|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what type of factory does Boris work?
(a) A steel factory.
(b) A tailoring factory.
(c) A carriage factory.
(d) A pearl button factory.
2. What reminds Boris of his life with Tatyana?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The house plant.
(c) The night time.
(d) The empty rooms of the apartment.
3. In her note to Boris, how does Tatyana say she will support herself?
(a) With her savings.
(b) With a job.
(c) With money from Dalsky.
(d) With money from Boris.
4. What is Dalsky studying?
5. Why do Nathan and Goldy keep postponing their wedding?
(a) Nathan's family isn't in the United States yet.
(b) Nathan isn't sure he wants to marry Goldy.
(c) Goldy isn't sure she wants to marry Nathan.
(d) For financial reasons.
6. What does Boris do at the end of "Circumstances"?
(a) Leave to find Tatyana.
(b) Move away.
(c) Take in a border.
7. What floor is the apartment Nathan pays for on?
(a) The second.
(b) The fourth.
(c) The first.
(d) The third.
8. What does David say Beile must do for him to find her a better job?
(a) Come with him.
(b) Promise to go to the store for Mrs. Lipman.
(c) Write her resume.
(d) Pay him a commission.
9. What makes Dalsky think Tatyana may have an interest in him?
(a) Because she told him.
(b) Because she cooks for him.
(c) Because she shares her feelings with him.
(d) Because she fights with Boris.
10. What does Meyer complain about when it comes to his co-workers?
11. Who finally tells David and Beile to leave the shop?
(a) Mrs. Avrom.
(b) Mrs. Lipman.
(c) Mr. Lipman.
(d) Mr. Avrom.
12. What does Beile do when Mrs. Lipman threatens her about going to the store?
(a) She cries.
(b) She immediately leaves.
(c) She asks David for help.
(d) She ignores her.
13. What does David say about Mrs. Lipman's request for Beile to go to the store?
(a) He says she should keep sewing.
(b) He says she should go.
(c) He says she should quit her job.
(d) He says she should buy something for herself, too.
14. What reminds Tatyana of Dalsky after he moves out?
(a) Her books.
(b) His textbook.
(c) His plant.
(d) His room.
15. What does Beile's mother want Beile to do to Heyman?
(a) Tease him.
(b) Dump him.
(c) Sue him.
(d) Beg him to marry her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does David tell the Lipman's to have his and Beile's pay ready?
2. How does David feel about Beile?
3. In "A Ghetto Wedding," what wedding presents does the narrator say usually arrive before the wedding?
4. How does David say he measures each day?
5. What does David say he considers himself to be?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)