|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Goldy want to walk home after her wedding?
(a) Because it's romantic.
(b) As punishment.
(c) To save money.
(d) It's tradition.
2. Why does Goldy hear voices in the walls in her new apartment?
(a) Because the rooms are empty.
(b) Because she is dreaming.
(c) Because Nathan told her it was haunted.
(d) Because the neighbors are loud.
3. What does Mrs. Zlate Lipman's cousin do for a living?
(a) He is a businessman.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is a brick layer.
(d) He is a designer.
4. What does Mrs. Lipman show Basse and Reb Avrom when they arrive?
(a) Her factory.
(b) Her jewelry.
(c) Her bank account.
(d) Her house.
5. What does Mrs. Avrom think about Beile's appearance as she leaves the shop?
(a) She thinks Beile looks angry.
(b) She thinks Beile looks older than she is.
(c) She thinks Beile looks like a lady.
(d) She thinks Beile looks sad.
6. How does Nathan earn extra money?
(a) He steals.
(b) He works as a servant.
(c) He cleans shoes.
(d) He peddles.
7. What does Mr. Lipman tell Reb Avrom about America?
(a) How they spend money.
(b) How they dress.
(c) How they tailor.
(d) How they eat well.
8. Why does Heyman wait to visit Beile after she leaves the shop with David?
(a) He is mad at her.
(b) He is sick.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is frightened.
9. What does Boris say his plan to get out of the factory relies on?
(a) His boss' son.
10. Why do Boris and Tatyana move to New York?
(a) Because they have free tickets.
(b) Becaues Tatyana has no job prospects.
(c) Because Boris can't get into the bar.
(d) Because they can make more money there.
11. In her note to Boris, how does Tatyana say she will support herself?
(a) With money from Boris.
(b) With her savings.
(c) With a job.
(d) With money from Dalsky.
12. What does David say about Mrs. Lipman's request for Beile to go to the store?
(a) He says she should buy something for herself, too.
(b) He says she should go.
(c) He says she should keep sewing.
(d) He says she should quit her job.
13. When does David tell the Lipman's to have his and Beile's pay ready?
14. Where are Basse and Reb Avrom from?
(a) New York City.
(b) Meyer's birthplace.
(d) Mrs. Lipman's birthplace.
15. What does David say he considers himself to be?
(a) A mystery.
(b) A hard worker.
(c) An odd fellow.
(d) A scholar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who mocks Goldy and Nathan after their wedding?
2. Why does Tatyana consider returning to Boris?
3. What is Dalsky studying?
4. How does Tatyana feel about Boris' appearance after he has been working at the factory for several months?
5. How much rent does Nathan pay upfront for his first apartment with Goldy?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)