|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Getl get a kerchief?
(a) To dry her tears.
(b) To replace her wig.
(c) To cover her lap.
(d) To give it to Jake.
2. What is Flora reading in Chapter One of "The Imported Bridegroom"?
(a) Little Men.
(b) Little Dorrit.
(c) Little Bitty.
(d) Little Women.
3. What upsets Flora's father about Pravly?
(a) The lack of old buildings.
(b) The number of billboards.
(c) The crumbling roads.
(d) The presence of a Catholic church.
4. While in the United States, what does Rouvke learn about Peretz?
(a) He moved to Canada.
(b) He remarried.
(c) He lost a lot of money.
(d) He acquired a fortune.
5. How does Jake describe his wife?
(d) He never thinks of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't Shaya say the "Words of the Law" when the Talmudists ask him?
2. What does Rouvke threaten to do to Gospodin?
3. Why does Shaya ask Flora for help with his English?
4. What type of Yiddish does Jake speak?
5. Where does Flora's father announce he will travel after Passover?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jake say he did when he came to the United States?
2. What does Flora do when Shaya listens to her play the piano?
3. What happens when the Talmudists come for dinner in "The Imported Bridegroom"?
4. How does Mrs. Kavarsky try to save Jake and Gitl's marriage?
5. How do Rouvke's old townspeople feel about him?
6. How does Flora react when Shaya comes home for the first time?
7. How does Jake feel at his divorce hearing?
8. What is Rouvke's life like when he first moves to the United States?
9. How does Mr. Bernstein upset Gitl?
10. How do Flora and her father disagree over her marriage prospects?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)