|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boris do at the end of "Circumstances"?
(b) Leave to find Tatyana.
(c) Move away.
(d) Take in a border.
2. What does Boris say his plan to get out of the factory relies on?
(a) His boss' son.
3. How long does it take Heyman to visit Beile after she leaves the shop with David?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two days.
(c) One week.
(d) Four days.
4. How are the Lipmans' workers paid?
(a) By piece.
5. What does Dalsky tell Boris the reason for him moving out is?
(a) His family.
6. Why does Goldy interrupt Nathan at work?
(a) She needs to borrow money.
(b) She misses him.
(c) She has an idea.
(d) She wants to get married right away.
7. Where does Leizer Lipman run his shop?
(a) From a garage.
(b) Out of his house.
(c) Above a diner.
(d) From the trunk of his car.
8. Why does Tatyana decide not to return to Boris?
(a) She is embarrassed.
(b) The memory of Dalsky.
(c) She loves her new job.
(d) The weather.
9. What does David say he considers himself to be?
(a) An odd fellow.
(b) A hard worker.
(c) A scholar.
(d) A mystery.
10. What street is the focus point of "A Ghetto Wedding"?
(a) Lake Street.
(b) Grand Lake Street.
(c) Grand Street.
(d) Lake Grand Street.
11. What worries Goldy most about her wedding?
(a) Being poor after.
(b) Being ridiculed.
(c) Being left at the alter.
(d) Falling out of love with Nathan.
12. When does Goldy tell Nathan that most people will send them wedding presents?
(a) After the wedding.
(b) Before the wedding.
(c) The day of the wedding.
(d) On their first anniversary.
13. What room is Goldy's bedroom in?
(a) A kitchen.
(b) A parlor.
(c) A dining room.
(d) A children's play room.
14. Why doesn't Tatyana want Boris to read "Russian Thought"?
(a) She wants to spend time with him.
(b) She doesn't want to have a conversation about the book.
(c) She knows it will make him mad.
(d) She wants to give it to him as a gift.
15. Why does Goldy hear voices in the walls in her new apartment?
(a) Because Nathan told her it was haunted.
(b) Because the rooms are empty.
(c) Because she is dreaming.
(d) Because the neighbors are loud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What school did Boris attend before marrying Tatyana?
2. Why does Tatyana consider returning to Boris?
3. How many rooms are in the apartment Nathan pays for?
4. Why does Goldy want to walk home after her wedding?
5. What does Goldy tell Nathan she expects as gifts from her wedding guests?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)