|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Avrom think about Beile's appearance as she leaves the shop?
(a) She thinks Beile looks like a lady.
(b) She thinks Beile looks older than she is.
(c) She thinks Beile looks sad.
(d) She thinks Beile looks angry.
2. Why does Heyman wait to visit Beile after she leaves the shop with David?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is frightened.
(c) He is sick.
(d) He is mad at her.
3. What does Mrs. Zlate Lipman's cousin do for a living?
(a) He is a lawyer.
(b) He is a designer.
(c) He is a businessman.
(d) He is a brick layer.
4. What does Mrs. Lipman show Basse and Reb Avrom when they arrive?
(a) Her jewelry.
(b) Her house.
(c) Her factory.
(d) Her bank account.
5. In her note to Boris, how does Tatyana say she will support herself?
(a) With money from Boris.
(b) With money from Dalsky.
(c) With her savings.
(d) With a job.
6. Why does Beile decide she hates Heyman?
(a) Because he is a coward.
(b) Because he never visited her.
(c) Because of his height.
(d) Because he is a poor worker.
7. Why does Tatyana decide to write Boris a note?
(a) Because she writes well.
(b) Because he isn't home.
(c) To tell him the truth.
(d) To make sure she says everything.
8. What school did Boris attend before marrying Tatyana?
(a) Business school.
(b) Law school.
(c) Medical school.
(d) Teaching school.
9. What does David say he considers himself to be?
(a) A scholar.
(b) A mystery.
(c) A hard worker.
(d) An odd fellow.
10. What money does Goldy think can provide her with a nice wedding and furniture?
(a) Lottery winnings.
(b) Her parent's money.
(c) Her savings.
(d) Nathan's earnings.
11. How does David say he measures each day?
(a) By breaks.
(b) By coats.
(c) By hours.
(d) By smiles.
12. How does Nathan earn extra money?
(a) He works as a servant.
(b) He cleans shoes.
(c) He peddles.
(d) He steals.
13. How are the Lipmans' workers paid?
(a) By piece.
14. What does Heyman say about proposing marriage to Beile?
(a) He says he'll propose when he makes more money.
(b) He proposes to her in a joking way.
(c) He has not proposed to her yet.
(d) He wants her to propose to him.
15. What does Dalsky do to the atmosphere of Tatyana and Boris' home?
(a) Makes it less comfortable.
(b) Makes it stressed.
(c) Makes it less lonely.
(d) Makes it pleasant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many invitations do Nathan and Goldy send out for their wedding?
2. What does Boris do at the end of "Circumstances"?
3. What does David tell the Avrom's about the Lipman's carpet?
4. What does Tatyana read that supports her argument against her husband?
5. Who finally tells David and Beile to leave the shop?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)