|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David tell the Avrom's about the Lipman's carpet?
(a) That it was bought used.
(b) That it's fake.
(c) That it's been bought with credit.
(d) That it's dirty.
2. What worries Goldy most about her wedding?
(a) Being left at the alter.
(b) Falling out of love with Nathan.
(c) Being ridiculed.
(d) Being poor after.
3. What does Dalsky tell Boris the reason for him moving out is?
(b) His family.
4. What does Mrs. Avrom think about Beile's appearance as she leaves the shop?
(a) She thinks Beile looks angry.
(b) She thinks Beile looks like a lady.
(c) She thinks Beile looks older than she is.
(d) She thinks Beile looks sad.
5. What type of wedding does Nathan want?
(c) He wants to elope.
6. Why do the guests dance for a long time before Goldy and Nathan's ceremony?
(a) They are waiting for Goldy to arrive.
(b) They are waiting for more guests to arrive.
(c) They are waiting for the food to cook.
(d) They are waiting for Nathan to arrive.
7. What wedding gift arrives at Goldy's apartment and disappoints her?
(a) A lamp.
(b) A rocking chair.
(c) A rug.
(d) A folding table.
8. What happens when Boris tells Tatyana his plan in Chapter 5?
(a) She cries.
(b) She doesn't listen.
(c) She starts to make dinner.
(d) She agrees to do whatever he wants.
9. Why does Heyman wait to visit Beile after she leaves the shop with David?
(a) He is mad at her.
(b) He is sick.
(c) He is frightened.
(d) He is confused.
10. How does David feel about Beile?
(a) He thinks she looks tired all the time.
(b) He thinks she deserves a better job.
(c) He thinks she looks sweet.
(d) He thinks she is uneducated.
11. When does Dalsky say Stern has a scheme planned?
(a) For New Year's Eve.
(b) For May Day.
(c) For Passover.
(d) For Christmas.
12. What makes Dalsky think Tatyana may have an interest in him?
(a) Because she shares her feelings with him.
(b) Because she told him.
(c) Because she cooks for him.
(d) Because she fights with Boris.
13. How many rooms are in the apartment Nathan pays for?
14. What does Heyman say about proposing marriage to Beile?
(a) He wants her to propose to him.
(b) He says he'll propose when he makes more money.
(c) He proposes to her in a joking way.
(d) He has not proposed to her yet.
15. Why do Boris and Tatyana move to New York?
(a) Because Boris can't get into the bar.
(b) Because they have free tickets.
(c) Becaues Tatyana has no job prospects.
(d) Because they can make more money there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David wonder about Beile's work?
2. How does Goldy describe her wedding during the ceremony?
3. Why does Boris want to take in a boarder?
4. Why does Goldy want to walk home after her wedding?
5. Why does Goldy take time off of work a week before the wedding?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)