|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Flora have Tamara send food to Shaya?
(a) Because she is similar to him.
(b) Because Tamara was in Flora's way.
(c) Because he is hungry.
(d) Because she wanted to run away.
2. How does Mr. Bernstein describe America?
3. What does Feive threaten to do to Gospodin?
(a) Call the captain of the boat.
(b) Call the newspaper.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Call Peretz.
4. Why does Shaya ask Flora for help with his English?
(a) Because she knows the current slang.
(b) Because his tutor quit.
(c) Because he wants to get to know her better.
(d) Because people can't understand him.
5. Why does Getl get a kerchief?
(a) To cover her lap.
(b) To give it to Jake.
(c) To dry her tears.
(d) To replace her wig.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Feive do for a living?
2. How does Flora's father feel about her reading novels?
3. What does Arbel mean?
4. How does Mrs. Kohan feel about Rouvke marrying Hanele?
5. Where does Rouvke learn to read and write in English?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Mrs. Kohan play in Rouvke's marriage?
2. How does Jake feel at his divorce hearing?
3. What happens when Flora's father hears the sermon in Chapter Two of "The Imported Bridegroom"?
4. How does Fieve help Rouvke negotiate a marriage with Hanele?
5. How does Flora react when Shaya comes home for the first time?
6. What is Rouvke's life like when he first moves to the United States?
7. How do Rouvke's old townspeople feel about him?
8. How does Flora's father end up bringing Shaya back to the United States?
9. Why does Mamie want Jake to go to Philadelphia?
10. Why do Fanny and Mamie have a conflict with each other?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)