|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Flora in "The Imported Bridegroom"?
2. Where does Flora go when she runs away in Chapter Ten of "The Imported Bridegroom"?
(a) To the courthouse.
(b) To the library.
(c) To the synagogue.
(d) To a church.
3. What does Flora say to Shaya the first time he kisses her?
(a) To please do it again.
(b) To never tell her father.
(c) To leave.
(d) To never do it again.
4. How does Rouvke feel when he sees Hanele for the first time in the United States?
(a) He thinks she has changed.
(b) He thinks she is beautiful.
(c) He thinks she won't fit in.
(d) He thinks she is common looking.
5. What happens when the boss is on a quest for work in "Jake and Yekl"?
(a) The shop goes idle.
(b) The workers quit.
(c) He travels to Europe.
(d) His wife ignores him.
6. How does Jake feel the first time he sees Gitl in the United States?
(a) He is angry at her.
(b) He is ashamed of her.
(c) Hei s overcome with love.
(d) He is confused.
7. How does Mrs. Kohan feel about Rouvke marrying Hanele?
(a) She thinks it is ridiculous.
(b) She thinks it is a good match.
(c) She thinks it will be a disaster.
(d) She thinks it is a dream come true.
8. How does Reb Tzalel feel about Shaya coming to America?
(a) He thinks it's best for his faith.
(b) He feels it will ruin the boy.
(c) He believes Shaya will earn more money.
(d) He refuses to share his opinion.
9. Where does Flora's father announce he will travel after Passover?
(a) His birthplace.
(b) Western Europe.
(c) His father's grave.
(d) Far away from home.
10. What does Jake do when he realizes he can't remember his prayers?
(a) He borrows a prayer book.
(b) He skips praying.
(c) He makes up his own prayers.
(d) He goes to a religious service.
11. What makes Flora agree to become Shaya's sweetheart?
(a) He begins reading gentile books.
(b) Her father offers her money.
(c) He says he will study medicine.
(d) He promises to remain faithful.
12. How does Flora's father feel about her reading novels?
(a) It angers him.
(b) It confuses him.
(c) It makes him proud.
(d) It frustrates him.
13. What does Flora hope her future husband will do for a living?
(a) A writer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A cobbler.
(d) A lawyer.
14. What is Flora reading in Chapter One of "The Imported Bridegroom"?
(a) Little Men.
(b) Little Bitty.
(c) Little Women.
(d) Little Dorrit.
15. What does Flora's father hope her future husband will do for a living?
(a) A builder.
(b) A preacher.
(c) A writer.
(d) A businessman.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Jake and Yekl," how long has it been since Jake last saw his parents?
2. In what sport is Jake most interested?
3. Where does Jake hope to bring his wife and son?
4. Why does Rouvke avoid women when he is first in the United States?
5. How does Getl feel the first time she tries on a corset?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)