|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tatyana feel about Boris' appearance after he has been working at the factory for several months?
(a) She is impressed with it.
(b) She is saddened by it.
(c) She is confused by it.
(d) She is disgusted by it.
2. What makes Dalsky think Tatyana may have an interest in him?
(a) Because she cooks for him.
(b) Because she fights with Boris.
(c) Because she told him.
(d) Because she shares her feelings with him.
3. How does Tatyana say she would feel if Dalsky knew about her feelings?
4. What money does Goldy think can provide her with a nice wedding and furniture?
(a) Her savings.
(b) Her parent's money.
(c) Nathan's earnings.
(d) Lottery winnings.
5. What school did Boris attend before marrying Tatyana?
(a) Law school.
(b) Business school.
(c) Medical school.
(d) Teaching school.
6. What reminds Tatyana of Dalsky after he moves out?
(a) His plant.
(b) Her books.
(c) His room.
(d) His textbook.
7. How does David say he measures each day?
(a) By breaks.
(b) By coats.
(c) By hours.
(d) By smiles.
8. How does Nathan respond to Goldy's plan for a nice wedding and expensive gifts?
(a) He ignores it.
(b) He agrees.
(c) He disagrees.
(d) He says he has to think about.
9. What does David say about Mrs. Lipman's request for Beile to go to the store?
(a) He says she should quit her job.
(b) He says she should go.
(c) He says she should buy something for herself, too.
(d) He says she should keep sewing.
10. What room is Goldy's bedroom in?
(a) A parlor.
(b) A dining room.
(c) A kitchen.
(d) A children's play room.
11. Why do Nathan and Goldy keep postponing their wedding?
(a) Nathan isn't sure he wants to marry Goldy.
(b) Goldy isn't sure she wants to marry Nathan.
(c) For financial reasons.
(d) Nathan's family isn't in the United States yet.
12. In Chapter 5, how does Boris feel about his job?
(a) He is energetic.
(b) He is upset.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He is angry.
13. What does Meyer complain about when it comes to his co-workers?
14. When does Heyman say he will settle the matter of an engagement with Beile?
(a) By the end of the week.
(b) By the end of the summer.
(c) After his next paycheck.
(d) He puts it off day after day.
15. What does Heyman say about proposing marriage to Beile?
(a) He has not proposed to her yet.
(b) He proposes to her in a joking way.
(c) He wants her to propose to him.
(d) He says he'll propose when he makes more money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Beile upset about being sent to the store?
2. How long does it take Heyman to visit Beile after she leaves the shop with David?
3. What does Tatyana read that supports her argument against her husband?
4. What does Tatyana suggest she and Boris do in a note?
5. When does Goldy tell Nathan that most people will send them wedding presents?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)