|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Ghetto Wedding," what wedding presents does the narrator say usually arrive before the wedding?
(a) The larger presents.
(b) Presents from family out of town.
(c) The most expensive presents.
2. Why does Beile decide she hates Heyman?
(a) Because he is a coward.
(b) Because of his height.
(c) Because he is a poor worker.
(d) Because he never visited her.
3. Why do the guests dance for a long time before Goldy and Nathan's ceremony?
(a) They are waiting for the food to cook.
(b) They are waiting for more guests to arrive.
(c) They are waiting for Goldy to arrive.
(d) They are waiting for Nathan to arrive.
4. How does Goldy describe her wedding during the ceremony?
(a) A party.
(b) A sham.
(c) A waste.
(d) An investment.
5. How do Goldy and Nathan feel as they walk home after their wedding?
6. Why does Goldy take time off of work a week before the wedding?
(a) To wait for presents.
(b) To make sure all the details are in place.
(c) To get her dress fitted.
(d) To rest.
7. Why does Goldy hear voices in the walls in her new apartment?
(a) Because Nathan told her it was haunted.
(b) Because the rooms are empty.
(c) Because the neighbors are loud.
(d) Because she is dreaming.
8. Why does Mrs. Lipman send Beile to the store?
(a) For a newspaper.
(b) For lunch.
(c) For a dress.
(d) For soda.
9. How many rooms are in the apartment Nathan pays for?
10. What does Beile do when Mrs. Lipman threatens her about going to the store?
(a) She asks David for help.
(b) She ignores her.
(c) She immediately leaves.
(d) She cries.
11. At what type of factory does Boris work?
(a) A pearl button factory.
(b) A steel factory.
(c) A carriage factory.
(d) A tailoring factory.
12. What does David tell the Avrom's about the Lipman's carpet?
(a) That it's been bought with credit.
(b) That it was bought used.
(c) That it's dirty.
(d) That it's fake.
13. What street is the apartment Nathan pays for on?
(a) Apple Street.
(b) Cherry Street.
(c) Pear Street.
(d) Strawberry Street.
14. What does David say Beile must do for him to find her a better job?
(a) Come with him.
(b) Promise to go to the store for Mrs. Lipman.
(c) Write her resume.
(d) Pay him a commission.
15. How does David feel about Beile?
(a) He thinks she looks tired all the time.
(b) He thinks she is uneducated.
(c) He thinks she deserves a better job.
(d) He thinks she looks sweet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reminds Boris of his life with Tatyana?
2. Who does Nathan want to borrow money from after his wedding?
3. When does Dalsky say Stern has a scheme planned?
4. What does Dalsky say the factory has done to Boris?
5. What does Stern's plan include Boris and Tatyana playing?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)