Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shaya secretly study after learning English?
2. What is Rouvke's first job in America?
(a) A peddler.
(b) A factory worker.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A cobbler.
3. How does Rouvke feel when he sees Hanele for the first time in the United States?
(a) He thinks she is common looking.
(b) He thinks she has changed.
(c) He thinks she is beautiful.
(d) He thinks she won't fit in.
4. How do Jake's parents contact him in the United States?
(a) They don't contact Jake.
(b) They have someone write letters on their behalf.
(c) They use the telephone.
(d) They send weekly postcards.
5. Where does Flora's father accuse Shaya of eating pork?
(a) At home.
(b) In synagogue.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) In church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Flora's father decide to grow out his side locks?
2. Why does Flora's father tell Tamara he won't take Flora with him on his trip after Passover?
3. How does Reb Tzalel feel about Shaya coming to America?
4. What does Flora's father hope her future husband will do for a living?
5. What upsets Flora's father about Pravly?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does David explain his higher wage at the Lipmans' shop?
2. How does Beile respond to Mrs. Lipman's demand that she go to the store?
3. What does Heyman do after Beile walks out on her job at the shop?
4. At the beginning of "A Sweatshop Romance," what is Beile's relationship with Heyman like?
5. What does Jake say he did when he came to the United States?
6. How does Rouvke react to the news that Hanele is engaged to someone else?
7. Why do Boris and Tatyana move to New York?
8. How does Tatyana compare Boris and Dalsky?
9. How do Flora and her father disagree over her marriage prospects?
10. Why does Goldy take time off of work?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)