|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Goldy describe her wedding during the ceremony?
(a) An investment.
(b) A party.
(c) A waste.
(d) A sham.
2. Who finally tells David and Beile to leave the shop?
(a) Mrs. Lipman.
(b) Mr. Lipman.
(c) Mrs. Avrom.
(d) Mr. Avrom.
3. Why does Tatyana decide not to return to Boris?
(a) She loves her new job.
(b) The weather.
(c) She is embarrassed.
(d) The memory of Dalsky.
4. How does Tatyana realize she is in love with Dalsky?
(a) Because she stays up late thinking about Dalsky.
(b) Because she compares Dalsky and Boris.
(c) Because Dalsky makes her nervous.
(d) Because she takes better care of Dalsky.
5. Why do Boris and Tatyana move to New York?
(a) Because Boris can't get into the bar.
(b) Because they can make more money there.
(c) Because they have free tickets.
(d) Becaues Tatyana has no job prospects.
6. Why do the guests dance for a long time before Goldy and Nathan's ceremony?
(a) They are waiting for the food to cook.
(b) They are waiting for more guests to arrive.
(c) They are waiting for Goldy to arrive.
(d) They are waiting for Nathan to arrive.
7. How long does it take Heyman to visit Beile after she leaves the shop with David?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two days.
(c) Four days.
(d) One week.
8. What does Mrs. Lipman show Basse and Reb Avrom when they arrive?
(a) Her jewelry.
(b) Her factory.
(c) Her house.
(d) Her bank account.
9. What does Mr. Lipman tell Reb Avrom about America?
(a) How they eat well.
(b) How they spend money.
(c) How they dress.
(d) How they tailor.
10. How does Nathan earn extra money?
(a) He works as a servant.
(b) He cleans shoes.
(c) He steals.
(d) He peddles.
11. Why doesn't Tatyana want Boris to read "Russian Thought"?
(a) She knows it will make him mad.
(b) She doesn't want to have a conversation about the book.
(c) She wants to spend time with him.
(d) She wants to give it to him as a gift.
12. Why does Goldy hear voices in the walls in her new apartment?
(a) Because Nathan told her it was haunted.
(b) Because she is dreaming.
(c) Because the neighbors are loud.
(d) Because the rooms are empty.
13. How do Goldy and Nathan feel as they walk home after their wedding?
14. How does Nathan want to go home after the wedding reception?
(a) By foot.
(b) In a carriage.
(c) On a horse.
(d) In a train.
15. What does Tatyana remember Anna Karenina noticing about her husbands ears?
(a) How perfect they were.
(b) How small they were.
(c) How curved they were.
(d) How large they were.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Meyer say is like a servant to the Lipmans?
2. Why does Mrs. Lipman send Beile to the store?
3. Who mocks Goldy and Nathan after their wedding?
4. Why does Heyman wait to visit Beile after she leaves the shop with David?
5. When does Goldy faint at her wedding?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)