|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tatyana read that supports her argument against her husband?
(a) An editorial.
(b) A short story.
(c) A book review.
(d) An advertisement.
2. What makes Dalsky think Tatyana may have an interest in him?
(a) Because she cooks for him.
(b) Because she fights with Boris.
(c) Because she told him.
(d) Because she shares her feelings with him.
3. What does Tatyana remember Anna Karenina noticing about her husbands ears?
(a) How perfect they were.
(b) How small they were.
(c) How curved they were.
(d) How large they were.
4. What street is the apartment Nathan pays for on?
(a) Strawberry Street.
(b) Cherry Street.
(c) Pear Street.
(d) Apple Street.
5. How does Nathan respond to Goldy's plan for a nice wedding and expensive gifts?
(a) He disagrees.
(b) He agrees.
(c) He ignores it.
(d) He says he has to think about.
6. What type of wedding does Nathan want?
(c) He wants to elope.
7. What does Mrs. Avrom think about Beile's appearance as she leaves the shop?
(a) She thinks Beile looks sad.
(b) She thinks Beile looks like a lady.
(c) She thinks Beile looks angry.
(d) She thinks Beile looks older than she is.
8. What does Mr. Lipman tell Reb Avrom about America?
(a) How they eat well.
(b) How they spend money.
(c) How they tailor.
(d) How they dress.
9. Who mocks Goldy and Nathan after their wedding?
(a) A street gang.
(b) The barb.
(c) The rabbi.
(d) Their wedding guests.
10. What happens when Boris tells Tatyana his plan in Chapter 5?
(a) She agrees to do whatever he wants.
(b) She cries.
(c) She starts to make dinner.
(d) She doesn't listen.
11. What wedding gift arrives at Goldy's apartment and disappoints her?
(a) A rocking chair.
(b) A folding table.
(c) A lamp.
(d) A rug.
12. Why do Nathan and Goldy keep postponing their wedding?
(a) Nathan's family isn't in the United States yet.
(b) Nathan isn't sure he wants to marry Goldy.
(c) For financial reasons.
(d) Goldy isn't sure she wants to marry Nathan.
13. What worries Goldy most about her wedding?
(a) Falling out of love with Nathan.
(b) Being ridiculed.
(c) Being left at the alter.
(d) Being poor after.
14. How does Goldy describe her wedding during the ceremony?
(a) A sham.
(b) A waste.
(c) A party.
(d) An investment.
15. Why does Boris want to take in a boarder?
(a) Because Tatyana is lonely.
(b) Because his cousin needs a place to stay.
(c) Because their rent is expensive.
(d) Because he wants to run his own business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What street is the focus point of "A Ghetto Wedding"?
2. What floor is the apartment Nathan pays for on?
3. What does Goldy tell Nathan she expects as gifts from her wedding guests?
4. What does David wonder about Beile's work?
5. What does David say about Mrs. Lipman's request for Beile to go to the store?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)