|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Penny explain that it was necessary to lie to Oliver Hutto?
2. What does Ma call the Forrester boys after the lie to Oliver Hutto?
3. What color is Twink's hair?
4. What animal movement signals to Penny that bad weather might be coming?
5. Who is the only member of the Baxter family to kill one of the invading wolves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the opening chapter, Jody Baxter proclaims his three life's desires. Briefly describe each of the three desires that Jody has for his life and explain how, through the course of the novel, he accomplishes each one.
Essay Topic 2
Two families play central roles in the novel: the Baxter family and the Forrester family. Briefly describe each family and compare/contrast the way that the two families relate to the woods and nature that they live in.
Essay Topic 3
In the novel, Jody experiences two major losses: the death of Fodder Wing and the death of Flag. Describe how each death affected Jody's character and how each death propelled him toward his maturation into manhood.
This section contains 1,245 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)