|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rouvke want to spite Mrs. Kohan?
(a) For what she said about his marriage.
(b) For what she said about his money.
(c) For what she said about his mother.
(d) For what she said about his father.
2. What does Rouvke ask his mother to tell him about when he is first in the United States?
(a) Major world events.
(b) Rouvke doesn't talk to his mother at first.
(c) Details from Hanele's life.
(d) Gossip from their town.
3. What is Rouvke's first job in America?
(a) A peddler.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A factory worker.
(d) A cobbler.
4. What is Flora reading in Chapter One of "The Imported Bridegroom"?
(a) Little Men.
(b) Little Women.
(c) Little Bitty.
(d) Little Dorrit.
5. What does Arbel mean?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jake do when he realizes he can no longer remember his son's face?
2. How does Jake respond when Fanny asks him about dance class?
3. Where does Flora's father announce he will travel after Passover?
4. Who does Rouvke say he feels like when he sees Hanele in the United States for the first time?
5. In "The New York Ghetto," what does Jake buy both Fanny and Mamie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fieve tell Rouvke about Hanele and her family after he moved to the United States?
2. How does Mrs. Kavarsky try to save Jake and Gitl's marriage?
3. Why do Fanny and Mamie have a conflict with each other?
4. Why does Mamie want Jake to go to Philadelphia?
5. What happens when Reb Lippe auctions off sections of the Pentaleuch to read?
6. What happens when Flora's father hears the sermon in Chapter Two of "The Imported Bridegroom"?
7. What does Hanele tell Rouvke about her trip to the United States?
8. How does Jake feel when he first sees his wife and son in the United States?
9. How do Rouvke's old townspeople feel about him?
10. Why is Flora disappointed at the end of "The Imported Bridegroom"?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)