|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tatyana do when Dalsky eats in her kitchen?
(a) She tries to read his textbook.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She questions him about his past.
(d) She makes him more food.
2. When does Goldy tell Nathan that most people will send them wedding presents?
(a) The day of the wedding.
(b) Before the wedding.
(c) After the wedding.
(d) On their first anniversary.
3. What does David say Beile must do for him to find her a better job?
(a) Promise to go to the store for Mrs. Lipman.
(b) Pay him a commission.
(c) Come with him.
(d) Write her resume.
4. What street is the focus point of "A Ghetto Wedding"?
(a) Grand Lake Street.
(b) Lake Street.
(c) Grand Street.
(d) Lake Grand Street.
5. What does David say about Mrs. Lipman's request for Beile to go to the store?
(a) He says she should go.
(b) He says she should quit her job.
(c) He says she should keep sewing.
(d) He says she should buy something for herself, too.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tatyana say she would feel if Dalsky knew about her feelings?
2. Why does Heyman turn around once he finally goes to Beile's after she leaves the shop with David?
3. What does Stern's plan include Boris and Tatyana playing?
4. How does Tatyana feel about Boris' appearance after he has been working at the factory for several months?
5. Why do Nathan and Goldy keep postponing their wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tatyana compare Boris and Dalsky?
2. How does Heyman feel about proposing to Beile?
3. How does David explain his higher wage at the Lipmans' shop?
4. At the beginning of "A Sweatshop Romance," what is Beile's relationship with Heyman like?
5. What plan does Goldy come up with for her wedding?
6. Why does Beile decide to not sue Heyman at the end of "A Sweatshop Romance".
7. What do the workers in the Lipmans' shop argue about?
8. What type of wedding does Nathan want?
9. How does Nathan feel about his financial situation?
10. What does Tatyana write in a note to Boris?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)