|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beile's mother want Beile to do to Heyman?
(a) Beg him to marry her.
(b) Dump him.
(c) Sue him.
(d) Tease him.
2. What reminds Tatyana of Dalsky after he moves out?
(a) His plant.
(b) His textbook.
(c) His room.
(d) Her books.
3. How are the Lipmans' workers paid?
(d) By piece.
4. What makes Dalsky think Tatyana may have an interest in him?
(a) Because she cooks for him.
(b) Because she shares her feelings with him.
(c) Because she fights with Boris.
(d) Because she told him.
5. What money does Goldy think can provide her with a nice wedding and furniture?
(a) Nathan's earnings.
(b) Her parent's money.
(c) Her savings.
(d) Lottery winnings.
6. Why do Boris and Tatyana move to New York?
(a) Becaues Tatyana has no job prospects.
(b) Because they can make more money there.
(c) Because they have free tickets.
(d) Because Boris can't get into the bar.
7. What does Stern's plan include Boris and Tatyana playing?
(b) The piano.
8. What happens when Boris tells Tatyana his plan in Chapter 5?
(a) She cries.
(b) She doesn't listen.
(c) She starts to make dinner.
(d) She agrees to do whatever he wants.
9. What is Dalsky studying?
10. How does Goldy describe her wedding during the ceremony?
(a) A party.
(b) A waste.
(c) A sham.
(d) An investment.
11. When does Goldy faint at her wedding?
(a) Before dancing.
(b) When the barb addresses her.
(c) After she eats dinner.
(d) When no guests show up.
12. How does David feel about Beile?
(a) He thinks she looks sweet.
(b) He thinks she looks tired all the time.
(c) He thinks she deserves a better job.
(d) He thinks she is uneducated.
13. Why does Goldy hear voices in the walls in her new apartment?
(a) Because Nathan told her it was haunted.
(b) Because the neighbors are loud.
(c) Because the rooms are empty.
(d) Because she is dreaming.
14. Where does Leizer Lipman run his shop?
(a) From the trunk of his car.
(b) Out of his house.
(c) Above a diner.
(d) From a garage.
15. What does Mr. Lipman tell Reb Avrom about America?
(a) How they eat well.
(b) How they dress.
(c) How they tailor.
(d) How they spend money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Avrom think about Beile's appearance as she leaves the shop?
2. How long does the dancing before the ceremony take place in "A Ghetto Wedding"?
3. What does David tell the Avrom's about the Lipman's carpet?
4. What does Goldy tell Nathan she expects as gifts from her wedding guests?
5. Who does Goldy blame for her lack of furniture?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)