|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dalsky do to the atmosphere of Tatyana and Boris' home?
(a) Makes it stressed.
(b) Makes it less lonely.
(c) Makes it pleasant.
(d) Makes it less comfortable.
2. Why does Goldy want to walk home after her wedding?
(a) To save money.
(b) It's tradition.
(c) As punishment.
(d) Because it's romantic.
3. What does Dalsky say the factory has done to Boris?
(a) Made him stronger.
(b) Paid his bills.
(c) Caused him tears.
(d) Eaten him up.
4. What does Beile's mother want Beile to do to Heyman?
(a) Dump him.
(b) Sue him.
(c) Beg him to marry her.
(d) Tease him.
5. What reminds Boris of his life with Tatyana?
(a) The house plant.
(b) The empty rooms of the apartment.
(c) The night time.
(d) The kitchen.
6. How long does it take Heyman to visit Beile after she leaves the shop with David?
(a) One week.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Four days.
(d) Two days.
7. What happens when Boris tells Tatyana his plan in Chapter 5?
(a) She starts to make dinner.
(b) She cries.
(c) She agrees to do whatever he wants.
(d) She doesn't listen.
8. How much rent does Nathan pay upfront for his first apartment with Goldy?
(a) One month.
(b) Two months.
(c) Four months.
(d) Three months.
9. In Chapter 5, how does Boris feel about his job?
(a) He is upset.
(b) He is bored.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is energetic.
10. What does Mrs. Zlate Lipman's cousin do for a living?
(a) He is a businessman.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is a designer.
(d) He is a brick layer.
11. What does Beile do when Mrs. Lipman threatens her about going to the store?
(a) She immediately leaves.
(b) She asks David for help.
(c) She ignores her.
(d) She cries.
12. What does Tatyana read that supports her argument against her husband?
(a) A short story.
(b) An advertisement.
(c) A book review.
(d) An editorial.
13. What does Mrs. Avrom think about Beile's appearance as she leaves the shop?
(a) She thinks Beile looks angry.
(b) She thinks Beile looks like a lady.
(c) She thinks Beile looks older than she is.
(d) She thinks Beile looks sad.
14. What does Meyer complain about when it comes to his co-workers?
15. What does David say Beile must do for him to find her a better job?
(a) Write her resume.
(b) Pay him a commission.
(c) Promise to go to the store for Mrs. Lipman.
(d) Come with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Beile fear Heyman may not be able to support a wife?
2. What does David tell the Avrom's about the Lipman's carpet?
3. How does Tatyana say she would feel if Dalsky knew about her feelings?
4. How does Nathan respond to Goldy's plan for a nice wedding and expensive gifts?
5. What is Dalsky studying?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)