Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Forresters do to the Huttos in retaliation for Oliver's wedding to Twink?
2. During what month of the year does Penny begin all his planting for the upcoming harvest?
3. When Ma attempts to shoot Flag, where does she hit him?
4. What crop of the Baxter family is described as "rotting in the ground"?
5. After Christmas, how often do the Forrester brothers ride past the Baxter farm.
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, both of Jody's parents have very different parenting styles and opinions about Jody's childhood. Briefly describe the way that each of Jody's parents raised him and what effect both of their parenting styles had in shaping his character as he matured.
Essay Topic 2
Two families play central roles in the novel: the Baxter family and the Forrester family. Briefly describe each family and compare/contrast the way that the two families relate to the woods and nature that they live in.
Essay Topic 3
In the novel, Jody experiences two major losses: the death of Fodder Wing and the death of Flag. Describe how each death affected Jody's character and how each death propelled him toward his maturation into manhood.
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)