Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
* Yekl moves to the United States, changing his name from Yekl to Jake.
* Jake considers bringing his wife and son to the United States.
* Jake has several girlfriends.
* When Jake's wife and son arrive, he becomes embarrassed by their appearance.
* Jake decides to divorce his wife and marry a dancer, Mamie.
* When Jake goes...
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)