|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What floor is the apartment Nathan pays for on?
(a) The fourth.
(b) The second.
(c) The first.
(d) The third.
2. What does David say about Mrs. Lipman's request for Beile to go to the store?
(a) He says she should buy something for herself, too.
(b) He says she should quit her job.
(c) He says she should keep sewing.
(d) He says she should go.
3. How does Nathan respond to Goldy's plan for a nice wedding and expensive gifts?
(a) He agrees.
(b) He disagrees.
(c) He says he has to think about.
(d) He ignores it.
4. What does Dalsky say the factory has done to Boris?
(a) Paid his bills.
(b) Eaten him up.
(c) Caused him tears.
(d) Made him stronger.
5. How are the Lipmans' workers paid?
(b) By piece.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Lipman send Beile to the store?
2. In her note to Boris, how does Tatyana say she will support herself?
3. What reminds Boris of his life with Tatyana?
4. When does Goldy faint at her wedding?
5. What does David wonder about Beile's work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the beginning of Goldy and Nathan's wedding?
2. Why does Beile decide to not sue Heyman at the end of "A Sweatshop Romance".
3. How does Tatyana first show Boris her irritation with him?
4. Why does Boris decide to take in a boarder?
5. Why does Nathan peddle?
6. What presents do Goldy and Nathan receive before their wedding?
7. How does Tatyana treat Boris when he comes home from work in Chapter 1?
8. How does Tatyana compare Boris and Dalsky?
9. Why do Boris and Tatyana move to New York?
10. At the beginning of "A Sweatshop Romance," what is Beile's relationship with Heyman like?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)