|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nathan earn extra money?
(a) He works as a servant.
(b) He peddles.
(c) He steals.
(d) He cleans shoes.
2. Where are Basse and Reb Avrom from?
(a) Meyer's birthplace.
(b) Mrs. Lipman's birthplace.
(c) New York City.
3. Why does Goldy interrupt Nathan at work?
(a) She needs to borrow money.
(b) She has an idea.
(c) She misses him.
(d) She wants to get married right away.
4. What does Tatyana read that supports her argument against her husband?
(a) A book review.
(b) An advertisement.
(c) An editorial.
(d) A short story.
5. How does Tatyana feel about Boris' appearance after he has been working at the factory for several months?
(a) She is confused by it.
(b) She is saddened by it.
(c) She is disgusted by it.
(d) She is impressed with it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David say he measures each day?
2. Why does Tatyana decide to write Boris a note?
3. What does Dalsky tell Boris the reason for him moving out is?
4. What floor is the apartment Nathan pays for on?
5. Why does Mrs. Lipman send Beile to the store?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nathan peddle?
2. How does Goldy feel after eating dinner at her wedding?
3. At the beginning of "A Sweatshop Romance," what is Beile's relationship with Heyman like?
4. How does Tatyana compare Boris and Dalsky?
5. How does Dalsky fit in in Boris and Tatyana's house?
6. How does Beile respond to Mrs. Lipman's demand that she go to the store?
7. What is Tatyana's life like without Boris?
8. How do the Lipmans treat the Avroms?
9. Why does Beile decide to not sue Heyman at the end of "A Sweatshop Romance".
10. Why does Goldy take time off of work?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)