|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Goldy faint at her wedding?
(a) Before dancing.
(b) When no guests show up.
(c) When the barb addresses her.
(d) After she eats dinner.
2. Where are Basse and Reb Avrom from?
(b) New York City.
(c) Meyer's birthplace.
(d) Mrs. Lipman's birthplace.
3. What room is Goldy's bedroom in?
(a) A children's play room.
(b) A kitchen.
(c) A dining room.
(d) A parlor.
4. What does Tatyana do when Dalsky eats in her kitchen?
(a) She makes him more food.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She tries to read his textbook.
(d) She questions him about his past.
5. What worries Goldy most about her wedding?
(a) Being ridiculed.
(b) Being poor after.
(c) Falling out of love with Nathan.
(d) Being left at the alter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tatyana realize she is in love with Dalsky?
2. In Chapter 5, how does Boris feel about his job?
3. What reminds Boris of his life with Tatyana?
4. When does Goldy tell Nathan that most people will send them wedding presents?
5. Why do the guests dance for a long time before Goldy and Nathan's ceremony?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Beile respond to Mrs. Lipman's demand that she go to the store?
2. How does Tatyana first show Boris her irritation with him?
3. Why does Goldy take time off of work?
4. What is Tatyana's life like without Boris?
5. What does Heyman do after Beile walks out on her job at the shop?
6. How does David try to embarrass Mr. and Mrs. Lipman in front of their guests?
7. How does Nathan feel about his financial situation?
8. What presents do Goldy and Nathan receive before their wedding?
9. Why does Nathan peddle?
10. How does Tatyana treat Boris when he comes home from work in Chapter 1?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)