|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of wedding does Nathan want?
(c) He wants to elope.
2. What does Goldy tell Nathan she expects as gifts from her wedding guests?
(a) The latest clothing.
(c) New kitchen appliances.
3. What school did Boris attend before marrying Tatyana?
(a) Teaching school.
(b) Business school.
(c) Medical school.
(d) Law school.
4. What does Tatyana read that supports her argument against her husband?
(a) An advertisement.
(b) A book review.
(c) An editorial.
(d) A short story.
5. What does Beile's mother want Beile to do to Heyman?
(a) Sue him.
(b) Dump him.
(c) Tease him.
(d) Beg him to marry her.
6. What does Tatyana remember Anna Karenina noticing about her husbands ears?
(a) How curved they were.
(b) How large they were.
(c) How small they were.
(d) How perfect they were.
7. Why is Beile upset about being sent to the store?
(a) Because she doesn't want to leave Heyman.
(b) Because the errand is beneath her.
(c) Because of Mrs. Lipman's tone.
(d) Because she won't be getting paid.
8. What does Heyman say about proposing marriage to Beile?
(a) He proposes to her in a joking way.
(b) He has not proposed to her yet.
(c) He says he'll propose when he makes more money.
(d) He wants her to propose to him.
9. Where are Basse and Reb Avrom from?
(b) New York City.
(c) Mrs. Lipman's birthplace.
(d) Meyer's birthplace.
10. How much rent does Nathan pay upfront for his first apartment with Goldy?
(a) Four months.
(b) One month.
(c) Three months.
(d) Two months.
11. Who does Meyer say is like a servant to the Lipmans?
12. Why does Heyman turn around once he finally goes to Beile's after she leaves the shop with David?
(a) He hears an engagement party.
(b) He is late for work.
(c) He hears someone call his name.
(d) He decides it's officially over between them.
13. How many rooms are in the apartment Nathan pays for?
14. How does Nathan earn extra money?
(a) He steals.
(b) He works as a servant.
(c) He cleans shoes.
(d) He peddles.
15. When does Heyman say he will settle the matter of an engagement with Beile?
(a) By the end of the summer.
(b) He puts it off day after day.
(c) After his next paycheck.
(d) By the end of the week.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nathan want to go home after the wedding reception?
2. In Chapter 5, how does Boris feel about his job?
3. What reminds Tatyana of Dalsky after he moves out?
4. What room is Goldy's bedroom in?
5. How does Nathan respond to Goldy's plan for a nice wedding and expensive gifts?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)