|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Heyman to visit Beile after she leaves the shop with David?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Two days.
(d) Four days.
2. Why does Heyman turn around once he finally goes to Beile's after she leaves the shop with David?
(a) He hears an engagement party.
(b) He is late for work.
(c) He hears someone call his name.
(d) He decides it's officially over between them.
3. What does Tatyana suggest she and Boris do in a note?
(a) Leave New York.
(b) Start over.
(c) Separate for a short time.
(d) Have Dalsky move back in.
4. What does David say he considers himself to be?
(a) A hard worker.
(b) An odd fellow.
(c) A scholar.
(d) A mystery.
5. Why does Heyman wait to visit Beile after she leaves the shop with David?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is sick.
(c) He is mad at her.
(d) He is frightened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David tell the Avrom's about the Lipman's carpet?
2. What reminds Boris of his life with Tatyana?
3. When does Goldy tell Nathan that most people will send them wedding presents?
4. What does Stern's plan include Boris and Tatyana playing?
5. How does Tatyana realize she is in love with Dalsky?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tatyana first show Boris her irritation with him?
2. At the beginning of "A Sweatshop Romance," what is Beile's relationship with Heyman like?
3. How does Tatyana compare Boris and Dalsky?
4. What does Tatyana write in a note to Boris?
5. What presents do Goldy and Nathan receive before their wedding?
6. What scheme does Stern propose?
7. What happens when Goldy and Nathan leave their wedding?
8. What type of wedding does Nathan want?
9. What is the Lipmans' shop like?
10. How does Nathan feel about his financial situation?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)