|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shaya secretly study after learning English?
2. Why does Flora's father tell Tamara he won't take Flora with him on his trip after Passover?
(a) Because she refuses to go.
(b) Because she won't fit in.
(c) Because it's his private trip.
(d) Because he doesn't have enough money.
3. Where does Jake hope to bring his wife and son?
(a) New York.
4. What happens when the boss is on a quest for work in "Jake and Yekl"?
(a) The shop goes idle.
(b) The workers quit.
(c) His wife ignores him.
(d) He travels to Europe.
5. How does Flora feel when she first meets Shaya?
(a) She wants him to leave.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She is curious about his past.
(d) She is embarrassed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rouvke threaten to do to Gospodin?
2. How does Shaya respond when Flora tells him her father approves of their wedding?
3. How does Flora feel about Shaya's love of American books?
4. What does Jake do when he realizes he can no longer remember his son's face?
5. In "Jake and Yekl," how long has it been since Jake last saw his parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Reb Lippe auctions off sections of the Pentaleuch to read?
2. How do Rouvke's old townspeople feel about him?
3. What happens when the Talmudists come for dinner in "The Imported Bridegroom"?
4. How does Mr. Bernstein upset Gitl?
5. How does Flora react when Shaya comes home for the first time?
6. What is Flora's father's first impression of Pravly when he returns there in Chapter Three of "The Imported Bridegroom"?
7. How does Rouvke feel about American women?
8. How does Jake feel at his divorce hearing?
9. Why is Flora disappointed at the end of "The Imported Bridegroom"?
10. How does Gitl try to fit in with American culture?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)