|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dalsky tell Boris the reason for him moving out is?
(d) His family.
2. What does David say about Mrs. Lipman's request for Beile to go to the store?
(a) He says she should buy something for herself, too.
(b) He says she should go.
(c) He says she should keep sewing.
(d) He says she should quit her job.
3. What happens when Boris tells Tatyana his plan in Chapter 5?
(a) She doesn't listen.
(b) She starts to make dinner.
(c) She cries.
(d) She agrees to do whatever he wants.
4. Why doesn't Tatyana want Boris to read "Russian Thought"?
(a) She knows it will make him mad.
(b) She wants to spend time with him.
(c) She wants to give it to him as a gift.
(d) She doesn't want to have a conversation about the book.
5. Why does Heyman turn around once he finally goes to Beile's after she leaves the shop with David?
(a) He decides it's officially over between them.
(b) He hears an engagement party.
(c) He hears someone call his name.
(d) He is late for work.
6. Why do the guests dance for a long time before Goldy and Nathan's ceremony?
(a) They are waiting for more guests to arrive.
(b) They are waiting for Nathan to arrive.
(c) They are waiting for Goldy to arrive.
(d) They are waiting for the food to cook.
7. What street is the focus point of "A Ghetto Wedding"?
(a) Lake Street.
(b) Grand Lake Street.
(c) Grand Street.
(d) Lake Grand Street.
8. What does Tatyana remember Anna Karenina noticing about her husbands ears?
(a) How large they were.
(b) How perfect they were.
(c) How small they were.
(d) How curved they were.
9. Where does Leizer Lipman run his shop?
(a) Out of his house.
(b) Above a diner.
(c) From the trunk of his car.
(d) From a garage.
10. Why do Boris and Tatyana move to New York?
(a) Because they can make more money there.
(b) Becaues Tatyana has no job prospects.
(c) Because Boris can't get into the bar.
(d) Because they have free tickets.
11. What makes Dalsky think Tatyana may have an interest in him?
(a) Because she fights with Boris.
(b) Because she cooks for him.
(c) Because she told him.
(d) Because she shares her feelings with him.
12. What does David say Beile must do for him to find her a better job?
(a) Pay him a commission.
(b) Promise to go to the store for Mrs. Lipman.
(c) Come with him.
(d) Write her resume.
13. Why does Boris want to take in a boarder?
(a) Because he wants to run his own business.
(b) Because his cousin needs a place to stay.
(c) Because Tatyana is lonely.
(d) Because their rent is expensive.
14. What does Goldy tell Nathan she expects as gifts from her wedding guests?
(b) New kitchen appliances.
(d) The latest clothing.
15. In "A Ghetto Wedding," what wedding presents does the narrator say usually arrive before the wedding?
(a) The most expensive presents.
(b) The larger presents.
(d) Presents from family out of town.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many rooms are in the apartment Nathan pays for?
2. Why do Nathan and Goldy keep postponing their wedding?
3. What does David wonder about Beile's work?
4. What worries Goldy most about her wedding?
5. What does Tatyana do when Dalsky eats in her kitchen?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)