|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Goldy tell Nathan she expects as gifts from her wedding guests?
(b) New kitchen appliances.
(c) The latest clothing.
2. How does David feel about Beile?
(a) He thinks she looks tired all the time.
(b) He thinks she is uneducated.
(c) He thinks she looks sweet.
(d) He thinks she deserves a better job.
3. Why does Mrs. Lipman send Beile to the store?
(a) For a newspaper.
(b) For lunch.
(c) For a dress.
(d) For soda.
4. What does Beile do when Mrs. Lipman threatens her about going to the store?
(a) She cries.
(b) She immediately leaves.
(c) She ignores her.
(d) She asks David for help.
5. Why does Goldy want to walk home after her wedding?
(a) Because it's romantic.
(b) To save money.
(c) As punishment.
(d) It's tradition.
Short Answer Questions
1. In her note to Boris, how does Tatyana say she will support herself?
2. What does Heyman say about proposing marriage to Beile?
3. What does Boris do at the end of "Circumstances"?
4. How much rent does Nathan pay upfront for his first apartment with Goldy?
5. How does Nathan want to go home after the wedding reception?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of "A Sweatshop Romance," what is Beile's relationship with Heyman like?
2. What do the workers in the Lipmans' shop argue about?
3. How does David try to embarrass Mr. and Mrs. Lipman in front of their guests?
4. Why does Dalsky move out of Boris' apartment?
5. How does Nathan feel about his financial situation?
6. What scheme does Stern propose?
7. How does Beile respond to Mrs. Lipman's demand that she go to the store?
8. What presents do Goldy and Nathan receive before their wedding?
9. What does Tatyana write in a note to Boris?
10. Why does Boris decide to take in a boarder?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)