1. What happens when the boss is on a quest for work in "Jake and Yekl"?
(a) The shop goes idle.
(b) He travels to Europe.
(c) His wife ignores him.
(d) The workers quit.
2. What type of Yiddish does Jake speak?
(b) New York.
3. In what sport is Jake most interested?
4. How does Mr. Bernstein describe America?
5. How does Jake respond when Fanny asks him about dance class?
(a) He snaps at her.
(b) He cries.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He walks away.
6. In "Jake and Yekl," how does Jake plan on spending his pay?
(a) New clothes.
(b) Tickets to New York.
(c) Taking Fanny out.
(d) A car.
7. In "Jake and Yekl," how long has it been since Jake last saw his parents?
(a) One year.
(b) Four years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Three years.
8. In "The New York Ghetto," why does Joe want Jake to talk to Mamie?
(a) To find out where she is from.
(b) To convince her to dance.
(c) To tease her.
(d) To ask her out.
This section contains 4,422 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)