Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Forresters do to the Huttos in retaliation for Oliver's wedding to Twink?
2. During what month of the year does Penny begin all his planting for the upcoming harvest?
3. When Ma attempts to shoot Flag, where does she hit him?
4. What crop of the Baxter family is described as "rotting in the ground"?
5. After Christmas, how often do the Forrester brothers ride past the Baxter farm.
Two families play central roles in the novel: the Baxter family and the Forrester family. Briefly describe each family and compare/contrast the way that the two families relate to the woods and nature that they live in.
Throughout the novel, the colorful language of the farmers in both the Baxter and Forrester families comes to life. Choose one farm saying or figure of speech used by one of the characters and explain what it means. Then, explain how that figure of speech characterizes the speaker who used it and how the saying relates to the plot of the novel.
After Flag's death, Jody decides that running away from his family is the best option.
Part 1.) Describe Jody's plans to run away and how he will execute those plans.
Part 2.) Explain the emotions that Jody felt when he was running away and his motivations for wanting to leave his family behind.
Part 3.) Describe the lessons that Jody learned while he was on the run and what his conclusions about life with his family were.
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)