he has been working at the factory for several months?
(a) She is impressed with it.
(b) She is confused by it.
(c) She is saddened by it.
(d) She is disgusted by it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reminds Tatyana of Dalsky after he moves out?
2. Who does Meyer say is like a servant to the Lipmans?
3. How does Goldy describe her wedding during the ceremony?
4. What does Mrs. Zlate Lipman's cousin do for a living?
5. Where are Basse and Reb Avrom from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Heyman feel about proposing to Beile?
2. What happens when Goldy and Nathan leave their wedding?
3. What is Tatyana's life like without Boris?
4. What type of wedding does Nathan want?
5. Why does Boris decide to take in a boarder?
6. At the beginning of "A Sweatshop Romance," what is Beile's relationship with Heyman like?
7. How does Tatyana first show Boris her irritation with him?
8. How does Nathan feel about his financial situation?
9. How do the Lipmans treat the Avroms?
10. What does Tatyana write in a note to Boris?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)