|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flora's father hope her future husband will do for a living?
(a) A businessman.
(b) A builder.
(c) A preacher.
(d) A writer.
2. Where does Jake hope to bring his wife and son?
(a) New York.
3. Why does Yossele kick Jake after arriving in the United States?
(a) For leaving in the first place.
(b) For not hugging his mom.
(c) For not bringing him over sooner.
(d) For not sending him money.
4. How much money does Rouvke save by the time he is 25?
(a) Two thousand dollars.
(b) Three thousand dollars.
(c) One thousand dollars.
(d) Four thousand dollars.
5. What does Jake do when he realizes he can no longer remember his son's face?
(a) He tries to find a picture.
(b) He becomes depressed.
(c) He goes out to dance.
(d) He plans a trip home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rouvke meet with Fieve again in the United States?
2. How does Flora's father want to fix her wedding to Shaya?
3. In "The New York Ghetto," why does Joe want Jake to talk to Mamie?
4. What do the other peddlers do after Hanele leaves Rouyke for Gospodin?
5. What does Jake do when he realizes he can't remember his prayers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mamie want Jake to go to Philadelphia?
2. How does Jake finally decide to bring his wife and son to the United States?
3. What is Flora's father's first impression of Pravly when he returns there in Chapter Three of "The Imported Bridegroom"?
4. Why do Fanny and Mamie have a conflict with each other?
5. What role does Mrs. Kohan play in Rouvke's marriage?
6. How does Jake feel at his divorce hearing?
7. What does Hanele tell Rouvke about her trip to the United States?
8. What happens when Flora's father hears the sermon in Chapter Two of "The Imported Bridegroom"?
9. How do Flora and her father disagree over her marriage prospects?
10. How does Jake feel when he first sees his wife and son in the United States?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)