1. What happens when the boss is on a quest for work in "Jake and Yekl"?
(a) The workers quit.
(b) The shop goes idle.
(c) He travels to Europe.
(d) His wife ignores him.
2. What type of Yiddish does Jake speak?
(c) New York.
3. In what sport is Jake most interested?
4. How does Mr. Bernstein describe America?
5. How does Jake respond when Fanny asks him about dance class?
(a) He walks away.
(b) He cries.
(c) He snaps at her.
(d) He is happy.
6. In "Jake and Yekl," how does Jake plan on spending his pay?
(a) Tickets to New York.
(b) New clothes.
(c) Taking Fanny out.
(d) A car.
7. In "Jake and Yekl," how long has it been since Jake last saw his parents?
(a) Three years.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Four years.
8. In "The New York Ghetto," why does Joe want Jake to talk to Mamie?
(a) To ask her out.
(b) To tease her.
(c) To find out where she is from.
(d) To convince her to dance.
This section contains 4,422 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)