Short Answer Questions Key
1. What happens when the boss is on a quest for work in "Jake and Yekl"?
The shop goes idle.
2. What type of Yiddish does Jake speak?
3. In what sport is Jake most interested?
4. How does Mr. Bernstein describe America?
5. How does Jake respond when Fanny asks him about dance class?
He snaps at her.
6. In "Jake and Yekl," how does Jake plan on spending his pay?
Tickets to New York.
7. In "Jake and Yekl," how long has it been since Jake last saw his parents?
8. In "The New York Ghetto," why does Joe want Jake to talk to Mamie?
To convince her to dance.
This section contains 4,422 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)