|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rouvke ask his mother to tell him about when he is first in the United States?
(a) Gossip from their town.
(b) Major world events.
(c) Rouvke doesn't talk to his mother at first.
(d) Details from Hanele's life.
2. How does Mrs. Kohan feel about Rouvke marrying Hanele?
(a) She thinks it is ridiculous.
(b) She thinks it is a good match.
(c) She thinks it is a dream come true.
(d) She thinks it will be a disaster.
3. What does Jake do when he realizes he can no longer remember his son's face?
(a) He tries to find a picture.
(b) He goes out to dance.
(c) He becomes depressed.
(d) He plans a trip home.
4. In what sport is Jake most interested?
5. What does Feive threaten to do to Gospodin?
(a) Call the captain of the boat.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Call the newspaper.
(d) Call Peretz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Shaya's collection of Hebrew books make Flora cry?
2. What does Mrs. Kavarsky tell Gitl will happen to Jake if he cheats?
3. Why does Rouvke reject the matchmaker's offer to negotiate the marriage between Rouvke and Hanele?
4. Where does Rouvke meet with Fieve again in the United States?
5. How does Flora's father describe the library?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rouvke feel about Peretz's financial issues?
2. How does Rouvke react to the news that Hanele is engaged to someone else?
3. What happens when the Talmudists come for dinner in "The Imported Bridegroom"?
4. How does Jake feel when he first sees his wife and son in the United States?
5. What does Jake say he did when he came to the United States?
6. How does Rouvke react when he first sees Hanele at the seaport in the United States?
7. How do Rouvke's old townspeople feel about him?
8. How does Reb Tzalel feel about Shaya after he spends time in the United States?
9. Why does Mamie want Jake to go to Philadelphia?
10. What is Flora's father's first impression of Pravly when he returns there in Chapter Three of "The Imported Bridegroom"?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)