|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jake do when he realizes he can no longer remember his son's face?
(a) He plans a trip home.
(b) He tries to find a picture.
(c) He goes out to dance.
(d) He becomes depressed.
2. Where does Flora's father accuse Shaya of eating pork?
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) In synagogue.
(c) In church.
(d) At home.
3. In what sport is Jake most interested?
4. What does Jake do when he sees Fanny sitting by herself at Joe's in "The New York Ghetto"?
(a) He brings her a drink.
(b) He has Joe ask her to dance.
(c) He asks her to dance.
(d) He ignores her.
5. Who does Rouvke say he feels like when he sees Hanele in the United States for the first time?
(b) A professor.
(c) A matchmaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Providential Match," who comes up with the nickname "Arbel"?
2. Why does Getl not want to ride in a carriage in the United States?
3. Why does Shaya ask Flora for help with his English?
4. What do the other peddlers do after Hanele leaves Rouyke for Gospodin?
5. Why does Flora's father tell Tamara he won't take Flora with him on his trip after Passover?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Flora's father hears the sermon in Chapter Two of "The Imported Bridegroom"?
2. Why does Mamie want Jake to go to Philadelphia?
3. How do Rouvke's old townspeople feel about him?
4. Why do Fanny and Mamie have a conflict with each other?
5. How does Rouvke feel about Peretz's financial issues?
6. What does Jake think about as he goes to the Mayor's to marry Mamie?
7. What role does Mrs. Kohan play in Rouvke's marriage?
8. What is Flora's father's first impression of Pravly when he returns there in Chapter Three of "The Imported Bridegroom"?
9. What does Flora do when Shaya listens to her play the piano?
10. How does Rouvke react to the news that Hanele is engaged to someone else?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)