|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David say he considers himself to be?
(a) A scholar.
(b) An odd fellow.
(c) A hard worker.
(d) A mystery.
2. How does Nathan earn extra money?
(a) He peddles.
(b) He cleans shoes.
(c) He steals.
(d) He works as a servant.
3. What street is the apartment Nathan pays for on?
(a) Cherry Street.
(b) Strawberry Street.
(c) Apple Street.
(d) Pear Street.
4. What wedding gift arrives at Goldy's apartment and disappoints her?
(a) A folding table.
(b) A lamp.
(c) A rocking chair.
(d) A rug.
5. How do Goldy and Nathan feel as they walk home after their wedding?
6. Why does Mrs. Lipman send Beile to the store?
(a) For a dress.
(b) For soda.
(c) For lunch.
(d) For a newspaper.
7. In her note to Boris, how does Tatyana say she will support herself?
(a) With her savings.
(b) With money from Boris.
(c) With money from Dalsky.
(d) With a job.
8. How much rent does Nathan pay upfront for his first apartment with Goldy?
(a) Two months.
(b) Three months.
(c) Four months.
(d) One month.
9. What does Meyer complain about when it comes to his co-workers?
10. What street is the focus point of "A Ghetto Wedding"?
(a) Grand Street.
(b) Lake Street.
(c) Grand Lake Street.
(d) Lake Grand Street.
11. What does Dalsky do to the atmosphere of Tatyana and Boris' home?
(a) Makes it stressed.
(b) Makes it less lonely.
(c) Makes it less comfortable.
(d) Makes it pleasant.
12. What does Goldy tell Nathan she expects as gifts from her wedding guests?
(b) The latest clothing.
(d) New kitchen appliances.
13. Why is Beile upset about being sent to the store?
(a) Because she doesn't want to leave Heyman.
(b) Because of Mrs. Lipman's tone.
(c) Because she won't be getting paid.
(d) Because the errand is beneath her.
14. Who does Nathan want to borrow money from after his wedding?
(a) The rabbi.
(b) His father.
(c) A friend.
15. What is Dalsky studying?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beile do when Mrs. Lipman threatens her about going to the store?
2. What does David say about Mrs. Lipman's request for Beile to go to the store?
3. Why does Tatyana decide not to return to Boris?
4. When does Dalsky say Stern has a scheme planned?
5. How long does the dancing before the ceremony take place in "A Ghetto Wedding"?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)