|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her note to Boris, how does Tatyana say she will support herself?
(a) With her savings.
(b) With money from Dalsky.
(c) With money from Boris.
(d) With a job.
2. Why does Boris want to take in a boarder?
(a) Because Tatyana is lonely.
(b) Because he wants to run his own business.
(c) Because their rent is expensive.
(d) Because his cousin needs a place to stay.
3. What reminds Boris of his life with Tatyana?
(a) The night time.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The house plant.
(d) The empty rooms of the apartment.
4. What room is Goldy's bedroom in?
(a) A kitchen.
(b) A children's play room.
(c) A parlor.
(d) A dining room.
5. What does Mr. Lipman tell Reb Avrom about America?
(a) How they eat well.
(b) How they tailor.
(c) How they spend money.
(d) How they dress.
6. Where does Leizer Lipman run his shop?
(a) From the trunk of his car.
(b) Out of his house.
(c) Above a diner.
(d) From a garage.
7. Where are Basse and Reb Avrom from?
(a) Meyer's birthplace.
(b) Mrs. Lipman's birthplace.
(d) New York City.
8. What does Boris say his plan to get out of the factory relies on?
(a) His boss' son.
9. What does Stern's plan include Boris and Tatyana playing?
(c) The piano.
10. How does Nathan respond to Goldy's plan for a nice wedding and expensive gifts?
(a) He agrees.
(b) He says he has to think about.
(c) He disagrees.
(d) He ignores it.
11. How much rent does Nathan pay upfront for his first apartment with Goldy?
(a) Four months.
(b) Two months.
(c) Three months.
(d) One month.
12. What does David say he considers himself to be?
(a) A hard worker.
(b) A scholar.
(c) A mystery.
(d) An odd fellow.
13. What does David say about Mrs. Lipman's request for Beile to go to the store?
(a) He says she should go.
(b) He says she should keep sewing.
(c) He says she should buy something for herself, too.
(d) He says she should quit her job.
14. What does Tatyana suggest she and Boris do in a note?
(a) Separate for a short time.
(b) Leave New York.
(c) Have Dalsky move back in.
(d) Start over.
15. When does Heyman say he will settle the matter of an engagement with Beile?
(a) By the end of the summer.
(b) He puts it off day after day.
(c) After his next paycheck.
(d) By the end of the week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Tatyana want Boris to read "Russian Thought"?
2. When does Dalsky say Stern has a scheme planned?
3. What does David tell the Avrom's about the Lipman's carpet?
4. How many rooms are in the apartment Nathan pays for?
5. Why does Heyman wait to visit Beile after she leaves the shop with David?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)