|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Flora's father decide to grow out his side locks?
(a) Because he is bored.
(b) Because Tamara asked him.
(c) Because he is wicked.
(d) Because the preacher told him to.
2. What language does Jake disapprove of Getl speaking?
3. Where does Rouvke meet with Fieve again in the United States?
(a) At synagogue.
(b) At the market.
(c) At a train station.
(d) In the street.
4. In "The New York Ghetto," what does Jake buy both Fanny and Mamie?
5. Where does Gospodin say he met Hanele?
(a) At college.
(b) Before they left the dock.
(c) In steerage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gospodin agree to pay Rouvke for?
2. Why does Fanny find a new job in "A Paterfamilias"?
3. How does Jake feel the first time he sees Gitl in the United States?
4. Why does Reb Tzalel feel Shaya is becoming an atheist?
5. What does Gitl do when her divorce from Jake is finalized?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Boris decide to take in a boarder?
2. Why does Beile decide to not sue Heyman at the end of "A Sweatshop Romance".
3. What do the workers in the Lipmans' shop argue about?
4. What happens when Flora's father hears the sermon in Chapter Two of "The Imported Bridegroom"?
5. What happens at the beginning of Goldy and Nathan's wedding?
6. What scheme does Stern propose?
7. How does Reb Tzalel feel about Shaya after he spends time in the United States?
8. How does Rouvke feel about Peretz's financial issues?
9. How does Jake feel when he first sees his wife and son in the United States?
10. How do Rouvke's old townspeople feel about him?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)