|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tatyana feel about Boris' appearance after he has been working at the factory for several months?
(a) She is impressed with it.
(b) She is saddened by it.
(c) She is confused by it.
(d) She is disgusted by it.
2. When does Heyman say he will settle the matter of an engagement with Beile?
(a) After his next paycheck.
(b) By the end of the week.
(c) By the end of the summer.
(d) He puts it off day after day.
3. What does Tatyana read that supports her argument against her husband?
(a) A book review.
(b) An advertisement.
(c) An editorial.
(d) A short story.
4. What does Stern's plan include Boris and Tatyana playing?
(d) The piano.
5. Why does Mrs. Lipman send Beile to the store?
(a) For a newspaper.
(b) For a dress.
(c) For lunch.
(d) For soda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tatyana do when Dalsky eats in her kitchen?
2. How long does the dancing before the ceremony take place in "A Ghetto Wedding"?
3. What street is the apartment Nathan pays for on?
4. What does Dalsky do to the atmosphere of Tatyana and Boris' home?
5. In Chapter 5, how does Boris feel about his job?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tatyana treat Boris when he comes home from work in Chapter 1?
2. How does Nathan feel about his financial situation?
3. Why does Beile decide to not sue Heyman at the end of "A Sweatshop Romance".
4. Why does Boris decide to take in a boarder?
5. What happens at the beginning of Goldy and Nathan's wedding?
6. What is Goldy and Nathan's apartment like?
7. How does Tatyana compare Boris and Dalsky?
8. At the beginning of "A Sweatshop Romance," what is Beile's relationship with Heyman like?
9. What happens when Goldy and Nathan leave their wedding?
10. Why does Goldy take time off of work?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)