|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Providential Match.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What worries Flora most about marrying Shaya?
(a) He may never learn English.
(b) He may go home.
(c) He may become a rabbi.
(d) He isn't tall enough.
2. What do the other peddlers do after Hanele leaves Rouyke for Gospodin?
(a) They ignore him.
(b) They laugh at him.
(c) They offer him their apologies.
(d) They buy him drinks.
3. What does Feive do for a living?
(a) He is a rabbi.
(b) He is a journalist.
(c) He is a banker.
(d) He is a matchmaker.
4. Why does Getl get a kerchief?
(a) To give it to Jake.
(b) To cover her lap.
(c) To dry her tears.
(d) To replace her wig.
5. What does Rouvke's mother think of recent photos of him?
(a) That he looks ridiculous.
(b) That he looks dignified.
(c) That he looks younger.
(d) That he looks like a gentile.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Jake and Yekl," how does Jake plan on spending his pay?
2. How does Mr. Bernstein describe America?
3. Why won't Shaya say the "Words of the Law" when the Talmudists ask him?
4. How does Jake explain Mamie's visit in "A Paterfamilias"?
5. How does Flora's father want to fix her wedding to Shaya?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)