|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Flora reading in Chapter One of "The Imported Bridegroom"?
(a) Little Women.
(b) Little Men.
(c) Little Dorrit.
(d) Little Bitty.
2. What worries Flora most about marrying Shaya?
(a) He isn't tall enough.
(b) He may go home.
(c) He may never learn English.
(d) He may become a rabbi.
3. Why does Rouvke reject the matchmaker's offer to negotiate the marriage between Rouvke and Hanele?
(a) Because he doesn't trust the matchmaker.
(b) Because she lives in a different country.
(c) Because he likes someone else.
(d) Because she is poor.
4. What is a choson?
(a) A man who is on the matrimonial market.
(b) A man who is engaged.
(c) A man who is divorced.
(d) A man who pays money for a wife.
5. In "The New York Ghetto," what does Jake buy both Fanny and Mamie?
Short Answer Questions
1. While in the United States, what does Rouvke learn about Peretz?
2. Why does Shaya ask Flora for help with his English?
3. How does Jake describe his wife?
4. What language does Jake disapprove of Getl speaking?
5. What does Feive threaten to do to Gospodin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fieve help Rouvke negotiate a marriage with Hanele?
2. What happens when the Talmudists come for dinner in "The Imported Bridegroom"?
3. What happens when Flora's father hears the sermon in Chapter Two of "The Imported Bridegroom"?
4. Why is Flora disappointed at the end of "The Imported Bridegroom"?
5. How does Mr. Bernstein upset Gitl?
6. What does Jake say he did when he came to the United States?
7. What does Fieve tell Rouvke about Hanele and her family after he moved to the United States?
8. What does Flora do when Shaya listens to her play the piano?
9. How does Reb Tzalel feel about Shaya after he spends time in the United States?
10. What is Flora's father's first impression of Pravly when he returns there in Chapter Three of "The Imported Bridegroom"?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)