|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dalsky say the factory has done to Boris?
(a) Paid his bills.
(b) Made him stronger.
(c) Eaten him up.
(d) Caused him tears.
2. What reminds Boris of his life with Tatyana?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The empty rooms of the apartment.
(c) The night time.
(d) The house plant.
3. What does David tell the Avrom's about the Lipman's carpet?
(a) That it was bought used.
(b) That it's dirty.
(c) That it's fake.
(d) That it's been bought with credit.
4. Why does Heyman turn around once he finally goes to Beile's after she leaves the shop with David?
(a) He is late for work.
(b) He hears an engagement party.
(c) He hears someone call his name.
(d) He decides it's officially over between them.
5. How long does it take Heyman to visit Beile after she leaves the shop with David?
(a) One week.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Four days.
(d) Two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David feel about Beile?
2. Why does Tatyana consider returning to Boris?
3. Why does Goldy take time off of work a week before the wedding?
4. What does David say about Mrs. Lipman's request for Beile to go to the store?
5. Why does Boris want to take in a boarder?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Lipmans treat the Avroms?
2. How does Tatyana compare Boris and Dalsky?
3. Why does Dalsky move out of Boris' apartment?
4. How does David explain his higher wage at the Lipmans' shop?
5. How does Heyman feel about proposing to Beile?
6. How does Dalsky fit in in Boris and Tatyana's house?
7. What plan does Goldy come up with for her wedding?
8. How does David try to embarrass Mr. and Mrs. Lipman in front of their guests?
9. Why does Nathan peddle?
10. What do the workers in the Lipmans' shop argue about?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)