|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What money does Goldy think can provide her with a nice wedding and furniture?
(a) Lottery winnings.
(b) Her savings.
(c) Nathan's earnings.
(d) Her parent's money.
2. What does David say he considers himself to be?
(a) A mystery.
(b) An odd fellow.
(c) A scholar.
(d) A hard worker.
3. What is Boris' initial reaction to Stern's plan?
(a) He thinks it could work.
(b) He thinks it needs some improvement.
(c) He thinks it is stupid.
(d) He thinks it is better than his idea.
4. What does Mrs. Avrom think about Beile's appearance as she leaves the shop?
(a) She thinks Beile looks sad.
(b) She thinks Beile looks angry.
(c) She thinks Beile looks like a lady.
(d) She thinks Beile looks older than she is.
5. What reminds Tatyana of Dalsky after he moves out?
(a) His plant.
(b) His textbook.
(c) His room.
(d) Her books.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who mocks Goldy and Nathan after their wedding?
2. What does Mr. Lipman tell Reb Avrom about America?
3. What wedding gift arrives at Goldy's apartment and disappoints her?
4. How does David feel about Beile?
5. What does Tatyana do when Dalsky eats in her kitchen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Goldy and Nathan leave their wedding?
2. How does Goldy feel after eating dinner at her wedding?
3. Why does Dalsky move out of Boris' apartment?
4. How does Dalsky fit in in Boris and Tatyana's house?
5. Why does Beile decide to not sue Heyman at the end of "A Sweatshop Romance".
6. How does David explain his higher wage at the Lipmans' shop?
7. How does Tatyana first show Boris her irritation with him?
8. How does Tatyana treat Boris when he comes home from work in Chapter 1?
9. How do the Lipmans treat the Avroms?
10. What scheme does Stern propose?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)