|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nathan respond to Goldy's plan for a nice wedding and expensive gifts?
(a) He agrees.
(b) He says he has to think about.
(c) He disagrees.
(d) He ignores it.
2. What does David say he considers himself to be?
(a) An odd fellow.
(b) A mystery.
(c) A hard worker.
(d) A scholar.
3. What does Dalsky do to the atmosphere of Tatyana and Boris' home?
(a) Makes it pleasant.
(b) Makes it less lonely.
(c) Makes it less comfortable.
(d) Makes it stressed.
4. What does David tell the Avrom's about the Lipman's carpet?
(a) That it's fake.
(b) That it's been bought with credit.
(c) That it's dirty.
(d) That it was bought used.
5. How does Tatyana say she would feel if Dalsky knew about her feelings?
6. Who finally tells David and Beile to leave the shop?
(a) Mr. Avrom.
(b) Mr. Lipman.
(c) Mrs. Lipman.
(d) Mrs. Avrom.
7. At what type of factory does Boris work?
(a) A steel factory.
(b) A tailoring factory.
(c) A pearl button factory.
(d) A carriage factory.
8. What does Stern's plan include Boris and Tatyana playing?
(d) The piano.
9. In Chapter 5, how does Boris feel about his job?
(a) He is upset.
(b) He is energetic.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is bored.
10. What does David say Beile must do for him to find her a better job?
(a) Come with him.
(b) Promise to go to the store for Mrs. Lipman.
(c) Pay him a commission.
(d) Write her resume.
11. How long does it take Heyman to visit Beile after she leaves the shop with David?
(a) Two days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One week.
12. What does Mrs. Lipman show Basse and Reb Avrom when they arrive?
(a) Her bank account.
(b) Her house.
(c) Her jewelry.
(d) Her factory.
13. Where are Basse and Reb Avrom from?
(a) New York City.
(b) Meyer's birthplace.
(c) Mrs. Lipman's birthplace.
14. Why does Heyman wait to visit Beile after she leaves the shop with David?
(a) He is sick.
(b) He is mad at her.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is frightened.
15. Why does Tatyana decide to write Boris a note?
(a) To make sure she says everything.
(b) Because he isn't home.
(c) Because she writes well.
(d) To tell him the truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Dalsky say Stern has a scheme planned?
2. What money does Goldy think can provide her with a nice wedding and furniture?
3. What is Boris' initial reaction to Stern's plan?
4. In her note to Boris, how does Tatyana say she will support herself?
5. How are the Lipmans' workers paid?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)