|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Dalsky think Tatyana may have an interest in him?
(a) Because she told him.
(b) Because she fights with Boris.
(c) Because she shares her feelings with him.
(d) Because she cooks for him.
2. How does Tatyana feel about Boris' appearance after he has been working at the factory for several months?
(a) She is saddened by it.
(b) She is impressed with it.
(c) She is confused by it.
(d) She is disgusted by it.
3. What floor is the apartment Nathan pays for on?
(a) The first.
(b) The fourth.
(c) The third.
(d) The second.
4. What is Dalsky studying?
5. Who does Goldy blame for her lack of furniture?
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her wedding guests.
6. What does Beile's mother want Beile to do to Heyman?
(a) Tease him.
(b) Sue him.
(c) Beg him to marry her.
(d) Dump him.
7. What reminds Boris of his life with Tatyana?
(a) The house plant.
(b) The night time.
(c) The empty rooms of the apartment.
(d) The kitchen.
8. How much rent does Nathan pay upfront for his first apartment with Goldy?
(a) One month.
(b) Three months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Four months.
9. What does Beile do when Mrs. Lipman threatens her about going to the store?
(a) She asks David for help.
(b) She immediately leaves.
(c) She cries.
(d) She ignores her.
10. Why does Beile decide she hates Heyman?
(a) Because he is a poor worker.
(b) Because he never visited her.
(c) Because of his height.
(d) Because he is a coward.
11. What does Mr. Lipman tell Reb Avrom about America?
(a) How they dress.
(b) How they eat well.
(c) How they spend money.
(d) How they tailor.
12. Why do Nathan and Goldy keep postponing their wedding?
(a) Nathan's family isn't in the United States yet.
(b) For financial reasons.
(c) Goldy isn't sure she wants to marry Nathan.
(d) Nathan isn't sure he wants to marry Goldy.
13. How do Goldy and Nathan feel as they walk home after their wedding?
14. What does Goldy tell Nathan she expects as gifts from her wedding guests?
(c) The latest clothing.
(d) New kitchen appliances.
15. Why does Heyman wait to visit Beile after she leaves the shop with David?
(a) He is sick.
(b) He is mad at her.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is frightened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of wedding does Nathan want?
2. How does Tatyana say she would feel if Dalsky knew about her feelings?
3. What does Mrs. Avrom think about Beile's appearance as she leaves the shop?
4. What does Heyman say about proposing marriage to Beile?
5. How does Nathan want to go home after the wedding reception?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)