Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Forresters do to the Huttos in retaliation for Oliver's wedding to Twink?
2. During what month of the year does Penny begin all his planting for the upcoming harvest?
3. When Ma attempts to shoot Flag, where does she hit him?
4. What crop of the Baxter family is described as "rotting in the ground"?
5. After Christmas, how often do the Forrester brothers ride past the Baxter farm.
Throughout the novel, both of Jody's parents have very different parenting styles and opinions about Jody's childhood. Briefly describe the way that each of Jody's parents raised him and what effect both of their parenting styles had in shaping his character as he matured.
Fodder Wing played an important role in Jody's relationship with animals.
Part 1.) Explain who Fodder Wing is and how he got his name.
Part 2.) Compare/contrast Fodder Wing and Jody's relationships with the animals of the woods.
Part 3.) Theorize how Fodder Wing would have reacted to Flag's fate.
In the middle of the novel, there is a flood that overtakes the Baxter's land.
Part 1.) Describe the effects that the flood had on the land surrounding the Baxter's farm.
Part 2.) Describe the ways that the Baxter family was directly affected by the flood's damages.
Part 3.) Explain how the Baxter family survived in the months following the flood's damages.
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)