|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nathan want to borrow money from after his wedding?
(b) A friend.
(c) His father.
(d) The rabbi.
2. What worries Goldy most about her wedding?
(a) Being left at the alter.
(b) Being ridiculed.
(c) Falling out of love with Nathan.
(d) Being poor after.
3. When does Dalsky say Stern has a scheme planned?
(a) For May Day.
(b) For Christmas.
(c) For New Year's Eve.
(d) For Passover.
4. What does Dalsky do to the atmosphere of Tatyana and Boris' home?
(a) Makes it pleasant.
(b) Makes it stressed.
(c) Makes it less comfortable.
(d) Makes it less lonely.
5. What does Beile do when Mrs. Lipman threatens her about going to the store?
(a) She ignores her.
(b) She immediately leaves.
(c) She cries.
(d) She asks David for help.
6. What does David tell the Avrom's about the Lipman's carpet?
(a) That it's been bought with credit.
(b) That it was bought used.
(c) That it's fake.
(d) That it's dirty.
7. Why does Tatyana decide not to return to Boris?
(a) The memory of Dalsky.
(b) She loves her new job.
(c) The weather.
(d) She is embarrassed.
8. Why is Beile upset about being sent to the store?
(a) Because she won't be getting paid.
(b) Because the errand is beneath her.
(c) Because she doesn't want to leave Heyman.
(d) Because of Mrs. Lipman's tone.
9. Where are Basse and Reb Avrom from?
(a) New York City.
(b) Mrs. Lipman's birthplace.
(c) Meyer's birthplace.
10. In her note to Boris, how does Tatyana say she will support herself?
(a) With money from Boris.
(b) With her savings.
(c) With money from Dalsky.
(d) With a job.
11. What does Dalsky say the factory has done to Boris?
(a) Paid his bills.
(b) Caused him tears.
(c) Made him stronger.
(d) Eaten him up.
12. Why does Goldy interrupt Nathan at work?
(a) She has an idea.
(b) She needs to borrow money.
(c) She wants to get married right away.
(d) She misses him.
13. How does Tatyana realize she is in love with Dalsky?
(a) Because Dalsky makes her nervous.
(b) Because she compares Dalsky and Boris.
(c) Because she takes better care of Dalsky.
(d) Because she stays up late thinking about Dalsky.
14. What school did Boris attend before marrying Tatyana?
(a) Medical school.
(b) Law school.
(c) Business school.
(d) Teaching school.
15. In "A Ghetto Wedding," what wedding presents does the narrator say usually arrive before the wedding?
(a) The most expensive presents.
(b) The larger presents.
(c) Presents from family out of town.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Heyman say he will settle the matter of an engagement with Beile?
2. What does Boris say his plan to get out of the factory relies on?
3. What wedding gift arrives at Goldy's apartment and disappoints her?
4. When does Goldy faint at her wedding?
5. How does Goldy describe her wedding during the ceremony?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)