|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What scarce food source does Flag begin to steal and eat from the family?
2. What strange item does Jody attempt to eat to fend off his starvation?
3. What is Buck Forrester's response to his brother's accusation of Penny Baxter?
4. What name does Ma use to refer to Twink?
5. What does Ma call the Forrester boys after the lie to Oliver Hutto?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fodder Wing played an important role in Jody's relationship with animals.
Part 1.) Explain who Fodder Wing is and how he got his name.
Part 2.) Compare/contrast Fodder Wing and Jody's relationships with the animals of the woods.
Part 3.) Theorize how Fodder Wing would have reacted to Flag's fate.
Essay Topic 2
When the wolves enter the Baxter family land, they cause chaos in the family.
Part 1.) Describe the way that the wolves directly affect life for the Baxters on the farm.
Part 2.) Compare/contrast the ways that the Baxters and the Forresters propose to get rid of the wolves and the conflict that arises due to their disagreement.
Part 3.) Explain the aftereffects of killing the wolves on both the people and animals involved.
Essay Topic 3
After Penny is injured by the rattlesnake, there is a period of time when Buck Forrester stays with the Baxter family. Compare/contrast life on the Baxter farm before and during Buck's time there and explain how Buck Forrester helped to change Ma Baxter's mindset about the Forrester family.
This section contains 1,232 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)