|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Goldy hear voices in the walls in her new apartment?
(a) Because Nathan told her it was haunted.
(b) Because she is dreaming.
(c) Because the rooms are empty.
(d) Because the neighbors are loud.
2. How does David feel about Beile?
(a) He thinks she deserves a better job.
(b) He thinks she looks sweet.
(c) He thinks she looks tired all the time.
(d) He thinks she is uneducated.
3. How many rooms are in the apartment Nathan pays for?
4. How does Nathan respond to Goldy's plan for a nice wedding and expensive gifts?
(a) He disagrees.
(b) He agrees.
(c) He says he has to think about.
(d) He ignores it.
5. What does Mr. Lipman tell Reb Avrom about America?
(a) How they eat well.
(b) How they dress.
(c) How they spend money.
(d) How they tailor.
6. What does David tell the Avrom's about the Lipman's carpet?
(a) That it's dirty.
(b) That it's fake.
(c) That it's been bought with credit.
(d) That it was bought used.
7. What worries Goldy most about her wedding?
(a) Being left at the alter.
(b) Being ridiculed.
(c) Being poor after.
(d) Falling out of love with Nathan.
8. How many invitations do Nathan and Goldy send out for their wedding?
(a) About seventy-five
(b) Over two hundred.
(c) Less than fifty.
(d) Over one hundred.
9. What reminds Boris of his life with Tatyana?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The night time.
(c) The empty rooms of the apartment.
(d) The house plant.
10. What reminds Tatyana of Dalsky after he moves out?
(a) His plant.
(b) His textbook.
(c) His room.
(d) Her books.
11. How does David say he measures each day?
(a) By breaks.
(b) By hours.
(c) By smiles.
(d) By coats.
12. How does Nathan earn extra money?
(a) He works as a servant.
(b) He cleans shoes.
(c) He steals.
(d) He peddles.
13. What does David say about Mrs. Lipman's request for Beile to go to the store?
(a) He says she should keep sewing.
(b) He says she should buy something for herself, too.
(c) He says she should go.
(d) He says she should quit her job.
14. How are the Lipmans' workers paid?
(d) By piece.
15. What does Heyman say about proposing marriage to Beile?
(a) He wants her to propose to him.
(b) He says he'll propose when he makes more money.
(c) He proposes to her in a joking way.
(d) He has not proposed to her yet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who mocks Goldy and Nathan after their wedding?
2. When does Goldy faint at her wedding?
3. Why does Goldy interrupt Nathan at work?
4. What street is the apartment Nathan pays for on?
5. When does David tell the Lipman's to have his and Beile's pay ready?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)