|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the other peddlers do after Hanele leaves Rouyke for Gospodin?
(a) They offer him their apologies.
(b) They ignore him.
(c) They buy him drinks.
(d) They laugh at him.
2. What does Gitl do when her divorce from Jake is finalized?
(c) Walks away.
3. How does Flora feel about Shaya's love of American books?
4. How does Rouvke feel about his day dreams of marrying Hanele?
(a) He thinks they are painful.
(b) He thinks they are ridiculous.
(c) He thinks they are powerful.
(d) He thinks they will become true.
5. What is Flora reading in Chapter One of "The Imported Bridegroom"?
(a) Little Men.
(b) Little Dorrit.
(c) Little Women.
(d) Little Bitty.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Bernstein describe America?
2. What does Jake do when he realizes he can't remember his prayers?
3. Why does Flora's father decide to grow out his side locks?
4. Where does Gospodin say he met Hanele?
5. How does Flora's father want to fix her wedding to Shaya?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jake feel when he first sees his wife and son in the United States?
2. What is Flora's father's first impression of Pravly when he returns there in Chapter Three of "The Imported Bridegroom"?
3. How do Rouvke's old townspeople feel about him?
4. How does Rouvke feel about Peretz's financial issues?
5. How does Rouvke feel about American women?
6. How does Flora's father end up bringing Shaya back to the United States?
7. How does Jake finally decide to bring his wife and son to the United States?
8. How does Rouvke react when he first sees Hanele at the seaport in the United States?
9. How does Mrs. Kavarsky try to save Jake and Gitl's marriage?
10. What is Rouvke's life like when he first moves to the United States?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)