|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Rouvke save by the time he is 25?
(a) One thousand dollars.
(b) Three thousand dollars.
(c) Four thousand dollars.
(d) Two thousand dollars.
2. How does Rouvke feel when he sees Hanele for the first time in the United States?
(a) He thinks she is common looking.
(b) He thinks she has changed.
(c) He thinks she won't fit in.
(d) He thinks she is beautiful.
3. What does Rouvke threaten to do to Gospodin?
(a) Steal his money.
(b) Beat him up.
(c) Kidnap Hanele.
(d) Call the police.
4. Where does Flora go when she runs away in Chapter Ten of "The Imported Bridegroom"?
(a) To the synagogue.
(b) To the library.
(c) To the courthouse.
(d) To a church.
5. Where does Rouvke meet with Fieve again in the United States?
(a) At synagogue.
(b) At the market.
(c) At a train station.
(d) In the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rouvke fear ladies do to men who can't read the newspaper?
2. What happens when the boss is on a quest for work in "Jake and Yekl"?
3. Why do Shaya's collection of Hebrew books make Flora cry?
4. Where does Flora's father accuse Shaya of eating pork?
5. What is a choson?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nathan peddle?
2. How does Gitl try to fit in with American culture?
3. How do Flora and her father disagree over her marriage prospects?
4. What happens when Flora's father hears the sermon in Chapter Two of "The Imported Bridegroom"?
5. What is Tatyana's life like without Boris?
6. What is the Lipmans' shop like?
7. How does Rouvke feel about American women?
8. Why do Fanny and Mamie have a conflict with each other?
9. What do the workers in the Lipmans' shop argue about?
10. Why does Beile decide to not sue Heyman at the end of "A Sweatshop Romance".
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)