|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Reb Tzalel feel Shaya is becoming an atheist?
(a) He was smoking a cigarette.
(b) He was speaking fluent English.
(c) He was kissing a girl.
(d) He was reading Dickens.
2. Why does Flora's father tell Tamara he won't take Flora with him on his trip after Passover?
(a) Because she refuses to go.
(b) Because it's his private trip.
(c) Because she won't fit in.
(d) Because he doesn't have enough money.
3. What does Mrs. Kavarsky insist Jake buy for Getl?
(a) A hat.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A handbag.
4. How does Mr. Bernstein describe America?
5. What does Jake do when he realizes he can no longer remember his son's face?
(a) He goes out to dance.
(b) He plans a trip home.
(c) He tries to find a picture.
(d) He becomes depressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Flora have Tamara send food to Shaya?
2. What does Rouvke threaten to do to Gospodin?
3. Why does Tamara live with Flora's family?
4. How does Flora feel about Shaya's love of American books?
5. Where does Rouvke learn to read and write in English?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jake finally decide to bring his wife and son to the United States?
2. How does Fieve help Rouvke negotiate a marriage with Hanele?
3. What happens when Flora's father hears the sermon in Chapter Two of "The Imported Bridegroom"?
4. What role does Mrs. Kohan play in Rouvke's marriage?
5. What is Flora's father's first impression of Pravly when he returns there in Chapter Three of "The Imported Bridegroom"?
6. How does Jake feel at his divorce hearing?
7. What happens when the Talmudists come for dinner in "The Imported Bridegroom"?
8. How does Jake feel when he first sees his wife and son in the United States?
9. What does Fieve tell Rouvke about Hanele and her family after he moved to the United States?
10. How does Flora react when Shaya comes home for the first time?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)