|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Goldy tell Nathan that most people will send them wedding presents?
(a) Before the wedding.
(b) The day of the wedding.
(c) After the wedding.
(d) On their first anniversary.
2. When does David tell the Lipman's to have his and Beile's pay ready?
3. What does Stern's plan include Boris and Tatyana playing?
(a) The piano.
4. Why does Goldy take time off of work a week before the wedding?
(a) To make sure all the details are in place.
(b) To get her dress fitted.
(c) To wait for presents.
(d) To rest.
5. Why does Beile decide she hates Heyman?
(a) Because he never visited her.
(b) Because of his height.
(c) Because he is a coward.
(d) Because he is a poor worker.
6. What is Dalsky studying?
7. What happens when Boris tells Tatyana his plan in Chapter 5?
(a) She cries.
(b) She starts to make dinner.
(c) She doesn't listen.
(d) She agrees to do whatever he wants.
8. What does Mrs. Avrom think about Beile's appearance as she leaves the shop?
(a) She thinks Beile looks older than she is.
(b) She thinks Beile looks angry.
(c) She thinks Beile looks sad.
(d) She thinks Beile looks like a lady.
9. What does Goldy tell Nathan she expects as gifts from her wedding guests?
(a) The latest clothing.
(b) New kitchen appliances.
10. Why does Goldy hear voices in the walls in her new apartment?
(a) Because she is dreaming.
(b) Because Nathan told her it was haunted.
(c) Because the neighbors are loud.
(d) Because the rooms are empty.
11. What does Dalsky say the factory has done to Boris?
(a) Caused him tears.
(b) Paid his bills.
(c) Eaten him up.
(d) Made him stronger.
12. What does Meyer complain about when it comes to his co-workers?
13. What does David wonder about Beile's work?
(a) If she'll be promoted.
(b) If she'll quit.
(c) If she'll lose hours.
(d) If she'll get a raise.
14. How does Tatyana say she would feel if Dalsky knew about her feelings?
15. Who does Meyer say is like a servant to the Lipmans?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Meyer say Beile feels about her love for Heyman?
2. How do Goldy and Nathan feel as they walk home after their wedding?
3. How many invitations do Nathan and Goldy send out for their wedding?
4. What reminds Boris of his life with Tatyana?
5. Why do Nathan and Goldy keep postponing their wedding?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)