|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Circumstances.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Fieve write to Peretz on behalf of Rouvke?
(a) He writes better than Rouvke.
(b) He wants Rouvke to borrow money from Peretz.
(c) He believes Rouvke likes Hanele.
(d) He wants Rouvke to help Peretz with money.
2. Why does Shaya ask Flora for help with his English?
(a) Because she knows the current slang.
(b) Because his tutor quit.
(c) Because people can't understand him.
(d) Because he wants to get to know her better.
3. Why doesn't Tatyana want Boris to read "Russian Thought"?
(a) She knows it will make him mad.
(b) She wants to give it to him as a gift.
(c) She doesn't want to have a conversation about the book.
(d) She wants to spend time with him.
4. What does Flora say to Shaya the first time he kisses her?
(a) To never do it again.
(b) To leave.
(c) To never tell her father.
(d) To please do it again.
5. What school did Boris attend before marrying Tatyana?
(a) Medical school.
(b) Law school.
(c) Teaching school.
(d) Business school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flora hope her future husband will do for a living?
2. While in the United States, what does Rouvke learn about Peretz?
3. What does Gospodin agree to pay Rouvke for?
4. Why does Tamara live with Flora's family?
5. What does Boris say his plan to get out of the factory relies on?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)