|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Boris' initial reaction to Stern's plan?
(a) He thinks it is better than his idea.
(b) He thinks it needs some improvement.
(c) He thinks it is stupid.
(d) He thinks it could work.
2. What does Dalsky say the factory has done to Boris?
(a) Eaten him up.
(b) Made him stronger.
(c) Paid his bills.
(d) Caused him tears.
3. Why does Beile decide she hates Heyman?
(a) Because he is a poor worker.
(b) Because he is a coward.
(c) Because of his height.
(d) Because he never visited her.
4. How many rooms are in the apartment Nathan pays for?
5. What does David say about Mrs. Lipman's request for Beile to go to the store?
(a) He says she should quit her job.
(b) He says she should go.
(c) He says she should keep sewing.
(d) He says she should buy something for herself, too.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tatyana read that supports her argument against her husband?
2. Why does Beile fear Heyman may not be able to support a wife?
3. When does David tell the Lipman's to have his and Beile's pay ready?
4. When does Goldy faint at her wedding?
5. How does Tatyana realize she is in love with Dalsky?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Boris decide to take in a boarder?
2. What is the Lipmans' shop like?
3. How does Tatyana treat Boris when he comes home from work in Chapter 1?
4. Why does Nathan peddle?
5. Why do Boris and Tatyana move to New York?
6. Why does Beile decide to not sue Heyman at the end of "A Sweatshop Romance".
7. How does David explain his higher wage at the Lipmans' shop?
8. How does Dalsky fit in in Boris and Tatyana's house?
9. How does Tatyana first show Boris her irritation with him?
10. Why does Goldy take time off of work?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)