|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Meyer complain about when it comes to his co-workers?
2. Why does Heyman wait to visit Beile after she leaves the shop with David?
(a) He is sick.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is frightened.
(d) He is mad at her.
3. What does Mr. Lipman tell Reb Avrom about America?
(a) How they dress.
(b) How they spend money.
(c) How they eat well.
(d) How they tailor.
4. When does Goldy tell Nathan that most people will send them wedding presents?
(a) Before the wedding.
(b) On their first anniversary.
(c) After the wedding.
(d) The day of the wedding.
5. When does Goldy faint at her wedding?
(a) When no guests show up.
(b) When the barb addresses her.
(c) After she eats dinner.
(d) Before dancing.
6. Why does Tatyana decide to write Boris a note?
(a) To tell him the truth.
(b) To make sure she says everything.
(c) Because he isn't home.
(d) Because she writes well.
7. Why does Boris want to take in a boarder?
(a) Because their rent is expensive.
(b) Because he wants to run his own business.
(c) Because his cousin needs a place to stay.
(d) Because Tatyana is lonely.
8. What does Boris say his plan to get out of the factory relies on?
(c) His boss' son.
9. Why is Beile upset about being sent to the store?
(a) Because of Mrs. Lipman's tone.
(b) Because she doesn't want to leave Heyman.
(c) Because the errand is beneath her.
(d) Because she won't be getting paid.
10. What does David say Beile must do for him to find her a better job?
(a) Promise to go to the store for Mrs. Lipman.
(b) Come with him.
(c) Pay him a commission.
(d) Write her resume.
11. How does Nathan earn extra money?
(a) He cleans shoes.
(b) He works as a servant.
(c) He peddles.
(d) He steals.
12. What does David wonder about Beile's work?
(a) If she'll get a raise.
(b) If she'll be promoted.
(c) If she'll quit.
(d) If she'll lose hours.
13. How does Tatyana feel about Boris' appearance after he has been working at the factory for several months?
(a) She is impressed with it.
(b) She is confused by it.
(c) She is saddened by it.
(d) She is disgusted by it.
14. When does Dalsky say Stern has a scheme planned?
(a) For Passover.
(b) For May Day.
(c) For Christmas.
(d) For New Year's Eve.
15. Why does Mrs. Lipman send Beile to the store?
(a) For a dress.
(b) For lunch.
(c) For a newspaper.
(d) For soda.
Short Answer Questions
1. In her note to Boris, how does Tatyana say she will support herself?
2. Why does Beile fear Heyman may not be able to support a wife?
3. How do Goldy and Nathan feel as they walk home after their wedding?
4. How does Nathan want to go home after the wedding reception?
5. How are the Lipmans' workers paid?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)