|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Goldy want to walk home after her wedding?
(a) To save money.
(b) It's tradition.
(c) Because it's romantic.
(d) As punishment.
2. What does Tatyana suggest she and Boris do in a note?
(a) Start over.
(b) Have Dalsky move back in.
(c) Leave New York.
(d) Separate for a short time.
3. What makes Dalsky think Tatyana may have an interest in him?
(a) Because she shares her feelings with him.
(b) Because she told him.
(c) Because she cooks for him.
(d) Because she fights with Boris.
4. How are the Lipmans' workers paid?
(c) By piece.
5. What does Tatyana remember Anna Karenina noticing about her husbands ears?
(a) How perfect they were.
(b) How large they were.
(c) How small they were.
(d) How curved they were.
6. What type of wedding does Nathan want?
(c) He wants to elope.
7. Why does Heyman turn around once he finally goes to Beile's after she leaves the shop with David?
(a) He hears an engagement party.
(b) He is late for work.
(c) He hears someone call his name.
(d) He decides it's officially over between them.
8. Why do Boris and Tatyana move to New York?
(a) Because they can make more money there.
(b) Because Boris can't get into the bar.
(c) Becaues Tatyana has no job prospects.
(d) Because they have free tickets.
9. What money does Goldy think can provide her with a nice wedding and furniture?
(a) Her savings.
(b) Her parent's money.
(c) Nathan's earnings.
(d) Lottery winnings.
10. What reminds Boris of his life with Tatyana?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The empty rooms of the apartment.
(c) The house plant.
(d) The night time.
11. What does Beile do when Mrs. Lipman threatens her about going to the store?
(a) She cries.
(b) She immediately leaves.
(c) She ignores her.
(d) She asks David for help.
12. What does Dalsky do to the atmosphere of Tatyana and Boris' home?
(a) Makes it less comfortable.
(b) Makes it stressed.
(c) Makes it less lonely.
(d) Makes it pleasant.
13. Why does Tatyana consider returning to Boris?
(a) Her money is running out.
(b) She misses having a partner.
(c) She realizes she is still in love with him.
(d) Her living conditions are terrible.
14. How long does it take Heyman to visit Beile after she leaves the shop with David?
(a) One week.
(b) Two days.
(c) Four days.
(d) Two weeks.
15. Why does Goldy hear voices in the walls in her new apartment?
(a) Because the rooms are empty.
(b) Because she is dreaming.
(c) Because the neighbors are loud.
(d) Because Nathan told her it was haunted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Heyman wait to visit Beile after she leaves the shop with David?
2. In her note to Boris, how does Tatyana say she will support herself?
3. How much rent does Nathan pay upfront for his first apartment with Goldy?
4. What does Boris say his plan to get out of the factory relies on?
5. Why does Boris want to take in a boarder?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)