|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jake's friends think about Yossele?
(a) They say he is too shy.
(b) They say he is smart.
(c) They say he is a comedian.
(d) They say he needs to start school soon.
2. How does Mrs. Kohan feel about Rouvke marrying Hanele?
(a) She thinks it will be a disaster.
(b) She thinks it is a good match.
(c) She thinks it is a dream come true.
(d) She thinks it is ridiculous.
3. How does Jake describe his wife?
(d) He never thinks of her.
4. What language does Jake disapprove of Getl speaking?
5. How does Flora's father describe the library?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tamara live with Flora's family?
2. What name does Jake give Yossele in the United States?
3. How does Jake explain Mamie's visit in "A Paterfamilias"?
4. What is Rouvke's first job in America?
5. Why does Rouvke avoid women when he is first in the United States?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rouvke react to the news that Hanele is engaged to someone else?
2. How does Fieve help Rouvke negotiate a marriage with Hanele?
3. Why do Fanny and Mamie have a conflict with each other?
4. How does Jake feel at his divorce hearing?
5. Why is Flora disappointed at the end of "The Imported Bridegroom"?
6. How do Rouvke's old townspeople feel about him?
7. How does Reb Tzalel feel about Shaya after he spends time in the United States?
8. What does Flora do when Shaya listens to her play the piano?
9. How does Flora's father end up bringing Shaya back to the United States?
10. What is Rouvke's life like when he first moves to the United States?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)