Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Forresters do to the Huttos in retaliation for Oliver's wedding to Twink?
2. During what month of the year does Penny begin all his planting for the upcoming harvest?
3. When Ma attempts to shoot Flag, where does she hit him?
4. What crop of the Baxter family is described as "rotting in the ground"?
5. After Christmas, how often do the Forrester brothers ride past the Baxter farm.
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, there are many times that the Baxters lose their animals and crops. Choose two instances in which the Baxters were set back in their profits. Describe each instance and explain how this loss affected the Baxters directly.
Essay Topic 2
Buck Forrester enters the Baxter family's life as a beacon of light. Gradually, as the novel progresses, that light begins to fade. Describe how Buck Forrester functions as a beacon of light and explain how the changing character of Buck Forrester signals to the reader that darkness is quickly approaching the Baxter family.
Essay Topic 3
After Flag's death, Jody decides that running away from his family is the best option.
Part 1.) Describe Jody's plans to run away and how he will execute those plans.
Part 2.) Explain the emotions that Jody felt when he was running away and his motivations for wanting to leave his family behind.
Part 3.) Describe the lessons that Jody learned while he was on the run and what his conclusions about life with his family were.
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)