|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Beile fear Heyman may not be able to support a wife?
(a) Because she makes more money than he does.
(b) Because he is stingy.
(c) Because he makes poor investments.
(d) Because he gambles.
2. How does Goldy describe her wedding during the ceremony?
(a) A sham.
(b) A party.
(c) A waste.
(d) An investment.
3. What does Stern's plan include Boris and Tatyana playing?
(d) The piano.
4. How many invitations do Nathan and Goldy send out for their wedding?
(a) Less than fifty.
(b) Over two hundred.
(c) About seventy-five
(d) Over one hundred.
5. Why does Goldy take time off of work a week before the wedding?
(a) To rest.
(b) To make sure all the details are in place.
(c) To get her dress fitted.
(d) To wait for presents.
6. What does Meyer complain about when it comes to his co-workers?
7. What street is the focus point of "A Ghetto Wedding"?
(a) Grand Lake Street.
(b) Lake Grand Street.
(c) Lake Street.
(d) Grand Street.
8. Why does Goldy hear voices in the walls in her new apartment?
(a) Because she is dreaming.
(b) Because Nathan told her it was haunted.
(c) Because the rooms are empty.
(d) Because the neighbors are loud.
9. Where does Leizer Lipman run his shop?
(a) From a garage.
(b) Above a diner.
(c) Out of his house.
(d) From the trunk of his car.
10. How does David feel about Beile?
(a) He thinks she looks tired all the time.
(b) He thinks she deserves a better job.
(c) He thinks she is uneducated.
(d) He thinks she looks sweet.
11. Why does Heyman turn around once he finally goes to Beile's after she leaves the shop with David?
(a) He hears an engagement party.
(b) He decides it's officially over between them.
(c) He is late for work.
(d) He hears someone call his name.
12. What type of wedding does Nathan want?
(c) He wants to elope.
13. When does Dalsky say Stern has a scheme planned?
(a) For Passover.
(b) For New Year's Eve.
(c) For May Day.
(d) For Christmas.
14. What does Beile's mother want Beile to do to Heyman?
(a) Sue him.
(b) Beg him to marry her.
(c) Dump him.
(d) Tease him.
15. Why does Goldy interrupt Nathan at work?
(a) She misses him.
(b) She wants to get married right away.
(c) She needs to borrow money.
(d) She has an idea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Basse and Reb Avrom from?
2. What reminds Tatyana of Dalsky after he moves out?
3. Why does Boris want to take in a boarder?
4. Why doesn't Tatyana want Boris to read "Russian Thought"?
5. What does Heyman say about proposing marriage to Beile?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)