|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dalsky tell Boris the reason for him moving out is?
(c) His family.
2. What does David tell the Avrom's about the Lipman's carpet?
(a) That it's fake.
(b) That it's been bought with credit.
(c) That it was bought used.
(d) That it's dirty.
3. What street is the focus point of "A Ghetto Wedding"?
(a) Grand Street.
(b) Lake Street.
(c) Lake Grand Street.
(d) Grand Lake Street.
4. What does David say about Mrs. Lipman's request for Beile to go to the store?
(a) He says she should go.
(b) He says she should quit her job.
(c) He says she should keep sewing.
(d) He says she should buy something for herself, too.
5. What does Heyman say about proposing marriage to Beile?
(a) He proposes to her in a joking way.
(b) He wants her to propose to him.
(c) He says he'll propose when he makes more money.
(d) He has not proposed to her yet.
6. Where are Basse and Reb Avrom from?
(a) Mrs. Lipman's birthplace.
(b) New York City.
(c) Meyer's birthplace.
7. In Chapter 5, how does Boris feel about his job?
(a) He is bored.
(b) He is energetic.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is upset.
8. How are the Lipmans' workers paid?
(d) By piece.
9. How does David feel about Beile?
(a) He thinks she looks tired all the time.
(b) He thinks she looks sweet.
(c) He thinks she deserves a better job.
(d) He thinks she is uneducated.
10. Why do Boris and Tatyana move to New York?
(a) Because Boris can't get into the bar.
(b) Becaues Tatyana has no job prospects.
(c) Because they have free tickets.
(d) Because they can make more money there.
11. How does Nathan want to go home after the wedding reception?
(a) By foot.
(b) On a horse.
(c) In a train.
(d) In a carriage.
12. Why does Goldy take time off of work a week before the wedding?
(a) To make sure all the details are in place.
(b) To rest.
(c) To get her dress fitted.
(d) To wait for presents.
13. In "A Ghetto Wedding," what wedding presents does the narrator say usually arrive before the wedding?
(a) Presents from family out of town.
(c) The larger presents.
(d) The most expensive presents.
14. Why does Goldy interrupt Nathan at work?
(a) She misses him.
(b) She wants to get married right away.
(c) She has an idea.
(d) She needs to borrow money.
15. What does Tatyana suggest she and Boris do in a note?
(a) Have Dalsky move back in.
(b) Separate for a short time.
(c) Start over.
(d) Leave New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of wedding does Nathan want?
2. How many rooms are in the apartment Nathan pays for?
3. Why does Beile decide she hates Heyman?
4. What does Tatyana read that supports her argument against her husband?
5. Why does Tatyana decide not to return to Boris?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)