|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What floor is the apartment Nathan pays for on?
(a) The second.
(b) The fourth.
(c) The third.
(d) The first.
2. Why does Tatyana consider returning to Boris?
(a) Her living conditions are terrible.
(b) She realizes she is still in love with him.
(c) Her money is running out.
(d) She misses having a partner.
3. What room is Goldy's bedroom in?
(a) A kitchen.
(b) A dining room.
(c) A parlor.
(d) A children's play room.
4. What does Dalsky say the factory has done to Boris?
(a) Made him stronger.
(b) Caused him tears.
(c) Eaten him up.
(d) Paid his bills.
5. Why doesn't Tatyana want Boris to read "Russian Thought"?
(a) She doesn't want to have a conversation about the book.
(b) She knows it will make him mad.
(c) She wants to give it to him as a gift.
(d) She wants to spend time with him.
6. Who finally tells David and Beile to leave the shop?
(a) Mrs. Lipman.
(b) Mr. Lipman.
(c) Mr. Avrom.
(d) Mrs. Avrom.
7. Why does Goldy hear voices in the walls in her new apartment?
(a) Because she is dreaming.
(b) Because the neighbors are loud.
(c) Because the rooms are empty.
(d) Because Nathan told her it was haunted.
8. When does Goldy tell Nathan that most people will send them wedding presents?
(a) The day of the wedding.
(b) After the wedding.
(c) On their first anniversary.
(d) Before the wedding.
9. Why does Heyman wait to visit Beile after she leaves the shop with David?
(a) He is sick.
(b) He is frightened.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is mad at her.
10. What does Meyer complain about when it comes to his co-workers?
11. At what type of factory does Boris work?
(a) A carriage factory.
(b) A tailoring factory.
(c) A steel factory.
(d) A pearl button factory.
12. How does Goldy describe her wedding during the ceremony?
(a) A sham.
(b) A waste.
(c) An investment.
(d) A party.
13. How does Nathan earn extra money?
(a) He steals.
(b) He works as a servant.
(c) He peddles.
(d) He cleans shoes.
14. What does Heyman say about proposing marriage to Beile?
(a) He says he'll propose when he makes more money.
(b) He wants her to propose to him.
(c) He has not proposed to her yet.
(d) He proposes to her in a joking way.
15. How long does it take Heyman to visit Beile after she leaves the shop with David?
(a) Two days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) Four days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Avrom think about Beile's appearance as she leaves the shop?
2. When does Dalsky say Stern has a scheme planned?
3. When does Goldy faint at her wedding?
4. When does Heyman say he will settle the matter of an engagement with Beile?
5. In her note to Boris, how does Tatyana say she will support herself?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)