|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Beile upset about being sent to the store?
(a) Because she won't be getting paid.
(b) Because the errand is beneath her.
(c) Because she doesn't want to leave Heyman.
(d) Because of Mrs. Lipman's tone.
2. How does Nathan respond to Goldy's plan for a nice wedding and expensive gifts?
(a) He ignores it.
(b) He disagrees.
(c) He agrees.
(d) He says he has to think about.
3. Who does Meyer say is like a servant to the Lipmans?
4. Why does Tatyana decide to write Boris a note?
(a) To tell him the truth.
(b) To make sure she says everything.
(c) Because she writes well.
(d) Because he isn't home.
5. How does David say he measures each day?
(a) By coats.
(b) By smiles.
(c) By hours.
(d) By breaks.
6. At what type of factory does Boris work?
(a) A carriage factory.
(b) A pearl button factory.
(c) A steel factory.
(d) A tailoring factory.
7. Why does Goldy interrupt Nathan at work?
(a) She wants to get married right away.
(b) She has an idea.
(c) She needs to borrow money.
(d) She misses him.
8. How does Tatyana say she would feel if Dalsky knew about her feelings?
9. Why does Goldy take time off of work a week before the wedding?
(a) To wait for presents.
(b) To rest.
(c) To make sure all the details are in place.
(d) To get her dress fitted.
10. What does Mrs. Avrom think about Beile's appearance as she leaves the shop?
(a) She thinks Beile looks angry.
(b) She thinks Beile looks older than she is.
(c) She thinks Beile looks like a lady.
(d) She thinks Beile looks sad.
11. Why does Tatyana consider returning to Boris?
(a) Her money is running out.
(b) Her living conditions are terrible.
(c) She misses having a partner.
(d) She realizes she is still in love with him.
12. What floor is the apartment Nathan pays for on?
(a) The second.
(b) The first.
(c) The fourth.
(d) The third.
13. What does Tatyana read that supports her argument against her husband?
(a) A book review.
(b) An editorial.
(c) A short story.
(d) An advertisement.
14. Why does Tatyana decide not to return to Boris?
(a) She loves her new job.
(b) The memory of Dalsky.
(c) She is embarrassed.
(d) The weather.
15. When does Dalsky say Stern has a scheme planned?
(a) For Passover.
(b) For New Year's Eve.
(c) For May Day.
(d) For Christmas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Goldy tell Nathan she expects as gifts from her wedding guests?
2. What does Dalsky say the factory has done to Boris?
3. What does Mrs. Lipman show Basse and Reb Avrom when they arrive?
4. Why does Beile decide she hates Heyman?
5. Who finally tells David and Beile to leave the shop?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)