|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boris do at the end of "Circumstances"?
(a) Leave to find Tatyana.
(c) Take in a border.
(d) Move away.
2. What makes Dalsky think Tatyana may have an interest in him?
(a) Because she told him.
(b) Because she cooks for him.
(c) Because she fights with Boris.
(d) Because she shares her feelings with him.
3. What school did Boris attend before marrying Tatyana?
(a) Medical school.
(b) Teaching school.
(c) Law school.
(d) Business school.
4. What does Dalsky do to the atmosphere of Tatyana and Boris' home?
(a) Makes it less lonely.
(b) Makes it pleasant.
(c) Makes it stressed.
(d) Makes it less comfortable.
5. What does Beile's mother want Beile to do to Heyman?
(a) Beg him to marry her.
(b) Tease him.
(c) Dump him.
(d) Sue him.
6. What worries Goldy most about her wedding?
(a) Falling out of love with Nathan.
(b) Being ridiculed.
(c) Being left at the alter.
(d) Being poor after.
7. What street is the apartment Nathan pays for on?
(a) Strawberry Street.
(b) Cherry Street.
(c) Apple Street.
(d) Pear Street.
8. Why do Boris and Tatyana move to New York?
(a) Because they have free tickets.
(b) Because Boris can't get into the bar.
(c) Becaues Tatyana has no job prospects.
(d) Because they can make more money there.
9. How many rooms are in the apartment Nathan pays for?
10. How does Tatyana say she would feel if Dalsky knew about her feelings?
11. What does Goldy tell Nathan she expects as gifts from her wedding guests?
(b) The latest clothing.
(d) New kitchen appliances.
12. What does Mrs. Avrom think about Beile's appearance as she leaves the shop?
(a) She thinks Beile looks sad.
(b) She thinks Beile looks angry.
(c) She thinks Beile looks like a lady.
(d) She thinks Beile looks older than she is.
13. Where are Basse and Reb Avrom from?
(a) Meyer's birthplace.
(b) New York City.
(d) Mrs. Lipman's birthplace.
14. What reminds Tatyana of Dalsky after he moves out?
(a) Her books.
(b) His plant.
(c) His room.
(d) His textbook.
15. How does Nathan respond to Goldy's plan for a nice wedding and expensive gifts?
(a) He disagrees.
(b) He says he has to think about.
(c) He agrees.
(d) He ignores it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tatyana consider returning to Boris?
2. When does Dalsky say Stern has a scheme planned?
3. When does Goldy tell Nathan that most people will send them wedding presents?
4. Why does Goldy want to walk home after her wedding?
5. What does David say he considers himself to be?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)