|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tatyana suggest she and Boris do in a note?
(a) Start over.
(b) Leave New York.
(c) Have Dalsky move back in.
(d) Separate for a short time.
2. When does Goldy faint at her wedding?
(a) When the barb addresses her.
(b) When no guests show up.
(c) Before dancing.
(d) After she eats dinner.
3. What does Meyer complain about when it comes to his co-workers?
4. Why does Tatyana decide not to return to Boris?
(a) The weather.
(b) She is embarrassed.
(c) The memory of Dalsky.
(d) She loves her new job.
5. What does Tatyana read that supports her argument against her husband?
(a) An advertisement.
(b) A short story.
(c) A book review.
(d) An editorial.
6. What worries Goldy most about her wedding?
(a) Being ridiculed.
(b) Being left at the alter.
(c) Falling out of love with Nathan.
(d) Being poor after.
7. What does Dalsky say the factory has done to Boris?
(a) Made him stronger.
(b) Caused him tears.
(c) Paid his bills.
(d) Eaten him up.
8. What does Tatyana remember Anna Karenina noticing about her husbands ears?
(a) How perfect they were.
(b) How small they were.
(c) How curved they were.
(d) How large they were.
9. How does David say he measures each day?
(a) By smiles.
(b) By coats.
(c) By breaks.
(d) By hours.
10. When does Goldy tell Nathan that most people will send them wedding presents?
(a) The day of the wedding.
(b) Before the wedding.
(c) On their first anniversary.
(d) After the wedding.
11. What street is the focus point of "A Ghetto Wedding"?
(a) Lake Street.
(b) Grand Lake Street.
(c) Lake Grand Street.
(d) Grand Street.
12. How many invitations do Nathan and Goldy send out for their wedding?
(a) Over one hundred.
(b) Over two hundred.
(c) About seventy-five
(d) Less than fifty.
13. What does Beile do when Mrs. Lipman threatens her about going to the store?
(a) She cries.
(b) She asks David for help.
(c) She ignores her.
(d) She immediately leaves.
14. How does Goldy describe her wedding during the ceremony?
(a) A party.
(b) A sham.
(c) A waste.
(d) An investment.
15. What reminds Boris of his life with Tatyana?
(a) The house plant.
(b) The night time.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The empty rooms of the apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dalsky do to the atmosphere of Tatyana and Boris' home?
2. What is Boris' initial reaction to Stern's plan?
3. What does David say he considers himself to be?
4. What does Dalsky tell Boris the reason for him moving out is?
5. What does David tell the Avrom's about the Lipman's carpet?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)