|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Providential Match.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Getl not want to ride in a carriage in the United States?
(a) It frightens her.
(b) She thinks that women aren't allowed.
(c) It is the Sabbath.
(d) There's not enough room for her son.
2. How does Rouvke feel when he sees Hanele for the first time in the United States?
(a) He thinks she won't fit in.
(b) He thinks she is common looking.
(c) He thinks she is beautiful.
(d) He thinks she has changed.
3. Where does Flora's father accuse Shaya of eating pork?
(a) In church.
(b) In synagogue.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) At home.
4. Why does Flora's father tell Tamara he won't take Flora with him on his trip after Passover?
(a) Because she refuses to go.
(b) Because it's his private trip.
(c) Because he doesn't have enough money.
(d) Because she won't fit in.
5. What does Jake do when he sees Fanny sitting by herself at Joe's in "The New York Ghetto"?
(a) He has Joe ask her to dance.
(b) He brings her a drink.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He asks her to dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Getl feel the first time she tries on a corset?
2. What do the other peddlers do after Hanele leaves Rouyke for Gospodin?
3. Who tells Gitl about Jake's relationship with Mamie?
4. In "Jake and Yekl," how does Jake plan on spending his pay?
5. What does Rouvke fear ladies do to men who can't read the newspaper?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)