|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What street is the focus point of "A Ghetto Wedding"?
(a) Lake Grand Street.
(b) Grand Lake Street.
(c) Grand Street.
(d) Lake Street.
2. What does David say about Mrs. Lipman's request for Beile to go to the store?
(a) He says she should buy something for herself, too.
(b) He says she should go.
(c) He says she should keep sewing.
(d) He says she should quit her job.
3. How long does it take Heyman to visit Beile after she leaves the shop with David?
(a) Two days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Four days.
(d) One week.
4. In "A Ghetto Wedding," what wedding presents does the narrator say usually arrive before the wedding?
(b) The most expensive presents.
(c) Presents from family out of town.
(d) The larger presents.
5. Why does Heyman wait to visit Beile after she leaves the shop with David?
(a) He is frightened.
(b) He is sick.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is mad at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Goldy faint at her wedding?
2. Why does Goldy hear voices in the walls in her new apartment?
3. Why doesn't Tatyana want Boris to read "Russian Thought"?
4. How does Tatyana feel about Boris' appearance after he has been working at the factory for several months?
5. How does Goldy describe her wedding during the ceremony?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does David try to embarrass Mr. and Mrs. Lipman in front of their guests?
2. How does Heyman feel about proposing to Beile?
3. How does Beile respond to Mrs. Lipman's demand that she go to the store?
4. How does Tatyana first show Boris her irritation with him?
5. How do the Lipmans treat the Avroms?
6. What does Heyman do after Beile walks out on her job at the shop?
7. What type of wedding does Nathan want?
8. What do the workers in the Lipmans' shop argue about?
9. At the beginning of "A Sweatshop Romance," what is Beile's relationship with Heyman like?
10. What does Tatyana write in a note to Boris?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)