|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Circumstances.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Flora reading in Chapter One of "The Imported Bridegroom"?
(a) Little Women.
(b) Little Bitty.
(c) Little Men.
(d) Little Dorrit.
2. Why won't Shaya say the "Words of the Law" when the Talmudists ask him?
(a) He doesn't have it memorized.
(b) He refuses to speak in public.
(c) He doesn't want to embarrass Flora.
(d) He doesn't hear their request.
3. What reminds Boris of his life with Tatyana?
(a) The empty rooms of the apartment.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The house plant.
(d) The night time.
4. What does Rouvke threaten to do to Gospodin?
(a) Kidnap Hanele.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Beat him up.
(d) Steal his money.
5. What makes Flora agree to become Shaya's sweetheart?
(a) He begins reading gentile books.
(b) He promises to remain faithful.
(c) Her father offers her money.
(d) He says he will study medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heyman say about proposing marriage to Beile?
2. Why does Flora have Tamara send food to Shaya?
3. Why does Yossele kick Jake after arriving in the United States?
4. Why does Tatyana decide to write Boris a note?
5. What does Shaya secretly study after learning English?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)