|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Beile upset about being sent to the store?
(a) Because she doesn't want to leave Heyman.
(b) Because the errand is beneath her.
(c) Because she won't be getting paid.
(d) Because of Mrs. Lipman's tone.
2. What does Dalsky say the factory has done to Boris?
(a) Made him stronger.
(b) Eaten him up.
(c) Paid his bills.
(d) Caused him tears.
3. Who does Meyer say is like a servant to the Lipmans?
4. Why doesn't Tatyana want Boris to read "Russian Thought"?
(a) She wants to spend time with him.
(b) She wants to give it to him as a gift.
(c) She doesn't want to have a conversation about the book.
(d) She knows it will make him mad.
5. Why does Goldy take time off of work a week before the wedding?
(a) To wait for presents.
(b) To get her dress fitted.
(c) To make sure all the details are in place.
(d) To rest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What worries Goldy most about her wedding?
2. Why do Nathan and Goldy keep postponing their wedding?
3. What money does Goldy think can provide her with a nice wedding and furniture?
4. What does Heyman say about proposing marriage to Beile?
5. What does Boris say his plan to get out of the factory relies on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nathan peddle?
2. What type of wedding does Nathan want?
3. At the beginning of "A Sweatshop Romance," what is Beile's relationship with Heyman like?
4. How does Beile respond to Mrs. Lipman's demand that she go to the store?
5. How does Tatyana compare Boris and Dalsky?
6. How does Goldy feel after eating dinner at her wedding?
7. What is Goldy and Nathan's apartment like?
8. What plan does Goldy come up with for her wedding?
9. What scheme does Stern propose?
10. Why does Beile decide to not sue Heyman at the end of "A Sweatshop Romance".
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)